Battlerating Overview updated

Quax0815

I would love to give them more credit, but it is difficult when we have a +1.33 margin of plane.  I never minded being out played by someone better in a similar plane, but this isn't happening anymore when my T1's (best weapon 7.7mm's) are paired against 37mm cannons.  The notion that any skill on my behalf is going to compensate for the better turn, air speed or guns of the opposition is just plainly bending credibility.  At the end of the day the margin is simply way to much.  I'm not sure why it takes rocket scientists to see what is evident to the layman's eyes.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, Quax0815!

I've posted your chart many times for different threads, but couldn't remember who made it!  

You rock!!

You wouldn't have this in a csv file or something, would you?

medal medal medal

I can't find the older version in the German thread, both links seems to have the pdf with latest version "  WarT Rank Colored 1.37.42.5.pdf" , i was trying to compare the changes for the Japanese tree :

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/97577-patch-137421-br-reward-and-repair-prices-changes-for-japanese-planes-in-ab/

Having some data missing it might help me a bit.

thanks 

medal medal medal medal

My B-24D (1940 aircraft) has a battle rating of 6.0. What justifies it being that high (and literally facing 1945/Korean era jets every other game) is beyond me.

Same deal with the Lancaster.   

I'm not even going to talk about the Arado, may the Po-2 and TB-3 gods help its poor soul.

Meanwhile the Yer's sit at BR 4.7 with a bomb load that literally dwarfs my Liberator's.

GG Gaijin, GG.

• Upvote 1

My B-24D (1940 aircraft) has a battle rating of 6.0. What justifies it being that high (and literally facing 1945/Korean era jets every other game) is beyond me.

Same deal with the Lancaster.   

I'm not even going to talk about the Arado, may the Po-2 and TB-3 gods help its poor soul.

Meanwhile the Yer's sit at BR 4.7 with a bomb load that literally dwarfs my Liberator's.

GG Gaijin, GG.

well gaijin has made it clear with 1.37, and especially clear with this latest patch, exactly what they think of their player base (many of whom have payed them money)

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal

I can't find the older version in the German thread, both links seems to have the pdf with latest version "  WarT Rank Colored 1.37.42.5.pdf" , i was trying to compare the changes for the Japanese tree :

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/97577-patch-137421-br-reward-and-repair-prices-changes-for-japanese-planes-in-ab/

Having some data missing it might help me a bit.

thanks 

Sorry I messed up the links in the german thread.

Should be ok now.

• Upvote 2
medal

Thanks, got it , really too bad i didn't made screenshots of the entire Japaneses planes stats before this patch, had made my life easier to compare this.

Anyways thanks a lot man 

medal medal medal medal

this whole thing is a disaster, why have tiers if you are going to use the BR? tier I should be tier I, and it should fight tier I, none of this uptier, player based, ephemeral efficiency crap, which is what it is, complete and utter crap. before this update, you could live with 1.37, now it has gone completely nuts, off the rails and full of crap, oh and the BR isn't even fairly assigned, look at the german jets vs sabres etc.

And its really screwed up since the research penalty is based on tiers, not BR.

lol lol lol

Edited by Aceplayer
  • Upvote 2

Again the point of the BR being separate from the tier is to provide much more flexibility to the whole system. 

Yes, you could match aircraft based on tier if you wanted to, but then if you want to move an aircraft up or down, as they have in the past, you have to change the tier that it is unlocked at as well. With the new system the progression and RP cost of the plane doesn't need to change, only the BR number needs to change. This also allows planes to be balanced between different modes, which is also impossible to do under the old system. Also remember that planes have always been matched based on their performance in game, even under the old system.

And of course if planes can only see things in their tier, that breaks the whole point of BR ratings, since the only way to move a plane up in matchmaking then is to move it up a tier, which means more time to unlock it and potentially hurts the smoothness of progression down trees.

So yes, the new system is better just because it adds more flexibility to how planes are tiered and balanced. Over time as they adjust numbers and make improvements there is no reason the current system couldn't be better than the old one.

WOW you drank the koolaid... Advancing a plane through the tier system.. Not sure what you are trying to do take a tier 2 plane against tier 4 planes.. Perhaps tier 1 planes against tier 3 planes.. But if you wanted to do that you should just make a dynamic system of CHOICE not smash planes into tiers they have no business in because the pilot has been building a good record.  There is soooo many reason this system does not work I been counting my toes over and over.. done lost count.

Having a BR system should have nothing to do with how you are as a pilot but how planes will perform. Your flight skills should have 0 reflection on what planes you will have to face in a battle. The Arcade system has gone down the proverbial drain with the new MM system. In Realistic you get matched far better and don't have to face planes with twice the firepower over the plane your flying. They have close BR scores.. Bad pilots crash and get gone good pilots fight it out to the end. I have enjoyed those games better mainly because the Arcade is broken hard with this bad idea MM system. Putting planes with pilots into a B.S. score system to match bad pilots with great planes, against good pilots with so so planes.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I added a new file with the newest BR-changes for the Kingcobras in the first post.

Unfortunately I can't edit my signature. It seems the function is offline today.

Edited by Quax0815
medal

OOPs, the P63C-5 was not changed in Arcade. I fixed that now. Please download again if your C-5 is not BR 4.3 in the PDF.

Edited by Quax0815
medal

The Japanese tree is my least advanced, with none above Tier 2.  I was playing it a  bit yesterday and noticed I was typically facing planes far more advanced than mine.  So I took a look at the BR of my lineup.  All my planes were at BR 3.0 or lower except the AM62 Reisen, which I was a bit shocked to see was BR 3.7.  Half my planes were still Tier 1, so I had to yank the Reisen out of my lineup for now in the hopes that I wouldn't be facing Tier 3 planes.  Now the AM62 Reisen is a nice little plane, but it seems like a BIG jump from the BR of my other planes.

Yeah.. Not only are many of those Japanese planes over-tiered/(BR´ed actually) but you also seem to get worse MM while flying Japanese.... I face higher BR´ed planes far, far more often when using my Japanese than anything else.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Dear Gaijin -

I hate to point this out, but where you are failing most horribly is right here on the Tier +- 1.33 Br and the "RP"s.  The biggest problem here is it is just too hard and confusing for most people to understand.  The market you are in is very competitve, and you are just getting in your own way with how you are doing it now.  The game it self is beautiful visually. But, you have screwed the pooch on making the basic game mechanics easy and intuitive to understand.

sincerely,

Dillz

Edited by Dillz
  • Upvote 1

So if you are in a 5.3 airplane, the most you will see is 6.6? Since there is no 6.6 the next higher tier is 6.3 and you will see 6.3? How is this any different than getting in a 5.0 plane, 5.0+1.33=6.33 and seeing 6.3 enemy?

Edited by Digitalzombie

So if you are in a 5.3 airplane, the most you will see is 6.6? Since there is no 6.6 the next higher tier is 6.3 and you will see 6.3? How is this any different than getting in a 5.0 plane, 5.0+1.33=6.33 and seeing 6.3 enemy?

Because the wonders of MM will put your 5.3 in with 7.0 if you've been doing at all well recently.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Because the wonders of MM will put your 5.3 in with 7.0 if you've been doing at all well recently.

What is the definition of "doing well"? Winning?, getting lots of kills? assists? hits? ground kills? 

Why is everything so frigging arbitrary in this game? From plane flight models to damage, everything seems to follow the "because Gajin said so" rule.... 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, thats one example of an Era II plane, which has now an Era III battlerating. So even if the plane is still Era II, you are matched .33 higher, if you include the Boomerang into your set.

That means, that with the Boomerang you should expect higher Era III planes than usual, but no Era IV, because that would be against the Max-1-Era-Rule of the MM.

Just if this MM is really working according to Gajins published rules, of course.  :Ds

They lie..

It's not any different and part of the design. Anything ended in .7 sees higher BRs on average, and anything at .3 sees lower BRs on average. Even numbers see 4 BRs difference either way.

medal

5.3 is just the display. In fact it's the old rank 13, which is BR 5.333333.....

Just like displayed BR 6.7 is old rank 17 (BR 6.6666666.....)

BR = ( Old rank +3 ) / 3

So the rank system hasn't changed really, it's just that the display of the ranks has changed.

medal

I updated the Battlerating Overview after the new patch.

Remember, in Arcade you may get matched against planes +1.33 BR higher than your highest plane in your hangars. Perhaps even more, depending on playerefficiency. So plan your set of planes wisely.

/[/url]

Thanks for creating this.

This game is awesome and everything I hoped Janes World War 2 fighters (old classic) could hope to be. The attention to detail in this game is astonishing.

I wish the MM was less severe. I just got my first P-39 and was exciting (the rest of my squadron are BR of 2.3 & 2.7). I'm having a blast until a P-63 super cobra blinks in my direction. I see him with plenty of time, but there isn't anything I can do in my inferior plane - he eventually caught up to me and blew me out of the sky.

Id prefer a MM to play only the BR above and BR below me. So if I'm a BR 2.7 plane, I'd only fly against a 3.3 or 2.3 plane.
  • Upvote 1

The XP-55 has no business fighting 3.7 planes thus why they moved it from tier 3 to tier 2. It should have its BR dropped to 2.7 even though it has the guns it has so little ammo and can not match the turn speed of anything in that tier still.  It has speed but I think most of the fighters could keep up with it other then flat out dives.  Still it pops on one hit from any gun. Looses its wings if you toot in the cockpit.

If they took planes from those tiers and matched them +/- 1 from their BR you would have nice battles

With this patch going so long without a fix just screams its not going to be changed any time soon. So I will not hold my breath about seeing anything positive coming soon.

I'm skeptical of the +-1.33 BR rule

I'm a 55-60% winrate (i forget what it was, might be 65% for all i know, i get in the top 3 players 4 out of every 5 games)

with my tier 4.7-5.0 BR lineup of american planes (mustangs, f4u1c, xp50 and some bombers) i NEVER fight tier 6.3 planes (the first jet, soviet, is BR 6.3).

I SHOULD be getting +1.33 BR games whenever i win 8 out of 10 games, or higher...but I don't, ever.