Object 685 Amphibious Light Tank

WulfPack

Before anyone ask, No it can't be added. It was likely tested in the early 80s, amongst the other problems.

I had a feeling that it was outside the time frame, but at least the Object 685 can be added.

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

Before anyone ask, No it can't be added. It was likely tested in the early 80s, amongst the other problems.

Lol, I had the same feeling which is why I didn't ask... but I think the Obj. 685 will provide enough entertainment for the time being.

Kinda want to see what comes with it, T-55, T-62, T-64, T-72, etc... But the other part of me wants to have it all wait until there is at least a permanent EC for them to be used in... No point in having a quick tank with a great gun, amphibious capability..... to have it be forced into a map that's like 8x8 city blocks.... 2x2 km if that.

I'll probably drag this off topic again, but are there any tanks that were equally fast in the water as they were on ground...? (Or, at least more than 12 kph in water?)....

It's nice to not have to worry about drowning (Heh... yeah... I seem to be more prone to drowning than I'd like to admit), but they really are quite slow... :S

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Lol, I had the same feeling which is why I didn't ask... but I think the Obj. 685 will provide enough entertainment for the time being.

Kinda want to see what comes with it, T-55, T-62, T-64, T-72, etc... But the other part of me wants to have it all wait until there is at least a permanent EC for them to be used in... No point in having a quick tank with a great gun, amphibious capability..... to have it be forced into a map that's like 8x8 city blocks.... 2x2 km if that.

I'll probably drag this off topic again, but are there any tanks that were equally fast in the water as they were on ground...? (Or, at least more than 12 kph in water?)....

It's nice to not have to worry about drowning (Heh... yeah... I seem to be more prone to drowning than I'd like to admit), but they really are quite slow... :S

I don't think there is, at least not within the time periods covered by War Thunder.

medal medal medal medal

I don't think there is, at least not within the time periods covered by War Thunder.

Looked around briefly... yeah, seems like the fastest listed speed was 13kph (compared to 12 kph), but that could probably be anywhere from 3kph to 20kph depending on the currents.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Kinda want to see what comes with it, T-55, T-62, T-64, T-72, 

I didn't think anything past the T-62 was planned.

medal

Eh, if I was a betting man, I would say that it's just a matter of time.

..... I want the 2S25 'Sprut SD', in that case.  ;)s

medal

..... I want the 2S25 'Sprut SD', in that case.  ;)s

Well no, honestly, look at what's happened over the last two or so years... A lot of "No!" replies have become true.... Like Maus, E-100, MiG-17, and I'm sure I'm just forgetting the others. 

The timeline has gone from "Nothing after 1953", to 1957, to "1960's", and even "1970's" for ground forces. 

They've even said that, and I quote, "first generation ATGM gameplay can be very interesting". ( http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/208740-bvv-answers-about-tanks-and-tanks-only-answers-in-russian/page-9#entry4091264 )

Edited by BlitzkriegWulf
  • Upvote 1

Well no, honestly, look at what's happened over the last two or so years... A lot of "No!" replies have become true.... Like Maus, E-100, MiG-17, and I'm sure I'm just forgetting the others. 

The timeline has gone from "Nothing after 1953", to 1957, to "1960's", and even "1970's" for ground forces. 

They've even said that, and I quote, "first generation ATGM gameplay can be very interesting". ( http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/208740-bvv-answers-about-tanks-and-tanks-only-answers-in-russian/page-9#entry4091264 )

Well this is getting very off topic but ATGMs have been confirmed with gameplay being shown.

medal

Well this is getting very off topic but ATGMs have been confirmed with gameplay being shown.

Send me PM with link... i have not seen... :)

And apologies for derailment... I should know better and try to be setting an example.... oh well :\

Enjoy ;)s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkfkBOGomU&feature=youtu.be&t=56

Absolutely amazing.

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

Well, I guess it's time to pull out all those Soviet post-war rocket tank projects (There were quite a lot of them). Too bad the rockets that the Object 685 had were only Surface-Air missiles. 

medal medal medal medal

Enjoy ;)s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkfkBOGomU&feature=youtu.be&t=56

I would prefer if we got back on topic.

Well, I guess it's time to pull out all those Soviet post-war rocket tank projects (There were quite a lot of them). Too bad the rockets that the Object 685 had were only Surface-Air missiles. 

As well as there being another problem. The crew would have to leave the tank to use the Strela-3, as well as it being almost useless against high speed aircraft.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

If it had it, then sure. Just know that will bump its br to around 9.0, where Gaijin are saying they want to place ATGMs.

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

If it had it, then sure. Just know that will bump its br to around 9.0, where Gaijin are saying they want to place ATGMs.

The max BR is going up to 9.0?

medal

In the recent Q&A they mentioned that they are thinking of increasing to at least 9.0, maybe 10.0 before they add ATGMs.

medal medal medal medal

In the recent Q&A they mentioned that they are thinking of increasing to at least 9.0, maybe 10.0 before they add ATGMs.

Hopefully a few tanks get moved up aswell. I suppose, the 685, for the time being, will be at what is the max BR.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

With ATGMs coming, could the 685 get its AT-4 "Fagot"?

It's possible, I guess. Just depends on how the community takes the whole guided missile thing. If it's a hit, and turns out to be less-than-OP, the answer (I would assume?) would be "Why not?".

Hopefully a few tanks get moved up aswell. I suppose, the 685, for the time being, will be at what is the max BR.

Not really. The missile had a pitiful velocity, of right around 180 m/s, and are for short range work (70-2,500 meter).... So, really, the question would have to be, "What can the missile do, that HEAT-FS cannot?", because the HEAT round will be fired at what, 6x the velocity of the missile?

I guess the only perk of the missile is that if the enemy moves, you can compensate, and it probably has better pen.... 

It's possible, I guess. Just depends on how the community takes the whole guided missile thing. If it's a hit, and turns out to be less-than-OP, the answer (I would assume?) would be "Why not?".

Not really. The missile had a pitiful velocity, of right around 180 m/s, and are for short range work (70-2,500 meter).... So, really, the question would have to be, "What can the missile do, that HEAT-FS cannot?", because the HEAT round will be fired at what, 6x the velocity of the missile?

I guess the only perk of the missile is that if the enemy moves, you can compensate, and it probably has better pen.... 

How do you want to dodge a HEATFS shell flying 1200 m/s (or APDS at 1500 m/s)?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

How do you want to dodge a HEATFS shell flying 1200 m/s (or APDS at 1500 m/s)?

YOU dont. Your armor does that for you :D

medal medal medal