Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus

PzKpfW VIII Maus  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Maus be implemented?

• Yes it should be!
    • No way!
    • Yes but with a special tank to counter the Maus!

Well the T-55 would have a good crack at it. Not to mention the M103, Centurion, A39 Tortoise, Sherman Jumbo (Korean War), M46 Patton. Also, the fact that if there is a maus about it isn't going to be 1v1 and there is probably going to be a few tanks having a pop at it, then there is including the artillery support (multiple), aircraft bombing the heck out of it so all in all you don't just need some super tank to get the maus as there will be few if not zero cases where a maus is going to be left alone as people will have the thought of  "hey, I don't that absolute beast being left around causing havoc" and it will probably take centre of attention. As for no tank being able to penetrate it until the 70's, I'm sorry to say but you're probably being BS'd there, their armour is not going to be made of diamond plated armour. I'll say that it would be safe to let it loose because if the tanks can't get it I'm pretty sure a 250lb bomb from a P-47 or something else is going to do some damage.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Slightly going off topic here aren't we?

I confess.... Guilty as charged.

I agree with BlitzkriegWulf. If Maus was in the game it would not have any counterpart tank from WW2. It is nonsense to put him in battles with tanks from 70's. As I read somewhere armor of the MAUS was not penetrated until 70's.

Tanks from the mid 50's would give it a run for its money. Tanks from the 60's would stomp on it. (Royal Ordnance L7, the american M68(licensed copy), and guided missile systems as such on the MBT-70.)

Well the T-55 would have a good crack at it. Not to mention the M103, Centurion, A39 Tortoise, Sherman Jumbo (Korean War), M46 Patton.

I'm pretty sure a 250lb bomb from a P-47 or something else is going to do some damage.

The M103 has one of the most powerful guns designed for direct fire and purposely mounted on a tank. It is stronger than the 152mm of the ISU-152, it is stronger than the KwK-44 (128mm of the Jagdtiger).... With M469 HEAT, it would penetrate the Maus at any range, assuming it was not angled to an extreme. The only place that would be invulnerable to just about everything would be the turret front, which IIRC is spaced and eighteen (18) inches thick. For those of you who do not use freedom units, that is about 460mm thick.

Also, in tanks versus tanks, there wont be any P-47's to begin with. The way it would be tiered is up with the big boys at a max BR. That means A) Sabres and B) Napalm. All you would have to do is napalm the front of the tank or under it; it would burn the crew alive, force them to abandon it, or roast them like one would roast a chicken in their oven.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well even if a P-47 is unavailable (or similar aircraft), the tanks described above (which most of them were designs from WWII) the Maus wouldn't be the all out grim reaper of the battle field and it would meet its match at something from the M26 Pershing to as said, the M103. And, if you have the maus going out on AB there's not going to be that big of a problem as it will be possibly maus on maus action (No, not in that sense dirty minded people of the forum!).

medal medal medal

exactly, it's not going to be the phantom of death doom machine that the minority is complaining about. I say the minority as the poll is pointing out that the maus is in fact popular.

medal medal medal

Great static target for bombers.

You make me feel like a dead burning hulk of steel right now thinking about it not a pretty sight by the way but I can see as a nice static target for bombers if were getting repairs infield repairs that is

medal medal medal medal

I voted for no. That tank required a lot of fuel, very slow and heavy. Yes it has great armor and maybe big gun but It couldn't cross the bridge. The tank is disaster. However, if you choose to implement this tank please make repair times at least 5 and more minutes and cost for maintanaince highest. So it wouldn't flood the battles.

NO that would be world of tanks right their the tanks cost more in world of tanks like over 1,000,000 silver too high so I say no on the huge prices for it you would make people very very mad

medal medal medal medal

Well huge prices, would come with a huge tank I'm afraid. But, I have to agree with you 5X repair cost for the Maus only? Hardly seems fair and players would be going bankrupt at the end of every battle.

medal medal medal

Maus should be added ONLY if top tier german tanks like KT 105, Panther II, and Jagdtiger struggling with T-54 and IS-4M (and will even struggle more when they add T-10.), so we will see. 

medal medal medal medal

well I don't know if the Maus should be added to combat other tanks as I think other tanks will need to combat it! But, all in all it could be used as a deterrent to top tier enemy tanks.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Idea just because of that underwhelming german Feeling i learned to love.

Yeah i unlocked a 109 G10 hmpf G2 is better.

I unlocked a Maus now i gonna go simulator they never gonna...

Crew knocked out

and you just see the Yer fading out at the Screen :D

+1/maybe dunno

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why not. In the end, no one is forced to play it. If you want to drive around a bunker with a huge gun, then so be it. I suspect that even if added, most people will still prefer more manoeuvrable/faster tanks, so it won't be 'game-breaking' or anything.

Same principle could be said for the T95 but somehow the general publicity is against it , and the Maus is somehow different ?

medal medal

You can't really destroy it by tank, but large HE rounds should disable the gun and a penetrating hit in the lower glacis should immobilze it. Track repair is impossible in the field.

it uses electric motors to drive the tracks of the tank. so a penetrating hit to the lower glacis will not immobilise it. 

medal medal

it uses electric motors to drive the tracks of the tank. so a penetrating hit to the lower glacis will not immobilise it. 

And what powers the motors ? Oh the good old diesel engine  :crazy:  ( btw gettiing a shot in the lower glacis would probably kill the electric motors anyways )

medal medal

And what powers the motors ? Oh the good old diesel engine  :crazy:  ( btw gettiing a shot in the lower glacis would probably kill the electric motors anyways )

the electric motors are at the back of the tank.

medal medal

the electric motors are at the back of the tank.

Sure. 

But a penetrating shot on the front of the tank would likely kill one if not both of the drivers (Or wreck the driving equipment..), and then if the shot still had enough energy, would go straight into the diesel engines...

Of course, there are probably better places to shoot a Maus than trying to pen the upper/lower plate... IIRC, the back half of the turret was basically just a big ammorack. If you spalled it enough or got a penetrating hit, you could start a cookoff or just detonate the entire thing. The only issue with that is that you'd pretty much have to be at point-blank to have enough penetration.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

If people are worried that adding Maus would turn this game into WoT they should realize that we are talking about an entirely different tank now. This game has entirely different damage models, mechanics, maps and gameplay. The Maus would be different aswell. I see it as a large, bulky tank that is decent on flat terrain but has troubles (and possibly engine overheating issues if more features are added later) at hills.

It would be like driving a car inside apartment but I guess all of you have seen some videos where men ride their cars and motorcycles at living room. It makes no difference what you think about those men. For them, the only thing that matters is that fleeting moment of fun. But this time you could do it with firing both cannons at your target at the same time.

But let's get back to Maus now. It would be superior if the fights were fought like they were before the first world war - standing in line and shooting enemies until they fall, but this is not the case in War Thunder.  It is a long and slow tank. It can't peekaboo around corners for long until it's tracks are shot. If it's flanked it's as good as dead because the enemy tank most likely fits under it's turret. I also believe that it's cannon barrel would suffer a lot if it was hit by 122mm round. Did I already mention the humongous barrel screaming "shoot me!" at the rear? These are the moments of joy it would bring to other players. The feeling of defeating something significant. If you still believe it would be overpowered here's a legit way to stop Maus.

If people say it would break the game mechanics it's just because that's what Maus is best at.

It makes people say such things!

It makes them tremble in fear!

That's what icons are used for at war.

Edited by Muumiperuna
medal

Recent Q&A session just shot the chances of Maus being added in future. 

So no Maus.

medal medal medal medal

The problem with the Maus is the balance in the game. If the Maus is introduced, we will have a similar situation with the MiG 15 and Saber, where some nations cannot compete.

Only very powerful tanks could be capable of penetrating it from the front.

Its not just about the tank itself, but about how players will use it. In right hands, nobody could compete in some situation.

Now personally, I dont think that is a "no never" response. Given that so much of GF has so obviously to be reworked and the coming T10M and suchlike, its likely this could be reviewed in the future.

No, the problem is that Maus NEVER EXISTED (like Panther F, Panther II and Tiger II with 105mm, who MUST be removed).

If you want to play a game of fantasy tanks, go play WoT.

Edited by Konstantinos_XI

No, the problem is that Maus NEVER EXISTED (like Panther F, Panther II and Tiger II with 105mm, who MUST be removed).

Ehm, just found this while searching for Nebelwerfer built on german tank chassis:

giant1.jpghttp://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/section7/sujet380143.htm

Not sure whatya talking about :D

The problem with the Maus is the balance in the game. If the Maus is introduced, we will have a similar situation with the MiG 15 and Saber, where some nations cannot compete.

Only very powerful tanks could be capable of penetrating it from the front.

Its not just about the tank itself, but about how players will use it. In right hands, nobody could compete in some situation.

Now personally, I dont think that is a "no never" response. Given that so much of GF has so obviously to be reworked and the coming T10M and suchlike, its likely this could be reviewed in the future.

I am indeed not a fan of the Maus. It is a driving Pillbox, useless Strategically, and even tactically doubtful.

Whoever, what you are describing is called "powercreep."

We already have that: IS-3, IS-4M. Tanks from Korea War Time, fighting German Tanks with WW2 design.

You nightmare is already taking place: With the Russians.

And please do not tell me to wait for the US or GB tanks. Thats just down right cynical and sadistic towards German tank drivers.

EDIT: Grammar and 'false friends'

Edited by SupermarioPS
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Are you trolling? Or do you just havent read this suggestion topic?

What you say is WRONG (if i am allowed to use CAPSLOCK like you xD) because the Maus existed, it may be not went into mass production or saw combat but it existed, there where 2 Prototypes build! Even one of your other examples is WRONG , there was also 1 Prototype of the Panther II .

And I dont want this suggestion to be flame topic this is not about WoT , this is about War Thunder! And since i played WT i will never go back to WoT!

With your logic you would denie yourself to play this game because we have enough prototype Planes in it, so.... I dont have a problem with it, you know you have to seperate a prototype and a blueprint!

If you do not believe me just take a look at some Planes or tanks in Wikipedia.

Regards

Master-M-Master salute.png

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

an entire team of maus

this is why I say no. looks dumb to see aircraft and tanks this rare and weird being used more than T-34s and Shermans. not to mention Germany doesn't need it fans just want it, which for a tank like this is only going to add power creep.

Edited by Rumpullpus
medal medal

an entire team of maus

this is why I say no. looks dumb to see aircraft and tanks this rare and weird being used more than T-34s and Shermans. not to mention Germany doesn't need it fans just want it, which for a tank like this is only going to add power creep.

Power Creep like the IS-4M & IS-3? (and if you say TigerB & Panther2 can do it, I gonna die laughing)

Seriously, the Maus is quite a mediocre tank. Good gun and armour Period/FullStop

I do however agree that it would look utterly stupid. Like an enemy team full of Su122P or PanzerbefehlswagenJagspanther or TigerP(1.43) or *shall I continue?*

It is dumb, but Gaijin really does not care in that regard. They once eeven showed a plane MM system for Events to stop plane spam.

Never implemented.

medal medal medal medal medal