Object 685 Amphibious Light Tank

WulfPack

Hah! Yeah, I'd be more interested in dating, but most girls are short.... just about everyone is short when you're 6'8/205cm...

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm 188 cm tall, which is still a lot less than you, but more than average. However, I like short girls more than tall ones. ;)s 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
It has a 100mm with an autoloader wih over 300mm of pen at 1km away = 8.0

[Spoiler]

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm 188 cm tall, which is still a lot less than you, but more than average. However, I like short girls more than tall ones. ;)s

Dunno... wouldn't mind girls who were 190 cm, but all of the ones I've met are like tooth-picks. The girls who are 190+ cm tall and aren't tooth-picks are working for VS or SI, making a few mil a year, and I wouldn't have a shot at them anyhow... 

So, 150-170cm girls it is, I guess. :| *Salt is real*.... *Why cant there be any girls 200+ cm tall that are down to earth, smart, funny, and beautiful...?*

[/Spoiler]

It has a 100mm with an autoloader wih over 300mm of pen at 1km away = 8.0

If I'm honest, I totally missed that this tank had half of it's ammo load in an automatic loader.... 

But it very quickly raises the question... APFSDS and HEAT-FS are 1978 rounds..... and this thing entered service in the years before 1970.... So what did it fire between those ten years? and how fast could the autoloader fire?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

[Spoiler]

Dunno... wouldn't mind girls who were 190 cm, but all of the ones I've met are like tooth-picks. The girls who are 190+ cm tall and aren't tooth-picks are working for VS or SI, making a few mil a year, and I wouldn't have a shot at them anyhow... 

So, 150-170cm girls it is, I guess. :| *Salt is real*.... *Why cant there be any girls 200+ cm tall that are down to earth, smart, funny, and beautiful...?*

[/Spoiler]

If I'm honest, I totally missed that this tank had half of it's ammo load in an automatic loader.... 

But it very quickly raises the question... APFSDS and HEAT-FS are 1978 rounds..... and this thing entered service in the years before 1970.... So what did it fire between those ten years? and how fast could the autoloader fire?

Well its prototype was built in 1975. If I had to guess on its RoF, I would say 8-10 RPM(Based on the T-64's autoloading 125-mm doing 8 RPM).

• Upvote 1
medal

Well its prototype was built in 1975. If I had to guess on its RoF, I would say 8-10 RPM(Based on the T-64's autoloading 125-mm doing 8 RPM).

Yeah, it would fit right after the PT-76B, PT76M, and Object 906 (PT-85) as Russia's endgame light tank @ BR 8.0/8.3  :yes:

medal medal medal

Yeah, it would fit right after the PT-76B, PT76M, and Object 906 (PT-85) as Russia's endgame light tank @ BR 8.0/8.3  :yes:

Don't forget the PT-90.  :)s

8.3 BR?

Edited by WulfPack
medal

Don't forget the PT-90.  :)s

8.3 BR?

Was the PT-90 ever actually built? iirc it was only ever at the design stage.

medal medal medal medal

The biggest problem of the PT-90, would be its D-62 90-mm.

Sry I say no, because almost 25 years after the timeline set by Gaijin is a bit to much for me.

1953 hasn't been the cut-off date for all most a year.

medal

Sry I say no, because almost 25 years after the timeline set by Gaijin is a bit to much for me.

The cutoff for date is currently in the 1970s and is now based more on technology then when it was actually made.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

In December of 1969, seeking a replacement for the PT-76, the Soviet Government formed following design specifications:

Have a top speed of 70 km/h on land and 12 km/h in the water

Use the D-33 rifled 100-mm gun

Possible ammunition:-

3BM25 APFSDS 

Muzzle velocity: 1430 M/S

Armor pen: 300mm at 1000 meters @ 90 degrees   

3BK17M HEAT-FS 

Muzzle velocity: 1075 M/S

Armor pen: 390mm @ 0 degrees(Thank you for this information, Choogleblitz)

CyA3TuN.jpgdOfeddX.jpg

Yes please! This solves all of the annoying issues with the PT-76.

Specifically the top speed being limited to 42km/h. Also, something to end the line? I guess it would feel like a solid tier V :)

Edited by xHDx
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

It looks cool, but please don't throw it at WWII vehicles...

really? because of its gun? Or its massive.... 10mm of armor? Mate, any reserve tank can pen this thing. 7.7 MGs can pen its top armor and damage the engine and kill the crew.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

really? because of its gun? Or its massive.... 10mm of armor? Mate, any reserve tank can pen this thing. 7.7 MGs can pen its top armor and damage the engine and kill the crew.

This is not a reason it should fight Pathers and Tigers.

Most T-34 can penetrate Leopards. It doesn't mean that Leopards should fight T-34.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Further discussion. 

• Upvote 3

It's pretty much the gun and speed that put it at 8.0. I'm not sure MG fire would have any affect on it, as it was immune to 7.62 AP and 12.7 ammo.

medal

WulfPack, on 01 May 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

Don't forget the PT-90.   :)s

8.3 BR?

With exception to the 85mm PT-76 used in the Invasion of Czechoslovakia, a 90mm gun was originally proposed for Object 906, but was later rejected.

If you think about it, the firepower of the PT-85 is already a significant improvement over the PT-76.

medal medal medal

With exception to the 85mm PT-76 used in the Invasion of Czechoslovakia, a 90mm gun was originally proposed for Object 906, but was later rejected.

If you think about it, the firepower of the PT-85 is already a significant improvement over the PT-76.

That really depends on the ammo fired by the 85-mm. 

medal

I have the values for the 90 mm gun if needed.

You do? I would like to see them. PM them to me, please. 

Edited by WulfPack
medal

You do? I would like to see them. PM them to me, please. 

PM isn't working for some reason so...

ZQbxZ9n.png

1,550 m/s for APDS. Penetration is the first listing.

850 m/s for HEAT. Penetration is the second listing. 

600 m/s for HE-FRAG.

All penetration values are in Soviet standard. 

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

PM isn't working for some reason so...

ZQbxZ9n.png

1,550 m/s for APDS. Penetration is the first listing.

850 m/s for HEAT. Penetration is the second listing. 

600 m/s for HE-FRAG.

All penetration values are in Soviet standard. 

Do you know the rate of fire that the Object 685 achieved during testing?

medal

Do you know the rate of fire that the Object 685 achieved during testing?

Probably pretty quick. Wouldn't be surprised if the number was well past 15 rounds a minute. (19 round autoloader.... with relatively small caliber... 4 seconds a reload sounds pretty reasonable.....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal