German tanks RB once again

HexaN

10 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

I tend to agree with warrior on things and I also have a distaste for your attitude towards the game,

That's because you are a former air RB player that migrated to GF like many others since air Rb is a rotting carcass (no surprise warrior was a pilot and had played air RB extensively before GF). My attitude is the same as many others here that are forced to play something they don't enjoy (despite liking the game, for now). 

2 hours ago, warrior412 said:

He got the first shot in but I did not die to him.

The it was a bad shot.

As I mentioned above, that was merely a typo

I'll believe you. Now that it's clear we can stop arguing on this.

Gaijin has just upended 4.7 with the uptiering of the Jumbo. As it now sits at 5.0, there is a void with its absence at 4.7. Some people may not have even noticed the uptier yet.

As long as Germany doesn't have vehicles that are played more than the TD's it already has at 4.7-5.3 uptieres will be a constant thing for everyone. As it is now 4.7-5.0 really doesn't change anything for the Jumbo as it will get at max uptired to 6.0 now where it will meet the Panther G and F which are the same (almost) as the others it already meets at 5.7 (but aren't played as much as the other Panthers at 5.7 as there is no reason to do so), basically Jumbo will still be facing 5.7's most of the time just like all the other 4.7-5.3's. US 4.7's were the best lineup in game at that BR, the only problem is that the way BR/MM is structured and the lack of enemy vehicles there (especially Germans) makes them get uptiered a lot.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

Just now, LandKreuzer_89 said:

That's because you are a former air RB player that migrated to GF like many others since air Rb is a rotting carcass (no surprise warrior was a pilot and had played air RB extensively before GF). My attitude is the same as many others here that are forced to play something they don't enjoy (despite liking the game, for now).  

When I started playing, there was no GFs. Eventually I waded into RB GFs and here I am.

1 minute ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

The it was a bad shot.

No, it was definitely a pretty good shot. He killed my turret crew and wrecked my cannon. The only reason I lived to get back and him was that I had the driver, active engine and transmission and a building just close enough to limp to. I think I might have just gotten out of line of sight when he was reloaded.

2 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

As long as Germany doesn't have vehicles that are played more than the TD's it already has at 4.7-5.3 uptieres will be a constant thing for everyone. As it is now 4.7-5.0 really doesn't change anything for the Jumbo as it will get at max uptired to 6.0 now where it will meet the Panther G and F which are the same (almost) as the others it already meets at 5.7 (but aren't played as much as the other Panthers at 5.7 as there is no reason to do so), basically Jumbo will still be facing 5.7's most of the time just like all the other 4.7-5.3's. US 4.7's were the best lineup in game at that BR, the only problem is that the way BR/MM is structured and the lack of enemy vehicles there (especially Germans) makes them get uptiered a lot.  

Yes, 5.0 is an awkward BR for...pretty much every nation. That's one of the reasons the move was a bad idea.

I queued for the Jumbos as top tier tanks of the lineup four times each (the 76 was passive, as it was attached to my 6.0 lineup anyway). This is how the tiering went:

M4A3E2 (75) (now BR 5.0):

Match #1: Match BR: 5.7, Sands of Sinai

Match #2: Match BR: 6.0, Stalingrad

Match #3: Match BR: 6.0, Fulda

Match #4: Match BR: 5.7, Eastern Europe

M4A3E2 (76) (now BR 6.0):

Match #1: Match BR: 6.7, Finland

Match #2: Match BR: 6.7, Eastern Europe

Match #3: Match BR: 6.7, American Desert

Match #4: Match BR: 6.3, Ardennes

Right about now it would appear that my initial forecast has been vindicated. Perpetual uptiers so far. :facepalm:

For the Jumbo 75, that's 4/4 uptiers by +0.7 or +1.0. For the 76mm Jumbo, that number is 3/4.

I'd say you'll see the Jumbo population die off in the coming weeks. That's what it was like when they were at these BRs before, that's what I'll bet will happen now.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

For the record, I have not "migrated" to GF. I still play Air RB far more than I do GF and have no intentions of changing that. I now just spend some of my time playing GF because:

- I enjoy researching and unlocking vehicles and upgrades

- I enjoy bombing player tanks

- I enjoy shooting down lousy pilots in GF

- It actually turns out that Tanks can be enjoyable, too

I just figured that if that many resources are put towards GF and the queue times are so blindingly quick that there has to be something interesting about it. As I do with with planes, I play most nations and as I go along I make personal observations of what I like, what I don't, what's easy, what's not, etc.

I'm farthest along in USA, next closest is Germany, then Russia and Britain, France and Italy I've barely started, and Japan, well...

So far I think I'd say Germany has been the easiest grind, we'll see how it goes once I've spaded my 5.7 tanks and work my way beyond that.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Moving on to the topic, here's the continued information for @*coder-2010: my tally for the 6.0 GER lineup (Panther G headlining) has gone up to 5 wins in 7 matches. Urban maps like Berlin and Rhine have treated my teams well.

It must be due to the fact that I mostly play on weekends during the afternoon on Saturday or Sunday.  I always have trouble with the "Advance to the spawn" map but Berlin is always fun even tho we don't always win. I'm not making things up. 33 battles and only 8 wins. Maybe I need to set my alarm for 1 AM weekdays and play then lol

• Upvote 1

No, it was definitely a pretty good shot. He killed my turret crew and wrecked my cannon.

Usually a center mass shot kills everything in a Panther, he probably aimed for the turret not knowing he can penetrate your UFP like butter.

2 hours ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

I just figured that if that many resources are put towards GF and the queue times are so blindingly quick that there has to be something interesting about it.

Sorry to say but if you like WT and like tanks it's not like you have much choice.

2 hours ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

So far I think I'd say Germany has been the easiest grind,

Germany is easy up until 5.7, then it depends on what MM you get. If you team up wuth FR/SU then you ahve good chances of winning, without them you will lose around 80% of the time.

medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, *coder-2010 said:

Most definitely, I also wonder how many of those wallet warriors actually stick with WT when they find out that buying your way in does not really make the game much easier. How do they feel when I can easily take them out in my Sturmpanzer II re-spawn tank lol. 

I dont think many players do it because they think things will be easier, or make them invincible. (Well maybe the IS-6 when it came out..lol). I have bought several vehicles. All when there was a sale going on. All for different reasons. None because I thought it would make things easier. 

12 hours ago, *coder-2010 said:

It must be due to the fact that I mostly play on weekends during the afternoon on Saturday or Sunday.  I always have trouble with the "Advance to the spawn" map but Berlin is always fun even tho we don't always win. I'm not making things up. 33 battles and only 8 wins. Maybe I need to set my alarm for 1 AM weekdays and play then lol

Player results may vary. ;)

Germany may need a few more tanks placed in the tree before one can get to the Tigers. Moving one or two up, in BR, may not be the answer. I’m not always confident when GJ starts manipulating BR’s for individual vehicles. Their methods seem less then scientific. 

medal medal medal

I think Germany is just severely lacking appropriate compensation for years of power creep, plus leaving gaping problems unfixed such as the absurd BR leap from Pz III M to Tiger H1 (which is now EVEN BIGGER since the M is 3.0!!), and the matchmaker block between US/UK & GER w/o triggering mixed games. 

Top tier US & GER got nerfed into the ground in the ammo reshuffling, wasn’t their former overpowering nature together the reason for removing the NATO team combo in the first place? If that no longer exists, what’s the holdup?

Also, I’ve progressed quite far in Tank RB:

- 7.7 GER, have unlocked up to 8.3 stuff but have no interest in buying any of it.

- 7.7 US, 8.3 unlocked but not particularly interested in further progression

- 6.3 RU, researching 7.0+ stuff, have T-34/100, IS-6, Object 120, and IS-7, also not interested in progressing past 7.7 aside from the IS-7 & Object 906.

- 6.7 UK w/ up to 7.0 unlocked

- 5.3 JP, still unlocking the last 6.3 JP tank before jumping up there.

- 4.7-5.0 FR, spaded the Jumbo before BR hike, still have SA50 & AMX-13 DCA to deal with before bothering to try higher BR stuff. Not to mention I’m very concerned about mid-high tier French repair bills. The Lorraine 40t is now 7.3 yet got EVEN HIGHER repair bills of almost 19k STOCK! Char 25t is 10.5k STOCK! AMX-50 is 13k STOCK! AMX-30’72 is 13.5k STOCK! AMX M4 is 10k STOCK! 

- And lately I’ve been playing 1.0-1.7 BR Italy, have unlocked up to 3.3, and spaded the R3 T20 FA-HS before it got swapped in tier with the M42. I think people grossly overreacted on the R3 since the damage the gun does to tanks it can supposedly pen is absolute trash. Recoil is too much for the platform to handle yet long bursts are needed to even damage tanks of any kind. Has no real reverse speed. I honestly didn’t like the thing and am glad its spaded - I won’t be touching it again. Maybe its true calling is like the pre-ammo-nerf Ostwind, to use it in 6.3+ to hose down spam of Hellcats, Bulldogs, and other things while avoiding Jumbos, KV-1s, and other crap it can’t pen at all.

Edited by MH4UAstragon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Had two typical 6.7 games earlier, one was on Maginot Line with one cap (Conquest #1), the other one Domination Eastern Europe, the small classic one with three caps.

First game on maginot was 5.7-6.7 and the enemy team was dying left and right with the Tiger II 105 joining the frey, lots of Tiger I and & II rumbling over the map and failing to reach the cap - it was never contested, because enemies were shooting into A from the flanks and the germans lacked the mobilty to unlodge the hull-down defenders. On my way to A on my first spawn, my 105 was bombed as per usual.

Second game was a really close match, B was switching hand several times only because of the small size of the map, the germans were able to retake it. German team won with 367 tickets remaining, probably because several enemies left the game prematurely, expecting a win since they were about 10k ahead in tickets at one point.

Of all the 6.7 games I have played, germany usually loses when there is open ground to cover unless it is a 7.7 uptier and the leos, M48, M47 and RUs can mitigate the mobility issues. in a 5.7-6.7 or 6.0-7.0 game, they will be outflanked and held at bay in most cases.

Italian mobility helps, but they also die very quickly and Japan is often on the side of US&UK

Even the French were on the enemy team in the 6.7-7.7 game, but due to the small size of the map could not make much use of their mobilty and even AMX-30 die easily to long 88s

Having said and witnessed all this, I think Germany at 6.7 can eventually get closer to 50% win rates now with the addition of the 105 - its one-shot capabilities at range with the better balistics and range finding make killing enemies a lot easier, now people "only" have to realise that they need Panther I and II on the flanks and for pushing agressively.

medal medal medal

On 25/02/2019 at 18:02, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Germany is easy up until 5.7, then it depends on what MM you get. If you team up wuth FR/SU then you ahve good chances of winning, without them you will lose around 80% of the time.

I'm a mediocre player at best running a suboptimal 5.7 lineup for Germany (Pakwagen, 2 Tigers, one spaded, one not, stock Panther D, Fw 190D-13 that's almost never used) and yet I still have a respectable win rate in 5.7 German Ground Forces, with 50% for the Panther D and about 45.5% on the Tiger H1.

medal medal medal

On 20/02/2019 at 19:03, DaGreenBolt said:

on the brits: the 76mm, 84mm, 57mm, and 94mm,

I wouldn't count this a a buff at all. In exchange for increased vertical pen (which really wasn't needed since we had high pen anyway) sloped pen of solid shot received SIGNIFICANT nerfs. Its an rng fest with the panther when using the 84mm shooting at the sloped frontal armor(oh boy good luck with the turrets of the t54 now:facepalm:) the 76 struggles even more with an angled tiger than it already did. 

94mm doing odd bounces on armor it had no trouble penning before

Trust me this may look good on paper but we are way worse off now

Dont even get me started on apds:016:

Edited by glock991
  • Upvote 2

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:04, MH4UAstragon said:

(which is now EVEN BIGGER since the M is 3.0!!)

I have played a few matches in the Pz III´s and I think they are still bad tanks. Most medium tanks at its br (3.0, 3.7) cannot be penetrated at long distances (like 500m+) or if angled. If you manage to pen a tank it usually is not an OHK but on the other side since the crew of the Pz III is so crowded you will often get OHK in return. As soon as you meet a heavy tank head-on (note that Germany does not have any proper heavy tank until 5.7) it usually is a death sentence. The KV-1´s fuel tanks on their sides will absorb any aphe shell even if you manage to flank it. Allied heavy tanks dominate low tier, especially when there are few Pz IV´s with the long 75. 

I am sorry, but your suggestion to move the Pz III´s up is just ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Darkrocket14 said:

I have played a few matches in the Pz III´s and I think they are still bad tanks. Most medium tanks at its br (3.0, 3.7) cannot be penetrated at long distances (like 500m+) or if angled. If you manage to pen a tank it usually is not an OHK but on the other side since the crew of the Pz III is so crowded you will often get OHK in return. As soon as you meet a heavy tank head-on (note that Germany does not have any proper heavy tank until 5.7) it usually is a death sentence. The KV-1´s fuel tanks on their sides will absorb any aphe shell even if you manage to flank it. Allied heavy tanks dominate low tier, especially when there are few Pz IV´s with the long 75. 

I am sorry, but your suggestion to move the Pz III´s up is just ridiculous.

Well the issue crippling the Panzer IIIs is poor postpen on subcalibers. Buff that and they can go up. That shell can actually pen a hell of a lot, it just needs significant help.

Also its about to get even WORSE for Germany in 1.87.

Dev Server is open still I think. 

APDS across the board is getting historical pen corrections. 

- Comet sabot 221mm

- 17pdr sabot 271mm

- 20pdr sabot 360mm

- L7/M68 sabot 360-373mm

- Conqueror/Conway sabot 477mm

- 100mm sabot 302mm

- 122mm sabot 330mm

- T-10M sabot 425mm

And I’ve heard that 90mm M304 shot is getting the same so it wouldn’t surprise me if the rest of the underperforming HVAP gets similar corrections. 

As I said in the other thread on the Maus:

“At this point I’m hoping for a postpen buff as well on subcalibers, since that would be the last nails in the coffin of superheavy tanks from Germany and Russia at this rate. I’m starting to think that the only way to help such things is to fully nail their coffins shut so no counter-arguments can be made to downtiering them where they belong. With the changes seen on the 1.87 dev server, 5.3-5.7 tanks will have no issue penning a currently 7.7 Maus turret face when not angled. If that’s not enough to blow apart any arguments against downtiering it of “but X will fight it in an uptier if it was 6.7!!!!!”, nothing will.”

7 hours ago, *coder-2010 said:

Played 10 more battles as Germany 6.7, we lost them all.

So now my tracking is at 44 battles with 8 wins. That's a whopping 18% win rate.

Well, I played 20 battles with my 7.7 lineup within the last 3 or 4 days and the winrate wasn't that bad, I think we only lost 13 games. The main problem is stll the matchmaking - 18 of the games were 8.7 games with maybe 1 or 2 German 8.7 tanks, almost all the rest was 7.7 - maybe sometimes we had a Begleitpanzer or a Raketenjadgpanzer in between - On the other hand the enemy had many tanks 8.0, 8.3 and 8.7 and only some 7.7.

The only time Germany had a real equal chance of winning was when they got paired with USSR. I remember one game Germany was alone against the rest and won - but then the team was doing really great and the other team really bad.

I have a feeling that matches in between 7.7 and 8.7 can't be build up anymore.

I also tried some 10.0 games as Germany again and hell no.... still totally messed up - unplayable are matches in urban areas when Germany is alone (Italy and Japan can't help significantly anyway) and has to fight US and USSR. I was really tempted to not enter the game at all - I won't touch GER hightier (8.7 is spaded so no need for it) anymore unless I am in a masochistic mood.

Other BR's are fine for me and I can't feel any difference to the other nations I play (USSR and US) except the feeling it is easier.

medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, tranquillium said:

Well, I played 20 battles with my 7.7 lineup within the last 3 or 4 days and the winrate wasn't that bad, I think we only lost 13 games. The main problem is stll the matchmaking - 18 of the games were 8.7 games with maybe 1 or 2 German 8.7 tanks, almost all the rest was 7.7 - maybe sometimes we had a Begleitpanzer or a Raketenjadgpanzer in between - On the other hand the enemy had many tanks 8.0, 8.3 and 8.7 and only some 7.7.

The only time Germany had a real equal chance of winning was when they got paired with USSR. I remember one game Germany was alone against the rest and won - but then the team was doing really great and the other team really bad.

I have a feeling that matches in between 7.7 and 8.7 can't be build up anymore.

I also tried some 10.0 games as Germany again and hell no.... still totally messed up - unplayable are matches in urban areas when Germany is alone (Italy and Japan can't help significantly anyway) and has to fight US and USSR. I was really tempted to not enter the game at all - I won't touch GER hightier (8.7 is spaded so no need for it) anymore unless I am in a masochistic mood.

Other BR's are fine for me and I can't feel any difference to the other nations I play (USSR and US) except the feeling it is easier.

52 battles now with Germany 4.0 to 8.7. 12 wins and 40 loses. I did notice that we lose really bad when there are over 1000+ battles going on. Once it gets down to 800 and below we started winning a bit. Last two battles in the Jagdpather we stomped them.

I finished researching the Baglepanzer but not sure if it is worth buying right now. Leo A1, Baglepanzer and Gepard might make an ok line up I guess. Might get better when the  other BR 10 tanks get in the game so the 9's get pulled up a bit. Not good to play within the 1.0 BR of the top as you will always be pulled up.

On 03/03/2019 at 07:11, MH4UAstragon said:

APDS across the board is getting historical pen corrections. 

Which wasn't even needed. If increasing their pen even more without having their damage increased is completely useless. It would be much more useful if they simply reversed the changes done to their post-pen damage and leave their penetration as it is (which is more than sufficient already). Same thing goes with HVAP/APCR. These shells also need to be balanced in some way if they are getting buffs so thay we prevent players from spamming them.

Edited by LandKreuzer_89
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Which wasn't even needed. If increasing their pen even more without having their damage increased is completely useless. It would be much more useful if they simply reversed the changes done to their post-pen damage and leave their penetration as it is (which is more than sufficient already). Same thing goes with HVAP/APCR. These shells also need to be balanced in some way if they are getting buffs so thay we prevent players from spamming them.

Well playing German 6.7 is a nightmare already. The stabilized Vickers MBT are eveywhere. Looking at the massive buff coming in, the have to raise most british BRs to at least 7.3. Every Centurion could lolpen a Tiger everywhere up to 2 km.

49 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Except I bet the postpen is also getting increased as well for subcalibers. 

If all ammo types had decent or better postpen, we would see gradual tier shifting of things to separate WWII from postwar and gradual downtiering of heavy armor until it sat at a tier where its armor meant something.

Because with the scale of pen corrections, the 5.7 M36 will be able to frontally pen the 7.7 Maus and IS-4M. 

4 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Well playing German 6.7 is a nightmare already. The stabilized Vickers MBT are eveywhere. Looking at the massive buff coming in, the have to raise most british BRs to at least 7.3. Every Centurion could lolpen a Tiger everywhere up to 2 km.

- Comet 221mm pen

- Centurion Mk1 & A30 Challenger 271mm pen

- 20pdr sabot 360mm pen

- L7 sabot 360mm pen and better slope pen than 20pdr

- L1A2 sabot 477mm pen and similar slope pen to L7, since it is still first gen

11 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Not just apds is getting buffed, but they are going have to raise the brs of American tanks cause apcr buffs are incoming with pen increasing, we saw that the short 90mm apcr went from 281mm to 326mm, and maybe we are going to see the T34 having 400+mm of pen on apcr. Right from looking at these new apds buffs, the cent mk 1 is going to be a 6.3 or 6.7br vehicle. And the Vickers mbt is basically the British leopard, which is better, where its mobile and has a 5 second reload on it gun,  and gains a stabilizer with free hesh.

47 minutes ago, DaGreenBolt said:

Not just apds is getting buffed, but they are going have to raise the brs of American tanks cause apcr buffs are incoming with pen increasing, we saw that the short 90mm apcr went from 281mm to 326mm, and maybe we are going to see the T34 having 400+mm of pen on apcr. Right from looking at these new apds buffs, the cent mk 1 is going to be a 6.3 or 6.7br vehicle. And the Vickers mbt is basically the British leopard, which is better, where its mobile and has a 5 second reload on it gun,  and gains a stabilizer with free hesh.

And honestly, I can hardly believe people actually think the Maus would still club at 6.7 with gun performance like that starting at 5.7. Sure many things would need ammo unlocks to pen it at all but is it really all that hard to just avoid something you can’t kill that’s moving about as fast as continental drift and leave it for someone who can kill it?

On 05/03/2019 at 00:10, DaGreenBolt said:

On 05/03/2019 at 01:01, MH4UAstragon said:

And honestly, I can hardly believe people actually think the Maus would still club at 6.7 with gun performance like that starting at 5.7. Sure many things would need ammo unlocks to pen it at all but is it really all that hard to just avoid something you can’t kill that’s moving about as fast as continental drift and leave it for someone who can kill it?

Because when you shoot something with APCR you have a good chance of merely turning things orange and yellow or killing just one crew.

Edited by Slayer3XD
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

you know what lets fighting each other soo we will proof the myth using 5.7 to 6.7 br using plane soo we can tell who is wrong the tank or the player base 

i in the usa team (becouse i only have usa tank and heli)

usa + british + surender boo + japan + motherland

vs

germany + pasta

medal medal

On 06/03/2019 at 06:36, Slayer3XD said:

Because when you shoot something with APCR you have a good chance of merely turning things orange and yellow or killing just once crew.

And I honestly hope for that crap to change if only to remove the only counter-argument Maus haters have left to stand on. 

We’ve seen enough changes to penetration and postpen over the years to show that nerfs to ammunition DO NOT HELP THE GAME AS A WHOLE.

Edited by MH4UAstragon

• 5 weeks later...