Sd.kfz.231 wd 6-Rad  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sd.kfz 231 6-Rad be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

jTkfi8J.jpg

This Suggestion is in support of the Armored Cars research line project

i would like to suggest what was the first german armored car of the new generation (early 30s) the Sd.Kfz.231 Wd 6-Rad

sdkfz231.jpg

Introduction

the Sd.Kfz.231 was a heavy armored car designed in Germany in 1932 and quickly put into production. it was considered as the new modern vehicles with all the sophistication of his time but didn't had a good performance and reliability. the armored car was armed with the 2cm Kwk.30 with an MG-14 in the turret. the turret was placed a bit on the rear of the armored car. the armor was a bit weak and not design to receive direct hit by cannon or tank guns. it had a thickness of 14mm in the front with a little slope, 10mm in the rear and 6 mm in the side. it was powered by a 68hp 6 cylinder Büssing-NAG engine. it was reaching 45 mph on the road and less than half this speed off-road. many prototype was propose but only the Sd.Kfz.231 wd 6-rad and the Sd.Kfz.231 wd 6-rad (xxxx) was produced. the Sd.Kfz.231 wd 6-rad (xxxx) was the same vehicles but fitting a radio for command post. the (xxxx) version will not be proposed.

schwerer_Panzerspahwagen_Fu_SdKfz_232_6-

History

The Sd.Kfz.231 wd 6-Rad was an amored car designed to be a reconnaissance vehicles with good mobility and endurance. while been indeed a reconnaissance vehicles, the Sd.Kfz.231 prove to be unreliable and poorly performing off-road. but the need of the recon armored vehicles was important and even with the mechanical reliability problem of the Sd.Kfz.231, the armored car was been put into production. initially, the vehicles was designed to have 8 wheel but due to the technicality of the production, it was judged too expensive. the production started in 1932 and 132 of those armored car was built and put into service. the armored car was used in the occupation of Czechoslovakia. At the start of WW2, these were unleashed in Poland and France, were their poor performance was quickly shown. So they were withdrawn and kept for training and internal security and training for the remainder of the war.

Sdkfz231_6-Rad_tech_drawing_4view.gif

Specifications
Weight 4.9 tons
Length 5.5 m (18 ft 9 in)
Width 1.8 m (6 ft 2 in)
Height 2.2 m (7 ft 10 in)
Crew 4 (commander, gunner, driver, secondary driver)

Armor 8-15 mm (.31-.59 in)
Main
armament
2 cm KwK 30 L/55
Secondary
armament
7.92 mm MG14 MG
Engine 68hp 6 cylinder Büssing-NAG
Suspension 6 wheels
Speed 72 km/h (45 mph)

Source

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Sd-Kfz-231_6-rad.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Panzerspähwagen

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/vehicle/armored-cars/sdkfz231-6-rad-armored-car.asp

Other German Armored cars included in the Armored Cars research line project

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 6-rad

Sd.Kfz 221 Mit 2.8cm Panzerbüchse 41

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.A

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.B

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad Early

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad late

Sd.Kfz 232

Sd.Kfz 233

Sd.Kfz 234/2

Sd.Kfz 234/4

Edited by CaID
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 23
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

I can see it working as a reserve armored car, or something around there.

something like the start of a new line for the armored car in the german tree.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, F7UCutlass said:

Problem is there's alot of armored cars around the same performance, and that performance is already outmatched by alot of 1.0 tanks 

it's not so much outmatched if we add serial other armored car for the Russian, British and American. the Japanese doesn't have decent armored car for the game but their tanks aren't so resistant. adding armored car in the game in every tier will allow player who prefer to used speed, discretion and tactic to have some good choice. i don't like how the M-18 and Ru.251 are always the only one to try to get you unaware.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tubushi said:

no need this

i guess you never play the Japanese in early tier where you struggle to penetrate the enemy armor and you probably never play with speed, tactic and discretion. if your thing is to drive in the front line with a tank with the thick armor and big gun, there is also some suggestion i made for those, but if you rather play with speed and the element of surprise, the Armored car are all designated for the skillful player.

the armored car are easy to destroy but hard to predict.

• Upvote 4

Yes these were some of the first armoured cars to be in the invasion of Poland  and so is an historical addition for playing on the Poland map 

Early war German A/Cars

reccet.jpg

reccet.jpg

Edited by Brumpoet
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Universae said:

Yes yes yes yes yes and a thousand times yes! +1 from me.

I just love the look of this perticular vehicle. 

It'd go great before the puma as a low tier armoured car for the germans.

I'll be bias to this over the Sd.kfz 222 for looks alone XD

historically, the 231 6rad was before the 221 and 222 (while their designed is not relly related) the 231 8rad was way later when the German was able to built the more costly version.

the 231 8rad was leading to the 234/1 puma. so the research order should be like it was in the history, plus the performance is also in the same order, the German seldom downgrading their vehicles, they are a good example of Quality over Quantity.

if you like the 231 6rad and the other armored car. i guess you most be in support to the related project, the Armored Cars research line project

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CaID said:

historically, the 231 6rad was before the 221 and 222 (while their designed is not relly related) the 231 8rad was way later when the German was able to built the more costly version.

the 231 8rad was leading to the 234/1 puma. so the research order should be like it was in the history, plus the performance is also in the same order, the German seldom downgrading their vehicles, they are a good example of Quality over Quantity.

if you like the 231 6rad and the other armored car. i guess you most be in support to the related project, the Armored Cars research line project

While the tech trees do kinda follow an actual development lineage, they dont XD

The Gepard at Br 2.0 for example is the second SPAA to unlock, but wasnt produced until 1943.

I can kinda see gaijin picking the 222 over the 231 6rad as a low tier armoured car simply because the 222 seems a bit more well known.

You could add then all in a tab, but at the rate the game is going, gaijin seem.......recuctent to stick alot of new low tier vehicles in.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, Universae said:

While the tech trees do kinda follow an actual development lineage, they dont XD

The Gepard at Br 2.0 for example is the second SPAA to unlock, but wasnt produced until 1943.

I can kinda see gaijin picking the 222 over the 231 6rad as a low tier armoured car simply because the 222 seems a bit more well known.

You could add then all in a tab, but at the rate the game is going, gaijin seem.......recuctent to stick alot of new low tier vehicles in.

the Gepard is not any close to fit in tier 3 where the other vehicles from 1943 could fit. it's sometime more about the relative performance. the 231 6 rad was the first "modern" armored car used by the German and also the worse in term of performance. it would just work fine as the lowest armored car for the German. a bit like the ASU-57 who was from the cold-war era.

the reason why they seldom add low tier of vehicles is mostly because they want to renew the game, give the player a long game-play, adding a low tier vehicles will add a bit of new game-play. a low tier vehicles could be unlocked in 2-3 low tier game or a single high tier game. after playing 2-3 game with the newly unlocked vehicles. you unlock all the modification already. it's don't in something like 2h or even less when you have no premium account or booster. while if you add higher tier of vehicles, you make people play dozen of match to unlock it and even more to unlock the modification. it's add a day or two of game-play with a goal when you don't have time to play 10h a day like me. i played the game of over a year now. i love it and i often come back to it. but i have no yet unlocked every vehicles. i dont play one nation in particular, i play about every nation, usually i unlock about all the tier 3 or 4 in air and land in every nation with a few tier 5. i take times to unlock them especially when like me, i like to unlock every single modification of every machine before going to a superior BR (even if i hate the machine such as the Sherman). all that to say, there is simply a reason of length of the game-play that favorite to add higher tier.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CaID said:

the Gepard is not any close to fit in tier 3 where the other vehicles from 1943 could fit. it's sometime more about the relative performance. the 231 6 rad was the first "modern" armored car used by the German and also the worse in term of performance. it would just work fine as the lowest armored car for the German. a bit like the ASU-57 who was from the cold-war era. 

Yeah, thats true.

10 hours ago, CaID said:

the reason why they seldom add low tier of vehicles is mostly because they want to renew the game, give the player a long game-play, adding a low tier vehicles will add a bit of new game-play. a low tier vehicles could be unlocked in 2-3 low tier game or a single high tier game. after playing 2-3 game with the newly unlocked vehicles. you unlock all the modification already. it's don't in something like 2h or even less when you have no premium account or booster. while if you add higher tier of vehicles, you make people play dozen of match to unlock it and even more to unlock the modification. it's add a day or two of game-play with a goal when you don't have time to play 10h a day like me. i played the game of over a year now. i love it and i often come back to it. but i have no yet unlocked every vehicles. i dont play one nation in particular, i play about every nation, usually i unlock about all the tier 3 or 4 in air and land in every nation with a few tier 5. i take times to unlock them especially when like me, i like to unlock every single modification of every machine before going to a superior BR (even if i hate the machine such as the Sherman). all that to say, there is simply a reason of length of the game-play that favorite to add higher tier.

Aha, im one of those awkward people where the grind kills it for me.

I will play a vehicle because i like it, dont enjoy unlocking them XD

(Well, I enjoy unlocking a bit, but not when it takes me months for one tank XD)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/09/2017 at 02:55, Universae said:

Yeah, thats true.

Aha, im one of those awkward people where the grind kills it for me.

I will play a vehicle because i like it, dont enjoy unlocking them XD

(Well, I enjoy unlocking a bit, but not when it takes me months for one tank XD)

Same. I hate grinding because im not a flexible player. I play with the tactics that the armys used so I dont adapt to situations leading to alot of deaths. I try to stay historically accurate but getting the vehicles to be accurate takes to long.  Repair costs are WAY to high, and the RP earned is way to low.

Edited by shadowstrike115
typo
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 30/08/2017 at 12:28, Kocyra said:

Problem is there's alot of armored cars around the same performance, and that performance is already outmatched by alot of 1.0 tanks 

Pzgr40

medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...