Unionists your boycott has failed

PEAKVIRGIN

Given the average quality of most of the players, it's hardly surprising.

Only some veterans who care about the future of the game (and few hotheads) have led this campaign (nothing concrete will change, but still manages to reveal the Company's true face)

Personally, I'm not going to change my habits: playing normally to support Warthunder, spending nothing (in real money) to protest against Gaijin.

Few days of "strike" isn't going to change anything (like in real life), you need to play the long game and hit where it really hurts (money).

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, infomatec said:

Given the average quality of most of the players, it's hardly surprising.

Only some veterans who care about the future of the game (and few hotheads) have led this campaign (nothing concrete will change, but still manages to reveal the Company's true face)

Personally, I'm not going to change my habits: playing normally to support Warthunder, spending nothing (in real money) to protest against Gaijin.

Few days of "strike" isn't going to change anything (like in real life), you need to play the long game and hit where it really hurts (money).

Yes, I haven't spent a euro since 2016 or 2017 either, because I don't like the approach that the game takes.
Likewise, I sympathize with the majority of the community and if I have to stay for days without playing I will do it, after more than 50,000 battles it does not mean anything to me to spend one or two days without playing, if there is a small possibility that something will change with this, why not ?
In more than ten years that I have been in this game, this is the first time that I have seen a united community in something, why not help no matter how little?
I'm not recriminating anything, you simply give your opinion and I give mine.
greetings.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, PEAKVIRGIN said:

around 4k and its still going down 

The player numbers you see in the hangar are lying. I thought everyone would have realised by now.

I would be pretty alarmed actually if I were a Gaijin employee. In the past 12 months WT peaked at 113000 players on Steam in april and it dropped by 42000 players since then. That's a massive loss of players and it keeps going down every day. Thats an entire 2022-2023 worth of player base growth lost in a single month!

823853682_Screenshot2023-05-26at17-02-58

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

I did my dailies, and the last task for pages of history (would hate to have done 7 tasks for nothing...) and logged off.... On a sidenote, making the last task for a ww2 pages of history profile pic doable with F4F Phantom only seems kinda greed-driven to me... how many people can actually get that last step through playing, how many do they expect to just buy that last step?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, fiuu said:

Likewise, I sympathize with the majority of the community and if I have to stay for days without playing I will do it, after more than 50,000 battles it does not mean anything to me to spend one or two days without playing, if there is a small possibility that something will change with this, why not ?

13 minutes ago, bananomet said:

The player numbers you see in the hangar are lying.

What matters isn't the number of players present, but their quality. They've still lost a significant number of their customers (who spend) and good (non-toxic) players with their practices.
let Gaijin enjoy their thousands of cheap players (like me), partners, cheaters and newcomers who'll find out why seasoned players are fed up and quit after 50 hours.

• Like 4

Jesus christ, that is some tier 3 level simping, and all that for a multimillion dollar business...

i hope you're getting payed because i wouldn't do this for free if i were you.

Edited by LD_FR
corrections
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, bananomet said:

The player numbers you see in the hangar are lying. I thought everyone would have realised by now.

In what way? I am pretty sure the hangar number represents all platforms, including consoles as this game is cross platform.
If you take the steam graph into consideration then steam makes up for roughly 50% of the playerbase as of right now.

WT PLAYER NUMBERS.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, PEAKVIRGIN said:

i will not agree with that after looking at wtpu discord for more than half sec 

I mean in-game...but I guess you know what I mean 

2 minutes ago, LD_FR said:

Jesus christ, that is some tier 3 level simping ...

At least Gaijin is answering us here through his "loyalists" confused.png.ee296a00b3c9a2e9017aa0e5782

That's funny lol, despite the problems with war thunder, But  why would everyone uninstall the game and never plays until couple of weeks, losing daily reward, your fun game after a hard day at work.. that's just stupid 

awaiting hahah reacts ? 

Edited by Threashold
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2
medal

6 minutes ago, infomatec said:

I mean in-game...but I guess you know what I mean 

At least Gaijin is answering us here through his "loyalists"  confused.png.ee296a00b3c9a2e9017aa0e5782

hey, i'd rather have him than "anyuser", that bloke is on another level of existence.

medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Threashold said:

That's funny lol, despite the problems with war thunder, But  why would everyone uninstall the game and never plays until couple of weeks, losing daily reward, your fun game after a hard day at work.. that's just stupid 

awaiting hahah reacts ? 

To see what is the players strength of will to obtain changes.

If players cannot skip a day in WT so no changes will be applied next patch. Or nothing significative at least.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Waelse said:

To see what is the players strength of will to obtain changes.

If players cannot skip a day in WT so no changes will be applied next patch. Or nothing significative at least.

I doubt it matters much, the people that wouldn't play WT due to the sheduled protests werent going to provide income for gaijin anyway, there are enough people that do not engage in the community to sustain the game for a while (income wise).

This is why gaijin panicked over the "review bombing", disengaged and new players were far more likely to catch on the shadiness of the situation WT is in when it was exposed to the wider public, now that it is contained within the WT community, gaijin has the momentary upper hand (this may come crashing down on them again once steam re allows reviews to be published.)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Do you expect predditor freaks and the grifters in that shill discord to accomplish anything? You don't boycott free access games by not playing. If you want to accomplish something by peaceful means you're out of luck

• Upvote 2
medal

1 hour ago, _J_ackal_ said:

Do you expect predditor freaks and the grifters in that shill discord to accomplish anything? You don't boycott free access games by not playing. If you want to accomplish something by peaceful means you're out of luck

We did it Reddit! /s

No surprise that a vocal minority accomplished nothing but further discredit what little credibility they had left. Sure the community isn't happy about how the game has been going, but that discord is nothing but actual derangement. 

Last I was in there, there was talk about hiring a legal team to investigate misrepresentation of player numbers or something along those lines. The touching of grass was never factored into their decision making and it shows. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

16 minutes ago, AlfiestheName said:

We did it Reddit! /s

No surprise that a vocal minority accomplished nothing but further discredit what little credibility they had left. Sure the community isn't happy about how the game has been going, but that discord is nothing but actual derangement. 

Last I was in there, there was talk about hiring a legal team to investigate misrepresentation of player numbers or something along those lines. The touching of grass was never factored into their decision making and it shows. 

Larpers and grifters. Every movement gets filled with them. Sad reality

• Upvote 1
medal