East Germany Il-28  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Should Germany get the Il-28?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If added would be ...

• After the Arado C3
    • other line.

Germany doesnt have any top tier jet bomber, so i decided to investigate and found that East Germany  got 10 Il-28 and 1 Il-28U.This plane should be placed after the Arado C3  and i dont see any problems with it there.

• Specifications

• General characteristics

Crew: Three (pilot, bombardier, gunner)

Length: 17.65 m (57 ft 11 in (excluding cannon))

Wingspan: 21.45 m (70 ft 4½ in (excluding tip tanks))

Height: 6.70 m (22 ft 11¾ in)

Wing area: 60.80 m² (654.5 sq ft)

Airfoil: TSAGI SR-5S[13]

Aspect ratio: 7.55:1

Empty weight: 12,890 kg (28,417 lb)

Loaded weight: 18,400 kg (40,565 lb)

Max. takeoff weight: 21,200 kg (46,738 lb)

Powerplant: 2 × Klimov VK-1A turbojets, 26.5 kN (5,952 lbf) each

• Performance

Maximum speed: 902 km/h (487 knots, 560 mph) at 4,500 m (14,760 ft)

Cruise speed: 770 km/h (415 knots, 478 mph)

Range: 2,180 km (1,176 nmi, 1,355 mi) at 770 km/h (415 knots, 478 mph) and 10,000 m (32,800 ft)

Service ceiling: 12,300 m (40,350 ft)

Rate of climb: 900 m/min (2,950 ft/min)

• Armament

Guns: 4 × Nudelman-Rikhter NR-23 cannons (2 in nose and 2 in tail barbette)

Bombs: 3,000 kg (6,600 lb) of bombs in internal bay (1,000 kg (2,200 lb) normal)

• Here some photos

13538m.jpg.ab5da473e552bb6245212923fd41f

001172737.jpg.1f2f641c3e2aa3806e71b5ed78eastgeril28.jpg.d65a69b67fee8cf9bd85bc2f

img_7096.jpg.185ce6e36eb2934fa4439ac1afe

58b5d3e91ac82_images(1).jpg.eb6b6bc17913

What are your opinions about the addition of this plane to the german tree?:salute:

Edited by WarEagle04
Prefix

SAUBER_KH7 (Posted )

Your topic is Approved.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 9

Open for Discussion.:salute:

However, your current suggestion is incomplete. Please provide at least two different matching sources that you used to create this suggestion. If you require help on this matter, then it wouldn't hurt to take a look HERE. If the previously mentioned sources are not added within 48 hours, the suggestion will be closed.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Found a document called" TREATY ON CONVENTIONAL DISPUTES IN EUROPE
PROTOCOL ON THE PROVISIONAL APPLICATION OF CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF THE TREATY ON CONVENTIONAL DISPUTES IN EUROPE" from the Luftwaffe official website(http://www.luftwaffe.de).It describes  in some pages the amount of aircraft and ground vehicles that the Luftwaffe had til ~1990

.In the page 33 , where it says  "Vorhandene Typen von Kampfflugzeugen"(Existing types of combat aircraft) appears the Il-28.

Here the document on pdf .040114_kse_vertrag (1).pdf

Edited by WarEagle04

4 minutes ago, WarEagle04 said:

Found a document called" TREATY ON CONVENTIONAL DISPUTES IN EUROPE
PROTOCOL ON THE PROVISIONAL APPLICATION OF CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF THE TREATY ON CONVENTIONAL DISPUTES IN EUROPE" from the Luftwaffe official website.It describes  in some pages the amount of aircraft and ground vehicles that the Luftwaffe had.In the page 33 , where it says  "Vorhandene Typen von Kampfflugzeugen"(Existing types of combat aircraft) appears the Il-28.

040114_kse_vertrag (1).pdf

Thank you. However, after reading your second source from the OP, it is describing the wrong aircraft: Tu-10 rather than the IL-28.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

NOPE.
I consider this and Tu4 being gamebreakingly stupid, so no thanks.

Edited by Vladokapuh
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Vladokapuh said:

I consider this and Tu4 being gamebreakingly stupid, so no thanks.

But this is a common IL-28 with the Air Forces of the National People's Army logo, just like the  the Mig 15 bis.How this would be game breaking?

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, WarEagle04 said:

But this is a common IL-28 with the Air Forces of the National People's Army logo, just like the  the Mig 15 bis.How this would be game breaking?

exactly the same way as common one is, but now i can also meet it when playing vs only germany?
Arado C should be 8.0, and that would be enough for germany.

I dont like IL28, Tu14, nor even Tu4. They arent needed for another nation.

• Haha 5

Here other images

East German GDR Ilyushin Il-28 Beagle medium bombers and Il-2U trainer

A fully restaured Il-28 in the Militärhistorisches Museum Flugplatz Berlin-Gatow.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagle04 said:

Here other images

East German GDR Ilyushin Il-28 Beagle medium bombers and Il-2U trainer

A fully restaured Il-28 in the Militärhistorisches Museum Flugplatz Berlin-Gatow.

Id support it, But not after the Arado, I would put it after the ME262A1/U4 as an Attacker like in the Russian line.

medal medal

2 minutes ago, Vladokapuh said:

exactly the same way as common one is, but now i can also meet it when playing vs only germany?
Arado C should be 8.0, and that would be enough for germany.

I dont like IL28, Tu14, nor even Tu4. They arent needed for another nation.

The Arado C3 at 8.0, facing sabres and hunters, with a payload that can even take 1 base? hehe ... no.The US tree has The B-57, the Soviet Union tree has the Tu-4 and the Il-28,the The british tree have the Canberra.Germany and Japan doesnt have a true top tier bomber.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, WarEagle04 said:

The Arado C3 at 8.0, facing sabres and hunters, with a payload that can even take 1 base? hehe ... no.The US tree has The B-57, the Soviet Union tree has the Tu-4 and the Il-28,the The british tree have the Canberra.Germany and Japan doesnt have a true top tier bomber.

thats an upside not a downside just fyi.

Also canberras are completly outclassed by B57B yet they sit at same rating.
Caneberra is unwortthy of being considered top bomber.

Arado C is too fast and has too powerful engines to be 7.0, it should be 8.0 no matter german IL28 appears or not.

And again, these things are harmful to the gameplay of this game.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Let's not further encourage Germany being the best of both NATO and Soviet tech post-war.

I say No until they split German MM for post war vehicles.

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

First of, I don't think the Il-28 should top the German bomber line, the Junkers EF 132 or similar would be far more appropriate for that (I can already feel the anti-paper/prototype crowd readying their stones to throw).

Second, while the GDR air force did operate Il-28s, there are a bunch of reasons against them in WT:

A) They had just a handful (1x Il-28U trainer, 2x Il-28R reconnaissance/engine test-beds and 7x standard Il-28)

B) ALL of them were exclusively used by their target-towing squadron

C) As far as I'm aware they were never supplied with explosive ordinance (what for anyway?)

D) Even though their guns were supplied with ammunition (which they never needed) they were rarely loaded obviously

E) After 1963 all Il-28 had their guns removed to reduce chances of accidents (for comparison their first two Il-28 were supplied in 1959 - so just a total of four years they even flew with guns)

• Upvote 2
medal

26 minutes ago, Saltzer said:

Junkers EF 132

Dont turn WT into prototype warfare.

No one said that all nations in game need to have good bombers.

Allies had good bombers but Germans had good countermeasures for them Mk-103, Mk-108 etc.

West Germany did not had any Bombers and that being said they should not have them in game.

GDR had IL-28s and if German Rank V wiil finaly by splited than GDR part of German TT should recive this plane.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oh yes! It would be the perfect addition to finelly make germany competetive in the climbing meta again togehter with the old unnerfed bf-109g-10 (d-13 and d-9 still gets outclimbeded by a selected few planes witch is unaccepteble!!) but also the 229 with its rightfull vk-1 engines which where the base to the mig-15bis engine later in the war

If added it would be one of these truley balenced jets like the B-57A at 7.0, Hunter f1, f2 sabre and mig15biss at 7.7, horton at 6.7, bf 163 at 7.0, the old meteors at 7.0, f2h at 7.0 etc

and lets not forget the f-80c at 6.7, these where the good days of balence in war thunder

i suggest we add it in a new bransh begunning at teir 5 with the il-28 so the players of it dont have to play nasi planes in order to get it!

it should also only trigger mixed battles to simulate how ww3 would make everyone fight everyone (history channel said so) for added realism 

to make the russian il-28 remein competetive gaijin should add a new modefication for the gunner named "potato helmet" to furter improve ther surviveabiltiy 

but also accurcy with the turret becus yuo aim better after god meal like potato from helmet

Seriously, though. Hell heck no. 

Edited by Jostansjo
  • Upvote 6

I don't see why not. The IL-28's overall use is pretty limited. It can bomb out all of one base at most and maybe strafe some ground units with the foreward guns. But it's not maneuverable enough to really be a good fighter. No different than the Tu-14T.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal