Leopard 2 Prototype with automatic charger

pieve

15 minutes ago, pieve said:

what are you talking? You say things without circumstances. all these are prototypes that did not work out Object 120, T-114, leopard 2 PT-14, in addition R2Y2 never existed. and you fall into contradiction with your own answer

While for this suggestion but Object 120 is actually fulfilled all requirements set  so Object 120 not getting into service is more tied to doctrine and technology changes than failure of Object 120 as vehicle it's good gun TD but by 60'es time of Gun TD is Over . So why keep system that only sligthly better at cost of many drawbacks when there simpler options.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cadianguardian said:

While for this suggestion but Object 120 is actually fulfilled all requirements set  so Object 120 not getting into service is more tied to doctrine and technology changes than failure of Object 120 as vehicle it's good gun TD but by 60'es time of Gun TD is Over . So why keep system that only sligthly better at cost of many drawbacks when there simpler options.

084.png
and what does this mean for this suggestion?

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Cadianguardian said:

duvida-consulte-30-05.jpg

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

R2Y2 and battle ready.... joke of the century. Maybe the R2Y1.

The Autoloader was tested and fired. So its as good as the object. if you are only here to flame around, then please leave. if you have infos on a tank which might improve the post them but not waste our time with your worthless flaming. have a good one :salute:

And you've missed my point entirely. The point I was making is that the configuration of these vehicles on paper are something that would be used for actual war. This can partially be explained due to the fact that they haven't reached a point in their development that would require any sort of mockup and thus no weight simulators or anything. The PT-14 turret is obviously not designed to ever be mass-produced and is intentionally a dead end for an autoloading turret of a different design, kind of like the Maus V1 turret that is basically a weight simulator to check whether the tank can still manage to meet requirements, or the MBT-80 turret. This is made obvious by the complete lack of composite armor despite the Germans agreeing that their next MBT after the Leopard 1 must have such armor or it doesn't go through. While I don't like the idea of vehicles that never materialized (doesn't apply to the Object 120 since its state is typical of prototypes in the first place), I also don't like the idea of vehicles with components that were intended to be replaced the moment said vehicle entered production. It can be more annoying than implementing a paper vehicle at times and it's definitely worse than implementing an MBT with 2nd gen composite, which I already oppose.

composite armor was a mistake

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal

3 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

if it bothers you, make bug reports, make suggestions

I would if I thought anyone gave a damn, but I doubt anyone important would take notice/care. 

One thing that does hamper my ability to make a suggestion about the only 'composite' tank in game (T-64A. It's composite because it's not just spaced armor like the MBT/Kpz or add on like the Chief) is that the data is most likely in Russian/Ukrainian, and I don't know.... I know 1 person whose not in this game.... who might be able to help, but he's kinda ornery and talking with him can get uncomfortable, it's 50/50. 

I can, however, give some sources for ERA and how that works (Kontakt-1 anyway). Unfortunately I don't have the new Magach 6B (I'm not going to call it the "M60A1 RISE Passive" because that's a different tank) so I can't really test it. I'm also unsure if I could find any information on Blazer, gonna have to ask another person if it's declassified yet. 

39 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Does anyone have an answer?

Considering it's RHA, the thickness of the turret comes at around maybe 70mm should one use the card as a scale. It's quite normal given that the turret was only made for testing out the autoloader and not to be sent into battle.

Oh but is ok for implement lets also get the mild steel turrets used in the xm1 program

• Haha 1
medal

Armor of the prototype of the Leopard 2 PT-14 is the same blingadem of Leopard 2K, that is chassis PT-15 but with the tower PT-14

fZS5J_LzhyU.jpg

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

event tank maybe?

too OP for the infamous nation ingame...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, zSektor92 said:

too OP for the infamous nation ingame...

why? it still has no armour, and we are getting with one of the following patches a Production Leo. we had limited time top-tier (Rank 5) vehicles before, (Me-262, La-174)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

why? it still has no armour, and we are getting with one of the following patches a Production Leo. we had limited time top-tier (Rank 5) vehicles before, (Me-262, La-174)

we are getting a production Leo?? YAY! :D now we need a new set of allied Top tiers, maybe a T-14 Armata a M1A3 Abrams and some kind of Challenger II last release...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, zSektor92 said:

we are getting a production Leo?? YAY! :D

unknown.png

''serial production versions!!!!'' more that just 1 real Leo 2 will come to the game :DD

31 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

unknown.png

''serial production versions!!!!'' more that just 1 real Leo 2 will come to the game :DD

well, in that case, you will not see this update now, just in the next update, along with Type-90 Prototype:(

13 hours ago, pieve said:

well, in that case, you will not see this update now, just in the next update, along with Type-90 Prototype:(

unless we get stuff the like the M1A1 (or even A2) the STC-1 is way to op to add, it has a version of the 120mm L44 with a 3 second autoloading cannon with better Japanese made amunition (according to Mai)

Edited by Walrus_batter