Next patch and beyond wishlist - everything except trees

NoZoul

Here you can wish-list and discuss future vehicles/mechanics/game-modes etc that you wan't to see for War Thunder!

Here you can read about rumors, data-finds and other compiled truths of what is going to be added in the next patch.

Please keep in mind that all vehicles already in-game have their own dedicated thread.

Also, do not assume moderators, staff or developers will read this thread to see your wishes.

If you want a suggestion to be seen by developers, you need to compile a suggestion over here and get it approved.

FAQ

Q: What is this thread about?

A:  This thread is about what vehicles you would like to see for future content.

Q: Is this where I can add suggestions?
A: No this is the place where you can rant about future wishes with others in the community.

Thank you to @Lord_of_Sofa for creating the Rumor thread from which the template I have copied.

Edited by Nightshriker
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Huh, this is actually pretty neat. Now we can clobber ourselves here about what we'd like to see in WT!

And yes, in this case my signature says it all lol

Edited by Stuhlfleisch

Well, IF the ground BR for top tier are gonna be at last decompressed, this is what i see incoming:
USSR:      T-80U  10.0 >>> 10.3
US:           M1A1 10.0 >>> 10.3
UK:          Challenger 2 10.0 >>> 10.3
Germany: Leo 2A5 10.0 >>> 10.7
France:    Leclerc 10.0 >>> 10.7

Italy:        Ariete 10.0 >>> 10.3
Japan:    Type 90 >>> 10.3

In terms of vehicle additions i expect the inroduction of T-90A and M1A2 for US and USSR players in order to be competitive with germany, and the latter getting Leo 2A4 (1987) to fill the 10.3 gap. 

In terms of wishes, i´d like some BMP-3 or Obj 685, but above everything else i want NEW BIGGER MAPS MORE SUITABLE FOR GROUND TOP TIER. 

Edited by Alan_Tovarishch
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Stuhlfleisch said:

Huh, this is actually pretty neat. Now we can clobber ourselves here about what we'd like to see in WT!

And yes, in this case my signature says it all lol

Yeah! I don't know why nobody ever thought about this thread before now.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
6 minutes ago, Nightshriker said:

Yeah! I don't know why nobody ever thought about this thread before now.

Everyone was probably too busy arguing in the RR thread :016:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stuhlfleisch said:

Everyone was probably too busy arguing in the RR thread :016:

Haha, so you want the T72M?

Don't you think the T72 in the russian tree already fulfills the purpose of that tank?

I know it's easy for me to say that, maybe there are some people who only spam the forums instead of grinding, but I for example, have almost every vehicle from every tech tree, in every aspect (ground, air, navy and heli) :crazy:

Or is it just that you simply want a german T72?

If so, and if there ever is a Swedish tech tree, I want it too. Hehe.

Spoiler

Bildresultat för arsenalen T72

Edited by Nightshriker

• Technical Moderator

I think the east-German T-72M would be a great addition to the German tech-tree. It would feature a more armored, less mobile counterpart to things like the Leopard 1A1A1 and Leopard 1A1A1 L/44.

A good BR for it would probably be 9.0, mainly because the turret-armor is inferior to the T-72A we have in the Soviet tech-tree (which is 9.3).

cold-war-8-057.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 10

• Technical Moderator
8 minutes ago, Nightshriker said:

Haha, so you want the T72M?

Don't you think the T72 in the russian tree already fulfills the purpose of that tank?

I know it's easy for me to say that, maybe there are some people who only spam the forums instead of grinding, but I for example, have almost every vehicle from every tech tree, in every aspect (ground, air, navy and heli) :crazy:

Or is it just that you simply want a german T72?

If so, and there ever is a Swedish tech tree, I want it too. Hehe.

Reveal hidden contents

Bildresultat för arsenalen T72

You can have your Swedish T-72, I don't mind. :P

My reasoning for it is, that a NVA T-72M would give Germany a "lower" top-tier vehicle with armor that can actually stop APDS and sometimes even APFSDS and HEAT-FS from something like a 105mm from time to time, which would be a welcome change in my opinion, from things like the Leopard 1A1A1, which, if you don't hit the bouncy UFP, gets deleted by even simple AP at range.

There is of course also just me, wanting it because I think it looks super cool, but that's besides the point. ;)

4 minutes ago, Nightshriker said:

I can support that argument, since germany already have so many lightly/medium armored vehicles, something with actual armor at the same BR would be nice.

Just 2 minutes short, I'm typing too slow xDD

Edited by Stuhlfleisch

US:

Spoiler

M3A5 Lee (thicker armor than the M3 Lee & the 75mm gun is replaced by an M3 75mm Cannon same as the Sherman)

M3A3 Stuart (Like the one from the Chinese server)

T6 (Sherman prototype with an M2 75mm gun)

T77 (Chaffee converted to an SPAA equipped with 6 50.cals)

M6A2E1 Mutant (Heavily modified M6A1 with a new turret, Sloped armor, & a 105mm cannon from the T29)

Thunderbolt Mk.VII (A Jumbo with more armored plating's attached)

M7 Priest (A US SPG with a 105mm Howitzer)

Germany:

Spoiler

Panzer.II J (A Heavy Light Tank with 80mm's of armor on the front & a 20mm autocannon)

Panther.II with the 75mm gun (what the Panther.II was originally meant to have)

USSR:

Spoiler

IS-2M 1957 (The last modified IS-2 with new sloped shoulders, upgraded engine, & BR-471D rounds)

TG-1 Multi-Turret tank (Another Russian Multi-turret tank made by a madman!)

UK:

Spoiler

TOG.1 (Super Heavy Tank with a Matilda turret & 3 40mm 2pdr's & a 75mm Howitzer straight off from a Char B1)

TOG.2 (Upgraded version with the Sponsons removed, added thicker armor, & replaced the matilda turret with an A30 Challenger turret + equipped with a 76.2mm cannon)

Churchill NA.75 (A Churchill tank modified with a Sherman-style turret & a Sherman 75mm gun)

Churchill Mk.VIII (Same armor as the Mk.VII but with a 95mm Howitzer)

Churchill AVRE (Again, same armor as the Mk.VII but now with the 165mm Howitzer like the Centurion AVRE)

Bishop (Basically the British version of the KV-2 but with a 82mm Howitzer)

Skink (Sherman tank converted into an SPAA with Quad 20mm autocannons)

Japan:

Spoiler

O-I (Super Heavy Tank with double layered armor on the front & back + 150mm Howitzer in the main turret & 2 47mm cannons in the 2 mini-turrets on the front & 1 MG turret at the back)

Ho-Ni.II (Another Ho-Ni tank but now with a 105mm Howitzer)

Ho-Ri 1 (The first version of the Ho-Ri using the Chi-Ri Chasis)

Chi-Se (Japan's answer to the Panther & the Pershing, using the Chasis & the 105mm gun from the Ho-Ri III but using an up-armored version of the Chi-Ri turret)

Italy:

Spoiler

Fiat 3000 (A heavily modified FT-17 tank with 21km/h speed & a higher velocity 37mm gun same as the M11/39

Fiat 2000 Mod (Italy's REAL Heavy tank equipped with a 65mm Howitzer & 2 37mm cannons)

M16/43 (The Last Italian medium tank. looks kinda like a British Crusader tank)

Italian Panther (Suppose to be an Italian copy of the German Panther)

France:

Spoiler

FCM 2C (Super Heavy Tank with a large crew of 12 & 75mm Gun similar to the SAu.40)

FCM 2C Bis (Modified with a Cubed-shaped turret & replaced the gun with a 155mm Howitzer)

FCM 2C Lorraine (Modified with extra armor plating's)

S.40 (A prototype tank that was meant to replace the S.35)

ARL-40 (an SPG similar to the SAu.40 but with a Char B1 Chasis)

AMX-13-105 (Another AMX-13 tank but now with a 105mm cannon equipped)

M4A1 SA51 (The other Super Sherman now with a 105mm Cannon equipped)

add the ELC series.

Possibly some Armored Cars.

ARL-44 ACL-1 with US 76mm (Supposedly that theirs another ARL-44 but equipped with a US 76mm gun from an M4A1 Sherman)

Edited by *cartman400
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, *cartman400 said:

US:

Reveal hidden contents

M3A5 Lee (thicker armor than the M3 Lee & the 75mm gun is replaced by an M3 75mm Cannon same as the Sherman)

M3A3 Stuart (Like the one from the Chinese server)

T6 (Sherman prototype with an M2 75mm gun)

T77 (Chaffee converted to an SPAA equipped with 6 50.cals)

M6A2E1 Mutant (Heavily modified M6A1 with a new turret, Sloped armor, & a 105mm cannon from the T29)

Thunderbolt Mk.VII (A Jumbo with more armored plating's attached)

M7 Priest (A US SPG with a 105mm Howitzer)

Germany:

Reveal hidden contents

Panzer.II J (A Heavy Light Tank with 80mm's of armor on the front & a 20mm autocannon)

Panther.II with the 75mm gun (what the Panther.II was originally meant to have)

USSR:

Reveal hidden contents

IS-2M 1957 (The last modified IS-2 with new sloped shoulders, upgraded engine, & BR-471D rounds)

TG-1 Multi-Turret tank (Another Russian Multi-turret tank made by a madman!)

UK:

Reveal hidden contents

TOG.1 (Super Heavy Tank with a Matilda turret & 3 40mm 2pdr's & a 75mm Howitzer straight off from a Char B1)

TOG.2 (Upgraded version with the Sponsons removed, added thicker armor, & replaced the matilda turret with an A30 Challenger turret + equipped with a 76.2mm cannon)

Churchill NA.75 (A Churchill tank modified with a Sherman-style turret & a Sherman 75mm gun)

Churchill Mk.VIII (Same armor as the Mk.VII but with a 95mm Howitzer)

Churchill AVRE (Again, same armor as the Mk.VII but now with the 165mm Howitzer like the Centurion AVRE)

Bishop (Basically the British version of the KV-2 but with a 82mm Howitzer)

Skink (Sherman tank converted into an SPAA with Quad 20mm autocannons)

Japan:

Reveal hidden contents

O-I (Super Heavy Tank with double layered armor on the front & back + 150mm Howitzer in the main turret & 2 47mm cannons in the 2 mini-turrets on the front & 1 MG turret at the back)

Ho-Ni.II (Another Ho-Ni tank but now with a 105mm Howitzer)

Ho-Ri 1 (The first version of the Ho-Ri using the Chi-Ri Chasis)

Chi-Se (Japan's answer to the Panther & the Pershing, using the Chasis & the 105mm gun from the Ho-Ri III but using an up-armored version of the Chi-Ri turret)

Italy:

Reveal hidden contents

Fiat 3000 (A heavily modified FT-17 tank with 21km/h speed & a higher velocity 37mm gun same as the M11/39

Fiat 2000 Mod (Italy's REAL Heavy tank equipped with a 65mm Howitzer & 2 37mm cannons)

M16/43 (The Last Italian medium tank. looks kinda like a British Crusader tank)

Italian Panther (Suppose to be an Italian copy of the German Panther)

France:

Reveal hidden contents

First of all... Fix the front armor on the S.35 & give it add-on armor.

FCM 2C (Super Heavy Tank with a large crew of 12 & 75mm Gun similar to the SAu.40)

FCM 2C Bis (Modified with a Cubed-shaped turret & replaced the gun with a 155mm Howitzer)

FCM 2C Lorraine (Modified with extra armor plating's)

S.40 (A prototype tank that was meant to replace the S.35)

ARL-40 (an SPG similar to the SAu.40 but with a Char B1 Chasis)

AMX-13-105 (Another AMX-13 tank but now with a 105mm cannon equipped)

M4A1 SA51 (The other Super Sherman now with a 105mm Cannon equipped)

add the ELC series.

Possibly some Armored Cars.

ARL-44 ACL-1 with US 76mm (Supposedly that theirs another ARL-44 but equipped with a US 76mm gun from an M4A1 Sherman)

The Italian Panther is like "unicorn" it never existed because the general staff of the Italian royal army thought it was "useless"

however the project provided for a turret and hull equal to the German Panther built under license in Italy,

the Italian 90mm cannon of derivation naval.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

we will see how this goes, not 100% sure if its a good idea or not yet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Hey this is pretty cool. I wish to see Type10, EC mode soon, BBs, and F4s.

Oh yes and electronic warfare.

Edited by Fireraid233
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am biased and not ashamed to say it. :)

I would love me some big boys such as the Sturmtiger, and the 150mm Hummel self-propelled Howitzer.

As for mechanics, I think it would be nice if every RB Air map was updated to include bomber exit points. As far as I know (or at least as I played) there is currently only one with those points in rotation. Taking off of the airfield after rearming is virtually a death sentence for bombers in current RB Air.

Another mechanic; see spawn protection and I will refer to the mega thread for that and not derail this one here. :)

Also, it would be nice if certain SPAA AP belts (or airplane AP belts like the Mk103 one) would include more AP for the name.

Might think of some more.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Stahlvormund101 said:

As for mechanics, I think it would be nice if every RB Air map was updated to include bomber exit points. As far as I know (or at least as I played) there is currently only one with those points in rotation. Taking off of the airfield after rearming is virtually a death sentence for bombers in current RB Air.

Might think of some more.

Yeah, this would be a great idea, but I don't think the fighter players would let us have something like that. 

In terms of new vehicles I'd like to see added in 1.91, I definitely want to see the B-26 Marauder for the US, the Ju-86 and Ju-89 for Germany, Armstrong Whitley for UK. 

In terms of "pie in the sky," I want to see B-47, B-52, Handley Page Victor, Tu-95, just for bombers which easily fit within our current time frame. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

Hey this is pretty cool. I wish to see Type10, EC mode soon, BBs, and F4s.

Oh yes and electronic warfare.

Im too expecting Type 10 and you know WT will be the first game to have Type 90 and 10 ingame,so they need to make a big announcement.

1 hour ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Double standards?:lol2:.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

Im too expecting Type 10 and you know WT will be the first game to have Type 90 and 10 ingame,so they need to make a big announcement.

Personally I don't think that Type 10 being added will be that much hype for anyone outside Japanese-tree players, so I don't think they'll make it the focus of any big announcement. 

13 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Personally I don't think that Type 10 being added will be that much hype for anyone outside Japanese-tree players, so I don't think they'll make it the focus of any big announcement. 

The problem with Type 10 being so modern is that it never used any of the older rounds, such as JM33, but instead JM43 etc.

I would rather see a variant of the Type 90 in the game, or somehow an improved version of it in terms of armor.

Maybe, when we go to the lengths of Leo 2A7+, Abrams M1A2 SEP V3, T14 Armata etc we will see Type 10.

13 hours ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

Well, IF the ground BR for top tier are gonna be at last decompressed, this is what i see incoming:
USSR:      T-80U  10.0 >>> 10.3
US:           M1A1 10.0 >>> 10.3
UK:          Challenger 2 10.0 >>> 10.3
Germany: Leo 2A5 10.0 >>> 10.7
France:    Leclerc 10.0 >>> 10.7

Italy:        Ariete 10.0 >>> 10.3
Japan:    Type 90 >>> 10.3

In terms of vehicle additions i expect the inroduction of T-90A and M1A2 for US and USSR players in order to be competitive with germany, and the latter getting Leo 2A4 (1987) to fill the 10.3 gap. 

In terms of wishes, i´d like some BMP-3 or Obj 685, but above everything else i want NEW BIGGER MAPS MORE SUITABLE FOR GROUND TOP TIER. 

M1A1 should stay at 10.0

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nightshriker said:

The problem with Type 10 being so modern is that it never used any of the older rounds, such as JM33, but instead JM43 etc.

I would rather see a variant of the Type 90 in the game, or somehow an improved version of it in terms of armor.

Maybe, when we go to the lengths of Leo 2A7+, Abrams M1A2 SEP V3, T14 Armata etc we will see Type 10.

No, Type 10 isn't anywhere near these tanks in terms of War Thunder gameplay and meta. What's the maximum penetrating round we have in game now? Somewhere around 650mm right?What would JM43 be? Somewhere around there, a bit higher? That's fine, considering it gets basically Type 90 armor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

No, Type 10 isn't anywhere near these tanks in terms of War Thunder gameplay and meta. What's the maximum penetrating round we have in game now? Somewhere around 650mm right?What would JM43 be? Somewhere around there, a bit higher? That's fine, considering it gets basically Type 90 armor. 

That 650mm happens to be Heat-fs not apdsfs. And this game does not need more pen all armor tanks.

Edited by Manfred_Albrech
  • Confused 1

Type-10 can fire JM33 no problem. The next round in order is called unironically "Type 10 APFSDS" with reported ~720mm of penetration at either 0m or 2km based on where you look. That's DM53 values right there, not DM43.

Considering that 2A4 in game fires rounds it never used, ya know... everything's possible.

I'd rather see a Type-10 w/JM33 but that's just my own opinion.

Why? Because it would be comparable to 2A4C when it comes to armour (honestly that's just an assumption but given how much it weights, i don't see it having armor similar to 2A5 or Leclerc FYI, definietly not on the turret, but i'd give it ~400mm hull and ~500/550mm turret for starters)

Nope. All of them would outclass Type-10 NGL. It could be introduced ASAP w/JM33 and still be reasonably balanced (defnietly more than 2A5 was on the release)

• Upvote 2
medal medal

1 minute ago, Stavroforos said:

Um no I'm pretty sure the APFSDS round from the Ariete pens around there. 

622mm pen, still dont need to add more pen all shell especially over 650mm

• magazine2 changed the title to 1.99 and onwards Wishlisting and discussion
  • CakeJuniorMan changed the title to For the next update may you add these Radar SPAA tank vehicles for the Chinese Tech-tree please?