dotEXCEL

Marder 1  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna see it ingame?

• YES
    • No, why

This Suggestion is for those who want more light tanks in the game:

Bild059g.jpg

The Marder plattform itself is very interesting because it opens the opportunity to implement tanks like the VTS-1 or the Begleitpanzer 57. But this suggestion is only about the Marder itself.

Dimensions and Weight

Spoiler

Lenght:6790mm

Width:3240mm

Height:1864mm (Hull),2860mm(Hull with Turret),2957mm(IR Light)

Combat Weight:28200 Kg

Clearance: 440mm

Track:2620mm

Track Width:450mm

Turret Weight: 2180 Kg (without Ammunition)

Mobility

Spoiler

Track: 91 Parts with 145.5mm lenght

Track contact area: 450mm x 3900mm

Ground Pressure:0.80N/cm²

Trench passing:up to 2500mm

Maximum inclination: 60°

Step Climbing:up to 1000mm

Speed:75 Kph (forward and reverse)

Fuel Consumption: ~115l/100km Road,~230l/100km Offroad

Range:~520km Road,200-280km Road+Offroad

Engine

Spoiler

Mercedes-Benz/MTU 833-Ea 500 4-Stroke Turbodiesel

Cylinders:6,90° V

Cylinder Diameter: 165mm

Stroke: 175mm

Displacement: 22400cm³

Compression Ratio: 1:19.5

Power: 600hp/2200 RPM,2020Nm/1500 RPM

Injection:Direct Fuel Injection

Idle RPM: 850+-20 RPM

Max RPM: 2350 RPM

Forced Induction: Turbocharger

Weight: 1250kg

kW/l: 19.7

Power/Weight: 0.35

Transmission

Spoiler

Renk HSLW 194

Hydromechanical Transmission

Gears: 4 Forward,4 Reverse

Running Gear

Spoiler

Torsion Bar Suspension with Telescopic Shock Absorbers

Brakes

Spoiler

Disc Brakes+Hydraulic Retarder

Armament

Spoiler

Rheinmetall Rh.202

Caliber: 20x139mm

Weight:64 Kg (Without DGZ)

Weight Barrel: 28 Kg

Lenght (overall): 2612mm

Width: 278mm

Height: 317mm

Barrel Lenght: 2002mm

Barrel Lenght (Rifling): 1700mm

Amount of Grooves: 15,6° angle

Righthand twist

Weight DGZ (Doppelgurtzuführer,dual-belt-feeder): 19 Kg

Operating type: Open Bolt,Gas operated

Rate of Fire: max 1100 RPM

Select Fire,can fire Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic

Recoil Force: 7.5 kN

Maximum Elevation: 65°

Maximum Depression: -17°

Maximum horizontal targeting speed: 180°/4s

Maximum vertical targeting speed: 40°/4s

Maximum effective range: 2000m

Optics: Peri Z-11

Spoiler

Machinegun MG 3,one turret mounted,one in a seperate mount on the rear of the vehicle

Caliber: 7.62x51mm

Rate of Fire: 1200 RPM

Maximum effective range: 1200m

Standard ammunition load (Turret): 2500 Rounds

Ammunition

Spoiler

V0:

HEI DM 51A2,DM 81A1,DM 101              1055m/s

AP-T DM 43                                              1100m/s       Penetrates 40mm/1000m

APDS DM 63                                            1150m/s       Penetrates 44mm/1000m

Practice DM 48A1,DM 98A1                    1045m/s

Practice DM 88A1                                    1040m/s

Standard Load is 1250 rounds of ammunition.Gun can switch between ammo types.Early versions had the “Dreiweggurtzuführer” or DWGZ,which could switch between 3 different ammunition belts.Later versions (As mounted on the Marder A1+ had the DGZ (Doppelgurtzuführer),which could switch between 2 different belts.

Other:

Spoiler

The Marder is equipped with firing ports on the sides (2 per side),which can be equipped with MP-2 Submachineguns (Uzi).The ball mounts can move +-18° in the vertical and 40° in the horizontal.The Rear machinegun mount has a 90° traverse, and a maximum elevation of 55° and maximum depression of -15°.Aiming was done via PERI-Z12 periscope.The total weight of the rear mount (with ammunition and gun) is 240 Kg.

Armor

Spoiler

Position              Strenght          Angle

Turret Front        25mm             50°

Turret Sides       15mm             70/90°

Turret Top           11mm              -

Turret Rear         15mm             75°

Hull Front            32mm             66°

Engine Cover     11mm             12°

Side Upper         15mm             60°

Side Lower         15mm             90°

Rear                   11mm             120°

Top                     11mm              -

SPz Marder 1A3

Spoiler

Like base Marder,but:
-Torsion bar diameter increased to 56mm to handle increased weight

-Different Final Gear Ratio for transmission (from 4.5 to 5.16)

-Improved Braking system (2 circuits instead of 1,higher pressure,new braking pads without Asbest)

-MG-3 mount on turret mounted on other side of the turret,various changes to ammunition feeding

-No rear MG-3 Mount

-Addon armor similar to Leopard A1A1,Combat weight subsequently increased to 33500 Kg.Frontal protection up to 30mm caliber on the hull.Speed decreased to 65 Kph.

-Equipped with Milan (mounted on the right side of the turret) (carries edit: 4 ATGMs according to @Ronin_GE Version of the Book)

-No MP Sideports

-Overall lenght is now 6880mm,width is 3380mm.Ground clearance is now 455mm,overall height is 3015mm.The increase in lenght and width is due to the addon armor.

-Similar to the Leopard addon armor,the armor is part welded on,part mounted on Shock absorbers.A side effect of the addon armor was a lower thermal signature.

-No reinforcement struts in the rear fighting compartment

Sources:
51If++eMVIL.jpg

ISBN-10: 3613032953

ISBN-13: 978-3613032958

Book:
Marder-01.jpg
ASIN: B007GY0YD6

http://www.military-page.de/gross/rheinmetall/marder/mar_06.htm

http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/bw_spz_marder_1a5-a.htm

Edited by dotEXCEL
source added, ATGM number corrected
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 26
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, blakeob said:

Open for discussion. :salute:

Cheers m8

Poll added

Edited by ldotEXEl
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, ManyMilesAway said:

Very Interesting.  Would be cool to see this alongside other AFVs like the Soviet BMPs 

@swpixyand i are working on light-tank-lines for every Nation atm. just a matter of time when we will suggest them as well

Edited by ldotEXEl
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matzerg said:

More Bundeswehr tanks needed! I aprove of this! +1

cheers

Much like a BMP would be, they're kinda difficult to tier properly, I understand that introduction dates really don't matter from a balancing perspective, but it would certainly look extremely out of place seeing a 1970's IFV driving alongside a Panzer IV or BT-5.

Equipping it with ATGM's also wouldn't solve the issue, though it could be tiered much higher up, vehicles such as these often carried very few and their main armaments would be next to useless at such a higher tier.

I can't say I'm that big a fan of this suggestion, unless someone could convince me otherwise :P

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well someone need to suggest the chassie which these badboys are based on:

also atm is USSR the only nation with a turreted ATGM. For the US i am working on a suggestion of the M2 Bradley IFV and of the UK on a suggestion for the Warrior IFV

Edited by ldotEXEl
  • Upvote 1

On 25.1.2017 at 7:58 PM, Necrons31467 said:

Much like a BMP would be, they're kinda difficult to tier properly, I understand that introduction dates really don't matter from a balancing perspective, but it would certainly look extremely out of place seeing a 1970's IFV driving alongside a Panzer IV or BT-5.

Equipping it with ATGM's also wouldn't solve the issue, though it could be tiered much higher up, vehicles such as these often carried very few and their main armaments would be next to useless at such a higher tier.

I can't say I'm that big a fan of this suggestion, unless someone could convince me otherwise :P

Regardless of wether it gets the MILAN or not,it would not end up that low.This thing can easily be placed at 5.3,possibly even higher,thanks to really good mobility (especially since forward and reverse speed are identical on this vehicle) and the fact that its 20mm gets a really powerful APDS round paired with a ROF of up to 1100 RPM.Sure,it would not be able to engage heavy tanks frontally,but if you use its speed to flank and use its gundepression and low profile turret to get into uncommon and unexpected positions,you can wreck people with this.As for the BMP-not really a problem to tier properly.Tier 4,6.0 to 6.7-It may not have armor and bad gundepression,but a 73mm HEAT-FS launcher with ridiculous pen (300 to 400mm),decent ROF and really good mobility (plus Malyutkas,depending on which exact variant)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, swpixy said:

Regardless of wether it gets the MILAN or not,it would not end up that low.This thing can easily be placed at 5.3,possibly even higher,thanks to really good mobility (especially since forward and reverse speed are identical on this vehicle) and the fact that its 20mm gets a really powerful APDS round paired with a ROF of up to 1100 RPM.Sure,it would not be able to engage heavy tanks frontally,but if you use its speed to flank and use its gundepression and low profile turret to get into uncommon and unexpected positions,you can wreck people with this.As for the BMP-not really a problem to tier properly.Tier 4,6.0 to 6.7-It may not have armor and bad gundepression,but a 73mm HEAT-FS launcher with ridiculous pen (300 to 400mm),decent ROF and really good mobility (plus Malyutkas,depending on which exact variant)

44mm of penetration at 1000m. that's like what? 65mm at 10 metres?

I mean, seriously, what's it going to penetrate at 5.3? M18 Hellcats and SPAA? Tigers, IS-1's, KV-1's and plenty of other tanks will be practically immune to it.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

around 85mm at 10m.

the 20mm should only be use in CQB. the Milan ATGM is the main armamant. therefor i recommend placing it at 8.0. even the t10m has only 80mm sidearmor and effective 70 at the back. should be enough to catch tanks off guard from the side in citymaps

5.3? are you nuts @swpixy? :D

Edited by ldotEXEl

Uhmmm, 85mm of penetration at 8.0? I mean, really? that's not even competitive at 4.0, let alone 8.0.

So you won't even penetrate the side armour of a T-54 at 300 metres distance.

Also, those are 6 missiles maximum, even at 15 missiles on the IT-1 I've seen plenty of people run out, 6 is just far too little, there's no way anyone in their right mind would pick this thing at 8.0.

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2017 at 1:12 PM, ldotEXEl said:

For the US i am working on a suggestion of the M2 Bradley IFV and of the UK on a suggestion for the Warrior IFV

lolwat

They're not only out of the -70s-ish timeline, the Bradley has spaced laminate (composite) armor.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Retry said:

lolwat

They're not only out of the -70s-ish timeline, the Bradley has spaced laminate (composite) armor.

I believe most Bradleys are spaced aluminum armour with some explosive reactive armour packages, and at the very least the earlier models certainly wouldn't be armoured any better than say, a T-62.

Besides, who cares if it's a 1970's tank or not? we've got plenty of 1970's tanks already.

1 hour ago, Necrons31467 said:

I mean, seriously, what's it going to penetrate at 5.3? M18 Hellcats and SPAA? Tigers, IS-1's, KV-1's and plenty of other tanks will be practically immune to it.

Between 80 and 100mm,actually-enough to get through the sides of most things in the game at short ranges. Between 5.0 and 6.0 that would be enough to get through the sides  and rear of everything except the IS-1.In case of the majority of tanks,it would actually be able to do so from well within the normal combat distances.As for the case of the MILAN-sure,its gun is not going to be that effective up there.The missiles,however,would be pretty darn powerful-So you would basically end up with something like the Type 60.Superb mobility,low profile armament and good gundepression,Giant boomstick and not much ammo for it-but overall still enough to give the enemy a really hard time if used correctly.

32 minutes ago, Retry said:

lolwat

Time based cutoff is out anyway,its pretty much entirely technology based now-but aside from that,Atleast the earlier versions of the M2 and M3 had aluminum spaced armor.Aluminum armor we already have on lots of vehicles,and the same goes for spaced armor.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

So does this thing only have a 20mm? I mean it's got pretty good penetration for a 20mm but still that's gonna make it be fighting at tier 1

It also has a MILAN ATGM launcher.

medal medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

Oh okay I was reading the armament and didn't see it, but I'd like to see this as opposed to the bagel panzer which was also suggested

The Milan isn't standard issue until the 1A3, which is an '88 IFV.  The A3 also has rather vague "improved armor" to protect it from BMP-2's 30mm autocannon as well as cluster bomblets, which could be anything from stuffing steel onto the hull to, possibly, composite armor.  Being a rather modern IFV that's still in use today, it'd probably be rather difficult to get the documents to model the vehicle.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, Retry said:

The Milan isn't standard issue until the 1A3, which is an '88 IFV.  The A3 also has rather vague "improved armor" to protect it from BMP-2's 30mm autocannon as well as cluster bomblets, which could be anything from stuffing steel onto the hull to, possibly, composite armor.  Being a rather modern IFV that's still in use today, it'd probably be rather difficult to get the documents to model the vehicle.

The milan was first introduced with the 1A3 and became a standard aramament. again there is no cuttoff date anymore. only a technology barrier. NO COMPOSITE. :DD