Bf-109Z "Zwilling", The German F-82 Using the BF-109

LordLetto

On 25/04/2015 at 12:37, LordLetto said:

I Don't Know if it's been suggested before as I can't access the Previously Suggested List and I checked the 1st Half of the Passed to Devs Section and never seen it there.

Basically the Bf-109Z "Zwilling" Was a Experimental 109 that was essentially 2 Bf-109F Airframes joined together using a New Wing Center Section and Tailplane, both of constant chord, in a manner paralleled by the F-82 Twin Mustang. in the Pre-Production Model, the Right fuselage cockpit was faired over and the pilot flew from the left fuselage, additional mods included moving the main undercarriage hinges further inward with associated strengthening of the fuselage and mods to the Forward wing structure.

there were to be 4 variants of it, a interceptor with 5 30mm cannons and a 1000kg (2200Lb) Bomb load, a Fighter-Bomber with 2 MK 108 Cannons and up to 2x2200Lb Bombs, Both would be Powered by the DB 605 Engine, 2 more would be designed on paper similar to the 1st 2 but powered by Jumo 213 Engines. Only 1 was Built and was never flown as it was damaged in it's hanger during a allied bombing raid in 1943 with the project being permanently abandoned in 1944.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109_variants#Bf_109Z_.22Zwilling.22

http://www.klueser.eu/Me109.php

Green, W.; Warplanes of the Third Reich, Macdonald and Jane's, 1970.

A Bit of Data Posted in one of the Pics:

Bf109Z-1 (Data Based on Project Estimates)

Span: 13.270m

Length: 9.048m

Height: 2.690m

Weight Empty: 6000kg

Weight Loaded: 7280kg

Max Range: 1995km

Wing Area: 32.2sq.m

Max Speed: 743km/h at 8000m

Cruise Speed: 570km/h at 3000m

Service Ceiling: 11700m

Pics (in Spoilers cause a Symbol on Tail that May be Offensive to some People):

454965_orig.jpg

Bf109Z_3Seiten_neu.jpg3bm109z.jpg

The swastika is not an offensive symbol. Its used by some asian cultures. 

2 hours ago, HighDude said:

The swastika is not an offensive symbol. Its used by some asian cultures. 

context my dude

• Upvote 3
medal

12 hours ago, TyphoonCro said:

Iiiiiinteresting...

Yesterday you posted in this topic... And today there is devblog...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I think yes because I go offline for practically weeks is not months, then I come back to see the progress, then I post something, and 3 Days Later Bam! Gaijin answers my first question! Let's just hope it's actually a decent aircraft.

I like it, I just believe it should be in the main tree, and not a gift plane.

• Confused 1
medal medal

On 30/05/2018 at 13:50, JonMan94 said:

That's about the first time I've seen something that wasn't passed to Devs end up coming to the game... granted, this thread started three years ago but still PRAISE GAIJOOBLES! 

It's not common, but it does happen.  One of my topics also has gone that route for 1.79:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, Razgriz__ said:

what's wrong in that game? xD

It's doing better than War Thunder as far as player attraction, and revenue due to their premium tactics. That's what is wrong.

:(

Edited by Guest

Ssssssooooooo....what is the likeliness that Gaijin will add the He-111-Z to the game, seeing that several examples flew?

And if it's added to the game, again what is the likeliness that it will not be nerfed down so badly that we all hate it and regret this plane being added?

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the bf 109Z has been added as per update 1.79,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: