Battlerating Overview updated

Quax0815

109s are not that overtiered in AB due to insane firepower

but F-4/trop and F-4 bullcrap?

Apparently the filter makes you an ace at deflection shooting so they need to raise the BR

Or I'm just doing too well with it along with the G-2/trop

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

this whole thing is a disaster, why have tiers if you are going to use the BR? tier I should be tier I, and it should fight tier I, none of this uptier, player based, ephemeral efficiency crap, which is what it is, complete and utter crap. before this update, you could live with 1.37, now it has gone completely nuts, off the rails and full of crap, oh and the BR isn't even fairly assigned, look at the german jets vs sabres etc.

More and more ppl saying the same thing. Gaijin is not listening to the player base.

which is why this system needs to die, it doesn't work, they haven't succeeded in making it work, its been 6 months, if you can't fix something in that time, it won't ever be fixed, and I still have no idea why they implemented it when they had a far superior system in place.

Well they finally fixed Mozdok after at about a year.  The fix?  Add 2000 tickets.

So that gives you a time frame for how long it would take to do a big fix.

I corrected the KI-102 otsu in the 1.41 overview. The BR was mistakenly 3.0 instead of 3.3.

So please download again for the correct version.

Edited by Quax0815
medal

F4F 3 BR 2.3 introduced December 1940, its successor the F6F introduced or rather reaching operational readiness in February 1943  BR 2.7, A6m2 Zero operational readiness July 1940 BR 3.7, BF 109 E 3 another late 1939 early 1940 plane, similar armament as the Zero similar speed better climb rate  but worse maneuverability BR 3.0.

Why the hell is a 1943 plane that is faster, climbs better and does have a similar armament in terms of destructive power (6x0.50s are quite competitive vs the 2 7,7 and 2 20 type 99 mk1 ) rated a full 3 BR ranks lower than the Zero m2 a plane which it was build to fight? Why is the Zero 2 ranks higher than the very similar Bf 109e3  it should be 3.0 as well, that would make a hell lot more sense to be honest! 

If you move the A6m2 to BR 3.0, the A6m3 which is BR 4.0 not 5.0 btw to 3.7, the A6m3 mod22 to 4.0 and the A6m5 ko to 4.3 it would make a hell lot more sense! 

Oh and why is a S.M 79 1936 a BR 2.7 plane ( as the naming indicates a fuggling 1936 plane! it should be BR 2.0 max as well) and a Lagg 3-8 a plane that entered service in 1941 a BR 2.0 ....more BR shenanigans WHICH have been pointed out over and over ,yet nothing is done, but hey lets down tier several russkie planes and US as well, oh right A6m5 used to be BR 5.0 so sometimes even the most obvious are touched and "adjusted".    

Under tiered out of the drop of my head:

Lagg 3 all variants

F6F should be 3.3 

P-47 D should be 3.7 at least

P-38G should be 3.7

Corsairs......oh good what a mess

Yak 15

Yak 17

I 185

F8F 1

P 80a

Over tiered out of the drop of my head:

All Zeros

S.M 79 all variants

He 111 H-16

Arado Ar 234

Me 163b

Me 262 A1

Beaufighter Mark 21

Wellington X

Lancaster

B 17/ B 17g/ B 24 ( DM needs a desperate fix first though)

Boomerang

Spit Vc (The Corsair F4u 1c also with quad 20mm and quite a bit faster is a BR 4.7 plane vs the Vc 5.3 value)

Feel free to add anything I missed.

These things should not be that hard to fix especially not the one being argued for, for more than a year, cough A6m2 cough.   

Go here...2 good pilots...Post #208...

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/123984-arcade-fighter-tutorial-videos/page-11

Looooads o' dakka! WAAAAAAAAAGH! Still, it needs more burny bits. And sum 'splodey bits! Sum sparky bits wouldn't 'urt either. An' it's not Orky enuff, so toss sum more spikes on it. MAKE IT MORE ORKY! An' dun' ferget to paint it red! Red wunz go fastah!

medal

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the BR-Overview according to Patch 1.47.27.12.

Please download the new file in the initial post of this thread.

I found no BR-changes, but of course the 3 new premium planes. If there is anything else, please post it here.

medal

• 1 month later...

F4F 3 BR 2.3 introduced December 1940, its successor the F6F introduced or rather reaching operational readiness in February 1943  BR 2.7, A6m2 Zero operational readiness July 1940 BR 3.7, BF 109 E 3 another late 1939 early 1940 plane, similar armament as the Zero similar speed better climb rate  but worse maneuverability BR 3.0.

Why the hell is a 1943 plane that is faster, climbs better and does have a similar armament in terms of destructive power (6x0.50s are quite competitive vs the 2 7,7 and 2 20 type 99 mk1 ) rated a full 3 BR ranks lower than the Zero m2 a plane which it was build to fight? Why is the Zero 2 ranks higher than the very similar Bf 109e3  it should be 3.0 as well, that would make a hell lot more sense to be honest! 

If you move the A6m2 to BR 3.0, the A6m3 which is BR 4.0 not 5.0 btw to 3.7, the A6m3 mod22 to 4.0 and the A6m5 ko to 4.3 it would make a hell lot more sense! 

Oh and why is a S.M 79 1936 a BR 2.7 plane ( as the naming indicates a fuggling 1936 plane! it should be BR 2.0 max as well) and a Lagg 3-8 a plane that entered service in 1941 a BR 2.0 ....more BR shenanigans WHICH have been pointed out over and over ,yet nothing is done, but hey lets down tier several russkie planes and US as well, oh right A6m5 used to be BR 5.0 so sometimes even the most obvious are touched and "adjusted".    

Under tiered out of the drop of my head:

Lagg 3 all variants

F6F should be 3.3 

P-47 D should be 3.7 at least

P-38G should be 3.7

Corsairs......oh good what a mess

Yak 15

Yak 17

I 185

F8F 1

P 80a

Over tiered out of the drop of my head:

All Zeros

S.M 79 all variants

He 111 H-16

Arado Ar 234

Me 163b

Me 262 A1

Beaufighter Mark 21

Wellington X

Lancaster

B 17/ B 17g/ B 24 ( DM needs a desperate fix first though)

Boomerang

Spit Vc (The Corsair F4u 1c also with quad 20mm and quite a bit faster is a BR 4.7 plane vs the Vc 5.3 value)

Feel free to add anything I missed.

These things should not be that hard to fix especially not the one being argued for, for more than a year, cough A6m2 cough.   

have you ever flown a Yak-15?

I can assure you its not overtiered (its fun to fly but still not competitive)

and wats more because its a lvl 5 it cant be matched up against against lvl 3 line ups. this means that the BR 5.3 line up for the Yak-15 and even more the BR 5 line up for the Yak-15p is useless it ends every time at the very bottom of the BR spread... (if they keep using statistics on this particular plain it will be funny do because its BR will keep on going down while it wont be able to get in to the lower BR matches due to the no 2 tier difference rule)

ps, i hope you don't really believe that historical tiering in arcade is a good idea.

I am happy they atleast removed player skill from the match maker it feels like being punished for being good..

medal

109s are not that overtiered in AB due to insane firepower

but F-4/trop and F-4 bullcrap?

Apparently the filter makes you an ace at deflection shooting so they need to raise the BR

Or I'm just doing too well with it along with the G-2/trop

i agrea with you its crap that 2 the same plains have a different BR but take in to account that

a) if you fly the F-4/trop you have probably some experience with the F4

and b) sinds you dont have to research it, it means you like it so mutch you want a second 1 

so players playing the F4/trop probably are a load better at it than the avrage F4 player, the fact that the difference is only 0.3 in BR may be a indication that the system is less sensitive to how well players play. 

ps i think the system dous favor the plains who are dificult to fly/master example the FW 190's are overtierd wy? they have a very easy strategy only a total idiot dous not know. BnZ and it stayes quite effective even if the aircraft is inferior.. for the japanese, evryone knows zero = turn fighter .. 

if the plain is more balanced you have to know when you (and against who) you turn fight, BnZ, who you can outrun, who you can outclimb... 

medal

this whole thing is a disaster, why have tiers if you are going to use the BR? tier I should be tier I, and it should fight tier I, none of this uptier, player based, ephemeral efficiency crap, which is what it is, complete and utter crap. before this update, you could live with 1.37, now it has gone completely nuts, off the rails and full of crap, oh and the BR isn't even fairly assigned, look at the german jets vs sabres etc.

i agree! Hated this retarded br system since implementation and how realism is being introduced piecemeal making for huge imbalances in the meantime as well. Ps. I bought the boomerangs too.... Do i use them? Do i even fly Brits anymore? So many things in the latest patches have bebn so gawdamn facepalmy.
medal medal

i agrea with you its crap that 2 the same plains have a different BR but take in to account that

a) if you fly the F-4/trop you have probably some experience with the F4

and b) sinds you dont have to research it, it means you like it so mutch you want a second 1 

You don't have to research the F-4/Trop?  Since when?  I know I spent a good amount of time grinding so that I could get my second one, was there a magic button that would have allowed me to skip the research?

I agree, if you fly the Trop then you probably like the F-4, but its still the same plane and should have the same BR.  And a 0.3 difference might not seem like a lot, but it indicates a significant amount of people use it and are more effective with it than those who use the regular F-4.  Meanwhile the U.S. F-4 sits at the same BR as the German one, yet it can't mount the extra cannons.  I assume that this means one of two things:  Either people generally never use the extra cannons and armament is not taken into account for this plane (unlike what we have been lead to believe) AND the smaller group of people who spent gold on the U.S. version are doing exactly as well as the larger group who use the German version; or the U.S. version had a lower starting BR, due to the lack of optional armament, and people who use it are doing much better than those who use the regular German one.

There is one other possible option to explain the F-4 phenomenon: The BR calculating system is, at best, arbitrary when it comes to cases where there is not enough statistical data to support changing the BR of similar planes.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that such cases the Devs simply assign the same BR to planes that might not be identical, but are "close enough"

medal

Whether or not people do better with it should have nothing to do with its br rating. Tis the same damn plane!!!

TBF-1c  BR 2.0 with US in AB

Premium Avenger Mk1 is BR 3.0 with Brits 

... How ridiculous is this ? they are the same planes ... 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Kanay, you know very well it is because not enough statistics have been gathered for the premium one to see if it needs an adjustment.

Faut pas chercher midi à 14 heures non plus :Ds

• Upvote 3
medal medal

Thist time i have to give u a +1 Kanay .... and with the stupid BR share in AB u can face even +1.4 planes.

shot_2014_08_15_19_40_37.jpg

shot_2014_08_15_19_40_40.jpg

Edited by ZuXxx
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Kanay, you know very well it is because not enough statistics have been gathered for the premium one to see if it needs an adjustment.

Faut pas chercher midi à 14 heures non plus :Ds

Yeah I know ...once they will have enough data it will pass to a  3.3 BR and face BR 5.7 planes regularly with the spread of 1.4 while the US version will drop to 1.7 next patch ... :p

Way to make real money worth investing in game in guess ...  

@ZuXxx : probably 70% of my matches are like this, if not more some days, I play BR 2.3 and face under tiered ufos BR 3.7 like La5''s , Yak9's, P39's etc, play BR 4.0 lineup and face 5.3 planes and so on ... 

My PVP rating is too high apparently so i need to regularly play against under tiered planes 1.4 BR  above my over tiered Japanese ones that are barely able to compete with those of the same BR's in AB to start with as many of mines have a more realistic FM in AB than others Nations and them boosted UFO's ... So much balance, so much fun ...

Edited by Kanay
medal medal medal medal

Got my good and bad matches, I'm not a very good player, i have my moments where i can go 12-0 with a plane or one shot by a single hit of a mg's on my wing before doing anything at all like it happens a lot with Japaneses planes, no need to wonder why we are targeted first by all the enemies in game, we are the most easy kills , we go down really fast compared to some Stalinwood planes able to fly fine with half or more of the plane blacked out  ... but it's really unfair especially playing over tiered Japan, BR spread might be easier to handle with some notorious under tiered Nations and planes ... 

Imagine taking out you A6m3 mod22 BR 5.0 ( same as a Bearcat ... ) and facing 6.3 post war planes and jets ... at 5.0 you already can't catch anything, almost all are twice faster than you at those BR's and at least twice better armed and of course armored too, you don't have any good firepower or enough ammos in your dual canons, no speed and even the maneuverability in AB for zero's isn't what it was few months back when they still have heavily AB boosted FM's, other still have those, now a Yak 9 roll faster than a zero, a LA5 rolls twice faster than a zero etc ... 

You are just avoiding the bnz's all the match, and cross fingers for a silly guy to try a turnfight with you to get a kill... All you can do is expect to find enough dumb people to fight with you in turn-fights at low speeds, it's not about your plane performances or firepower, not about your ability to fight in game with a plane that will determine your results in a match, the result is only depending of the stupidity level of your enemies when flying over tiered zero's in game ...

Edited by Kanay
medal medal medal medal

I must watch some video of you with Japaneses because i'm a disaster with them ..  :kamikadze:

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...