Armored car research line Project.

CaID

Armored car line  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in support to the addition of an US armored car line? (a 6th line)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. Are you in support to the addition of an UK armored car line? (a 5th line)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  3. 3. Are you in support to the addition of an Russian armored car line? (a 6th line)

• yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  4. 4. Are you in support to the addition of an German armored car/light tanks line? (a 6th line)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  5. 5. Are you in support to the addition of an French armored car/light tanks line? (a 6th line)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
  6. 6. Are you in support to the addition of an Italian armored car line?

• Yes
    • No
    • not sure

in addition of the many suggestion or armored car i did in the last 6 months and the other made by other real supporter of WarThunder. i would like to suggest a real project of setting up the different nation in game to make place for a Line made for armored car.

ef6946ead601dbca58c8601c79f95dc2.jpg

The Armored car offer a specifics gameplay into the game, while been in general weakly armed and armored, they are also in general really small and fast offering the capacity of the player to be more cunning while offering an easy target to even the lowest tier of the vehicles currently in game. the secret of the armored car is in speed and discretion. the armored car is generally not able to resist a direct shot even from the smallest cannon. the Armored car also offer an great agility and will be impossible to catch up in urban map. most of the armored car, even the lowest, could reach a speed of 80km/h in the road. some armored car are actually in game and are in overall appreciated by the player.

d688942dba06050f71a0b5b0cfad89bc--armore

The way to make place to armored car is simple. for the British, USA and USSR, the Armored car would fit well in a new line. a 6th research line could be created for those who already have 5 (why not?). for the German, there is almost no armored car that could be fit for the higher tier, the reason is they was using the same old armored car during the WW2 without significant upgrade. the empty place in the German armored car line could be used to fit light armored car such as the VK1602 or the Weisel AWC. I was unable to collect a decent number of Japanese armored car that could be fitting to their tree but the Japanese would also get advantage to the addition of armored car since their gun lack of penetration (especially in the tier 1) and the armored car are usually weakly armored. the addition of armored car in the other nation will offer target that the Japanese gun could take out.

GazAAA+-+BZ-38-3+001q.jpg

For the other Nation that was Confirmed to be added in the future (Italy and France) the armored car will just be another asset for their tree since both country also have a decent number of armored car in all tier and can be used in a separated line.

FrenchPanhard.jpg

If you wonder why adding the Armored car would be a good idea. just remember the armored car was historically important in fire-supper, reconnaissance and sometime used as Light tank. while not been the backbone of the Army, the Armored car played a important role in WW2. for exemple, the Ba-11 was used in The defense of Leningrad and was used as a tank along side of the T-26 and was more armored and more mobile and more fast than the tanks at the Defense of Leningrad. the Ba-11 was all destroyed there but make the German pay dearly for every lose and their contribution was really important for the success of the Defense of Leningrad.

1acrgt-2s.jpg

Pros/Cons

Great speed.

Different choice of gameplay.

Almost unbeatable in speed in the road.

Allow the cunning player to shine.

Add a lot of new vehicles.

Add a new line where other vehicles could also fit.

Add a challenge for the most experimented player

Offer the chance to have more Vehicles for the Nation to come (Italy & France)

Poorly armored.

Poorly Armed.

Vulnerable to the plane.

Off-road speed similar to other tanks.

cannot beat the enemy tanks in frontal fight

Difficult to play well

The Japanese didn't used a lot of decent armored car

715d4d9e2b2d80ee1c062a8ee74a891c--armore

Now here is a list of Armored car that would be a great addition to the game, keep in mind they aren't yet added or to be added, some may be regular and some are Premium Materiel and some never added at all. i simply put them in order with in rank with according to the possible BR the vehicles could get. A link is available to the original post of every vehicles. more vehicles can be added any time and i would like to have your support to add more armored car to list.

USA

Spoiler

just like for the rest of the tree, the American armored car offer a poor combat performance in the low rank but become deadly in the higher rank. most of the higher tier armored car also offer a Amphibious ability.

Tier 1
M1 / T4

T13

UK

Spoiler

The British Armored car offer a large variety of armored car. they was used in a wide variety of opperation and combat. the middle tier are amounst of the most well protected of the armored car and they are actually able to survive certain dirrect shot from the average vehicles they could meet in the same rating. they was also well armed but not as well as the tank counter part. they was always very small and mobile. the Higher tier of the British armored car are using the ATGM, sometime as main armament.

Tier 1

Guy Mk.I

Guy Mk.Ia

Humber AC MK.I

Humber AC MK.II

Humber AC MK.IV

Daimler AC Mk.I

Daimler AC Mk.II (added to Up-date 1.71)

Daimler AC Mk.I CS

T17E1 Stanghound Mk.I

Tier 2

Coventry Armored car Mk.I

Coventry Armored car Mk.II

T17E1 Stanghound Mk.II

T17E1 Stanghound Mk.III (57)

T17E1 Stanghound Mk.III (75)

T17E3

T17E1 Tulip 4

T17E1 Tulip 8

AEC AC Mk.I

Tier 3

AEC AC Mk.II

AEC AC Mk.III

FV601C Saladin

FV601a

Tier 4

FV721 Fox

Fox 25

Fox 76

Tier 5

Saladin 90

Ferret Mk.II/VI

Ferret Mk.V

Saladin Swinfire

Tier 6

Fox Milan

USSR

Spoiler

The Soviet armored car was almost absent in the late of WW2. the focus was more about tanks than armored car. in the Early tier, the armored car was using a similar design with similar armament. they was fast, reliable and the best armored amounts of the armored car. in the early tier, the Soviet armored car will be the best of the armored car in their tier. in the late tier, the Soviet armored car are all Amphibious and often use ATGM. they would have a relatively good capacity to attack other tanks but cannot bare a direct hit. (Estonian origin)

Tier 1

Arsenal Crossley (also use in USSR but Estonian origin)

Ba-I

Ba-IM

LB-62

Ba-9

Ba-3

Ba-6
BA-6M

Bad-2

Ba-10

Ba-10M

Tier 2

PB-4

Ba-11

Ba-11D

Tier 3

PCB-76

Tier 4

UAZ-469 SPG-9

Tier 5

9P122 MALYUTKA

9P133 MALYUTKA

Tier 6

UAZ-469 KONKUR

9P148 FARGOT

9P148 KONKURS

Object 1200

Gaz-50

2S14 Zhalo-S

Germany

Spoiler

While been weakly armored, the German armored car offer until the mid tier, a large selection of auto-cannon with an high elevation. those armament can be a treat against planes while been designed for tanks (is there a solution to reduce the efficiency of the CAS tactic of the British and USA in realistic battle? i think it would help a lot.) while been mostly using auto-cannon, the low tier still can menage to have a good efficiency against regular tanks by flanking them which it would be easier since they have a decent speed and decent off-road performance compare to the other armored car. in the higher tier, the armored car are using the SPG and ATGM armament, it make them more suitable to take out event the heaviest tanks.

Tier 1

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 6-rad

Sd.Kfz 221 Mit 2.8cm Panzerbüchse 41

panzerspahwagen schildkrote III

panzerspahwagen schildkrote II

Panzerspähwagen P.204 (f)

Panzerspähwagen P.204(f) mit 5 cm KwK 38 L/42,

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.A

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.B

Steyr ADGZ

Steyr ADKZ

Tier 2

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad Early

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad late

Sd.Kfz 232

Sd.Kfz 233

Panzerspähwagen P.204 (f) CMD

Panzerspähwagen P204(f) mit 5 cm KwK 38 L/60,

Sd.Kfz 234/2 (added to Update 1.69)

Sd.Kfz 234/3

Sd.Kfz 234/4

Tier 3

KraKa Rh.202

KraKa 631 BMK

Spahpanze Luchs

Tier 4

Kraka 106mm

Tier 5

--- free spot, any suggestion?---

Tier 6

Iltis Milan

Tpz Fuchs Milan

TH-400 Mit 105

TH-400 Mit 120

Radpanzer 90

Japan

Spoiler

The Japanese have only a few Armored car that is worthy of the game. i will not suggest to make a line with insufficient vehicles but if we find more, i will certainly include it. so for i will just content myself to mention serial armored car suggested by other out of solidarity and support with the hope to see them been include to the Japanese tree.

Tier 1

Dowa armored car

Tier 2

Type 87

Tier 6

Tyoe 16 MCV prototype

Tyoe 16 MCV production

France

Spoiler

The french army have a lot of good armored car. They used the armored car mostly as a fast reconnaissance vehicles and in large number in the expeditionary forces or their colony. the armored car became later an alternative to the tanks and was often as well armed as them while been less protected and smaller. most of the armored car have the same armament of the tanks of the same tier and in addition, a lot of them was as fast in the reverse as they are going forward, the early tier is offering less armor than the tanks but a sirprisely larger crew over the tanks, the Mid tier have a uncommon design and are decently protected for a light vehicles and also well armed, the late tier are very well armed and could face any enemy tanks. they mostly used the conventional gun rather than cannon or ATGM

Tier 1

Laffly 80 AD

Gendron-Somua AMR-39

Panhard AMD-35

Panhard AMD-35 (APX-5)
Panhard AMD-35 TD

Tier 2

Panhard 178B

Panhard AM 40P

Tier 3

Panhard EBR FL-3

Panhard EBR Prototype 1951

Panhard EBR mle 1951

Tier 4

Panhard EBR mle 1954
Tier 5

Panhard EBR Mle 1964

Panhard AML-90

Panhard AML-90-Lynx

Panhard AML-90 Lynx cockrill III

Tier 6

AMX 10RC

AMX 10RCR

AMX 10RCR Separ

Italy

Spoiler

The Italian dont have much armored car. the Italian vehicles in general was limited historically, the reason was the motorized industry was falling in ruin because of the allied bombing. after the war, the whole country was to be rebuilt and a domestic production or armord car as well as tank a plane was slowly starting (very slowly) but the Italian still offer a good choice of armored car fit of the game. in the early tier, they mostly rely on 20mm auto-cannon. in the middle tier they start to have more conventional armored car with more decent firepower but still a be behing the other. the later tier they are offering a performance and a style very similar of the USA but only a few choice. the Italian armored car use a mix of auto-cannon and larger size guns. there are not very into ATGM but they do have some good amphibious vehicles in the late tier.

Tier 1

Camionetta AS 42 Solothurn

AB 41

AB 41 with AA

AB 42

AB 41/43

Tier 2

Camionetta AS 43 47/32

Camionetta AS 42 47/32

Autoblindo AB 43

Tier 3

Breda Autocannone Blindato Tipo 102

Semocente Ruotato da 90/53 Breda 501

Tier 4

more to come

Tier 5

more to come

Tier 6

B1 Centauro 105

B1 Centauro 120

Other nation (for reference, not included in the project)

Spoiler

here is just a few interesting armored car that could eventually be added to the game as premium or in a new nation

Australian

Tier 2

Rhino

Belgium

tier 5

FN 4RM 90

Brazil

Tier 5

Cascavel III

EE-11 90

Hungarian

Tier 1

Motorcycle 20mm 36.M Solothurn

39.M Csaba

Netherlands

Tier 1

Pantserwagen M39

South-Africa

Tier 2

Marmon-Herrington Mk.IV

Marmon-Herrington Mk.II pak 36

Eland 60

Tier 3

SADF Eland 20

Tier 4

77 mm HV Saracen

Ferret M40 RCL

Tier 5

Eland Mk.7

Tier 6

Land Rover ENTAC

Sweden

Tier 1

Pbil m/31 37mm

Pbil fm/29

Tier 2

Landsverk L-180 37

Landsverk L-180 20

Landsverk L-185

Pansarbil m/39

Pansarbil m/40

Tier 4

Pvpjtgb 9031

Pvpjtgb 1111

Tier 6

Pvpjtgb 1111 Rb 55

Switzerland

Tier 2

Radpanzer Staghound 20

Tier 3

Radpanzer Staghound 47

Mowag MR8 SW2

Tier 4

MOWAG 7.5cm Radpanzer

Tier 5

MOWAG Radpanzer Pak. 55

MOWAG 4×4 90mm

This Suggestion is also in support to the addition to the Armored Car classification for . more suggestion can be made, your support is required, I am asking your help to find more armored car and your own suggestion to add. all suggestion related to the armored car can be linked in this topics.

Edited by CaID
add the link to the USA branch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 39
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I added a "Not Sure" Option for those who are neither in favor for, nor against a certain line.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

46 minutes ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

I added a "Not Sure" Option for those who are neither in favor for, nor against a certain line.

thanks. i also hate hasty decision. what could be nice is to have the ability to change our vote when we change our mind.

Now i am Asking the community to support this project. you can support this project by simply voting YES in the pool above. Or you can be more actively supporting this project by suggesting other Armored car to be added to the project. if you don't feel comfortable to do your own suggestion or have difficulty to get approved, feel free to contact me directly and i will help you the best i could. with about 2 or 300 hundred vehicles suggested, i developed an expertise in the suggestion.

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, LeroyFR said:

I through France was already in game. would like to see the Penhard 178

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/france/Panhard-178_AMD-35.php

maybe the captured one?

saddly the French is not YET added but we all hope to see soon. they have some good armored car on their own.

Panhard Schienenpanzer

Panzerspähwagen P204(f) mit 5 cm KwK 38 L/42

Panzerspähwagen 178 P204(f) CDM

They are real good Premium material

they will all 3 be suggested in the same suggestion. expect the suggestion to be approved in the next 24h.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

btw a few West German armored cars:

Radpanzer 90

Eight-wheeled 90mm gun carrier

220px-RadPz_90_Bild_110.jpg

Sonderwagen III

(AC with 76mm cannon, unfortunately I can't find a good picture of it.  You could ask someone like @dotEXCEL as I'm sure he'd know far more about it than I ever could.)

ILTIS MILAN

Unarmored jeep with AT MILAN missiles. (picture is a Belgian vehicle but I'm using it cause it's pretty AF)

DSC_2719-S.jpg

Spahpanzer Luchs

Armored car recon w/ a high-velocity 20mm cannon that can fire APDS rounds.  Amphibious.

luchs.jpg

Tpz Fuchs MILAN

Certain Tpz vehicles in units were equipped with the MILAN missile to augment firepower. (Not shown)

1200px-TPz_1_Fuchs_armored_personnel_car

Edited by Retry
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, Retry said:

Radpanzer 90

Sonderwagen III

ILTIS MILAN

Spahpanzer Luchs

Tpz Fuchs MILAN

They all sound good material for the armored car line. i will do the proper suggestion for all of them if they aren't yet done. but i notice they are also high tier material. we should try to find something tier 3-4. i don't like to leave big hole. the Vk 1602 could maybe fit there but i avoid to put tracked vehicles.

• Upvote 2

You seem to be missing the Humber 6 Pounder:

Spoiler

9a6eadfe1337503d3c35a588ffdd08d9.png.23f

Ugly I know but it would be a good UK equivalent to the Pakwagen :D. Plus it has an autoloader which will make crew sniping easier.

Edited by Time4Tea
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, CaID said:

They all sound good material for the armored car line. i will do the proper suggestion for all of them if they aren't yet done. but i notice they are also high tier material. we should try to find something tier 3-4. i don't like to leave big hole. the Vk 1602 could maybe fit there but i avoid to put tracked vehicles.

The Luchs is weak enough to be T3 material, and the Sonderwagen III's roughly comparable to the PT-76 so it can go to T4.  Radpanzer and the missile variants would take up T5 and T6.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

You seem to be missing the Humber 6 Pounder:

Hide contents

9a6eadfe1337503d3c35a588ffdd08d9.png.23f

Ugly I know but it would be a good UK equivalent to the Pakwagen. :D

Don't forget its use of the Molins 6 pounder autoloader, much like the Morris Firefly armoured car

Spoiler

Morris-firefly.jpg

50 minutes ago, Retry said:

Radpanzer 90

Eight-wheeled 90mm gun carrier

220px-RadPz_90_Bild_110.jpg

Sonderwagen III

(AC with 76mm cannon, unfortunately I can't find a good picture of it.  You could ask someone like @dotEXCEL as I'm sure he'd know far more about it than I ever could.)

ILTIS MILAN

Unarmored jeep with AT MILAN missiles. (picture is a Belgian vehicle but I'm using it cause it's pretty AF)

DSC_2719-S.jpg

Spahpanzer Luchs

Armored car recon w/ a high-velocity 20mm cannon that can fire APDS rounds.  Amphibious.

luchs.jpg

Tpz Fuchs MILAN

Certain Tpz vehicles in units were equipped with the MILAN missile to augment firepower. (Not shown)

1200px-TPz_1_Fuchs_armored_personnel_car

Wasn't the Sonderwagen III just the German designation for the ~100 Alvis Saladins they received?

Also, here's an image of a Tpz Fuchs MILAN for any who are wondering

Spoiler

v5PbZk4.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Don't forget its use of the Molins 6 pounder autoloader, much like the Morris Firefly armoured car

Reveal hidden contents

Morris-firefly.jpg

I forgot about that, edited my post. :)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Morris-firefly.jpg

Wasn't the Sonderwagen III just the German designation for the ~100 Alvis Saladins they received?

i think you are right

http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/Sonderwagen_III

ont this picture we can recognize the feature of a Saladin. also wargame is not really a good source but this is all i got for the Sonderwagen III with the 76mm

and the Armored car/SPG will be added as soon a find the proper suggestion made. i got a few suggestion i got to do right now, if no one do it until there, i will do it tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, Retry said:

The Luchs is weak enough to be T3

i would like to avoid to put it under T4. it's still a bit too modern, the gun could penetrate 55mm at 2000m apparently. do we have any info on the Rh-202 in smaller range?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CaID said:

i would like to avoid to put it under T4. it's still a bit too modern, the gun could penetrate 55mm at 2000m apparently. do we have any info on the Rh-202 in smaller range?

Ask @dotEXCEL, he's the former tanker.  He'd know.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Retry said:

Ask @dotEXCEL, he's the former tanker.  He'd know.

i am also a former tanker. and it's wasn't something we learn in the training. at least not in Canada.

i will check with him anyway.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CaID said:

i am also a former tanker. and it's wasn't something we learn in the training. at least not in Canada.

i will check with him anyway.

Ah, well he's from the Deutschland.  I recall he knows a few things about the RH.202, but I don't remember what he said myself, which is why I mentioned him.

• Upvote 2

the Fuchs was been created and added. i will take a break and do the other another day.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Retry said:

The Luchs is weak enough to be T3 material, and the Sonderwagen III's roughly comparable to the PT-76 so it can go to T4.  Radpanzer and the missile variants would take up T5 and T6.

i got an answer from @dotEXCEL he gave me sufficient source to work the Luchs and his gun. the Rh-202. sadly the gun only have a penetration of 45mm at 1000. it is way to little for tier 3. so i will not make the suggestion for the Luchs. but i would add it anyway if someone else built the suggestion.

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 2

the luchs and UAZ was been added to the Russian and German. Please support them.

the German start to look like a real tree. we need to find 2-3 more suggestion for the higher half of the tier and it should be complete enough to consider it.

i think with the Radpanzer 90 and Iltis Milan, we have a good start. but it would be nice to have more. anyone know any? a prototype maybe?

i am still seeking for additional info related to the history of th Radpanzer 90. i will do the Iltis this evening and i don't forget the British assault gun, but since the British have already a lot of proposed car, i put them lower in my priority.

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 2