VAB T20-13

*CaptDaisy97

VAB T20-13  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the VAB T20-13 be added to the game ?

• Yes :)
    • No :(

This suggestion is in support of the Armored cars research line project

france-flag-waving-animated-gif-12.gif.7

VAB T20-13

( 20 mm CN MIT 20 F2 )

33727970080_0f6afe3087_b.thumb.jpg.3e757

Spoiler

803208648_6853-028505t20-13.jpg.646f3211

vbvr-7658.thumb.jpg.f3a999c880b0aaacb93d

ob_2ea2f7_dsc-0101.thumb.JPG.d79a677a3ee

256507186_6803-071401.jpg.6ae4be732b525f

DESCRIPTION

This is the version of the VAB with a TC20 Turret named VAB T20-13, not to be confused with VIB or VBR even if they look like siameses.

The Véhicule de l'Avant Blindé (VAB), which entered service in 1976, is currently the most widely used armored personnel carrier in the French Army with, in 2011, 3,585 vehicles online on the initial order of 4,000 copies for the French army. It is most commonly armed with a NATO 12.7 mm machine gun for infantry vehicles, or NATO 7.62 mm caliber on the roof for other models, but it can also be equipped with a 20 mm or 25 × 137 mm gun or missile launcher (VAB HOT).

The T20-13 cupola, which equips the VAB of the photo below, is intended to equip vehicles in charge of the fight against the infantry and the light armored vehicles as well as for the self-defense against the aircraft flying at low altitude. The fight can take place in normal or NBC atmosphere. A 20-mm CN-MIT20F2 automatic gun, dual-fed, firing sub-calibrated shells and explosive shells. The 20mm model F2 (CN-MIT 20 F2) automatic gun is an automatic heavy-duty collective weapon that can fire shot by shot or bursts. Equipped with a dual-powered system, it is mounted on a carrier vehicle or on a lookout and is intended for combat against personnel, light armored vehicles and aircraft flying at low altitude.

HISTORY BACKGROUND

838056533_small.jpg.d9167c31680ea6eb1f43

Spoiler

605981171_small.jpg.5a749f8269b92d7ac655

The program was launched in 1970 by the French Ministry of Defense and entrusted to SAVIEM, which later became Renault Trucks Defense (RTD). In May 1975, after the decision to retain the 4 × 4 version of the VAB (at the expense of a 6 × 6 version proposed by Panhard), the Ministry of Defense ordered 4,000 copies, SAVIEM being prime contractor, designer , architect, supplier of the engine and powertrain and Creusot-Loire in Saint-Chamond, subcontractor, for the study and the manufacture of the body, the assembly of the prototypes. 

Created to transport fighters to the battlefield by protecting them from shrapnel, shrapnel and NBC hazards, it has been declined in many versions over time. It is easily air-transportable. Since 1998, French versions have been upgraded: automatic gearbox (slice1), automatic tire braking and inflation system (T2), overshoot (T3). This last improvement makes him lose his flotation capacity (about 2 tons more).

On April 30, 2008, the Directorate General of Armament (DGA) notified Renault Trucks Defense (RTD) a € 20 million order letter for the development and integration of 60 turrets remotely operated on Véhicule de l’Avant Blindé (VAB) of the Army. These remotely operated turrets will allow the shooter to implement a 12.7 mm machine gun while remaining protected inside the vehicle, especially with respect to the threat of improvised explosive devices, snipers, and in case of tons. The French Army Park rose from 3,603 VAB at the end of 2011 to 2,476 at the end of 2016.

Spoiler

1177657341_6853-033306t20-13.jpg.0247dac

1522051550_6893-103007.jpg.589c738489aee

As part of the Scorpion program (providing for increased modernization of equipment in the Army by 2015), the Multi-Role Armored Vehicle (VBMR) will succeed the VAB. The Military Programming Bill 2014-2019 provides for this date 2 190 VAB online. In 2016, it is estimated that there will be a thousand in 2030. In 2017, following multiple updates, the versions used by the French army went from a weight of 12 tons to 15 and 17 tons.

Fuel consumption rose to 110 liters per 100 km reducing the range to 230 km, the initial capacity of transport of ten soldiers increased to 6 with the increase of the infantry equipment. The French National Gendarmerie used it during the Lebanese civil war. It also acquired twenty (with addon armor) for its intervention in Afghanistan in 2009 under the responsibility of the Armored Mobile Gendarmerie Group. These units were then repatriated to Satory and a part was redeployed in New Caledonia in 2017.

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS

vab-page-001.thumb.jpg.4cdf6e162e5cba5cd

864629591_canonde20mm(1)-page-001.jpg.3e

Dimensions and weight
Mass 13.25 tonnes
Length 5.94 m
Width  2.49 m

Height

2.53 m

Ground clearance 40 cm
Armament

Main gun

CN MIT 20 F2

Ammunition load

Machine gun

1 x 7.62 AAN-F1

Ammuniton load ( ? )
Elevation ( ? )
Traverse range 360 degrees
Crew
Turret  1

Binnacle

Mobility
Engine MIDS Turbo Diesel 06-20-45
Engine power 220 hp
Maximum speed on road 90 km/h
Maximum speed on the water  8 km/h
Maximum inclination

60%

Protection
Overall structure STANAG 4569 Level 1

VAB T20-13 turret in the center

Spoiler

2125237303_6893-103002.jpg.0d64bd1ae6bb1

1723937842_6893-103005.jpg.577ad852c67e0

VIB turret is more to the left

Spoiler

PS_Messages_20190306_231901.jpg.82d764ff

Sources

:snowgirl:

Elise.

Edited by *Elise_DoumDoum
Page Layout / Mise en Page.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 7
medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1

2 hours ago, Jan_Gustl_WT said:

+1 The italian have a car with a 20mm, why not the french

Yes but please not in 3.3 as the Italian lunchbox, this is a Cold War vehicle.. would be good before the AMX-30 DCA in my thoughts.

Edited by Sternjager
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I will support this IF it stays far, far away from the WWII vehicles.  We do not need another 70s machine hanging around the 3.X BR range.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Italian thing has shown that Gaijin are incapable of balancing vehicles like this. So I voted no.  At 3.7 that thing encourages the absolute worst kind of gameplay and more of them on different teams would be terrible for low tiers. 

If they ever come to their senses on that, I'd change my mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Matt_82 said:

The Italian thing has shown that Gaijin are incapable of balancing vehicles like this. So I voted no.  At 3.7 that thing encourages the absolute worst kind of gameplay and more of them on different teams would be terrible for low tiers. 

If they ever come to their senses on that, I'd change my mind.

^

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Correct, R3 T20 would be a nice 6.0-6.7 for me, with its AT brothers.

And this VAB would be a nice 6.0-6.7 too, aside AMX-13 and AMX-30.

(in my thoughts)

Edited by Sternjager
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As I said on the AMX-10P suggestion, we could have only one VAB in the tech tree, at rank 5 or 6 on which you could chose either the 20mm or the HOT launcher before spawning, having one of them maybe as unlockable module. Maybe also even the Santal and Vadar modifications putting it at rank 7.

Edited by Cedjoe
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...

I want so much all the shitload variants of the VAB in game.

A full tree can be loaded only with VAB.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

Like for the Mk3 : I love it, but it's a massive chassi and even if the ammo can do great stuff your chance of survival against APFSDS or OP ATGM looks quite thin... so right now I don't know if it's a Yes or a No fo me. If they put some AI infantry role for troop-transport and IFVs then why not, a bit like in Armored Warfare, it could give you the possibility to deploy some anti-tank squad or anti-aircraft to make ambushes or hold a point, why not some engineer to dig them selves and put AT mines in a certain diameter... a bit like naval mines but with no timer this time

PS : Like for the Mk3 this thing should be between 7.0 and 8.0 at leeast, i'm part of people who like to see a game with design that are not to different in term of periode to make the battl a bit more authentic, that's why I hate to see the R3 that low apart from his OPness, it should be at br 6.3 at least, and it still have more chance to do stuff due to the mobility and the fire rate of his stabilized gun... that's why I'm a bit concern about the VAB or AMX 10 getting their 20/25mm turret without any atgms.

Edited by Abaddon75
medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Could this be like the Japanese SUB-I-II for the French techtree ?

Maybe a VAB at 5.3 would really feel out of place

anyway +1 im addicted to spaas

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, KilianL said:

Could this be like the Japanese SUB-I-II for the French techtree ?

Maybe a VAB at 5.3 would really feel out of place

anyway +1 im addicted to spaas

eh, I would prefer it at around 7.7 8.0 at least, I don't like when modern stuff get too low because it's not good enough for its era counterparts. Also it's not like France doesn't have a plethora of choices to fill the SPAA line

medal medal

On 13/12/2022 at 22:29, Abaddon75 said:

eh, I would prefer it at around 7.7 8.0 at least, I don't like when modern stuff get too low because it's not good enough for its era counterparts. Also it's not like France doesn't have a plethora of choices to fill the SPAA line

It's not good enough to go above 7.0. It's a single 20mm cannon, if people had more situational awareness SPAA killing you from the side would be a non-issue.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

In any case, the vehicle is historical, was used operationally quite a lot (and in one of the most famous battles involving the French Army in Bosnia, no less, the assault on Verbanja bridge, the last bayonet charge of the Armée de Terre). +1 of course!

• 5 months later...

With the introduction of the BTR-80A and Type 87 RCV (P), I think this would sit well at 7.0 if it were to be added with its APDS belts.

I think this was awesome that it was used in service quite a bit and should be added in the future.

VAB-VCI-T20.png

Pass it to developers! :pinki2:

Edited by Yontzee
medal medal medal medal medal medal