Current Team Killing Policy

Scarper

Dear players, this is our current policy regarding Team Killing incorporating the auto kick / ban feature .

Gaijin's stance at this time is:

Any team kill incident has negative consequences for the team-killer. We already have auto-kick and auto-ban features and are continuously reviewing and working on team killing policy.

What is the Auto Kick and Auto ban feature?

To determine if it is necessary to punish players that are firing on allies  (deliberate or accidental), we record statistics regarding the number of occasions when destruction or damage is done to allies in conjunction with the number of vehicles (air, land & sea) used in battle by a player causing the damage. For various actions against allies, a user will collect a specific number of penalty points. The number of penalty points gathered depends on the type of vehicle used against a player's allies in a damaging or destructive way and the game mode in which the player is in . From this data we calculate what appropriate punishment will be given to the user that has attacked their allies. All this depends on the actions that a player has done both in the session and previously. A player can be kicked from the session or even banned from it.

The amount of teamkills within a certain period of time is not the only measurement taken into account, but also a comparison between teamkills to respawns which in most cases will indicate bad intention - eg if a player spawns, teamkills, spawns again , teamkills etc etc. This means that the system will also take the into account the amount of respawns so that players who have destroyed their allies unintentionally will not be punished. Also, damaging allies by shooting or ramming is also taken into account. So deliberate shooting at teammates may result in a kick from the session and ban from 1 to 7 days, depending upon the situation. The system will try to determine and identify only unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Specific cases or issues may be resolved by Game-masters.

IMPORTANT!

Please report all incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling.
Please report all incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling, committed by a group of players (squadron, clan).

Please use this reference for any contact with Game Masters.

(text refreshed link updated)

• Like 16
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Scarper said:

Yhe amount of...

The* :)

Also, while I get the current system, I think it is time for an upgrade. There needs to be more that deters people from teamkilling, or doing team damage in the first place, as currently, if you decide in a match that you want to do it, all you'll get as punishment is a small silver lion fee (Unless of course you decide to do it often).

Many suggestions have been made but very little change has come from it. 

Edited by igeticsu

Pacifica (Posted )

Typo fixed :P
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I suggest that any "hit" on an allied unit, regardless if it caused damage or not, should be taken into account by the automatic system. 

Multiple hits on friendly units in a short amount of time (as separate actions, i.e. by firing multiple times, and not by damaging multiple units with a single explosion instead) should more often than not prove that the offender is willingly attacking friendlies, and should therefore be sanctioned/kicked immediately, even if no proper "teamkilling" has happened yet. 

This may occasionally even save the player who gets attacked by the "traitor", before he gets killed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you very much for this welcome explanation of how the auto-system works.

Primarily it is a statistics-based system, but you also continue to encourage players to report incidents, presumably in-game and in server and user replays. How are these reports taken into account? Are they added to the statistics or are they individually handled by the Game Masters?

Edited by Light_Flight
medal medal medal medal

there was an accident in air rb where i was under the bomber flying towards and shooting at him. Sadly i did not lead enough and shot down my ally behind him.

he did not rage or criticize me, said it happens to everyone.

i did not mind the -5000 SL, its still a tk but i want to know that the multiple shots from my guns are considered one shot or a chain shot and will end up in a ban?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Steam Moderator

I actually enjoy the updates as to this system, and understand the specifics being more guarded. Iirc there was once a tallied-out policy with numbers of kills, etc. and I am glad to see it's moved to a more involved policy with respawns and damage (without being killed) being taken into account as well.

I am still a believer of not paying a repair cost if you are teamkilled, but that is more of a suggestion for another area, however it is nice to see the information is still being put forward to players on the policy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I wish new players actually HAD to read and acknowledge the TK policy before they start general game play. There are WAY to many people who haven't a clue about the rules of this game currently playing.

• Upvote 4

So i came back to this basicly awsome game just to figure out why i left before...and the dot on the i is a broken autobann feature that punishes hard and hurts me even harder and makes me think i want my money back.

First issue why i left was the permanent spawnkilling. this game supports this stupid playstyle and nothing has done against it, i still get rekt from behind and makes me feel i accidently stumbled in  a xxxx darkroom...

On top of it, because if this spawn killing, i usely play SB mainly though its not always availble (if one not owns every tank), there people mostly dont rush enemy spawn areas and the game play is more intense...so my favorite mode to go with. Friendly fire happens in reality aswell here and there so i managed it to have 2 teamkills in SB mode, which i can only apologize for, which i did and basicly werent not my fault and, most importent NOT ON PURPOSE. 1 TK happened as i was in sight mode while capturing and one dude crashed into my, bumping my tank. I felt attacked and just shoot in reflex and couldnt see anything that close except someone in my sight bumping me. After i saw the burning wreck i apologized in chat.

2nd guy was 1000m away in a shadow of a hill coming of the direction of the enemy spawn area, all i could see was a black tank n couldt see details, as his turret circled around to my direction i shoot at him. he shoot back and killed me....it was a teammate. Dunno it was his kill or i was kicked from the server but afterwards i got banned for 24 hours.

Do you realy think its fair to treat friendly fire that harsh? Dont you think a kick from the server would be enough, when detecting the guy is TKing on PURPOSE? Like killing more than 1 teammates, like 2 or 3.

So detecting on another session the same thing should lead to a bann.

Now i feel like kinda ripped off, i payed for a premium account, buyed a tank and now i get a bann for something that can happen accidently, especialy in SP mode but you prevent me from playing my premium status?

• Like 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, AttackerCat said:

I am still a believer of not paying a repair cost if you are teamkilled, but that is more of a suggestion for another area, however it is nice to see the information is still being put forward to players on the policy.

I for one am a firm believer that you should pay repair costs if you're teamkilled. It keeps you on your toes and prevents players from hurling themselves into the thick of the action without looking where friendlies are. Cutting down on accidental teamkills is as much a question of the "victims" learning to look where they're going as it is one of trigger discipline.

I get teamkilled (by accident) very rarely, but one time I came screaming in to hit a bomber and flew straight into the line of fire of the team mate already firing, so I died. Totally my own fault and I certainly deserved the repair costs.

10 minutes ago, Projectil said:

Do you realy think its fair to treat friendly fire that harsh? Dont you think a kick from the server would be enough, when detecting the guy is TKing on PURPOSE? Like killing more than 1 teammates, like 2 or 3.

Accidental teamkills should be punished fairly severely. Players should check their surroundings before hurtling themselves into battle.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, Hardmoor said:

don't shoot if you can't properly identify your target, it's that easy.

In my opinion teamkills should cost 50.000 SL and could lead to permanent Simulator bans if accumulated.

Its that easy, wow you must be mr. perfekt. I am pointing out this system doesnt work properly and you start acting like "SB is for masterace only"....

Edited by Projectil
lost my temper...
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

This seems to be more of an issue in the lower tiers, I seldom witness much team killing issues in tiers 4-5. Maybe the penatly can be increased, more silver deducted.

Regarding simulator battles as the amount of tanks and airplanes keeps increasing it is becoming less realistic as the enemy vehicles varies so much it would be hard too remember who is a enemy or teammate. Maybe some type of mechanic can be implemented in the game where a player can use binoculors to focus on a target and if they hold the binoculars on the target for 15-20sec a little indictor such as those used to indentify bot planes appears on top of the vehicle red showing to be an enemy and blue showing to be a freindly. As team killing in sim happens probaly 50% of matches most of the time i think its not intentional but due to not being familar with the enemy.

Edited by *mmk207
  • Confused 1
medal

12 hours ago, Projectil said:

Its that easy, wow you must be mr. perfekt. I am pointing out this system doesnt work properly and you start acting like "SB is for masterace only"....

if you want to teach people something they need to be punished for doing it wrong,

Sim doesn't exclude anyone that wants to learn how to play properly.

(since there are no TK between tanks in AB and RB, no one can say Sim is for the Masterrace that can distinguish tanks)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 26.10.2017 at 12:31 PM, Hardmoor said:

if you want to teach people something they need to be punished for doing it wrong,

Sim doesn't exclude anyone that wants to learn how to play properly.

(since there are no TK between tanks in AB and RB, no one can say Sim is for the Masterrace that can distinguish tanks)

allright, so when someone comes above a hill with GE foliage camo from the direction you would expect the enemy is coming from and he spots you offguard because you were trying to make a move to somewhere else and is turning his gun onto you and you cant tell what type this tank is the logical assumption would be " he did see me and trying to shoot me" is the only thing you would be sure of in this moment ....you wanna tell me you wait untill you get oneshottet and killed to be convinced its definatly NOT an allied tank?

• Upvote 1

I dont understand how it is teamkilling if someone gets hit by one piece of shrapnel on a bombing run, doing no damage, and then that person deliberately j's out to give the bomber a TK.  Is that really a TK or is that something else?  Same thing with artillery. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Teamkiller:  *video removed*

Edited by _Catweazle_63
video removed.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Please use the proper channels to report Team Killers as already mentioned in your previous thread. This is a discussion thread and not to report Team Killers.
  • Upvote 2

Accidentally shot a friendly plane in Arcade with my SPAA, I can't hit the enemy plane chasing it but I somehow one-hit the friendly plane, This is getting ridiculous. :(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gentlemen,

Is the team killing policy working ?

I'm getting tired of being damaged and/or shot down at very beginning of game !

I spend a lot of money in this game, but this issue is becoming very common and  annoying !!! 

Please, enhance the team kill/damage policy, specially at first 2 minutes of game!

If it doesn't work, I'll campaign to name the team killers and show theirs bad acts in forum and at YOU TUBE ! 

It will become a real WAR !!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I just had a match in which a teammate shot down a friendly Bf 109 and then rammed me... Turns out no one else than me could be bothered to report him because, and I qoute "Gaijin wont do anything" & "what if I dont care"....

No one trusts the system because there have been too many times where it simply doesn't work! It's time to change it, Gaijin!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s a great idea, 

enable insta kick from session if a friendly is shot at within the first 2 mins of a game( air RB) taking off from the airfield. 

I would venture to say that 95% of all team killing takes place in the first minute or so after spawning in and taking off from the airfield.

Less than two minutes into a game there is 98% no reason to fire a shot. 1 % for aborted takeoff gun assisted braking and 1% for checking if you have ammo belts or convergence where you want it... maybe....

i would say leave the heavy silver lions penalty in place. Maybe even double it every time on say a daily basis or even a few hours. and reset it back to x1 if you can manage not to kill friendlys

for eg.

i decide to be an idiot and kill or shoot at my allies after spawning in. After 2 mins.

First kill I get fined straight up (20k SL)

second kill I get fined 40k SL and kicked from that game.

ok next game, 

i still I’ll decide to harm my friends, after 2 mins

first kill I get fined 80 K sl

Second kill I get fined 160k and kicked form the game.

and repeat.

say on the third game I’ve  learned  my lesson and realise that if I keep going this way I will be seriously broke.

then after even a short while , say 6-12 hours it resets back to the first multiplier.

if you add this into the algorithm and couple it with an insta kick for freindly damage caused in the first 90-120 seconds.

i would say you would solve 95% of the team killing.

gajin surly has data on tk to support my suspicion 

my two cents

P.s just remembered in the duals mode there is a countdown timer which disables guns for 30seconds. You could very easily incorporate this into air rb and thus would vastly improve the tk stats

Edited by GOT_MILK
Added more thought
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

One thing that really got me once was playing SB tanks, I was in a plane, and went to bomb the enemies AI artillery. Long story short, I bombed ours by mistake, and then you know, got the penalty of killing about 7 people on our team (even though they are AI) and got slammed with a 7 day ban. 

I don't know if its the same these days, but I think SB should be a little bit less harsh, as accidents will happen, just as they did in the War. 

• Upvote 1
medal

Slow clap time... my AI gunners just shot past the hostile Wyvern that was chasing me and insta killed the friendly Yak 3 that was chasing him...

-24K SL because the AI decided to make me a team killer...  :facepalm:

Edited by Fa11enPhoenix

TEAMKILLERS !

Suggestion: Make a page / list of Team-Killers with a link to the battle video-replay and their names in a public forum. I think it's only fair, that everybody can see who these players are. 

Here is a great example from a RB-battle of today, where the player *name and shame removed*  ON PURPOSE pushed me right out in front of the enemies.. where I got killed.

This is a good example of a player that helps to destroy the game - and that you can not even trust your teammates in the game.

I had in no ways bothered him - but he found it entertaining to push me out in front of the enemies.

He has been reported - but I do not know if Gaijin does anything about this.

Here is a link to the replay so you can watch for yourselves how dirty *name and shame removed* is playing. 

I will publish this video on YouTube as well - and hopefully this kind of publishing teamkillers will stop their behaviour ! 

IMPORTANT!

Please report all incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling.

Edited by _Catweazle_63
name and shame removed

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Naming and shaming is NOT allowed and have no place in the discussion about the Team Killing Policy nor does a wall of shame has a purpose since we are all innocent until proven guilty which is decided by the auto-tk system and Game Masters.
Do as you correctly advised: Report all those that show disruptive game play and they will be dealt with accordingly.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Guilhermefg changed the title to players need to learn how to launch a missile!!!