F-8E (FN) "Crusader" - a 34 years story -

Cpt_Bel_V

Should the F-8E(FN) "Crouze" enter the game?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F-8E(FN) "Crouze" enter the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Do not pronounced
  2. 2. Should the F-8E(FN) got late armement? (R550 Magic-II)

• Yes, immediately
    • Not now but later while the game will progress
    • Never
    • Do not pronounced
  3. 3. Where the F-8E(FN) should be placed?

• behind the Etendard IVM (Naval line)
    • behind the F100D (US stocks)
    • Behind the SMB2 (Fighter line)

5 minutes ago, Abaddon75 said:

Are you sure? on Wiki-pee-dia they say 1991, also there is R.530 F and D ;) pretty sure they were not used on it but I'm not a little more to help the P upgrade

Here it says the R530 was retired in 1989, at least in the navy

https://aviationsmilitaires.net/v3/kb/aircraft/show/12286/vought-f-8efn

And yeah I'm pretty sure it never fired the Super 530 since they are quite different in dimensions among other things.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Cedjoe said:

Here it says the R530 was retired in 1989, at least in the navy

https://aviationsmilitaires.net/v3/kb/aircraft/show/12286/vought-f-8efn

And yeah I'm pretty sure it never fired the Super 530 since they are quite different in dimensions among other things.

Aaaaw but how is it gonna be an upgrade if it looses medium rang radar guided ding-dong, have no flares/chaff, just IFF, and GPS? I'm not gonna lie it's already very good but it's also disappointing

medal medal

9 minutes ago, Abaddon75 said:

Aaaaw but how is it gonna be an upgrade if it looses medium rang radar guided ding-dong, have no flares/chaff, just IFF, and GPS? I'm not gonna lie it's already very good but it's also disappointing

Imo it should be around 10.7/11.0 since the only real upgrades it gets are the all-aspect magic 2s and the RWR, but it was never going to be a top dog anyway since it's an upgrade of a very old design ;)

2 minutes ago, Abaddon75 said:

sure but somebody said that Crusader E (FN) had access to Magic 2 just before the P Upgrade ... Well I guess it could folded with others if needed

I'd rather have the F-8E(FN) without Magic 2s or it will be too high in BR, especially since it didn't use them a lot before the upgrade.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

I'd rather have the F-8E(FN) without Magic 2s or it will be too high in BR, especially since it didn't use them a lot before the upgrade.

Magic-2 or not,... When you sees actual Compression, it will certainly be around 10.3/10.0. (low amount of missiles) 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Magic-2 or not,... When you sees actual Compression, it will certainly be around 10.3/10.0. (low amount of missiles) 

Without magic 2s yes, but with them I'm pretty sure they'll push it to the top BR.

Plus if we give it the magic 2, the F-8P will only have the RWR as an upgrade and will have no real reason to be in game.

Edited by Cedjoe

11 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

Without magic 2s yes, but with them I'm pretty sure they'll push it to the top BR.

Plus if we give it the magic 2, the F-8P will only have the RWR as an upgrade and will have no real reason to be in game.

No the E(FN) will not as it dont have Mach2/RWR/FLARES and have a similar FM as A-7D

Have only 4 AIM-9B OR 2 magics.

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

No the E(FN) will not as it dont have Mach2/RWR/FLARES and have a similar FM as A-7D

Have only 4 AIM-9B OR 2 magics.

I’m saying it would be if it got Magic 2s. The Jaguar without any real AA capabilities apart from Magic 1s is already 10.0, if you add the radar, better performance and the R530 capability the thing will be 10.3, and if you add Magic 2s, it easily goes to 10.7. The F-8E(FN) doesn’t reach Mach 2, but on the deck it’s should be as good as most 10.3 and is much better than the Jaguar in air to air combat.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

I’m saying it would be if it got Magic 2s. The Jaguar without any real AA capabilities apart from Magic 1s is already 10.0, if you add the radar, better performance and the R530 capability the thing will be 10.3, and if you add Magic 2s, it easily goes to 10.7. The F-8E(FN) doesn’t reach Mach 2, but on the deck it’s should be as good as most 10.3 and is much better than the Jaguar in air to air combat.

Have you played A-7D? 

You should know that the A7D is actually having worse turn radius than pretty all 8.7/9.0/9.3/9.7

So about 10.0 and 10.3,... MiG-21's will simply bump him to ashes. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Have you played A-7D? 

You should know that the A7D is actually having worse turn radius than pretty all 8.7/9.0/9.3/9.7

So about 10.0 and 10.3,... MiG-21's will simply bump him to ashes. 

The A-7D is an attacker version of the F-8, they’re not the same plane.

• Upvote 1

don't forget about IFF that will certainly come to the game one day or an other, also the Harrier Gr1 have access to SRAMMs while they were only fitted on it for few tests... we could also have one of these as prem...

medal medal

23 hours ago, Abaddon75 said:

don't forget about IFF that will certainly come to the game one day or an other, also the Harrier Gr1 have access to SRAMMs while they were only fitted on it for few tests... we could also have one of these as prem...

It is already,... On radar you got 2 lines if it's an ally. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

It is already,... On radar you got 2 lines if it's an ally. 

really? I'm quite new when it comes to this technology, so I'll look closer to see that, but is it on all radar whatever the Br/Rank?

medal medal

On 31/01/2021 at 13:20, Abaddon75 said:

really? I'm quite new when it comes to this technology, so I'll look closer to see that, but is it on all radar whatever the Br/Rank?

Not on all Radar, but most.

Aircraft I know to be lacking IFF are the german radar props, the P-61 and the Sea Venom.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• 5 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the F-8E(FN) has been implemented with update 2.9 Direct Hit,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1