Unionists your boycott has failed

PEAKVIRGIN

There was a small loss in playerbase.
But what, you guys really think all the playerbase read the damn forum?

A majority of the players don't even know there's a player. Hell, you even have some parents just playing this game once or twice a day just to relax and because they like planes and that's it.

Trying to use a boycott is like trying to use the Speech about Friendship and Love to appeal to an Eldrich abomination.

You will at best be ignored, at worst just stomped  like a bug...

Meanwhile, the steam reviews suddently plummeting did had an effect and actually forced them to react. But honestly? The ones who decide at the top don't give two **** about us and just want "MOAR MUNEY" like a good cliché of moustache twirling vilain.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Leafleap said:

In what way? I am pretty sure the hangar number represents all platforms, including consoles as this game is cross platform.
If you take the steam graph into consideration then steam makes up for roughly 50% of the playerbase as of right now.

WT PLAYER NUMBERS.jpg

Yes I know that.

I also stated specifically on Steam.

You gotta be joking though. The numbers of players in hangar is ever increasing yet on Steam they lost almost 50 % past month and that was before people started doing this silly boycot. Yeah that makes sense.

Not only that but multiple times I'd ask my friend (when he was still playing WT a year ago, but left due to bad economy) what the numbers say in his hangar and compared to what its showing to me and it was always a mismatch of couple thousand players.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Which is exactly the reason why this Game will never change.

From what i heard there have been well over 90k players online with 2k battles at almost any given hours, that alone shows you how the comunity as a whole doesnt care about changes.

So since Gaijin only looks at spreadsheet Data they will take this as a win and crank the SL/RP gains back down to make everyone suffer more through the Grind.

As many mentioned only 10% of the playerbase is on the forums less on reddit and there are even those who think nothing is wrong its a "free" game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, bananomet said:

The player numbers you see in the hangar are lying. I thought everyone would have realised by now.

I would be pretty alarmed actually if I were a Gaijin employee. In the past 12 months WT peaked at 113000 players on Steam in april and it dropped by 42000 players since then. That's a massive loss of players and it keeps going down every day. Thats an entire 2022-2023 worth of player base growth lost in a single month!

823853682_Screenshot2023-05-26at17-02-58

steam graphs only report the people playing *on steam*. Not the standalone War Thunder launcher (like me) not Consoles. the population in the hanger is much more accurate. 

medal medal

Why do i give a damn? i stop playing not because of boycott anyway.

Gaijin are the lost cause.

Edited by ARK_BOI
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It was kinda ridiculous to calling "boycott" in F2P games even there are tons of casual players that doesn't use Reddit for gaming.

Also, Asian players doesn't use Reddit for communication to other peoples and friends because they has their own SNS, Forum, BBS etc such as Tibea.

Edited by WheelchairGamer
medal medal medal

17 hours ago, fiuu said:

Yes, I haven't spent a euro since 2016 or 2017 either, ...

Thank you for free loading.

Just remember - if you aren't paying for the product then you ARE the product!

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, TheMightySardine said:

If you´d pay a bit more attention, you would know that the strike got postponed until the roadmap annoucement.

No sadly it wasnt the poll that was made by wtpu said to continue bombing and strike even on their discord they called for boycott on may 26 there is even event put on discord 

• Confused 1

War Thunder is following the same cost model of other large online video games, friendly reminder that capitalism does not demand a hefty profit be made from sales, capitalism demands as much profit as physically possible, and shooting themselves in the foot and ruining their reputation is worth it when they can impress shareholders with short term gains.

They're legit and playing the system as intended, it ruins everything doesn't it? If you want a dirt cheap combined arms game with lots of tanks you can find them, they're just old.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

11 hours ago, KuroNyra said:

Hell, you even have some parents just playing this game once or twice a day just to relax and because they like planes and that's it.

This is my demographic. I don't play to grind, I play to have fun. I just started playing though. For me it is just a way to unwind, and relax before dealing with every day stuff with my kids. I'm usually playing when they are taking their naps, or at school, or when I get home from my night shift.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm kinda waiting how Blizzards new D4 will nickel and dime it's players over the next year or 2 since starts next week. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I like how a Friday was chosen for this one. You know, we got people who play every day and we got people more playing at the weekends when they got time for it.

I like even more how a Friday of a prolonged weekend (at last in many countries) was chosen for this one, when many people will pack kids and stuff together for a short time vacation and drive off.

You could call that trying to fake numbers by choosing the "right" day.

And comparing numbers for warm summer like evenings with winter numbers - do we have to talk about that one?

But it failed and now we are at "Gaijin tries to fake numbers". With people being shocked it didn't worked.

Srsly, Reddit is reddit.

Nobody outside of reddit cares about reddit.

It is like pretending Twitter trends are a representative real time poll for certain topics, while in reality nobody gives a ****.

Outside of a small bubble nobody even noticed this attempt.

5 hours ago, Waelse said:

This video is so delusional and stupid...

And the comments are even worse.

That I call a bubble where everyone tries to comfort everyone...

Edited by anyuser
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 26/05/2023 at 18:10, Waelse said:

To see what is the players strength of will to obtain changes.

If players cannot skip a day in WT so no changes will be applied next patch. Or nothing significative at least.

You might be expecting more than what we can do.