[Guide] Email Bind Guide -- Registering A Gaijin Account Bound To Your PSN Account

18 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

You don't have to register and download anything on PC to use the forums. You only need to bind the email from your console. 

First thing you're met with when going to warthunder.com is a big "REGISTER NOW" button. Altough already playing on the Playstation, I presumed I had to register to be able to download the installer and access the forums. So I registered what I thought was my PSN email, and was confused when I was unable to login as the PSN account name isn't even an email, even tough it is very similar. So I registered with my e-mail account, and then ended up with two accounts instead of one merged one, which I figured out after alot of confusion with getting a password on my (newly registered) email, but that wouldnt work with the email-bind function in game.

Anyways, no big problem and all sorted after reading through these stickie-posts.

I would consider making this more obvious for players accessing the WT webpage coming from other platforms, because it sort of looks like it's equally supported on all platforms with one universal user, regarding all the official logos underneath the big REGISTER NOW and DOWNLOAD GAME buttons. 

You have an active PA until Feb 17th, and you should see it when you login on the console. Contact support with screenshots if it's not visible. 

Well I just purchased the German starter pack after the issue with all my remaining Premium Time disappearing from my PS account described in the previous post, so that sounds right (one week from now). I did however have about a week left of premium time from other packs bought on the PSN store, that are now gone from the PSN account, and obviously not visible in the PC version either (as to be expected as they dont transfer). Would you do me a favor and look at the bundles I've bought over the last month-month and a half, and add all the premium time together and see if feb 17th really is the right date? 

Only things purchased with GE in-game while on the console are transferred to PC due to Sony's policy. From their point of view, customers aren't supposed to play on other platforms at all, let alone have access to purchases made in PS Store elsewhere. Be thankful that at least you keep premium vehicles from War Thunder packs while you login on PC, normally that wouldn't be allowed either. 

Sure I understand that this is probably more to do with Sony's policies than yours, but it feels like this information should be clearly stated in the console/PSN shop on the actual bundles, as you don't need to be able to access the forum, and have read this information, to press the "e-mail bind" button in-game. And same thing on the WT page, when you try to register an account one should be reminded that if coming from PS redirect to this forum post in order to understand what to do to not register a new account and therefore not being able to use that email when trying to bind in-game on the console.

And all the weird differentiations between what is transferrable and what is not is very confusing. I'm sure it has to do with GE being tied to real cash and that's PSN's responsibility as long as you're on a PS, and all the in-game prizes/modifiers etc is part of the game itself and under Gaijin's responsibility and therefore transferrable. But with that front page on WT.com with all the other platforms official logos represented directly under, I sure can't be faulted for thinking that I could use one login universally, or at least not have to access the PC forums to find out that purchases I've made on one platform is not transferrable to another. How was I to know that the WT shop on PSN is different from the one on this site? There is no info about this in any of the Vehicle Pack descriptions. This goes both ways, I've also bought a premium pack through the Gaijin store (when I first registered here) that couldnt be transferred to the PS, because of this confusion. You however showed great customer support, and reimbursed me for the sale.

This lack of clear information combined with your pretty steep prices (sure the game is free to play but the premium planes often cost as much as a whole new blockbuster game) and weird limitations on where and how you can use your purchase does leave a bad taste. I'm sure you're doing the best you can with the limitations you have to work with, but understand that people might be losing game content of great worth because of this confusion.

I appreciate your swift answer and willingness to help, and I understand that PS and Gaijin and the other platforms etc are responsible for some of it and their decisions out of your hands, but "I should feel thankful" for being able to play with what I've paid for on PC the way you market your cross platform support (the way it's presented on the front page) is a pretty bold statement. One could argue someone should have a more transparent marketing strategy on a game that charges as much for a single vehicle as most new games cost at release.

Sorry for the long post, it's all meant with good intentions and a healthy dose of frustration :p:

Edited by fragle2012@psn

1 hour ago, fragle2012@psn said:

Sure I understand that this is probably more to do with Sony's policies than yours, but it feels like this information should be clearly stated in the console/PSN shop on the actual bundles, as you don't need to be able to access the forum, and have read this information, to press the "e-mail bind" button in-game. And same thing on the WT page, when you try to register an account one should be reminded that if coming from PS redirect to this forum post in order to understand what to do to not register a new account and therefore not being able to use that email when trying to bind in-game on the console.

And all the weird differentiations between what is transferrable and what is not is very confusing. I'm sure it has to do with GE being tied to real cash and that's PSN's responsibility as long as you're on a PS, and all the in-game prizes/modifiers etc is part of the game itself and under Gaijin's responsibility and therefore transferrable. But with that front page on WT.com with all the other platforms official logos represented directly under, I sure can't be faulted for thinking that I could use one login universally, or at least not have to access the PC forums to find out that purchases I've made on one platform is not transferrable to another. How was I to know that the WT shop on PSN is different from the one on this site? There is no info about this in any of the Vehicle Pack descriptions. This goes both ways, I've also bought a premium pack through the Gaijin store (when I first registered here) that couldnt be transferred to the PS, because of this confusion. You however showed great customer support, and reimbursed me for the sale.

This lack of clear information combined with your pretty steep prices (sure the game is free to play but the premium planes often cost as much as a whole new blockbuster game) and weird limitations on where and how you can use your purchase does leave a bad taste. I'm sure you're doing the best you can with the limitations you have to work with, but understand that people might be losing game content of great worth because of this confusion.

I appreciate your swift answer and willingness to help, and I understand that PS and Gaijin and the other platforms etc are responsible for some of it and their decisions out of your hands, but "I should feel thankful" for being able to play with what I've paid for on PC the way you market your cross platform support (the way it's presented on the front page) is a pretty bold statement. One could argue someone should have a more transparent marketing strategy on a game that charges as much for a single vehicle as most new games cost at release.

Sorry for the long post, it's all meant with good intentions and a healthy dose of frustration :p:

We have no control of what is allowed to be written in PS Store, and there can't be any mentions of other platforms there. Again, from their point of view it's logical that anything you purchase in PS Store is only ever available on PlayStation platform and doesn't require any explanation. At least keeping premium vehicles on the account upon login on PC required pretty hard negotiating hence my mention of it.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your input.

So, now I have some premium time from a bundle bought on PSN. If I login to the PC version of the game, I understand that the premium time wont be transferred over to the pc version, along with any GE I have from bundles. But will it be untouched in the PS version, running as I left it when I open the PS version again?

49 minutes ago, fragle2012@psn said:

Thanks for your input.

So, now I have some premium time from a bundle bought on PSN. If I login to the PC version of the game, I understand that the premium time wont be transferred over to the pc version, along with any GE I have from bundles. But will it be untouched in the PS version, running as I left it when I open the PS version again?

Yes, this is what will happen. But if you spend GE from pack on premium time or some vehicle etc, it will be available on PC.

• Like 1

Right. Just want to make sure I put that newly acquired Premium Time from the bundle to good use and that it doesn't get lost in the process of playing the same account on both PSN and PC.

Thanks for the swift reply.

• 3 months later...

Hey,

i hope somebody can help me. I tried to link my E-Mail adress to my PSN account several times over the last two weeks, i tried the articles for when I don’t get an E-Mail and everything. I even contacted the support but I they only suggest that I should try to work through the steps of the article wich i already did. 
what should I do?

Stona_WT (Posted )

Topic merged.
medal

1 hour ago, Maikiboy2319@psn said:

Hey,

i hope somebody can help me. I tried to link my E-Mail adress to my PSN account several times over the last two weeks, i tried the articles for when I don’t get an E-Mail and everything. I even contacted the support but I they only suggest that I should try to work through the steps of the article wich i already did. 
what should I do?

Please check 1st post of this topic.

• Thanks 1