• Maybe / I Don't Know
    • No, I Would Like A Different East German Subtree
    • No, I Would Like East German Vehicles To Be Added In A Different Way
    • No, I Don't Want East German Vehicles
    • No, I Don't Want Beutepanzers
    • No (Other Reasons)
    • Other (Please Comment)

1 minute ago, DMYEugen said:

What are you even talking about? This is a suggestion about making a subtree consisting mostly of Russian vehicles in the German tech tree. This isn't about historical significance. It's about game balance. This subtree suggests that some of the most iconic Russian vehicles should be put into the German tree. Do you not comprehend how that could be a problem for the Russian tech tree's player pull? By imposing a the restriction I'm suggesting has no historical ties. I'm suggesting this restriction because German mains should not get access to powerful Russian vehicles without having first experienced their original tree. This is the end of this conversation. I'm not going to continue this pointless discussion.

"powerfull"... that's why the GDR vehicles must not be in the German tree without restrictions??? you rigth, this discussion is pointless, from who can't differentiate vehicle performance from export variants of main land vehicles, calling them as "powerfull"...

GDR vehicles as "subtree" in German techtree, is rather meaningless... but adding restrictions to them untill you research the soviet techtree bcuz muh hurr durr rasshian vehiculz, is rather dictatorship...

its like i would say to buy a P2W Tier VI tank, you must research the F2P tech tree to Tier VI level first... but its ok...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'll be fine with adding even more DDR and West German (technically copypaste) vehicles to the game... 

With one exception:

You can't use both sides together (excluding WW2 Nazi Germany) in a single lineup or combo. 

AND

They have to face each other in NATO vs Warsaw historical matchmaking.

r/Warthunder - Gaijin, It is time to finally split matchmaking between PRC/ROC and GDR/GFR planes in air battles at top tier, and give some nations (like Japan) flags proper to the time period

Edited by VehicIe
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal

• Technical Moderator

There is much better way to implement NVA vehicles.

985939255_shot2021_08_0716_41_27.thumb.j

It is unlocking this decal for Soviet.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 3

I don't see any good reason to add East German subtree. Considering the volume and quality of German ground vehicles and tech tree itself, there is no clear reason to add another subtree.

Also that eliminates need for research USSR tech tree, and we have already experienced some of such cases through Chinese tech tree. If you want to have USSR ground vehicles, then you can research them with their equipment, not with german one. And remember that all USSR players were willing to accept it at their own choice.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 07/08/2021 at 01:53, VehicIe said:

I'll be fine with adding even more DDR and West German (technically copypaste) vehicles to the game... 

With one exception:

You can't use both sides together (excluding WW2 Nazi Germany) in a single lineup or combo. 

AND

They have to face each other in NATO vs Warsaw historical matchmaking.

r/Warthunder - Gaijin, It is time to finally split matchmaking between PRC/ROC and GDR/GFR planes in air battles at top tier, and give some nations (like Japan) flags proper to the time period

Absolutely agreed. I've been working on a similar concept for Spain, where for the first two tiers you can only use vehicles from a set of lines. It's a bit out there, but it makes sense in my head.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, yes and no...

i agree with the idea of giving Germany certain captured/NVA vehicles, since they used them, but i would be a bit more picky regarding them. For instance the conversions (mostly low tier) are all around "yes", those vehicles wouldn't have much problem regarding balance or problems in SB. As for the GDR stuff, im not a big fan or carbon copy vehicles in other trees, but since Gaijin is already working in GDR aircraft (Mig23ML) for Germany...i say they'll eventually come to the game.

• Upvote 2
medal

On 06/08/2021 at 21:59, BadassOscar94 said:

Can we get the finnisch vehicles in the swedisch TT then?? And not the german.

well depend on the eras of the vehicle as finnish in ww2 was somewhat of an allies to germany being they had common enemy.

5 hours ago, BlinMachine11 said:

Why bother playing russia if you can just grind the entire thing in germany?

:crazy:

because you can get alot version GDR didnt have? the last gdr vehicle was t-72s and T-10m, im sure people want later t-72 and t-80,t-90 or bunch of other vehicle. 

medal

19 hours ago, BlinMachine11 said:

Why bother playing russia if you can just grind the entire thing in germany?

:crazy:

im trying to find the T-80BVM for the german tech tree, where i can find the serkit dokumitz??

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, NecroReaper said:

Perhaps give some of the more unique East German vehicles to the Soviet tree instead?

the East German vehicles ended in the West German side after the end of USSR

• Upvote 1

Im all for supporting some more Beutepanzer's to be added (probably as premiums) but regarding vehicles of the DDR, many of them (not ALL of them) were either the same in every way as the soviet Vehicles or were export models of soviet vehicles. I am also seeing it more plausible to add some unique East German vehicles to the Soviet tree and other "copy-paste" Soviet vehicles to be implemented in the Soviet Techtree directly.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, the US had literally almost every major Soviet cold war era aircraft, helicopter and tank / apc. MiG-15 - MiG 29 and Su-27. T-55 - T-72 and T-80. BMPs and Mi-24s. USAF Test and Evaluation Squadrons "Red Hats / Red Eagles" + Army OPFOR units. They had even had unique service designations, example YF-113 = MiG-23. So we're gonna have the Soviet capture line in the US tree also in the future. :lol:

In seriousness I think DDR and Warsaw Pact has a place. However, just ramming them into the normal German tree is meh ... I think, they might need their own tree.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

36 minutes ago, SturmWerwolf said:

Well, the US had literally almost every major Soviet cold war era aircraft, helicopter and tank / apc. MiG-15 - MiG 29 and Su-27. T-55 - T-72 and T-80. BMPs and Mi-24s. USAF Test and Evaluation Squadrons "Red Hats / Red Eagles" + Army OPFOR units. They had even had unique service designations, example YF-113 = MiG-23. So we're gonna have the Soviet capture line in the US tree also in the future. :lol:

In seriousness I think DDR and Warsaw Pact has a place. However, just ramming them into the normal German tree is meh ... I think, they might need their own tree.

well im fine with US having all of that vehicle but only if its separated and match up with USSR/warsaw pact country. 

medal

57 minutes ago, RavensDoor said:

Im all for supporting some more Beutepanzer's to be added (probably as premiums) but regarding vehicles of the DDR, many of them (not ALL of them) were either the same in every way as the soviet Vehicles or were export models of soviet vehicles. I am also seeing it more plausible to add some unique East German vehicles to the Soviet tree and other "copy-paste" Soviet vehicles to be implemented in the Soviet Techtree directly.

we already have east germany jet fighter for germany and dev QnA has said more will come such mig 21 bis and maybe mig-23mf when russia get mig-25, its always been one step behind. 

america vehicle are literally everywhere on the tech tree, adding gdr vehicle and making it MATCH UP only with USSR or Warsaw pact are all good and fine.

• Upvote 2
medal

On 13/08/2021 at 00:47, zSektor92 said:

the East German vehicles ended in the West German side after the end of USSR

True, but that has little bearing on what tech tree they should be in since they are mostly Soviet vehicles anyway. Many of the WW2 tanks of Germany ended up in the hands of Brits, Americans and Soviets after the war.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’d support this however I think Beutepanzers should be mostly premium/event vehicles but I think basic export models of Soviet vehicles in the East German tree are okay. East German T-72M variants, T-55AM, the BMP-2, 9P110 vehicle, Strela or Osa or something along these lines. +1

Edited by Yontzee
  • Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hmm, idk about this one. The early war stuff are fine, but the tons of copy paste soviet tanks can either be an event premium in the soviet tree or simply a skin for the soviets. Germany doesn't need a bunch of those tanks since they already have things covering their holes. For the unique stuff I'd give a +1, for the copy paste soviets -1.

medal medal medal medal medal

I’d love some east german vehicles. I’m not saying to do smth like the americans with israeli vehicles, or like british with south african ones that is dificult to make sense, or like sweeden and china… but just give germany its historical army tanks. What the hell, what is this hate about germany having its own ****!

medal

2 hours ago, zizo246 said:

I’d love some east german vehicles. I’m not saying to do smth like the americans with israeli vehicles, or like british with south african ones that is dificult to make sense, or like sweeden and china… but just give germany its historical army tanks. What the hell, what is this hate about germany having its own ****!

Imagine having the whole Soviet tier 4-7 tanks in German's tech tree, what's the point of playing the Soviets again?

One or two copy pasted vehicle is fine, but a whole line isn't an option for a nation that barely lacked those lineup. Having pretty much a whole line of nothing but copy pasted vehicles will just ruin the main tree where those things came from, especially knowing that Germany doesn't even lack vehicles around their top tiers. If they're lacking vehicles like, say, Japan with their tier 3-4 vehicles, then it's fine to use copy pasted vehicles. But as long as they're not lacking those BR ranges, I don't think it's fair for the "source" country to have almost all of their vehicles in another nation's tech tree.

I mean, who would prefer going with just Soviet tanks when you can mismatch and spice up your lineup with both German and Soviet tanks?

In the end, I still prefer having the minor nation's unique flavours or a heavily modified foreign tank (like that Char B1 modified by the Germans to equip a howitzer for example) rather than having vehicles which are pretty much identical to their original. Also, in the files we have a ton of captured aircraft like a German B-17 and other stuff that has been there since probably the early air only days. And well it's probably won't come into the tree anytime soon or ever since it's not needed anymore.

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, EXTOR_9 said:

I mean, who would prefer going with just Soviet tanks when you can mismatch and spice up your lineup with both German and Soviet tanks?

This reason is why I suggested that the subtree only become available once you've researched at least Russian Rank IV. This way, players still get far enough into the Russian tech tree to consider continuing its grind.

Another, more extreme, option is making it so players have to research the Russian vehicle before they can research the German counterpart. This ensures that players get to Russian top-tier before they can gain access to top-of-the-line East German vehicles, at which point they'd likely consider exploring the rest of the Russian tech tree as there are plenty other Russian vehicles that East Germany never had. 

I agree that Germany really doesn't need the line, but I feel that it wouldn't hurt if implemented in a way that doesn't take away from the Russian tree.

Edited by DMYEugen
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal