MBT-70/Kampfpanzer-70

Tank50us

Layered and spaced armor that is quite thick and highly angled.yeah nty until composite armor and ceramics for t64 then sure you can add this.

> highly angled.

> same angles as leo 1 and pretty much M60.

M8 what have you been smoking. If that's the argument then we get APFSDS to deal with your slavbucket.

In other news, I was going to suggest we get all shells except missile and APFSDS, because the default 150 HEAT round (ww2 style) is NOT heat-fs, and pens 300mm, which makes it much more fair, just drop the missile and long rod penetrator, you've got a pretty balanced vehicle without them. 

AS well as this, you guys are doofuses, mobility, and agility don't mean jack **** in this game, you saw what they did to the leo, and gave it atrocious mobility when it should have apparently had much better, nerfed the maus' gun. I can't see why you people are complaining, this would be perfectly balanced if added because you know they're going to immediately nerf it to sh*t.

Edited by Ruslan_DR
  • Upvote 2
medal

to fight against T-10  :good:

YOU NECRO'D THIS HELLHOLE OF A THREAD FOR THAT?

(i'm having trouble not using caps to demonstrate my rage)

This tank will open a can of worms not seen since the addition of the friggin F2 sabre,which will lead to composite armored soviet tanks that will whoop the a$$ of every tank in the game.

NO NO NO NO NO

Not needed now,and i hope not ever.

Use Leo and M60 against T10M

YOU NECRO'D THIS HELLHOLE OF A THREAD FOR THAT?

(i'm having trouble not using caps to demonstrate my rage)

This tank will open a can of worms not seen since the addition of the friggin F2 sabre,which will lead to composite armored soviet tanks that will whoop the a$$ of every tank in the game.

NO NO NO NO NO

Not needed now,and i hope not ever.

Use Leo and M60 against T10M

pls need abram 5 T10M

trolls aside.... I think MBT would just be a fun end-game. I'msure the russians have something against it... like IS-7 or something... who knows  :dntknw:

Edited by BlitzkriegWulf
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

MBT-70

=

object-219-1.jpg

Both from 1969 :))))))))))))))))

But glorious wikipedia, ever smart and all knowing has said they were produced only from 1976 onwards :(

"

KMDB (T-80UD) Designed 1967–1975 Manufacturer LKZ and Omsk Transmash, Russia
Malyshev Factory, Ukraine[4] Unit cost USD $2.2 million T80U export, 1994.[5] Produced 1976–1992[6]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

is that the prodction model?..than it's from 1976...

Nope. It's the Object 219.

But glorious wikipedia, ever smart and all knowing has said they were produced only from 1976 onwards :(

"

KMDB (T-80UD) Designed 1967–1975 Manufacturer LKZ and Omsk Transmash, Russia
Malyshev Factory, Ukraine[4] Unit cost USD $2.2 million T80U export, 1994.[5] Produced 1976–1992[6]

See above

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

See above

I figure that past a certain point of development and after finding a good match making system.... there should be no reason to not get rid of the cut-off, I should imagine

As things stand currently, they keep making cut-off after cut-off, then breaking it to improve balance, then extending...

Basically because they say, "oh, 1970" (or whatever), and people find a tank that had prototype in December 20-somethingth, 1969,  and demand it... etc. feels like this infinite loop of making cutoff to preserve balance, implementing something that commanded the battlefields for the 70's... so :\

Edited by BlitzkriegWulf

• 2 weeks later...

No, because to OP for germany!

Why? US get MBT-70, USSR - T64, and GB - Chieftain. And all be happy. ;)s

Edited by Jagdel
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No, because to OP for germany!

From a nation where many supporters claim the developers/Gaijin are completely against them and biased, I would have imagined that they would just smile, say "Thank you" and enjoy KPz 70, while blowing everything in sight to bits?

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think that the kpz keiler is a slightly more realistic option for Germany, but I'm not entirely against this should they decide to add either version.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Few issues. One, it has composite armour. Two, it doesn't nor did it have the 120 mm. 

Dg4CSGs.png

So if the T-64 gets a no, so does this. 

Hey Choogle, I think you told me once on another thread that the Kpz-70 would absolutely have the advantage over the Obj. 279.

Sure, the Kpz-70 can definitely punch through the 352mm of effective turret armor of Obj. 279 (as stated here), but does its own spaced/composite armor have better protection (in terms of RHAe effectiveness) than Object 279?

In any case, the Kpz-70 is sure to have the upper hand in mobility and firepower, but the armor protection between the two should be comparable (whether frontally or laterally). 

Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

Well it's been a year we have the chieftain, T62 is on the way I would love to see this in game. 1500 hp 152 gun that was used on the Sheridan and M60A2 shooting star I believe is what it was called. This would be a nice tank to see.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Well it's been a year we have the chieftain, T62 is on the way I would love to see this in game. 1500 hp 152 gun that was used on the Sheridan and M60A2 shooting star I believe is what it was called. This would be a nice tank to see.

gun is way longer than on M60a2 and Sheridan, capable of firing APFSDS.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

gun is way longer than on M60a2 and Sheridan, capable of firing APFSDS.

Grandaddy-70 pretty much means the T-64 and MBT-80 as well ;p

medal medal medal

+1

but only when other nations get a good counter for it

You have a mistake in the title of the thread

its Kampfpanzer 70

not kamphpanzer 70

There are already some decent counters to these.... 

MBT-70, KPz. 70 (Essentially the same tank... I'll just wait for Choogle and Arczer to sort me out...), T-64A, and like.. chieftain 10 or something. 

P.S., many people have tried correcting his title... I think OP is just gonna leave it as-is...

M60A2's unofficial nickname (I think...?) was just "Starship", thanks to all of the technology crammed into it. The shooting star is the (P/F)-80.

Grandaddy-70 pretty much means the T-64 and MBT-80 as well ;p

MBT-80 was from 1979. That's just asking for trouble.

MBT-80 was from 1979. That's just asking for trouble.

I was gonna add IS-7 for Russia, T58 & T110 for US, Leo 1A6/Kpz Keiler for Germany, and the Super Conqueror for the Brits as well, but once people ask for composites (T-64 & MBT-70) the MBT-80's a no brainer.  :yes:  :dntknw:

medal medal medal