Object 279; The FINAL Soviet Heavy Tank

Ruslan_DR

Tenk.  

619 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want this in game?

• Of course
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you want this vehicle EVEN IF it meant the Kpz-70 and MBT-70 variants would be put in to combat it?

• Yes
    • No, keep your silly designs out of my game.
  3. 3. Would you want this if we had more vehicles in between them, and had at least one equal match for each nation?

• Of course.
    • No
  4. 4. how about as a tournament vehicle, like the E-100?

• Yes, it's well deserved.
    • no.

10 hours ago, *Baconator100012 said:

If...and only if  the US get the M1a1 abrams with APDSFS uranium rods with tusk protection and reactive armor....  then i'll even consider it. 

till then, FAWKKKK NO. 

I really hope that was a joke.

If you want the M1A1, you must also want the T-80U.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

8 hours ago, WulfPack said:

I really hope that was a joke.

If you want the M1A1, you must also want the T-80U.

Once the M1a1 get in with their updated upgrades of course, no russian tank will easily damage the M1 abram.  Infact they only lost maybe 2 or three in the gulf war. 

1 hour ago, *Baconator100012 said:

Once the M1a1 get in with their updated upgrades of course, no russian tank will easily damage the M1 abram.  Infact they only lost maybe 2 or three in the gulf war. 

Heh. Perfect example.

medal

20 hours ago, *Baconator100012 said:

If it is, then i would say it's about time the American Heavies earn an American Bias Name lol. Honestly, that UFO is weird, I can't even pen the is3/4 till i use the M551's ATGM and thats it. This tank is just gonna make it worse if the IT-1 wasn't bad enough. 

Same mobility as T-10M, but with 50% more armor.

Nice, big Peking roast duck for Kpz-70 and MBT-80? Hell yes.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Further discussion.

• Upvote 2

On 10/21/2016 at 10:59 PM, Results45 said:

Same mobility as T-10M, but with 50% more armor.

Nice, big Peking roast duck for Kpz-70 and MBT-80? Hell yes.

Sadly neither of those will get in game due to composite armor that would be like merkava levels of protection.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Kazumi_ said:

Sadly neither of those will get in game due to composite armor that would be like merkava levels of protection.

There's no way of knowing that.

Gaijin may not be the best at listening to its playerbase or producing tactical gameplay, but they sure do great at busting-out vehicles! (not to mention prototypes and pushing past previously promised date and tech limits).

Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Results45 said:

There's no way of knowing that.

Gaijin may not be the best at listening to its playerbase or producing tactical gameplay, but they sure do great at busting-out vehicles! (not to mention prototypes and pushing past previously promised date and tech limits).

You do realize Wargaming pulled the same bs with a realistic (not truly realistic with LOS armor values but close enough) IS-7 that clubbed everything it saw, due to the armor being superior vs its competition. They had to nerf the living hell out of its armor to fix it. Gaijin meanwhile wont do that to try to balance a tank with utmost superior armament and armor, not to mention the USA, Russia and Germany all have enough top MBTs (more or less. Germany has two Leos, russia has the T-62, T-10M (bit of a stretch)... US has the M60, M103(?), and M60A1 whereas GB only has the Cheiftan.)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Russia already supremely dominates Tier 3 to early Tier 4 so why not let Britain, US, Germany, Japan, and France have the upper-hand in late Tier 4 through Tier 5?

US and Germany can get E-150, Leo 1A6, Kpz-Keiler, MBT/Kpz-70 (composite), M60AX (composite), autoloading T57/58/110, M113 TOW, and Begleitpanzer 57 (TOW/HOT launcher).

The Brits deserve the Super Conqueror, Chieftain Mk.10/11 (Stillbrew Composite), FV215b, FV217, FV2005 Stage 2, and Humber Hornet.

Finally, France and Japan should receive the AMX-50B Suribasse, 120mm AMX-32 (composite), Type 4/5, O-I, and STB-2.

All this while Russia gets to stick it out with T-72Bs and the Object 279.

I'm not really sure how effective autoloading heavies like T57/58/110, MBTs like Type 74E/STB-2/M60AX/Leo 1A6/Kpz-Keiler with 500-750mm penning ammo, and conventional armor heavies would be against the Obj. 279 and T-72, but it's worth a try.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Results45 said:

All this while Russia gets to stick it out with T-72Bs and the Object 279.

Yeah.... T-72B is significantly more capable than 279.

They would turn 279 into butter.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

• 4 weeks later...

really the community have fear of this tank like now? evry tank at era 5 late have apds and heatfs at 400 mm of penetration, atgm have roket 400/600 mm of penetration, really i dont see the problem to put the object in game, only beacuse have a chance to dont begin oneshotted by heat? 

for me is good thing restart the poll like now for vote the introduction of this tank

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Hell_storm said:

i have sent a private message at the autor of the trade but no response , is possible restart the topic or restart the poll in any way?

Yeah.....the author (Ruslan_DR) hasn't visited the forums for the past month now.

If he so wishes, the author of a topic can change, delete, or even re-add questions and vote options (or maybe community opinion will shift towards a "yes" if we wait another few months) ;)

medal medal medal

+1 but then i want my leo1a6 :P

On 4.11.2016 at 1:08 PM, Kazumi_ said:

but in the Q&A with a russian streamer they said they have plans for the t64... which had composite armor as well...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

+1 but then i want my leo1a6 :P

but in the Q&A with a russian streamer they said they have plans for the t64... which had composite armor as well...

They never stick to their cut off dates and tech limits...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

They never stick to their cut off dates and tech limits...

i know. saw you just a few minutes ago in a match :D

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Stofferberry said:

I would say no at the moment. And if it does come in, make it premium or a reward tank.

You mean like the IS-6?

medal medal medal