SB Technical Support

Hello SB Community, Hunternz Here  :salute: 

I would like to inform you guys i am wanting to be more involved in the development and progress of SB in War Thunder Air and Ground to assist and support where i can. 

So you will probably see me around here more often in the up and coming weeks having discussions with you guys about implementations  , possible developments and helping with reports and basic communication.

Looking forward to this so be nice

Cheers

Matty J  

• Upvote 10
medal medal

Welcome Matty,

It's always nice to have some Mods in the forum that actually fly SB (especially TMs)

Often we feel like the forgotten, older, more-serious sister of the War Thunder family, so any help that you can give as an interface between the players and the Devs would be most welcome.

For all of the complaints about non-historical matchups, bomber ABuse, and everything else, most of the guys and girls here are exactly like you.  We really like this game and want it to succeed.  We want to help develop it from where it is now, to where it could be with a little love from Gaijin.

I'm going to quickly mention what I consider the biggest problem in EC at the moment.  As you play too, I'm sure that you are aware of it, so I'd be interested in your take.

Destroyable non-respawning airfields.

This recent change (sometime post 1.57) has resulted in most late Tier matches becoming a Base Rush Race, where the team that can get the most heavy bombers on target first, kills the gameplay.  I've seen games end after only 20K points and with more than 2 hours left on the clock.  And this problem is spreading to lower tiers (although IV seems to be the worst).  It's killing EC -the fighters barely get a chance to find the enemy before the airfields are destroyed.  Attackers don't bother with battle lines anymore because ground strikes have no effect if you can't reload.  And real SB bomber pilots don't want to hit the airbases anymore, because that just makes them part of the problem.

But for a team to win they have to engage in the same behaviour because if the just rely on intercepting the oncoming bombers, they will lose. The result of the loss of airfields is the incredibly annoying "spawn into a game without airfields" problem.   If we could fix this one problem, EC gameplay would be improved immeasurably.

There have been various suggestions on how to fix this, ranging from making the airfields respawn (like they used to), right up to complicated but interesting ideas about having multiple target types (runways, hangars, fuel dumps, ammo dumps, etc each with different effects and points) on airfields that can't be completely destroyed.

But very little feedback from either mods or devs, even acknowledging the problem, let alone setting a timetable for possible fixes.

So your opinion of the problem, and any imminent fix would be appreciated by all of the long-term SBers who really want this game to be the brilliant thing it could be.

Sorry -didn't want to turn this into a "list of things wrong with EC" thread.  It should be a welcome.

So, welcome!  Look forward to seeing you up in the wild blue   :salute:

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi and thank you for opening this thread. I only want to request you to play EC and SB GF more often (if you are playing rarely) or much more often (if you are already playing often) so that you can see and confirm the told problems as well as their urgency and level of importance.

Thank you again Hunternz :)

medal medal

Reintroducing the big maps in SB GF (and removing those silly small ones) might be a good start. I'm not holding my breath, though (no offense).

And thanks for trying to help, of course.

medal

Hi and thank you for opening this thread. I only want to request you to play EC and SB GF more often (if you are playing rarely) or much more often (if you are already playing often) so that you can see and confirm the told problems as well as their urgency and level of importance.

Thank you again Hunternz :)

:Ds  yYou again i see, well friend because you copy pasted your's i shall do the same and answer with the same answer i did in the other thread 

"Hi there friend , i do play just not on these servers  or if i do on live servers not with this account as i seem to get targeted maliciously. In saying that i do have other duties and commitments .

So a great deal will be our ability to communicate constructively together , and i will be relying on you guys the SB community for feedback on the current implementation .

I do look forward to it    , just keep in mind with 1.59 we are rather busy but over the next few weeks it will settle and i can concentrate on this a lot more."

Cheers
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Yep sorry for that confusion. I realized that the previous thread was for GF so I carried this message here and edited the one on the GF section.

My bad. Thank you for your patience, understanding and good deed :)

Cheers

medal medal

Yep sorry for that confusion. I realized that the previous thread was for GF so I carried this message here and edited the one on the GF section.

My bad. Thank you for your patience, understanding and good deed :)

Cheers

Yeah its ok friend i think we are sorted now  :Ps

medal medal

Hello, i've got a question. Due to being on WT Hiatus for work related reasons i didn't have the time to check for myself.

I read in the arcade sections that Bombers became a lot more powerful again, while the Simulator section ist suspiciously silent. Usually it's the SB section that reacts the fastest to this issue. As it's a Long-time SB Problem.

In the past all changes to Bombers effected every gamemode. So are the gunships back or are we finally going to see more difference in bomber mechanics across the gamemodes?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So your opinion of the problem, and any imminent fix would be appreciated by all of the long-term SBers who really want this game to be the brilliant thing it could be.

Sorry -didn't want to turn this into a "list of things wrong with EC" thread.  It should be a welcome.

So, welcome!  Look forward to seeing you up in the wild blue   :salute:

Thank you for the warm welcome,

And may i add "fantastic Post" .  Concerns  said in post i will address in a little while , i'm aware of some of them. I just wanted to acknowledge you post for now its not being ignored   :)s  and i look forward to talking with you all a little later in the week 

• Upvote 3
medal medal

@DerGrafVonZahl

Maybe some DM buff ?
Yesterday we've attacked PBY (with przybysz, 2x ki-43II, fast passes from above), almost all ammo packed from both and PBY didn't notice it.
Next case: me alone J2M2, multiple passes and not much damage.

AF AAA takes them out like before, but it's too late anyway (after bomb drop). Edited by chmooreck

@chmooreck, yeah a DM buff is what they suspect in the AB section as well.

as the SB Forum was silent i hoped, Gaijin learned that it's best to tweak the Bombers differently according to the gamemoe. It seems i was mistaken and we still get the short end of the stick of AB/RB buffs/nerfs.

i somewhat fear the return of the unkillable Gunships

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi Hunternz and welcome to the Sim-section

For now,I have only one question.What was the reason to bring the Zhengzhou map with a pure fantasy setup like USA/UK/USSR vs Japan???

This is so out of the line that I cant belive it. I mean,many of the Sim players in the past months ask for a somehow historical pacific lineup like UK-Japan,or US-Japan and what we have now is the complete opposite oft what the Sim comunity wants.

In my opinion,such a Fantasy setup belongs to the AB/RB section but have nothing to do with the Sim part of Warthunder.

Greets 

Edited by Semor76
medal

Sooo... How can we help you/the development of SB?

Hi there ,

Well  just off the top of my head , be constructive , realistic requests , an understanding that things dont happen overnight , communication , bug reporting is a big thing and its direct to the dev's if suggestions are approved , yes we can put a report over to dev team as a suggestion.  A common ground approach to issues.

these type of things will come over time i guess but you get the idea  

medal medal

Well you sure have your work cut out for you...with the hundreds and hundreds of posts begging for modifications in EC gameplay. The "official" EC pinned feedback thread should provide you with hours of headaches to start with.

Good luck, Edited by *requin02
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@chmooreck, yeah a DM buff is what they suspect in the AB section as well.

Can be not only bombers DM issue, needed almost all (494/500 rounds, Ki-43II again) to take bot spit (named) down...

Later on same match I've cut players I-16 wing using only few rounds, so it can be "normal" incosistency/luck. Hard to say. Edited by chmooreck

Well you sure have your work cut out for you...with the hundreds and hundreds of posts begging for modifications in EC gameplay. The "official" EC pinned feedback thread should provide you with hours of headaches to start with.

Good luck,

:secret:  well between you and me i've been over there and gone  :facepalm:  what have i got myself into :Os             :lol:  Hey guys any improvement , alteration big or small is a step 

medal medal

how about doing something about the sound of nearby aircraft. The fact that you can hear enemy plane 800m behind you louder than your own engine means that it is nearly impossible to make surprise attack, unless you dive on the enemy with your engine turned off ... but that requires you to have altitude advantage, if you are trying to catch up to someone on the same or higher altitude then he has plenty of warning to look around to spot you or take evasive action.

Edited by gozer
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hunternz, welcome to the sim forum and thanks for your time trying to solve issues with us.

First of all, I'd like to ask if we are getting EC with historic lineup back? It was amazing, full servers, instaQ for both Allies and Axis and no BR nonsense like 1943/44 Bf 109 G6 fighting against 1953 Wyverns and 1947 Seafiers FR mk.47.

Another thing I'd like to point out is lack of matchmaker prediction. http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316305-enduring-confontration-and-maps/

Quitting freshly joined game 17 times in the row is not expressive enough. I think the comunity can help in this matter as well since I am sure that we have plenty of SW engineers in our lines. The best thing though would be giving us a serverbrowser of EC servers where we could join as we wanted though. Or at least a tick boxes to select prefered maps and matchups since many of us are tired of flying german planes against russian postwar designs(same issue as the first one) such as Yak3p or La9. Historic matchups would solve this issue as well.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun. :salute:

• Upvote 3

From the two threads I made on the combined idea (second one revised with additions suggested in first) to revolutionize Sim EC so all classes could get a real chance to do what they were made to do w/o the constant threat of sky-campers (that sometimes deny THEIR ONLY TARGET on THE ENTIRE MAP), the majority of people who read it thought that it was pretty well laid out (if admittedly really complicated).

I understand that such an idea would realistically be implemented in sections, but out of everything in it the modular airbase DM and expanded frontline should take the most priority, since those directly solve the complaints about bombers ending matches too soon and ground pounders being next to useless in Sim EC.

But, more info must be said regarding various anti-tank cannons on planes. M2/3 Brownings still pen light pillboxes but no longer scratch medium tanks. The large caliber (37mm+) guns either fly through them or sparkle. MK103 was supposedly nerfed to help out GF, yet the nerf barely affected the gun there but made it almost useless in AF vs AI Tanks (complete wtf, and sometimes it also doesn't work on AI light pillboxes). The even funnier part of this is the fact that MK108 anti-bomber guns with only about 10mm of pen wreck AI tanks and light pillboxes of all types in 10-15 rounds (one very short burst). So yeah something is clearly wrong here if anti-bomber guns that should barely damage light tanks can wreck all AI GTs while purpose-built anti-tank ammo barely scratches them.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Soo, EC is still the same. I keep spawning in the same match with no airfields left. I thought the JiP was supposed to be disabled?

..ok, so I tried six times with different servers selected. Got two different matches, both with our airfields gone. Server selection doesn't matter, neither does disabling join in progress. How long is this going to go on before it gets fixed?

• Upvote 1