Panzer IV 88mm Flak 18/36

155 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this in-game?

• Yes
    • No

the trademark/patent was on the E-50 Ausf.M (which didn't exist)

http://english.gosu-wot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/patent.tank_.e-50m.0.jpg

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/19/wargaming-patents-e-50m/

so in other words the E-100 is still possible and quit spreading around bull floral.

the E-100 in WoT is derived from the sketches of others Whom have copy-writes on the designs that prevent them (WG) from patenting.

I'd rather have a lack of tier 5 German tanks than a load of WoT copies which never made it of the drawing board

medal medal

Put existing things together, patent it. They got that advice from apple ?

Nope, Microsoft
medal medal medal

I'm talking about the WAFFENTRAEGER E-100, which IS their own design (and one that would've in fact been impossible by their own admission because the gun mounting was way too big irl).  Next time, READ my post before you jump the gun and make yourself look bad, got it?

Back on the topic of this thread, what BR should this thing have?  Sure it's a flak vehicle with a massive gun, but said gun probably won't be very useful as an AA gun in-game due to the low rate of fire (unless we can set the range at which the shells burst, otherwise a direct hit would be required), so chances are it would be used more frequently as a tank destroyer.  All of that has to be taken into account when deciding what kind of opposition it should face.

care to find the trademark or patent? because I cant find one...

They can't prevent anyone from doing their own version because it was an existing design concept from 1942, even the name is based on German Nomenclature, Waffentrager was nomenclature for a Weapons carriage intended for Anti-Tank capabilities. Sure they could have a copy-write issue if you were to directly copy their version, but they can't prevent anyone from mating the Gerät 50 to a E-100 hull or even a Panther's hull or yet again the E-50's hull...

1996366_original.jpg

The only thing War-gaming could patent is their version of the E-100 WT's gun shield and "their" cannon as it doesn't reflect the Gerät 50 cannon it's supposed to be utilizing...

[spoiler]

Gerät 50

15_20cm_20flak_20geraet_2050_303.jpg

vs

Franken-Cannon powered by game magic and pixy dust.

bf3b2b78a5bf6463fb615f4f3e302ebb.png

[/spoiler]

medal medal medal

I can't wait to shoot down an enemy bomber with the massive power of an 88mm HE shell! :D

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I can't wait to shoot down an enemy bomber with the massive power of an 88mm HE shell! 

You'd need some radar controlled aiming drives for that one lol... 

Most of the bombers seem to fly pretty low, & I believe there was a "bubble" if you will of space where 88mm flak was ineffective (the fuses couldn't be set that short), but the medium/light AA was ineffective (And hence, the bombers were "safe" so to speak.)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Most of the bombers seem to fly pretty low, & I believe there was a "bubble" if you will of space where 88mm flak was ineffective (the fuses couldn't be set that short), but the medium/light AA was ineffective (And hence, the bombers were "safe" so to speak.)

shhhh smaller detail. Besides I don't think they will be THAT historically accurate xD I hope...

shhhh smaller detail. Besides I don't think they will be THAT historically accurate xD I hope...

Hehe. It would be fun to pepper the sky with flak though. But if the fuses couldn't be set that short a direct hit will really take that plane out.

Hell yeah!

You're lucky. Non of the posts I've made, have made it this far :( Anyway I support this however I was wondering what rank it would fit in? Any thoughts?

You're lucky. Non of the posts I've made, have made it this far :( Anyway I support this however I was wondering what rank it would fit in? Any thoughts?

Thanks man.

It might work well around tier 2 or early tier 3.

Edited by NutellaArmor

nice to see, still I think it will be hard to use in it's AA role and will be used more in the way of a self propelled AT-Gun. Seen as this caliber was mainly used against high altitude and grouped targets, this won't have an easy time used against fighters. (Outside AB and it's aiming aid)

Edited by Cyrant
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Sure, why not?  I wonder how many SPAAA the other nations have...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I doubt most people will use this as an SPAA (though it should belong to that line) considering that gun is effective only on the ground and on high altitudes

Cyrant described it better than me so i'll just say this

glass cannons win- 1.70 approved

medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As Panzer IV with the Flak 41 has been previously implemented,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: