SB Technical Support

Terms of Use is updated. I strongly recommend everyone to read the whole document.

https://warthunder.com/en/support/termsofuse/

@Hunternz I have two questions about two list members of "You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:" part.

First,

f. Without Gaijin’s express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service

So if modifying the files that are part of the Service (which is clearly defined at the start of the document), is it a problem to modify say text files that hold info about trims or control setup files or any other files that are being modified by users already and being told that they are doing it (so it's not a secret action done by users) without any intention to break the rules but still modifying the software behaviour?

Second,

g. Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Service, Site or any Gaijin game environment (each a “Server”); or (2) the enjoyment of the Service or any Gaijin game by any other person

As it's said by some users that: Spawn camping or camping or any other these kind of "game play" that said to be explained by "tactics" or by "play style" is totally legit.

In this list member the part "the enjoyment of the Service or any Gaijin game by any other person", as far as I understand it forbids to ruin the enjoyment of the Service ( service operated through the Site (“Service”) meaning War Thunder game as far as I understand) by any other person.

Now doesn't this mean any action taken that ruins game fun is forbidden? If not can you clear the list member "g" part (2) for us?

Thank you in advance.

medal medal

7 hours ago, RedTribe said:

Second,

As it's said by some users that: Spawn camping or camping or any other these kind of "game play" that said to be explained by "tactics" or by "play style" is totally legit.

In this list member the part "the enjoyment of the Service or any Gaijin game by any other person", as far as I understand it forbids to ruin the enjoyment of the Service ( service operated through the Site (“Service”) meaning War Thunder game as far as I understand) by any other person.

Now doesn't this mean any action taken that ruins game fun is forbidden? If not can you clear the list member "g" part (2) for us?

Thank you in advance.

Bomberspam destroying airfields in no time is ruining my fun, ban them all! /s

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, RedTribe said:

Terms of Use is updated. I strongly recommend everyone to read the whole document.

https://warthunder.com/en/support/termsofuse/

@Hunternz I have two questions about two list members of "You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:" part.

First,

So if modifying the files that are part of the Service (which is clearly defined at the start of the document), is it a problem to modify say text files that hold info about trims or control setup files or any other files that are being modified by users already and being told that they are doing it (so it's not a secret action done by users) without any intention to break the rules but still modifying the software behaviour?

Second,

Now doesn't this mean any action taken that ruins game fun is forbidden? If not can you clear the "g" part (2) for us?

Thank you in advance.

1: anything that can alter the game's outcome where by (the use of altered files)   gives an advantage and or abilities to oneself over others.    changing your control setups in txt files will not come under this 

2:  Is directed to DDOS attacks and or similar disrupting the service quality therefore affecting enjoyment 

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

@Hunternz we being to talk about ships in the following topic:

I wanted to ask you that if Gaijin considers to implement SB for ships/bots? As I wrote into the above topic without first person views it will be better if they do not. Can you please ask DEVs if it will be available in SB or not and tell us my friend? Thank you in advance.

Edited by RedTribe
medal medal

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, SaitaniUmetarou said:

I hope it wont be same as it was with british tanks.

exactly the same. for one exception, that you can play with premium vehicles in gf sb events now.

medal medal medal

9 hours ago, SaitaniUmetarou said:

When can we expect Japanese tanks to be included in SB tank lineups? I hope it wont be same as it was with british tanks.

I thought I saw them available yesterday, alongside Germany. So Axis vs Allies matchup basically.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would like to draw your attention one more time to a problem with the German Bots. As you can see they are unable to even take off and spend the entirety of the game crashing. I really felt like crying for Egor, I could imagine the pain in his little robot heart.

botfail.jpg

It unfortunately has a negative impact on the game as well, as you know, German Players are less in number, and they are usually swarmed by allied bots that even attack the base and spend the entire game fighting out numbered by players and bots, while German bots dig ditches at the end of the run way.

If the bot were normalized, it would be more fun for the German players and make the game play more competitive.

I think the figures speak for themselves and require no further elaboration, please do take the time to look at this matter

=================Update Feb 11 2017=================

There has been a great improvement in the German bots, they are great fun to fight with and aggressive. They still remain unable to really fight in Mig-15s, Sabres, perhaps because they black out in steep dives, thats perhaps a good thing or they would be too deadly.

Great Job!!!

Edited by Twisted
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Are these both intended or not? I have tried posting both as bug reports but 36 hours since the first one and it hasn't been approved. Surely this is not how it is supposed to be. Tanks not rendering despite they should be clearly visible, and bright sun glare for the Me 410 in the middle of the night.

Spoiler

Edited.pngScreenshot from 2017-03-21 15-00-37.png

Edited by Korhaka
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, Korhaka said:

Are these both intended or not? I have tried posting both as bug reports but 36 hours since the first one and it hasn't been approved. Surely this is not how it is supposed to be. Tanks not rendering despite they should be clearly visible, and bright sun glare for the Me 410 in the middle of the night.

Reveal hidden contents

Edited.pngScreenshot from 2017-03-21 15-00-37.png

Link to bug report please 

medal medal

12 hours ago, Hunternz said:

Link to bug report please 

it's a bug report i made about rendering issues. particularly t-62 and it-1, these tanks have problems with rendering from air and ground as well.

after some time playing around it was clear that t-62 based tanks have rendering issues.

Edited by Althix
medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

The game is not saving/updating my stats in the profile when I play the Chronics events

I have been playing the Chronicles these past days and my profile is not being updated

And it is not the first event in which this happens

I won most of my aerial victories with the Ta-152, flying in the Advence to the Rinne event (4 months a go?)

And that cool camouflage, which requires more than 50 wins in the simulator

Can someone help me?

flying the Ta-152 may-07-2017, Battle of Rhur: Tank Battle. Score still static in the same

2017_05_07_13_16_38__9060.clog

Edited by LUZITANO

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why theres no option so we can change the zoom camera in SB battles?? I mean, not as in RB or AB, so theres no way to see the tank in 3rd person view, but the actual commander view is crap... for example on the KT, its like of you are standing on the cannon...

Or change the default point of commanders view gaijin... IS1.thumb.png.33c26746f854768459d4778614IS2.thumb.png.b271255017537395eedab471f9IS1.thumb.png.33c26746f854768459d4778614KT1.thumb.png.a13829d15cfc2071ed4ee0714cKT2.thumb.png.1d1328e949c7ceafabe804b258

medal

• 1 month later...

ey guys, lately as of last patch (the version is 1.69.4.80) idk if its just me, or the engine sound for planes has become all messed up, like if u looked in a certain direction, u wouldnt hear the engine at all, doesnt matter what plane, and it doesnt even matter if ur in sb or rb or even ab, but the reason i am posting it here, is because its waaaayy worse for when ur in the cockpit. i guess this might be a bug report, but idk of anyway of sending u guys a video or something soo... :/

Edited by JJOHNSONFAN
medal medal medal