User Skins - Discussion

What I want to know, is can other people see the skin? don't worry, I'm not going to spam pretty pink pony skins and stuff, I want to make futuristic tron ones.

for now i think it's only the player with said skin or everyone would have to DL said skin

medal medal medal

what about in the future? couldn't it all be saved to one server or something and then the server or whatever the information is stored in sorts out who looks like what?

Only the Dev's know that answer sorry

unfortunately yup

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can anyone explain to me how to keep all the small rivets and other details on? I can avoid painting over them. Is there some way I can place them onto a separate layer?

They stay on if you erase them cause they are on the actual 3D model but you can paint over it with Photoshop and lower the transparency

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That is so perfect thank you!

This is the one I'm using: http://www.dafont.com/usaaf-stencil.font

[spoiler] usaaf_stencil.jpg[/spoiler]

It's a bit better as it feautures a higher variety of letter and numbers (also the serial numbers with lines, which would be proper for the Corsair).

post-13811-0-63092800-1395524342.png

post-13811-0-05670200-1395524340.png

medal medal

how to use the letters man ( photoshop ) 

You need to move the downloaded file to your C:\WIndows\Fonts dictonary, after that start Photoshop (or Gimp) and it should install the new font automaticly.

medal medal

You need to move the downloaded file to your C:\WIndows\Fonts dictonary, after that start Photoshop (or Gimp) and it should install the new font automaticly.

now pls step by step i dont get it exactly 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Very close on finishing my own verson of the checker-tail shark camo.  Last step is mostly doing back and forth checks for seam lines on the camo and doing some color adjustments.

[spoiler]

p_40e_1_c-2.jpg

p_40e_1_c_dmg-2.jpg

[/spoiler]

Earlier WIP of the skin, not representative of the final.

[spoiler]aces2014-04-1100-42-06-212.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by foxlight713
medal medal

This is the one I'm using: http://www.dafont.com/usaaf-stencil.font

[spoiler] usaaf_stencil.jpg[/spoiler]

It's a bit better as it feautures a higher variety of letter and numbers (also the serial numbers with lines, which would be proper for the Corsair).

[spoiler]

post-13811-0-63092800-1395524342.png

post-13811-0-05670200-1395524340.png

[/spoiler]

Yes and no. Some look really nice but the NAVY and Marines writing are not the same as USAAF. Also there's too many checks on the nose!

medal medal medal

Yes and no. Some look really nice but the NAVY and Marines writing are not the same as USAAF. Also there's too many checks on the nose!

Well  used this one as reference for the first one: [spoiler]F4U-1DUnit: VMF-312, USMC
Serial: 530

Standard US Navy Glossy Sea Blue painting scheme. Propeller blades are Black with Yellow tips.

3_134.jpg [/spoiler]

Anyway I'm not quite sure about the font, it worked quite well and looks quite resembling to my references so far (judging by my works with the Caties and lately B-17G).

medal medal

Normal skin.

[spoiler]13833026185_bddafaf55a_o.jpg[/spoiler]

Unedited skin from "template" folder.

[spoiler]

13833374994_1d78444b40_o.jpg

[/spoiler]

GG Gaijin...

They look low-res on the hangar but in-game it seems fine.

medal

They look low-res on the hangar but in-game it seems fine.

No, it's looks the same in-game.

Some skins need to have the rivets and stuff textured. It sucks but you have to do them all manually.

Some skins need to have the rivets and stuff textured. It sucks but you have to do them all manually.

I know, but currently game is destroying quality of these skins...

In photoshop it looks normal.

medal medal medal medal

Normal skin.

[spoiler]13833026185_bddafaf55a_o.jpg[/spoiler]

Unedited skin from "template" folder.

[spoiler]

13833374994_1d78444b40_o.jpg

[/spoiler]

GG Gaijin...

Customs skins templates are all in 1024px. You can take UV map and make your own skin higher res. But be prepared for painting rivets, dirt, scratches and other painful things   ;)s

medal

Customs skins templates are all in 1024px. You can take UV map and make your own skin higher res. But be prepared for painting rivets, dirt, scratches and other painful things    ;)s

So, it's normal?

Screen from photoshop:

13834553354_e344408944_o.jpg

Screen from game:

13834223643_690a636546_o.jpg

It looks much worse than it should...

Edit.

Customs skins templates are all in 1024px.

No, I checked them and they are in 2048px...

Edited by RideR2
medal medal medal medal