Spahpanzer RU-251, German T5 light tank proposal

Der_Kompressor

Spahpanzer RU-251 introduction  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Spahpanzer RU-251 introduced as the T5 German light tank?

• Yes
    • No

Germany is still lacking in top tier vehicles to compete with the USSR and the US.  Germany only has 2 Postwar designs at present.

The Spahpanzer RU-251 would be a good final addition to the German light tank line:

3nz1yyrn.jpg

Basic info:

Basically it's a JPz 4-5 with a turret mounting the same 90mm gun as the original tank destroyer.  So literally just a Jpz 4-5 with a turret, nothing more.

Would be a BR 7.7 light tank of course.

• Upvote 54
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Live.WT Moderator

I'm all for it. Turreted Jpz 4-5 would be great, considering how much I already love the 4-5 in itself. ;)

I can only find that one image and WOT data on this? I'm all for new German tank designs but did this actually exist? Personally I'm fed up of paper tanks for Germany.  :dntknw:  :dntknw:  :dntknw:

vehicle is still classified. that's why small amount data. but really its from leopard 1 era so why they keep it classified?

medal medal

I can only find that one image and WOT data on this? I'm all for new German tank designs but did this actually exist? Personally I'm fed up of paper tanks for Germany. :dntknw: :dntknw: :dntknw:

It existed, and as a prototype form. It's still very secret komrade :secret:
medal

German MoD I reckon. Or if a museum has it, them.

If a museum had it it would be on the interwebs, Where are they? How many were built? what were the armour values? was the gun identical? was it the same calibre? how fast was it? what was the traverse speed?

medal medal medal medal medal

If a museum had it it would be on the interwebs, Where are they? How many were built? what were the armour values? was the gun identical? was it the same calibre? how fast was it? what was the traverse speed?

The gun is the same as the Kanonejagdpanzer.
Only a few were built, so it could be in game. The gun was a 90mm. It's armour is slightly thicker then the PT-76, at I think 30~ at the most. Don't quote me in that (so basically if a HEAT-FS or HE round is fired at this, you're dead).
You're going to have to ask the German MoD, or the designers (Krupp, or Rhienmetall. Might be someone else) for that information.
medal

The gun is the same as the Kanonejagdpanzer.
Only a few were built, so it could be in game. The gun was a 90mm. It's armour is slightly thicker then the PT-76, at I think 30~ at the most. Don't quote me in that (so basically if a HEAT-FS or HE round is fired at this, you're dead).
You're going to have to ask the German MoD, or the designers (Krupp, or Rhienmetall. Might be someone else) for that information.

Please stop guessing i want facts, it doesnt get my vote till someone gives me a real reference.

i have only found any none WOT data on two other AFVs haha

maybe suggest these instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sch%C3%BCtzenpanzer_Lang_HS.30

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4hpanzer_SP_I.C.

i mean the WOT forums are calling it Spähpanzer Kette i know kette means chain what does this mean?

Edited by *swanseasean96
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Please stop guessing i want facts, it doesnt get my vote till someone gives me a real reference.

i have only found any none WOT data on two other AFVs haha

maybe suggest these instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sch%C3%BCtzenpanzer_Lang_HS.30

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4hpanzer_SP_I.C.

i mean the WOT forums are calling it Spähpanzer Kette i know kette means chain what does this mean?

It's a Kanonejagdpanzer with a turret. What information do you need?
medal