The BMP-2 sucks for me

GoddePro

1 minute ago, aja318 said:

It isn't a bug, selecting secondary weapon stop you from using you general trigger from firing primary (MGs also can't be fired), same happen when you select primary weapon, secondary is deactivated (but MGs work). You can also reset your selection to fire both guns at once. Custom key binds required.

That's not what they're talking about. The bug is the 30mm can't be fired while turning the turret faster than a slow crawl.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, EventAnyDamage said:

That's not what they're talking about. The bug is the 30mm can't be fired while turning the turret faster than a slow crawl.

Nothing to do with turret traverse speed, just how far your aim point is from the point barrel is pointing at, you have 10-15 degrees where you can shoot and that is enough to turn turret at full speed.

medal medal

6 minutes ago, aja318 said:

10-15 degrees where you can shoot and that is enough to turn turret at full speed

Its a 5° window.

Which means you have to turn your hand steady below 29°/s just to be able to keep firing. Turn your hand slower, turret turns slower. Turn slightly too fast, magically the gun won't fire now.

Still a stupid Gaijin bug.

Edited by EventAnyDamage

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EventAnyDamage said:

And the bugs get even worse. Selecting the 30mm with the Select Secondary Weapon key will halve your turret traverse for zero reason.

There's a lot bugs with it rn, I want to report it but I can't find any actual video of the BMP-3 firing while turning the turret. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

There's a lot bugs with it rn, I want to report it but I can't find any actual video of the BMP-3 firing while turning the turret. 

what's with the autocannon shooting down the ATGMs when you go to launch them? This shouldn't be an issue

medal medal

9 minutes ago, EventAnyDamage said:

One bug was fixed, out of a long list of outstanding bugs and issues.

No, two bugs were fixed:

1. The reload

2. the Inability to fire the 30mm coax while turning the turret

IMO, the 2nd fix is far more important and breathes new life into the BMP-3

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, EventAnyDamage said:

I've got four pending bug reports for the BMP-3, and there's more than that still broken.

use yandex translator if you don't speak Russain (and yandex browser - it has built-in translating interface) and put it on Russian forums. The wait for approval is minutes vs days on EN forums.

15 hours ago, EventAnyDamage said:

The reload is still too long. I wouldn't call it fixed.

And Gaijin actually introduced a new BMP-3 bug, which more than cancels the slight decrease in reload time.

Which one?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/05/2020 at 03:03, jackTIGR said:

use yandex translator if you don't speak Russain (and yandex browser - it has built-in translating interface) and put it on Russian forums. The wait for approval is minutes vs days on EN forums.

Which one?

the biggest issue by far is that the 30mm tracer is spawning in the 100mm barrel, destroying the ATGMs if you don't have the 30mm set as secondary (which you shouldn't be forced to do in order to use the vehicle IMO)

medal medal

12 hours ago, GoddePro said:

the biggest issue by far is that the 30mm tracer is spawning in the 100mm barrel, destroying the ATGMs if you don't have the 30mm set as secondary (which you shouldn't be forced to do in order to use the vehicle IMO)

That reminds me of one time on Poland years ago when my Ontos exploded for no dammn reason when I shot at someone. After reviewing the replay several times I figured out that one of the rifles was clipping through a sign-post and the grenade hit the signpost inside the barrel and destroyed my tank. :facepalm:

Seems like Gaijin still haven't gotten better.

Edited by jackTIGR

On 29/05/2020 at 03:03, jackTIGR said:

bugList.thumb.png.dffdf15c0fbe481a9d8f61

Big list now over the past 2+ weeks. The only one they responded to was the one they pretended to have fixed in the dev server. Spoiler alert, it wasn't fixed.

And Smin still pretends they don't ignore bug reports.

Edited by EventAnyDamage
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EventAnyDamage said:

bugList.thumb.png.dffdf15c0fbe481a9d8f61

Big list now over the past 2+ weeks. The only one they responded to was the one they pretended to have fixed in the dev server. Spoiler alert, it wasn't fixed.

And Smin still pretends they don't ignore bug reports.

Wow. Just wow. :facepalm:

Btw., since I see you bugreported engine noise, are T-34s supposed to be this much louder than other tanks?

I had a strange thing happen last night with BMP-1.... I flanked a disabled Centauro and turned my turret to shoot at him, my gun was pointing right at him and I fired (it did nothing gg) and then the next second I fired my ATGM, but it was like that atgm was still turning around and it went in 2 o'clock direction from my BMP and flew around the Centauro instead of straight into it. I was in commander's position (not binocs) so I didn't see where the atgm was pointing, but the blasted thing should've been aiming in the same direction as gun, but didn't! WTF?!

22 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

Btw., since I see you bugreported engine noise, are T-34s supposed to be this much louder than other tanks?

T-34 got new "authentic" engine fx, same as the T-72's. Seems like Gaijin didn't sound balance them properly, they're twice as loud as everything else.

Louder than turbine engines even. I've had to turn down engine sounds just to make the T-72 engine not physically painful, and the T-80's are too quiet now.

22 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

I had a strange thing happen last night with BMP-1.... I flanked a disabled Centauro and turned my turret to shoot at him, my gun was pointing right at him and I fired (it did nothing gg) and then the next second I fired my ATGM, but it was like that atgm was still turning around and it went in 2 o'clock direction from my BMP and flew around the Centauro instead of straight into it. I was in commander's position (not binocs) so I didn't see where the atgm was pointing, but the blasted thing should've been aiming in the same direction as gun, but didn't! WTF?!

That the BMP-1P upgrade? In Gaijin's infinite wisdom, they decided to make the Konkurs pintle launcher rotate independent to the turret. Think that's what happened to you. Correct me if that's not it.

You turn the turret to face the enemy but the launcher rotates there first, and the still rotating turret pushes the launcher past until its rotated too far, and has to reverse back again to line up with the target.

I'm not explaining it well, but when the turret is facing the enemy, the launcher has overcorrected and fires off at an angle.

Edited by EventAnyDamage

I agree, it's probably because of the independent launcher rotation on the BMP-1P. Even though they made it independent, gaijin didn't think it was important to also make it possible to control the ATGM as a secondary weapon. I guess the BMP-1P's historical ability to fight in a turret-down position would be too game breaking. Same for the BMP-2 and Warrior as well. These could all fight in a turret-down position.

medal medal

Yeah, that was probably it (I have the 1P upgrade, yes). Can't find the replay since I played too many battles since then, but it definitely sounds like the case (with the proviso that the launcher was turning slower than the turret).

@EventAnyDamage wasn't just talking about the recent changes (I really like the new sounds otherwise), but iirc the T-34s were pretty loud for a while now.