Graphics Settings Guide

kaewon

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have an updated version of the Graphic Settings, since the most recent "Direct Hit" Patch as well as the introduction to DLSS 2.2 has introduced a few new options for the player.

Edited by Tubby_Vermin
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Tubby_Vermin said:

Does anybody have an updated version of the Graphic Settings, since the most recent "Direct Hit" Patch as well as the introduction to DLSS 2.2 has introduced a few new options for the player.

Yes would be useful. I noticed they have now introduced the cockpit mirror update and a slide to change the quality. But in VR it really does reduce frame rates on lower power you cards and an option to turn mirrors off completely would be appreciated, just like in DCS or IL2 

• Forum Moderator
On 13/09/2021 at 20:11, Mr_Biggies said:

What does the Global Illumination setting do?. What is the difference between low and high quality?

Spoiler

globalillumination.png

This is a technology used to simulate realistic lighting in an environment. This takes into account the light emitted from light sources and also the reflections from such light sources in the environment.  - High performance impact ~30fps

@Tubby_Vermin @Drogo_joystick

I've actually had an updated graphics guide using things like the template above in the works for about a year now but due to moving country multiple times it's been on the back-burner. I've got a CH and some other mods helping me though, and we plan to start working on the updated guide again eventually.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:
Reveal hidden contents

This is a technology used to simulate realistic lighting in an environment. This takes into account the light emitted from light sources and also the reflections from such light sources in the environment.  - High performance impact ~30fps

@Tubby_Vermin @Drogo_joystick

I've actually had an updated graphics guide using things like the template above for about a year now but due to moving country multiple times it's been on the back-burner. I've got a CH and some other mods helping me though, and we plan to start working on the updated guide again eventually.

Thank You. So for a lighter looking game would you recommend having a high or low setting? My monitor is quite dark so I want a brighter setting.

medal medal

• Forum Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mr_Biggies said:

Thank You. So for a lighter looking game would you recommend having a high or low setting? My monitor is quite dark so I want a brighter setting.

Higher in theory would ensure that reflected light would illuminate darker areas, but by the image I included it also looks like it darkens the overall image at the same time. Honestly this is something that you can probably only really determine by testing yourself unfortunately as I don't have access to the game at the moment to help you out. I can ask a tech mod for their input but that might take some time, it's up to you.

On 13/09/2021 at 14:52, TheCheshireCat said:

I've actually had an updated graphics guide using things like the template above in the works for about a year

years ago i started one as well ^^ but my expectations were too high and new things got implemented into WT too

fast or existing graphics options got changed / extended so it was impossible for me to keep up ><

On 13/09/2021 at 14:58, Mr_Biggies said:

My monitor is quite dark so I want a brighter setting.

if you haven't already you could change the 'gamma correction' and 'PostFX' settings to improve the brightness

(gamma correction is only available when the game is running in fullscreen mode though !)

both gamma correction as well as the PostFX setting are to be found in options -> main parameters -> main parameters

brightness.jpg.e064b62f64f223eab7aeb233c

especially with the PostFX settings some really funky stuff can be done ^^

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

It's 2022 and with all the technology advances, I have a question. Oh and an issue the question derives from.

My kit is a well equipped PC regards graphics cards, processor, RAM and such. I have a 2K monitor as well. But I have an awful time seeing targets in Ground Forces Realistic battles. As the saying goes..... "I can't see the tanks for the trees" :-)

My question is although the immersion of high graphics is lost, if I run very low graphic settings will I be able to see the enemy tanks better? I'd rather not drop my screen size to 1080.

Or what do you suggest?

medal

• 6 months later...

I feel like this thread needs an update as the some of the graphical setting options have since changed. 

medal medal