swpixy

Do you want to see these vehicles?  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see these vehicles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes,but only MK20
    • Yes,but only TOW
    • Yes,but only HOT
    • Yes,but only RMK-30
    • Yes,but only MK.20 and TOW (versions in active service)
    • All except RMK-30
    • All except HOT

Looks good fun.  +1

EDIT I've been looking at what options are available to Germany as their version of the BMP-2 ie a vehicle that can keep cap points locked down in urban or otherwise shielded environments.  It appears that they don't have much. The marder would be the obvious choice but it has a weak main gun and the version with the increased fire power lacks ATGMs so it's lacking either way.

I think that this could fill that hole. Being able to hide and spring out with the ATGM would give it the firepower needed to take out whatever was in front of it and it's mobility would allow it to get back to safety quickly.  It might be a better choice than the marder.

Edited by Matt_82
medal medal medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't care, gib Wiesel with everything....

But I don't see it if this Thread will remain here for another Year - It has been opened in the beginning of 2017 - so it is almost 2 Years old....and we didn'T get anywhere with it until now...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 anyways

On 17/01/2019 at 01:58, gimpy117 said:

if the 20MM Mk20 with AP rounds is strong enough it would be nice to see in 5.7 

That might result in a huge BR gap is we get it with the TOW/HOT, which could be rather weird.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Absolutely, this could be a very interesting, small, light tank line in rank 6, maybe below the Begleitpanzer 57? You have my support! +1 :good:

• Upvote 1

On 22/01/2019 at 19:42, _R4ze_ said:

+1 anyways

That might result in a huge BR gap is we get it with the TOW/HOT, which could be rather weird.

Well...wouldn´t be the first time we have a gap,though,tbh.We already have things like Na-To (3.3)--->Ho-Ri (7.0) or M42 (3.3) ---> SIDAM 25 (8.0),so going from 5.7-6.0 to 8.0-9.0 shouldn´t be much of an issue.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, swpixy said:

Well...wouldn´t be the first time we have a gap,though,tbh.We already have things like Na-To (3.3)--->Ho-Ri (7.0) or M42 (3.3) ---> SIDAM 25 (8.0),so going from 5.7-6.0 to 8.0-9.0 shouldn´t be much of an issue.

What I was aiming at is, that we would have the same vehicle with drasticly different BRs this way.

I still support this fully nontheless.

+1 to the cannon only variants, +1 to the unlisted Stinger variant.

While Germany could do with a non-tow variant that would give the middle tiers a good scout vehicle, the most needed versions of this vehicle *right now* is the one that fires Stingers, the "Ozelot".

EDIT: Ozelot is for Wiesel 2.

Edited by Xiphidion
medal medal

39 minutes ago, Xiphidion said:

+1 to the cannon only variants, +1 to the unlisted Stinger variant.

While Germany could do with a non-tow variant that would give the middle tiers a good scout vehicle, the most needed versions of this vehicle *right now* is the one that fires Stingers, the "Ozelot".

*sigh*
The Ozelot is based on the Wiesel 2, not the Wiesel 1, which this suggestion covers... i would recommend you to make a Wiesel 2 Ozelot Suggestion if you really want it...
Silhouette_w1_vs_w2.PNG
Wiesel 2 (Blue) is bigger and features 1 more Road wheel

or you could suggest the Gepard with the Stingers... or the Roland system on the Marder Chassis

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Some SAM options
Gepard 1A2 Protoype

Spoiler

Flakpz_Gepard_mit_Stinger_2C_Prototyp.pn

also mounted on Leclerc Chassis (i suggest this for Frech Techtree tho)
ptOCu3P.jpg

Roland on Marder

Spoiler

0e544d2ef223bb11b5eb5cd53f1ae1cb--war-ma

Wiesel 1 with Mistral

Spoiler

wiessel1oioioi9.png

Wiesel 2 Ozelot

Spoiler

Wiesel-Asrad.jpg
1200px-Ozelot2.jpg

Edited by dotEXCEL
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

dotEXCEL... I love your posts & your contribution to the game and this forum. You are a wealth of knowledge, especially for us German tankers...

...but ...

... & I say this with a grin on my face ...

... you are a cranky xxxxxxx.

The *sigh* was unnecessary and makes you come off as arrogant despite the quality of the rest of the post. It doesn't bother me so much, but I can't help but think there are others out there who react poorly to it.

Honest mistake on my part, & greatly appreciate the rest of your information about the Wiesel in steering me in the right direction to the Wiesel 2 thread and also going so far as to offer SAM suggestions for the Wiesel 1. The core of my comment was that Germany could use a SAM variant, whatever that variant may be called.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

2 hours ago, Xiphidion said:

dotEXCEL... I love your posts & your contribution to the game and this forum. You are a wealth of knowledge, especially for us German tankers...

...but ...

... & I say this with a grin on my face ...

... you are a cranky xxxxxxx.

The *sigh* was unnecessary and makes you come off as arrogant despite the quality of the rest of the post. It doesn't bother me so much, but I can't help but think there are others out there who react poorly to it.

Honest mistake on my part, & greatly appreciate the rest of your information about the Wiesel in steering me in the right direction to the Wiesel 2 thread and also going so far as to offer SAM suggestions for the Wiesel 1. The core of my comment was that Germany could use a SAM variant, whatever that variant may be called.

well thats me...
the *sigh* i  added because i literally had the same discussion with someone else on Discord earlier ;)
nothing against you m8. its just... i dont know... if you explain the same thing over and over again... it starts getting on your nerves, i hope you understand and forgive me

Edited by dotEXCEL

• 4 weeks later...

I just want this one, which was only shortly mentioned in this thread: The Wiesel RMK 30

Spoiler

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-001i.jpg.e5

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-002i.jpg.a7

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-003i.jpg.b3

The RMK 30 platform is a fully stabilized, recoilless drum autocannon firing caseless 30mm rounds. It features IR optics as well as a laser rangefinder. The rate of fire is up to 300 rpm. At 1.5mrad @ 1000m it is also very accurate. It's power is said to be no lower than 156kJ muzzle energy, and peaking at about 200kJ, which is very high for an autocannon of that caliber, and even more so for a recoilless gun. 

It can combat both ground and air targets, with an effective combat range of 2500m.

In combination with its FCS it has "assign and forget" capability, meaning the operator just designates a target and the firing control system automatically optically tracks and shoots the assigned target.

Now this would be something I'd really want to see in the game.

The other variants would be nice, too, but either lacking in sustainability (very limited ammo on the missile AA systems and ATGM launchers) or damage output (20mm aint strong enough).

Edited by Genewen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Genewen said:

I just want this one, which was only shortly mentioned in this thread: The Wiesel RMK 30

Hide contents

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-001i.jpg.e5

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-002i.jpg.a7

bw_watr_wiesel_1_bmk_30mm_vt-003i.jpg.b3

The RMK 30 platform is a fully stabilized, recoilless drum autocannon firing caseless 30mm rounds. It features IR optics as well as a laser rangefinder. The rate of fire is up to 300 rpm. At 1.5mrad @ 1000m it is also very accurate. It's power is said to be no lower than 156kJ muzzle energy, and peaking at about 200kJ, which is very high for an autocannon of that caliber, and even more so for a recoilless gun. 

It can combat both ground and air targets, with an effective combat range of 2500m.

In combination with its FCS it has "assign and forget" capability, meaning the operator just designates a target and the firing control system automatically optically tracks and shoots the assigned target.

Now this would be something I'd really want to see in the game.

The other variants would be nice, too, but either lacking in sustainability (very limited ammo on the missile AA systems and ATGM launchers) or damage output (20mm aint strong enough).

nice find on those pic's, where did you find them?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More on the Rh202

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

More on the RMK30

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

turns out that the 30mm was planned for the Tiger Helicopter

• Like 3

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Wiesel has been implemented in multiple forms with update 2.11 Ground Breaking,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: