SB Technical Support

Soo, EC is still the same. I keep spawning in the same match with no airfields left. I thought the JiP was supposed to be disabled?

..ok, so I tried six times with different servers selected. Got two different matches, both with our airfields gone. Server selection doesn't matter, neither does disabling join in progress. How long is this going to go on before it gets fixed?

will report this issue will need clog file from you can you do that for me 

Report ID: 0045005   need clogs from you please 

medal medal

How should I go about it? Upload those .txt files from /.launcher_log? Besides, it's not really hard to replicate. Got a new match, 45 mins later no AF's left, keep getting spawned to that match. Yay.

*edit: found the folder .game_logs. No multiple clog files that have the appropriate timestamps though..

Edited by Gunther_

There you go

*edit: added the previous log as well, can't remember if I booted the launcher before or after the initial testings. The last one should show the latter scenario though.

And btw, thanks for at least aknowledging us hunternz, it's somewhat of a morale booster even if nothing positive seems to happen.

Edited by Gunther_

@Gunther_ read this.

Thank you 

There you go

*edit: added the previous log as well, can't remember if I booted the launcher before or after the initial testings. The last one should show the latter scenario though.

And btw, thanks for at least aknowledging us hunternz, it's somewhat of a morale booster even if nothing positive seems to happen.

thanks and your welcom.. you didn't have to say what yo said in the update thread friend geeeeeeeeeeezzzz  :Ps

medal medal

Well, this problem has been around for a noticeable while and one would think that a problem/bug that effectively prevents your customers playing would be a priority in fixes. So I had to vent a bit..

:good:  well lets see if we can change that for the community 

medal medal

What about adding a ground forces EC mode? I think most would like that.

This is somthing that's been talked about and possibly in development. more details will come  

how about doing something about the sound of nearby aircraft. The fact that you can hear enemy plane 800m behind you louder than your own engine means that it is nearly impossible to make surprise attack, unless you dive on the enemy with your engine turned off ... but that requires you to have altitude advantage, if you are trying to catch up to someone on the same or higher altitude then he has plenty of warning to look around to spot you or take evasive action.

Has been reported to reduce sound of engines and swooshing sound in cockpit ID: 45016

Hunternz, welcome to the sim forum and thanks for your time trying to solve issues with us.

First of all, I'd like to ask if we are getting EC with historic lineup back? It was amazing, full servers, instaQ for both Allies and Axis and no BR nonsense like 1943/44 Bf 109 G6 fighting against 1953 Wyverns and 1947 Seafiers FR mk.47.

Another thing I'd like to point out is lack of matchmaker prediction. http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316305-enduring-confontration-and-maps/

Quitting freshly joined game 17 times in the row is not expressive enough. I think the comunity can help in this matter as well since I am sure that we have plenty of SW engineers in our lines. The best thing though would be giving us a serverbrowser of EC servers where we could join as we wanted though. Or at least a tick boxes to select prefered maps and matchups since many of us are tired of flying german planes against russian postwar designs(same issue as the first one) such as Yak3p or La9. Historic matchups would solve this issue as well.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun. :salute:

Development is in process , think your going to like what has been getting worked on .. more details later 

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 10 days, no details.

Recent changes with BRs (being able to up-tier some) a small step in the right direction.

Logged in myself recently since latest changes, things really didn't seem much different since the last time I played.  Waited quite some time for a rank V battle, got in to see it was basically bombers vs bots.  Couldn't get a rank IV battle, 6 vs 0 in queue and 20+ minute wait and gave up.  Got into a rank III battle, but it was on a server that I hadn't selected with nearly a 200 ping.  Because I had gotten a battle in rank III, re-queuing in rank 3 would have only shot me back into that same battle/server.  I hopped into a rank II battle and did get a decent ping, but...  There really wasn't anything new going on to hold my attention beyond a couple of sorties.  All my attempts at getting into a battle ended up in Ruhr, accept once I actually got the new Stalingrad winter map,  the runway was glitched with a large hill.

So...  Maybe next month there will be enough positive changes to make me want to move WT back to my SSD and actually play, but currently I can't justify the space vs. the other flight based games/sims I play.  WT SB is still too frustratingly arcade orientated, EC still appears to be neglected with no real news about the future, and now that we're getting close to the dog-days of summer with a general low player turnout cycle I'm fairly certain I wont be around much myself.

I really want this game to improve, grow, and thrive, and I will continue to follow the forums for glimpses of hope, but I only play SB and am currently seeing no real hope that things will change.  What could have been the ultimate end-game mode for a potentially wonderfully beautiful realistic flight simulator-game still feels very much like the proverbial red-headed step-child that Gaijin never wanted, but must provide a bed for so that it continues to receive a welfare check (but not without also stuffing arcade kiddies into that same bed to save on overhead and collect additional welfare checks for).

Sorry to be so harsh :(  But if I'm unjustified or wrong in feeling this way, or there is a light on the horizon, please correct me and tell us what we have to look forward to.  I could be more positive and list how many different ways this is a beautiful game and all its pros, but it would be far outweighed by all the cons I could come up with.  I would highly recommend posting a future timeline for the SB mode changes/improvements. I would also suggest re-instating SB squadron rankings and promoting features for SB squadrons.

And.. I would highly recommend a mantra from quality control/assurance... 

ISO 9001: "Say what you do. Do what you say. Prove that you have done it!"

Maybe you should also implement some internal quality control graphs and work on the "Continuous Improvement" aspects of quality control regarding WT's SB mode.  In the update before last you said you were going to add new maps beforehand, then when the update came out you said that you did add new maps, yet...  They weren't ready, apparently still aren't ready for prime time another update later (botched airfields), and they took a minor update days later to get in. And, whoever wrote the change log for that initial update never double checked (proved) that they were in.  How do you expect to retain players, bring old players back, and attract new players with such poor or non-existent quality control/assurance practices?

Anyhow...  I wish you the best of luck and will keep my eyes open for improvements that might bring me back into the game as a regular player.

Edited by dreger
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Take part in the reconstruction of the Battle of Kursk! The event will be in the RB and SB game mode with historical vehicle setups

it's not historical, it's kind of historical for the sake of balance, so don't even call it historical =/

medal medal

it's not historical, it's kind of historical for the sake of balance, so don't even call it historical =/

:good:

:good:

medal medal

what were you expecting to happen in 10 days may i ask ?

An update on how things are going..  What is being worked on, what we might expect in the near future and/or distant future.  A, "Hello, I'm still here and following your concerns and here's what I've found recently..."  Something? Anything?  Is it too much to ask for some sort of weekly or even bi-weekly update?

Have you made a list of critical concerns and received any feedback from the devs on it?  Are what we feel is critical to us a priority of some sort for the devs?

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:15 PM: Development is in process , think your going to like what has been getting worked on .. more details later

later...  later last month, later this month, later this summer, later this year?  I wish this would work for my games and their playerbase. Yeah, I probably sound like a kid waiting for a new toy, "Is it time yet?"  "No!  Soon...  Later..."  then years down the line in a Q&A, "Bah, we decided not to do cockpits for bombers because it's not what you really want and is too much work for us."

But to answer your question, I think we got what we expected.  A whole heap of nothing.  Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything honestly.  I had hoped for something, but alas... having hopes and dreams for the simulator side of things in this game just leads to disappointment.  No light at the end of the tunnel, and we're stupid for asking for it.  I mean really, we should know better by now and just because there's a new face on the scene that seems to care doesn't mean anything.

Next time I see "more details later" I'll know better than to inquire anytime soon..

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

Also would it be possible to have the All Chat bug fixed on the PS4? At the moment once a PS4 player selects 'All Chat' it makes it impossible to go back to 'Team Chat' unless you plug in a keyboard.

We did log this issue on the PS4 forums back in 2014 I believe but it still hasn't been fixed :(

On 9/16/2016 at 9:10 PM, *dannaryan said:

Also would it be possible to have the All Chat bug fixed on the PS4? At the moment once a PS4 player selects 'All Chat' it makes it impossible to go back to 'Team Chat' unless you plug in a keyboard.

We did log this issue on the PS4 forums back in 2014 I believe but it still hasn't been fixed :(

HAve asked the PS4 tech to comment on this ok friend 

medal medal

I'm having a similar odd problem that I'm finding difficult to tack down; often if I hit tab to check the player stats, then hit enter to open chat, it's switched itself from teamchat to allchat.  This happened frequently in one game.  If it happens again to a noticeable degree I'll bug report it, but curious if it's occurring to anyone else

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Reaps said:

I'm having a similar odd problem that I'm finding difficult to tack down; often if I hit tab to check the player stats, then hit enter to open chat, it's switched itself from teamchat to allchat.  This happened frequently in one game.  If it happens again to a noticeable degree I'll bug report it, but curious if it's occurring to anyone else

I also noticed lately the channel being often set to "All" on pressing enter by default for a (to me) unknown reason. It definitely wasn't the case before - the default had been "Team" for a long long time. I've already shared some valuable intell with the enemy team this way on repeated occasions in the last few days. ;)

medal

15 hours ago, Reaps said:

Same here.

medal medal

Yeah, it's been happening to me today too, so it's not a once-off

Welp, I'll see if I can put a BR together for it, especially if it keeps happening

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was having 50% package loss with 92ms ping (manually pinged 8.8.8.8 and it was 32ms). What the hell is going on? I had to quit the game and the GF session.

Why they are working on production server without notice? (It should be server thing since I have the best internet connection now with my bandwith and speed)

Edited by RedTribe
medal medal

I write to All in the EC1 session and no one did hear. We (as all team can read what I write on All chat but not the enemies) tested and it's obvious that enemy team cannot read what we write. There is certainly something going on with the servers. @Hunternz

Edited by RedTribe
medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

WT client had downloaded a 150MB update/patch yesterday after the latest "Server Update" announced but I cannot find any update information about this. Does any of you have this update?

medal medal