Finnish fighter tree in Swedish Aviation tree [Reworked]

stuka2689

Finnish Aviation  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this tree in Swedish tree?

• yes.
    • completely no.
    • not in swedish tree.
  2. 2. Which BR should fokker be at?

• I voted no
  3. 3. Which BR should VL humu be at?

• I voted no
  4. 4. which BR should VL myrsky be at?

• I voted no
  5. 5. which BR should Mörkö-morane(MG 151) be at?

• I voted no
  6. 6. which BR should Bf 109 G-8 be at?

• I voted no

Since I doubt Finland will be added as a nation I think this would make a nice addition to swedish tree as its own independent line, alot of unique vehicles and it could fill some BR gaps. There's also not that many native designs left to implement for the swedish air TT so I see nordic vehicles added to it as an inevitability anyway. 

• Like 1
medal medal

In terms of the Fokker D.XXI, the Finnish version is different to the Dutch version, similarly, I'd like to see the Danish version (with 20mm cannons) added to the Swedish tree, I don't see a reason why Denmark should be excluded here. I would love secondary Non-Swedish fighter tree (Norway and Baltic states as well?*) think the old Italians in German tree. I think a similar thing proposed here, having Dutch vehicles in the French tree (it could also go in the Swedish too) would be a good idea, with perhaps some more unique variants and prototypes as premiums. I don't see this being an issue, it might flesh out the Dutch more, sure, but I don't think we're going to get any more tech trees for nations, since most which could support them in total numbers with some originals (Yugoslavia/Poland aside from the aforementioned Dutch) don't have enough non-copy paste in the middle to work, although I can't say I would complain about their inclusion, we have enough copy paste as it is, and would having those planes, under their own roundels as premiums and in side trees really be a bad thing?

I love this idea and I hope Gaijin recognizes that adding in more unique air craft is one of the bigger draws WT has over other flight sims or possible competitors.

*While I can't recall any Norwegian planes other than things like the Gladiator off the top of my head, I know that Latvia produced at least one domestic fighter and Lithuania a bomber (Latvia's VEF I-19 was an intriguing paper plane as well worth mentioning) so there is definite potential for more than just Finland to make it into the Swedish tree.

medal

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, eleks12 said:

Does someone know if Finland had Me-262 fighters? Since i can't find any reliable sources that they had them on the internet.

No.  The only forces to field Me 262s were the Luftwaffe, the Russian Liberation Army Air Force (in coordination with the Luftwaffe, likely with Luftwaffe markings), and the Czechoslovak Air Force with their own post-war variant, the S-92; the Soviets also held onto as many operational Me 262s as they could find in reserve until sufficient numbers of domestic jet fighters became available, but they were never officially in service (there are also rumors that a few S-92s ended up in Israel and saw use in 1948, but I can't confirm this for sure).  Finland wouldn't receive a jet fighter until they imported Vampire FB.52s from the UK in 1954.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Z3r0_ said:

No.  The only forces to field Me 262s were the Luftwaffe, the Russian Liberation Army Air Force (in coordination with the Luftwaffe, likely with Luftwaffe markings), and the Czechoslovak Air Force with their own post-war variant, the S-92; the Soviets also held onto as many operational Me 262s as they could find in reserve until sufficient numbers of domestic jet fighters became available, but they were never officially in service (there are also rumors that a few S-92s ended up in Israel and saw use in 1948, but I can't confirm this for sure).  Finland wouldn't receive a jet fighter until they imported Vampire FB.52s from the UK in 1954.

Ok that's great to hear. Since i found this wired source with what looked like to be a what if ww2 me 262.

http://www.airwar1946.nl/whif/L46-me262_SF.htm

Edited by eleks12
Big edit
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 to this idea.  The Swedish tree is already becoming more the Scandinavian tree, so I think that all Finnish aircraft should be merged into it.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 8 months later...
On 25/04/2020 at 20:54, Capt_JamesTKirk said:

I doubt they gonna do that. Its just less money for them.

However it is still possible.

But than Swedish tree would not be the swedish tree anymore, just a nordic tree.

I would not mind if they changed the Swedish tree into a Nordic tree.

So they can add more of the vehicles from the other Nordic nations.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Wolf_89 said:

I would not mind if they changed the Swedish tree into a Nordic tree.

So they can add more of the vehicles from the other Nordic nations.

Hopefully they will add more nordic vehicles, itd be nice to have a major tree sized tree based of Nordic nations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

+1, the Finnish have more than enough tech for an idea like this that could support the Swedish tree rather than bolster the premium pseudo-tree that we now have going on with already 4 Finnish aircraft.

• 1 month later...

+1 Totally agree to a Finnish sub-tree in the Swedish air tree. The problem which Sweden and its air tree will have to face in long term is the lack of domestic/bought aircrafts it can be added to the tree.(Ground vehicles are entirely different as they did possess various of vehicles yet to be added in). By adding in Finland or perhaps other nordic nations (Denmark and Norway) to the game as Sub-tree’s. It will increase the amount of planes it can be added to the tree and relevancy in the War Thunder community.

Edited by Lurking_Eyes
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
On 04/06/2021 at 18:52, yoyolast said:

+1, the Finnish have more than enough tech for an idea like this that could support the Swedish tree rather than bolster the premium pseudo-tree that we now have going on with already 4 Finnish aircraft.

Make that 5 now... I mean I am grateful that we have this many vehicles for Finland in the game but the way they are adding them is becoming absurd at this point, there is no reason for the Finnish to get worse treatment than the South Africans when it comes to the availability of content.

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

I did some research and I personally believe that Finland could easily get two lines, if we turn Sweden into a Scandanavian tree. Take a look!

HRfIW9y.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
1 hour ago, Solarmod said:

I did some research and I personally believe that Finland could easily get two lines, if we turn Sweden into a Scandanavian tree. Take a look!

HRfIW9y.png

https://wiki.warthunder.com/User:U6883713/Finnish_aviation_tech_tree

16 hours ago, Solarmod said:

HRfIW9y.png

15 hours ago, blockhaj said:

Oh...

1983334925_shot2021_01_2321_00_03.jpg.b4

Edited by police2689
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal

• stuka2689 changed the title to Finnish fighter tree in Swedish Aviation tree [Rank 7 added]
  • 2 months later...
On 05/10/2021 at 12:09, Solarmod said:

HRfIW9y.png

Fictional Moraine?  If you're talking about weaponry, it wasn't fictional.  The Finns didn't have enough MG 151s to go around, so some of the Moraines got Berezins salvaged from Soviet planes instead.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
On 03/05/2022 at 04:01, Z3r0_ said:

Fictional Moraine?  If you're talking about weaponry, it wasn't fictional.  The Finns didn't have enough MG 151s to go around, so some of the Moraines got Berezins salvaged from Soviet planes instead.

Myth. The Berezine was used on the regular moraine. The Mörkö always had the mg151, however only a limited number (iirc 3) was finished during the continuation war.
Here is a list of most finnish ww2 planes (not complete) but it lists all the moranes and their armament. Regular Moranes were designed MS and Mörko Moranes were designated MSv: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qWQhK6AtrYLqT5RbAcn2f7rjxBYVpGHra7BmRF1in4o/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2020 at 09:11, Capt_JamesTKirk said:

Hw-1.jpg.d2538dbfab2504b51d0fd7cd8a647e0  

+ Hawk Mk 66 ofc, in the picture. Finnish Hawk Mk 66 with R-60M missile. Could also carry AIM-9J and M AA missiles, Matra Type 155 SNEB rocket pods, some British GP bombs of multiple types, Finnish VKT 12.7mm gunpods and British 30mm ADEN gun pods.

that sounds like a good weapons list for the aircraft would make it completitive 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• stuka2689 changed the title to Finnish fighter tree in Swedish Aviation tree [Reworked]
  • 3 months later...
On 06/10/2021 at 00:09, Solarmod said:

HRfIW9y.png

De Havilland Vampire FB.52 in teaser 100 % I see,  Personal I think finnish aircraft as good as Isreal & Great Britain tech tree

Edited by oom1992
medal

On 13/10/2022 at 12:55, oom1992 said:

De Havilland Vampire FB.52 in teaser 100 % I see,  Personal I think finnish aircraft as good as Isreal & Great Britain tech tree

I also saw a Ju 88A-4 in the teaser.