GER Leopard 1A5 for 9.0/3 (with apfsds)

RefrigerRaider

9 hours ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

The Keiler would be better balanced

how can the Leo2 protoype-prototype be better balanced than a 1A6, please explain

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

how can the Leo2 protoype-prototype be better balanced than a 1A6, please explain

Leopard 1A6 turret is stronger than the one of the Keiler. If we were to implement a 120mm gun, then armor should be kept at a minimum.

Edited by Rohrkrepiererer
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@RohrkrepierererOH tell me how bad it is to have more great tanks. Whole game is based on this concept. Just look at Bf-109 branch in AF TT its basically the same plane from 1.7 up to 5.7 with some significant modification of course but sill same plane.

1 hour ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

looks exactly like the first ones

Wait what ?! 1A5 looks exacly the same as A1A1 and that's fine for you but proposed by me A3 that have new welded turret is actually different. I don't get your logic.

But anyway, why can't we progressively add more and more vahicles instead jumping to the last variant ?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, Wilhuff_Tarkin_ said:

@RohrkrepierererOH tell me how bad it is to have more great tanks. Whole game is based on this concept. Just look at Bf-109 branch in AF TT its basically the same plane from 1.7 up to 5.7 with some significant modification of course but sill same plane.

Wait what ?! 1A5 looks exacly the same as A1A1 and that's fine for you but proposed by me A3 that have new welded turret is actually different. I don't get your logic.

But anyway, why can't we progressively add more and more vahicles instead jumping to the last variant ?

I meant that the A5 looks exactly linke the A1, thats why I was FOR the A3.

Leopard 1 1965

Leopard 1 A1 Cadillac-Gate gun stabilizer, rubber sideskirts, new tracks. Early 70'

Leopard 1 A1 A1 Blohm und Voss new armour 1975-77

Leopard 1 A1 A2  1 A1 A1 equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A2  Engine upgrade, better NBC protection, better lights.

Leopard 1 A2 A1  Leopard 1 A2 equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A3 New welded turret

Leopard 1 A3 A1 – Leopard 1 A3equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A4  New turret, new rangefinder, computer fire control system, automatic gearbox 1974

Leopard 1 A5 as suggested 1987

Balance them by ammo types avaliable.

L52 APDS, DM23 APFSDS, DM33 APFSDS, DM12 HEAT-FS

6 tanks in total if we exclude 80' variants, only soviets may have more MBT&mediums at this Rank but early models definitely less modern (T-54 47', 49', 51', A, B, T-55, T-55A, T-62, T-64, T64A).

Germany is stil most powerfull NATO nation no need for Leo 2s, Kailers, Leo 1A6

1 hour ago, Wilhuff_Tarkin_ said:

because that would make sense ;)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Wilhuff_Tarkin_ said:

Leopard 1 1965

Leopard 1 A1 Cadillac-Gate gun stabilizer, rubber sideskirts, new tracks. Early 70'

Leopard 1 A1 A1 Blohm und Voss new armour 1975-77

Leopard 1 A1 A2  1 A1 A1 equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A2  Engine upgrade, better NBC protection, better lights.

Leopard 1 A2 A1  Leopard 1 A2 equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A3 New welded turret

Leopard 1 A3 A1 – Leopard 1 A3equipped with PZB 200 gun sight. Early 80'

Leopard 1 A4  New turret, new rangefinder, computer fire control system, automatic gearbox 1974

Leopard 1 A5 as suggested 1987

Balance them by ammo types avaliable.

L52 APDS, DM23 APFSDS, DM33 APFSDS, DM12 HEAT-FS

6 tanks in total if we exclude 80' variants, only soviets may have more MBT&mediums at this Rank but early models definitely less modern (T-54 47', 49', 51', A, B, T-55, T-55A, T-62, T-64, T64A).

Germany is stil most powerfull NATO nation no need for Leo 2s, Kailers, Leo 1A6

But apart from the engine upgrade and the turret, NOTHING is modeled in the game.

Also, Germany needs a dedicated JaBo at Tier V. I am hoping for the Fiat G91 Gina, but I have a feeling it will only be implemented for the Italians...

Edited by Rohrkrepiererer
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, *swanseasean96 said:

i think everyone should take a step back and slow down all countries need to be at same level before we star jumping to the late 80s.

keep i mind we are here on the forums to discuss possible upcoming tanks. one can do  suggestions for other nations as well. they just have to be made.

23 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

because that would make sense ;)

Please be serious.

20 minutes ago, *swanseasean96 said:

i think everyone should take a step back and slow down all countries need to be at same level before we star jumping to the late 80s.

That's what I'am trying to say all the time. End the game with more-or-less 70' vehicles with more modern modifications and ammunition for balance when necessary.

13 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

But apart from the engine upgrade and the turret, NOTHING is modeled in the game.

Thats why it make no sense to have 80' variant where the only things that change from previous models are not modeled in game.

Leo 1, 1A1, A1A1, A2, A3, A4. that six very good competetive tanks to play with all armed with 105mm L7 one of the best tank guns in game. Seems fine to me.

14 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

I am hoping for the Fiat G91 Gina

It should be top german Attacker aircraft along with F84F.

Edited by Wilhuff_Tarkin_

9 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

that a major issuse imo but hey. i cant tell gaijin what to do

Edited by dotEXCEL

On 2/20/2017 at 0:26 PM, RefrigerRaider said:

I am currently suggesting counterpart vehicles. be sure to check :good:

And what counterpart vehicles are you going to suggest for Japan or Britain?

medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, RefrigerRaider said:

these are currently what i have so far. I'm planning Chieftain mk 10 and Type 74 G, maybe prototype Type 90

Leave prototypes please and Chief mk5/4 and mk10 has already been suggested and moved to further discussion:

This one even passed to development

Edited by Wilhuff_Tarkin_

7 minutes ago, *swanseasean96 said:

the mk 5 got passed to develepment because of the A1A1 iirc

two tanks that shouldn't be here tbh

medal

20 hours ago, *swanseasean96 said:

1987 is a bit of a power creep considering top tier for other countries is 1968 (UK) and 1972 (US) 

If other countries get vehicles to match then yes but until that time Germany already leads the game in service dates. 

Mk.10 Chieftain is 1985 and the the USA would get left behind as the Abrams was introduced in 1980 which leaves them trailing as composite is a no go from Gaijin.

Edit: and by this time the Chieftains got stillbrew increasing their armour to 419mm on the turret.

The year it was made has nothing to do with it the Pz.68/88 made in 1993 would still fit in this game. 

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/Switzerland/Panzer-68.php

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, fwD13 said:

The year it was made has nothing to do with it the Pz.68/88 made in 1993 would still fit in this game. 

good point. Gaijin devs stated thr cut-off date is no longer a thing, now its all about technology used.

Thats why Leopard 1 A1 A2,  Leopard 1 A2 A1,  Leopard 1 A3 A1,  Leopard 1 A5 do not fit into game as they differ from base models only by more modern sights, rangefiners, FCS etc.

Leopard 1 A3 maby A4 should be german top tank as you will not even notice difference betwen in-game Leo A1A1 and A5.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:50 AM, Nope said:

What would be the difference other than APFSDS it shouldn't have and FCS that is not implemented? Seriously, DM33 is superior to M111 Hetz, which is a T-72A killer. To have a 1A5 with APFSDS would require the implementation of the T-72A and FCS.

Then give it Dm23 only

medal medal

6 minutes ago, Wilhuff_Tarkin_ said:

good point. Gaijin devs stated thr cut-off date is no longer a thing, now its all about technology used.

Thats why Leopard 1 A1 A2,  Leopard 1 A2 A1,  Leopard 1 A3 A1,  Leopard 1 A5 do not fit into game as they differ from base models only by more modern sights, rangefiners, FCS etc.

Leopard 1 A3 maby A4 should be german top tank as you will not even notice difference betwen in-game Leo A1A1 and A5.

Well even the technology restrictions are subject to change.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

What do you mean by that?

For me the 1A1A1 didn't have to be implemented.

medal