Supermarine Swift F.1 & Supermarine Swift F.2 - British Top Tier Jet Fighters! (Updated with Aircraft Manual)

Supermarine Swift F.1 and Supermarine Swift F.2  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want these planes added to the game?

• Yes, Britain has only 1 top tier (Hunter) so it needs more top tier jets
    • No (explain why)
    • Maybe
    • Other
  2. 2. If they were to be added to the game, which BR should they be at?

3. 3. Where should the Swift F.1 and F.2 be placed?

• Before the Hunter in the Hawker line
    • At the end of the Spitfire line
    • Other

13 hours ago, *TeeGee111 said:

I think if it were to be included it would have to be the F4 or FR5 version. The F1 and F2 were too problematic and unsuited to their role. Not so much of an issue in AB but certainly in RB and SB.

Besides, the FR5 could carry ground ordinance and could come with 79 Sqns markings, pretty neat. 

I dont think its any secret that the Brits could do with some reinforcements at the higher levels. Swift, Seahawk, Scimtar and Javelin for me. 

You do realize those had afterburners, missiles and performance above tier 5 standards don't you?

The F.1 and F.2 may have had many issues in real life, but in War Thunder those would not exist. They are the ones most suited for tier 5.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I thought it was the F7 that carried missiles? 

The F4 had the variable incidence tailplane and only 2x 30mm Adens, as did the FR5.

They both had the afterburner fitted but it was prone to lighting issues at high altitudes. Think with the cleaned up canopy, lengthened nose and limited ground stores, the FR5 would fit nicely. Yeah it's top speed and climb rate are very competitive with its peers but it carries nowhere near the offensive punch of an FJ4 or Mystere IV.

Regardless, I always thought the Swift looked purposeful, whereas the Hunter had a grace about it.

IMG_0341.JPG

medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, *TeeGee111 said:

I thought it was the F7 that carried missiles? 

I'm not sure tbh.

17 hours ago, *TeeGee111 said:

The F4 had the variable incidence tailplane and only 2x 30mm Adens, as did the FR5.

They both had the afterburner fitted but it was prone to lighting issues at high altitudes.

You know the performance of it is still on par with what would be an upcoming entry tier 6 jet right? Its performance exceeds the standards of a top tier rank 5 jet. We cannot ask for it for tier 5.

The only Swifts fitting for tier 5 are the F.1 and F.2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2018 at 15:56, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

I'm not sure tbh.

You know the performance of it is still on par with what would be an upcoming entry tier 6 jet right? Its performance exceeds the standards of a top tier rank 5 jet. We cannot ask for it for tier 5.

The only Swifts fitting for tier 5 are the F.1 and F.2

Yes only the F.7 was fitted with anti-air missiles, 4x Fireflash AAM to be exact, all other combat variants were only able to carry 2x 1,000 bombs or 8x (maybe 16x can't remember) RPs.

And yes, anything beyond the F.1 and F.2 is tier six material, while not increasing much in speed (still subsonic), the reheat would give them formidable rate of climb.

Though I'd have to double check which variants had reheat, the FR.5 and F.7 definitely did, the F.1 and F.2 didn't (except a single F.1 prototype, but didn't perform well), F.4 possible as it did hold the air speed record for a while, don't remember much of the F.3 unfortunately.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

This is the perfect contemporary for the Hunter to be the peak of the British jet line.  +2 for the F.1 and F.2.  I'd place them after the Meteors as the capstone to the Supermarine/Gloster line.  

Thank you for a very well-researched suggestion!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would like to see this push for the F.1 Scimitar Specially with the announcement for including the FJ-4B with AGM-12 for the US tree through the Operation Summer Event.

The Scimitar, G.91, Super Mystere B.2 (unsure of first Russian AGM carrying aircraft that would fit)

8512512563_1622113a61_c.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, Neokolzia said:

I would like to see this push for the F.1 Scimitar Specially with the announcement for including the FJ-4B with AGM-12 for the US tree through the Operation Summer Event.

The Scimitar, G.91, Super Mystere B.2 (unsure of first Russian AGM carrying aircraft that would fit)

8512512563_1622113a61_c.jpg

The AGM-12 doesn't justify the Super Mystere and Scimitar coming to rank 5, their performance is beyond tier 5's standards 

On 13/08/2018 at 23:21, Milocat said:

This is the perfect contemporary for the Hunter to be the peak of the British jet line.  +2 for the F.1 and F.2.  I'd place them after the Meteors as the capstone to the Supermarine/Gloster line.  

Thank you for a very well-researched suggestion!

Thank you :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2018 at 13:34, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

The AGM-12 doesn't justify the Super Mystere and Scimitar coming to rank 5, their performance is beyond tier 5's standards 

Thank you :) 

I understand that and would imagine seeing them as entry into Tier 6 Aircraft, that are Just barely Subsonic/Transonic (in-around 1180-1200km/hr)

There are a number of aircrafts avaliable for every nation that had these Manual Control AGM's so I'd love to see that flushed out across the tree's

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Neokolzia said:

I understand that and would imagine seeing them as entry into Tier 6 Aircraft, that are Just barely Subsonic/Transonic (in-around 1180-1200km/hr)

There are a number of aircrafts avaliable for every nation that had these Manual Control AGM's so I'd love to see that flushed out across the tree's

I also want to see them with those missiles but at rank 6 :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Supermarine Swift F.1 has been implented in update 1.91,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: