User Skins - Discussion

here are 3 skins of mine :

P-47D red Tails

[attachment=64134:shot 2014.04.14 01.00.38.jpg]

P-51D Crazy Horse without invasion stripes and tail numbers

[attachment=64135:shot 2014.04.14 00.58.31.jpg]

P-51D HeartBreaker

[attachment=64136:shot 2014.04.14 01.46.55.jpg]

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Double check your graphic settings. Dev server reset them.

Hmm...

[spoiler]

13834469503_76c35274b0_o.jpg

[/spoiler]

There's no problem here...

Edited by RideR2
medal medal medal medal

Had a first crack at a skin using a WOP psd as a base, definitely saves about 90% of the time and messing around. The sooner GJ do this for WT the better.

Shame there are no custom decals yet, adding some of my own decals to the skin texture means the end up very small and either too pixelated or very heavily antialiased.

medal

So, it's normal?

Screen from photoshop:

Screen from game:

It looks much worse than it should...

Edit.

No, I checked them and they are in 2048px...

Oops/ Maybe it's just me then. Sorry. I play on lower settings so I get lower resolution template, I guess

This shot from hangar seems very smudged. I guess you up sampled color texture. And text is looking bad. Rasterize text in PS with some other anti aliasing method, try with sharp.

How do you save your tga? Bits per pixel should be 24 and no compression. At least that worked for me.

Edited by polydrafter
medal

how can i "copy and paste" things into the photoshop ?

Use google for this, you can find innumerous tutorials to do all sort of thins on photoshop.

medal

This shot from hangar seems very smudged. I guess you up sampled color texture. And text is looking bad. Rasterize text in PS with some other anti aliasing method, try with sharp.

This quality is a bug (confirmed by mod) and it will be reported...

How do you save your tga? Bits per pixel should be 24 and no compression. At least that worked for me.

32 bits and no compression.

medal medal medal medal

anyone got a clue what i've done wrong here

this is my custom RAF skin (not great but anyway)

[spoiler]p_51d_a_zps4e76cd63.png

[/spoiler]

however in game it comes out shiney like

[spoiler]

rafp51_zps39d13bf7.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by Fernbhoy
medal medal medal

anyone got a clue what i've done wrong here

this is my custom RAF skin (not great but anyway)

[spoiler]p_51d_a_zps4e76cd63.png

[/spoiler]

however in game it comes out shiney like

[spoiler]

rafp51_zps39d13bf7.png

[/spoiler]

change the _n files 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

change them how? as it stands it's just a copy of my a file

Edit Nvm, that was the issue :D

the orange calour in the _n files are the Metallic shiny calour , the green and darker ones are those noral calours 

If you guys haven't seen this thread you should check it out -> http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/124989-custom-skins-for-war-thunder/  Basicaly we can have multiple custom skins as long as you name the folders right.

So when you generate the template the folder in the UserSkins folder will look like this -> template_p-40e

However you can remove the 'template' from the folder name and as long as the plane name (as the game files know's it as ie. the P-40E is read by the game files as p-40e) you can name multiple folders anything you want as long as it has the correct corresponding name on it.

For example i have 2 custom skins for the P-40E that use the folder names

p-40e_BlankPaint

p-40e_Checkertail_Tigershark

In game under 'User Skins' both will appear and I can select from both camos to use.  So for example you have multiple skins for the P-38G just make sure that 'p-38g' is the prefix for all the folders so the game can recongnize that a specific folder is for a specific plane.

medal medal

it's actually even easier. In UserSkin make a folder with any name you want (for example I have two different B17G, Carrie B and Liberty Bell), and just put the right files in it, no matter the name. Once in game, I pick my B17G and can choose between the name of the folders, no matter the name of the files.

medal medal medal

• 8 months later...

So, it's normal?

Screen from photoshop:

13834553354_e344408944_o.jpg

Screen from game:

13834223643_690a636546_o.jpg

It looks much worse than it should...

Edit.

No, I checked them and they are in 2048px...

An affect of TGA instead of DDS right here

change them how? as it stands it's just a copy of my a file

Edit Nvm, that was the issue :D

the orange calour in the _n files are the Metallic shiny calour , the green and darker ones are those noral calours 

Hueynam is right about n file, but it's not to do with the colours- somewhere, one of your layers is full opacity, you need to turn it off or down to 50% or something like that- opacity causes the "feature" (shine or matt) to be displayed more or less

• 2 months later...

I am looking to create camouflage skins for my tanks, but when I open TGA file with GIMP (latest version 2.8) I get the checkerboard screen with Red, Green, Blue, Alpha channels available. When I copy the alpha channel to edit, the checkerboard becomes all black. This only happens for ground forces, I can edit aircraft just fine. Please point me in the right direction for creating skins for tanks.

Hello everyone , :salute:  Rico here. Just made my first skin ; :good:

Yak 1[attachment=128616:Black_Yak 1.jpg]

More on the way :yes:

Maj. Rico_1953 Pilot  signing out :salute: