MBT-70/Kampfpanzer-70

Tank50us

What cases? Also by balance you mean Russia having tanks almost immune to AP stuff frontally while the other nations have to suck it with lightly armoured tanks?

I (Correct me if I'm wrong), think that "Nope" is trying to suggest that the combination of mobility, firepower, and armor on this tank are a bit much as things stand currently.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I (Correct me if I'm wrong), think that "Nope" is trying to suggest that the combination of mobility, firepower, and armor on this tank are a bit much as things stand currently.

Pretty much. Suggesting L52 APDS on the Leopard 1 also solves the T-10 problem. A lot of the balance problems German players complain about at high tiers could be solved with L52 APDS. I don't understand why those ridiculous suggestions are a thing when the answer is pretty simple.

• Upvote 1
medal

Pretty much. Suggesting L52 APDS on the Leopard 1 also solves the T-10 problem. A lot of the balance problems German players complain about at high tiers could be solved with L52 APDS. I don't understand why those ridiculous suggestions are a thing when the answer is pretty simple.

Obviously this is better as it was an upgrade, it's meant to be higher tier, to fight with T-62 and stuff (WHICH IS CONFIRMED)

Edited by GreenAid
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Obviously this is better as it was an upgrade, it's meant to be higher tier, to fight with T-62 and stuff (WHICH IS CONFIRMED)

You're heavily overestimating the T-62. Lanz-Odermatt equations for the steel APFSDS leads to 300mm penetration at best at point-blank range. This is against 230 BHN steel too. That's nothing worrisome at all. If anything it's on the same level as L28 APDS.

medal

The T-62 is not that powerful. You can go here to learn everything important about the T-62 when it comes to its performance in-game. The Leopard 1 will still be the better vehicle (unless they still get clubbed by the IT-1 because sitting in the open against ATGM's is 10/10 logic). The T-62 just gets APFSDS that doesn't have KE performance that hasn't been seen before. 

Comparing this vehicle to the T-62 is hilarious. They aren't even contemporaries. The T-62 is a stop-gap tank to give the Soviets a band-aid solution to the M48 until their composite projects finally got around to being finished. The contemporary to the MBT/KPz-70 is the T-64.

Edited by Choogleblitz
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 7 months later...

Personally I agree with the addition of this tank for both Germany and the USA. Similar speed stats to that of the M551 Sheridan, it uses the newly added hydropneumatic suspension, same type of ammo as the Sheridan and also uses the same MGM-51 ATGM used by the Sheridan, and the Germans get that too!

Open for discussion :salute:

However something like this seems like its obviously stretching the time frame way out, could you provide some more info please? 

Plus given the removal of the max time frame of vehicles being added I say they definitely fit within the technical limits of the game.

Edited by *AceArchangel
medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, *AceArchangel said:

Personally I agree with the addition of this tank for both Germany and the USA. Similar speed stats to that of the M551 Sheridan, it uses the newly added hydropneumatic suspension, same type of ammo as the Sheridan and also uses the same MGM-51 ATGM used by the Sheridan, and the Germans get that too!

But then it has frontal protection possibly superior to the Chieftain and the mobility is actually significantly better considering the ridiculous ground clearance.

medal

I know this suggestion has received quite a bit of support however, it these vehicles would be wildly overpowered in comparison the current top teirs. You need reach for at least the T-64A and T-72 Ural in order for it to be considered balanced. Even then though it would still run circles around them.

medal medal medal medal medal

Only when the T-64 comes. The 152mm gun/launcher is already in the game with ATGMs and HEAT the only differents with the MBT-70 152mm gun/launcher is the Sabot rounds.

Also MBT-70 crew placement.

1280px-MBT-70_final_sketch.JPG

1280px-MBT-70_interior_arrangement.jpg

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

49 minutes ago, Solid_Snake01 said:

Only when the T-80 comes.

Fixed.

medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 9:52 PM, Solid_Snake01 said:

Only when the T-64 comes. The 152mm gun/launcher is already in the game with ATGMs and HEAT the only differents with the MBT-70 152mm gun/launcher is the Sabot rounds.

Also MBT-70 crew placement.

1280px-MBT-70_final_sketch.JPG

1280px-MBT-70_interior_arrangement.jpg

Or just give Britain the Chieftain Mk.10, Germany the Leo 1A6 and Kpz-Keiler* and US the M60AX Super Patton**

IMO the MBT/Kpz-70 is a more appropriate counter against the T-72B and FV4211 Aluminum Chieftain.

*thin armor, RU-251 mobility, 500-650mm APFSDS-T

**2nd Gen composite armor, 460mm APFSDS-T, based on the M60A2

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Results45 said:

Or just give Britain the Chieftain Mk.10, Germany the Leo 1A6 and Kpz-Keiler* and US the M60AX Super Patton**

IMO the MBT/Kpz-70 is a more appropriate counter against the T-72B and FV4211 Aluminum Chieftain.

JAPANESE

3 hours ago, pieve said:

Type 74-Kai or mod.G

3a8b8d1fc91d0dff999b0810bcede5ef.jpg

Or the XM803/805 (American modified MBT-70 after breakup with Germany):

XM-803 in the early 1970s.

XM-803-Wiki.jpg

In the late 1960s/early 1970s, looking to replace their M60s, which many suspected to be outgunned by the Soviet T-62s, the US Army teamed up with the Germans to design the next generation tank, labeled the MBT-70. The costs quickly got out of hand,...

P.S. really wishing Type 74G was composite right now. 

Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

Alternates for US & UK:

M60AX Super Patton & XM803/805 - USA

Chieftain Mk.11, Valiant Mk.4, & FV4211 - UK

medal medal medal

7 hours ago, F7UCutlass said:

As I've said 2.6 billion times,

MBT-70 - USA

KPz-70 - Ger

T-64/T-72 Ural - USSR

Chieftain Mk.10/FV4030/2 - UK

Type 74G - japan

I'm not sure the FV4030/2 would be the equal of all these others you are proposing. It does not have the ability to stow the L23 APFSDS round that something like the Mk 10 would have,  and so would have difficulty penetrating some of these vehicles frontally while being peeled open by them at long ranges. And even then trying to find precise information on everything for all of these vehicles (including L23 APFSDS info) is next to impossible . . .

Edited by Mercedes4321
medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Results45 said:

Problems with that...

• No primary information on L23 APFSDS. Only assumed/calculator figures.
  • No primary information on DM13 APFSDS. Only assumed/calculator figures.
  • No primary information on composite setup. Also assumed/calculator penetration.

Suggesting these mid-80's NATO ammo very quickly runs into the problem of what their performance realistically is. 

Well they are in use today so it would make sense that the shells lack actually proper numbers it's all classified. Even down to the old composite armor most of its classified to and all you'll ever get estimations of what it could be. Why it would be to hard to try to add these tanks in the numbers don't really exist to accurately judge how it would perform. And if it was wrong it would be almost impossible to prove it is. 

medal medal medal medal

Composite is another story. For the MBT-70, T-64, T-72, Chieftain applique, etc... We know the materials and we know their resistance, and whatnot. Just modelling it accurately with the realistic benefits due the complexity of array effects on penetrators is a difficult one. 

• Upvote 3

I would imagine it would require tweaks to their game engine. I honestly feel we should fix what we have add other tanks and later decide on it later. I eventually wouldn't mind getting to composite tanks but there is alot more to add before we get to that and I want the game fixed before that. It'll never be bug free but their are things that can be done to make it better. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal