Removal of unrealistic Jet flames

2 hours ago, Koty1996 said:

But at least you can see that even an early afterburner does not have so pronounced flames as they are in WT currently.

Remove

+1

Agreed,

Here is a pic of an F-86 with it's distinct smoke trail behined it due to the design of its engine, pilots use to say "If it smokes, it's one of ours". Although make sure to keep in mind that the German Canadair CL-13 sabre in game uses the Orenda engine which produced noticably less smoke, mainly when turning the throttle up high.

Spoiler

642159as.jpg

The MiG-15 and by extension MiG-17 were designed with a more efficient engine and didn't produce much of any smoke when in flight. Although the current heat ray effect would look nice, without the engine fire of course

Spoiler

Mig-15-3.jpg

The British Meteors didn't seem to show any kind of smoke trails, although the Hawker Hunter did have light smoke trails, hard to make out but they were there.

Spoiler

Don't trust the Me-262 videos many of them have modified engines or are complete replica's with entirely different engines. Although the Me-163 spits a ton of smoke.

Spoiler

Edited by *AceArchangel
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

You need a poll to understand why this is needed?

Just look at how many upvotes the first post has compared to as old treads, even treads that has been passed to the devs usualy dont have as many upvotes.

Edited by *Sibir-Hansen
medal

On 5/27/2017 at 7:03 PM, *Sibir-Hansen said:

You need a poll to understand why this is needed?

Just look at how many upvotes the first post has compared to as old treads, even treads that has been passed to the devs usualy dont have as many upvotes.

Yes, I don't understand why removing jet flames needed, because it lacks a poll.... 

:facepalm::facepalm:

It's not like polls allow easy viewing of the stance of the player base or anything. The developers have lots of time to read through all of the comments.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 2017-05-27 at 4:47 PM, BlitzkriegWulf said:

... Why is there no poll?

Personally I am not even sure if the original creator of this topic is still around anymore to make a poll. Is it possible for a forum moderator to add one?

1 hour ago, *Sibir-Hansen said:

Point was, look at the upvotes on the first post, more then 50, way more then many other things that has been passed, just that shows there is a big interest for this.

Point was, spending thirty seconds on a poll can't exactly hurt the possibility of it getting put to the developers, but y'know, screw me for thinking it might be beneficial if the thread had one, right?

6 minutes ago, *AceArchangel said:

Personally I am not even sure if the original creator of this topic is still around anymore to make a poll. Is it possible for a forum moderator to add one?

Forum moderators can force polls on topics...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, *AceArchangel said:

OP seems to have abandoned this forum like half a year ago. So maybe someone could ping Smin1080 about the poll? Although i'm not sure it's gonna help since the topic is here since 2015 and still hasn't been passed to devs... :/

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Well, lets hope it will be, with the number of upvotes this tread have, there is clearly a demand for it, and with the devs adding exhaust flames to the props, the next logical step would be removing them from the jets.

Edited by *Sibir-Hansen
medal

On June 6, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Platnumsniper said:

yes im sick of everything have a jet flame...bugs me so much. The only thing that should really have a flame is the Me 262C rocket engines and the Me 163+Ki 200. And maybe also the MiG 9/L with WEP/after burner on.

+1

WEP is not the same as afterburner. WEP is basically adding Water methenol to the engine to provide additional thrust. (Think of it as Nitrous Oxide for planes). Whereas afterburner is adding fuel to the tailpipe of a jet and igniting it (the equivalent of lighting up a rocket booster). Gaijin's Cut off dates are right before Afterburners were designed into combat aircraft

I know I'm quoting an older post here but, this above statement is false. Afterburner came out several years prior to 1953 and several aircraft that had afterburner already entered service.

medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Pappina said:

I know I'm quoting an older post here but, this above statement is false. Afterburner came out several years prior to 1953 and several aircraft that had afterburner already entered service.

But your reply to that comment is not the point of this topic. Whether or not afterburners were placed in combat aircraft prior to 1953 is academic and does not serve to add or detract from the fact that all current aircraft in game and those to be added do not and did not have afterburning engines and thus did not have an exposed flame out of the exhaust.

Edited by *AceArchangel

9 hours ago, *AceArchangel said:

But your reply to that comment is not the point of this topic. Whether or not afterburners were placed in combat aircraft prior to 1953 is academic and does not serve to add or detract from the fact that all current aircraft in game and those to be added do not and did not have afterburning engines and thus did not have an exposed flame out of the exhaust.

This, also would like to say can you please add a poll saying something along the lines of Remove flames, Keep flames, thanks hopefully they get removed & the sabre gets its smoke trail.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up again, come on Gaijin we need this, you allready added realistic flames to the piston planes, now its time too make the jets looking as realistic, have it as an on/off option in the gameplay menu or whatever you like, just plz make it be. :)

Edited by *Sibir-Hansen
  • Upvote 1
medal

19 minutes ago, *Sibir-Hansen said:

And thats totaly fine, but for some of us its a big deal that ruins the realism part Gaijin so proudly addvertise the game for.

this may be but as i mentioned before it is fine to rework it so it is more realistic but it should only be done if the devs have some time on hand between developing content everyone can enjoy i understand it may be a big deal for some but to my mind adding content everyone will enjoy is more important then reworking something that not everyone it bothered by

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, *Sibir-Hansen said:

They add stuff all the time not all of the players care for, so by that argument, nothing should be changed or added ever cause not everyone is into it.

you understand what i am trying to say this is a minor thing in my opinion and should be done if there is any spare time in my opinion since i prefere to use new tanks or planes

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal