Discussion about coming Ground vehicles matchmaking system changes

I'm not over exaggerating anything. OK, i admit, i was angry and ranting a bit but what i wrote was true. And that "1 extra baddie tank" could completly destroy the Tiger 1 and make it simply useless. If the 5.7 br is going to be implemented then the Tiger 1 is offically going to be usless.

Well my Fav Tank is the Pz IV H  (that just got its armour nerf'd) and that can now see the IS2 aswell so im in the same boat as u, but ranting won't persuade the Dev's 

medal medal medal medal

The T-34-85 DT only had it's BR increased by 0.3 putting in on equality with the PIV H and G...     

That just seems so.....

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Maybe it's just me though....   God, I love that tank... it freaking rocks...

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

panther D 6.0 and panzer 4G 5.0... :facepalm:  also why is the panzer 3E 2.3 it has a weak 37mm gun so what is it gonna do to T50 and T34??

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

why isn't there any relation between tank and plane BR's

the panther D that had to face yak-9 and spit Mk IX is going to see post war jet above him

this make no sense

• Upvote 3

Well my Fav Tank is the Pz IV H  (that just got its armour nerf'd) and that can now see the IS2 aswell so im in the same boat as u, but ranting won't persuade the Dev's 

Yeah, that is the bad thing. NOTHING will persuade the devs to do anything. They do whatever the hell they want and if they want to send inferior german tanks against glorious stronk soviet tanks then they are going to do that.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Plane BR  are so wide it would be surprising if that was not the case : some planes very under BR'd despite dates. Best to forget about dates entirely...... not that sort of game.Now. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Might I bring your attention to another important fact of the proposed and now thankfully rolled back BR changes?

Via adjusting the tanks so that they are now more in accordance to planes, it becomes again a step more unrealistic in mixed battles. Meaning that tanks that fight each other are not from a similar year than the planes of the same BR.

For example we have a Panther D at BR 6.0. Now which planes with a BR of 6.0 fought in Kursk and shortly beyond? Did the Luftwaffe already have Kurfürst BF109 (K, BR 5.7) at the battle of kursk? etc. etc. etc.

I know it is done to shorten waiting times....but NOT at the cost of historical accuracy please.......I prefer longer waiting times to time-traveling BS to be honest.

• Upvote 18
medal

Might I bring your attention to another important fact of the proposed and now thankfully rolled back BR changes?

Via adjusting the tanks so that they are now more in accordance to planes, it becomes again a step more unrealistic in mixed battles. Meaning that tanks that fight each other are not from a similar year than the planes of the same BR.

For example we have a Panther D at BR 6.0. Now which planes with a BR of 6.0 fought in Kursk and shortly beyond? Did the Luftwaffe already have Kurfürst BF109 (K, BR 5.7) at the battle of kursk? etc. etc. etc.

I know it is done to shorten waiting times....but NOT at the cost of historical accuracy please.......I prefer longer waiting times to time-traveling BS to be honest.

basically what i said

Gaijin this is important you've already lost a lot of credibility among the sim community pleas don't lose what's left of it

• Upvote 3

I know it is done to shorten waiting times....

Its funny how the long term effect of patches like this, intended to shorten waiting times, will significantly increase them, just by driving players away...

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

With the Tiger I and Panther Ausf. D at their new BR facing IS-2s and such. They BETTER get APCR. Otherwise, the BR increase for them is entirely uncalled for. (And to be honest, it was to begin with.)

Seriously. What is happening to the game. It's like they are trying to drive people away from playing with these horrid changes.

medal medal medal medal

The IS-2 BR I don't understand. The Tiger has enough trouble with T-34's why make it face tanks it has no chance of ever taking a hit from.

The IS-3 BR I also don't understand, its a joke in Rank IV battles as its hull armour is paper, so now its being raised to fight even high tanks?

I mean I have German tanks so I could care less the IS-3 is getting bumped. The IS-2 however is going to be an issue.

medal

very interesting...... Well not going away I was already away for too long. All I know is I die from my own stupidity but we'll see when I finally get some descent tanks.

Gaijan lets keep the jets out of the combined battles for now please

I just logged on and I didn't see any changes to BRs. T-50 is still 2.3. Also, you have got to be kidding me with the tiger BR increase. I just got it and was just starting to like it as I nestled into its playstyle. Gaijin, you do realize it faced t-34 mod 1941s, 1942s and 1943s, right? Why not sandwich it between the IS series and the T-34/76s so that it has an equal chance of fighting an earlier war battle and a late war battle.

But of course that would be "unfair" (*cough*absolutely fair if Russian players don't play like idiots and try to engage at range*cough*)
Seriously. Tiger should be put between the T-34/76 1941 and the /85 1944, with enough separation that allows an Equal chance of seeing one or the other, but not both. So if you are lucky you could be like the one Tiger on a battle similar to those of 1942-1943, facing a mix of mod 1941s and 1942s, or be on the defense as the red army storms westward across Eastern Europe as the Germans perform a fighting retreat. That is ideal. Believe me I would be absolutely ok with it fighting IS-2s like it did IRL, but only if you give it an equal chance to fight T-34/76s with no IS-2s to be seen.

Also, Sherman BR.
[spoiler]psbVEdK.jpg[/spoiler] Edited by Brogan1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Pz.Kpfw. M4-748(a) 3.7 4.7
Pz.Kpfw. M4-748(a) 3.7 4.7

Pz.Kpfw. M4-748(a) 3.7--4.7

.... Really ?

This. The sherman already struggled as it was against Jagdpanzer IVs and T-34-57s....Now you've set it to encounter IS-2 mod 1944s and Tiger II Hs ? Are you insane?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So the Tiger 1 will now meed IS-2s on a regular basis?

This looks like a flaw, otherwise let's hope it will play out. Less time in the queue and fair, interesting matches sound good - I will have a look later today and I'm curious to what I'll find.

Edited by Cyrant
medal medal medal medal

This. The sherman already struggled as it was against Jagdpanzer IVs and T-34-57s....Now you've set it to encounter IS-2 mod 1944s and Tiger II Hs ? Are you insane?

It can't...   The Tiger II went up to BR 7 and the IS-2 1944 up to BR 7 as well.

It looks like the standard was to push mostly every vehicle (mid ranges) up by 1 BR to put them on equality with the plane scale; however, some other vehicles didn't get on the same push or equivalency.   Some, went up more, some less...

Those Tanks that moved by more or less than 1 are the ones to pay attention too and also where your vehicle falls within the bracket..     The T-34-85 made out like a bandit.     It used to be on par with the Tiger and slightly below the Panther...    Now it's a full 1 BR below that first Panther and 0.7 below the Tiger.    Even though, in the bracketing it will face mostly the same enemies it faced in RB....   mostly....   /evil laugh

The Germans appeared to have been screwed even more in high T3 though (Spread is actually 1.3 with new system was 1.0 with old due to formulas and vehicle sets.)   The Panther D used to be BR 5 and the T-44 BR 6 (1.0 spread or max spread under old system) now the Panther D is BR6 and the T-44 BR 6.7 (0.7 spread or roughly half the max under new system.)

The Panther D will pretty much only see T-44's in RB under this new system...   Tigers too..      Not to mention the impact of pushing up tanks into higher tier Aircraft....   

I'm happy they rolled it back and look forward to what they work on.

Edited by Sidiros
medal medal medal

There are only 6 pages in this thread and never were more.

6? I see 5... 0_o

Anyways, I'm glad the changes were rolled back, They sounded terrible. Do the devs actually play the game as any other nation besides Russia? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal