CaID

Tpz Fuchs MILAN  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Tpz Fuchs MILAN be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

germany_flag_by_think0-d9nwirq.png

This Suggestion is in support of the Armored Cars research line project

I would like to make a suggestion that was requested by Retry. The Tpz Fuchs MILAN-1

v5PbZk4.jpg

Introduction.

The Tpz Fuchs Milan-1 was simply a Tpz Fuchs refitted with a Milan-1 ATGM. the Milan-1 had a penetration of 350mm and was wire-guided (SACLOS). the vehicles was carrying basically 4 missile and up to 10 passenger. but without the passenger, the vehicles could carry a lot more missiles. the vehicles was armored of 25mm in the front and 7mm in the side and rear. it weigh 19tons and is powered by a V-8 Mercedes-Benz OM402A giving 320HP at 2500 rpm. the vehicles could reach a speed of 105km / h on road and 10km/h in the water. the crew was constituting of 3 to 4 men (driver, M-gunner, ATGM gunner, commander)

001g.jpg

History.

the TransportPanzer Fuchs Milan was a Tpz Fuchs with a additional Milan ATGM luncher. the vehicles was upgraded by the Franco-German Brigade, Montain infantry and Jagger in 1979 to offer a suitable armament against the Russian treat. the conversion could be easily done and undone when needed. the capacity of the ATGM was a penetration of 350mm and a range of 2000m. it was wire-guided SACLOS. the Tpz Fuchs milan was never used in combat.

Fuchs_Tpz_1_Rheinmetall_wheeled_armoured

Fuchs specifications

Dimensions 7.33 x2.98 x2.37m (24 x9.9 x7.9ft)
Total weight, battle ready 18.3 tons (36,600 Ibs)
Crew 3-4
Propulsion V-8 Mercedes-Benz OM402A 320HP at 2500 rpm
Suspension 6×6 independent coil springs, shock absorbers

Speed 105 km/h (65 mph) – 10 kph (6.2 mph)
Armament 1x Milan-1 ATGM1 launcher x 0.303 in (7.7 mm) MG3
Armor 7 to 25mm

Source

https://www.armyrecognition.com/germany_german_army_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_uk/fuchs_tpz_1_6x6_armoured_personnel_carrier_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPz_Fuchs

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/West_Germany/TPZ-Fuchs.php

http://tanknutdave.com/the-german-transportpanzer-1-6x6/

Other German Armored cars included in the Armored Cars research line project

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 6-rad

Sd.Kfz 221 Mit 2.8cm Panzerbüchse 41

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.A

Sd.Kfz 222 Ausf.B

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad Early

Sd.Kfz 231 Wg 8-rad late

Sd.Kfz 232

Sd.Kfz 233

Sd.Kfz 234/2

Sd.Kfz 234/4

Edited by CaID
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Did you mean to say captured?

my bad.

i just copy past the 2 first line and the last from the Panhard suggestion.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

+1 along with the Flakpanzer Wildcat.

59aeeaa92c7ea_wildcatSPAAG(1).thumb.jpg.

i didn't know this vehicles and i dont think i saw it in the archive, i presume it was never suggested. i think it deserve his own suggestion. feel free to make it, you already have my support.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, CaID said:

i didn't know this vehicles and i dont think i saw it in the archive, i presume it was never suggested. i think it deserve his own suggestion. feel free to make it, you already have my support.

I would if I had the time to at the moment. Maybe in a week or so.

1 minute ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

I would if I had the time to at the moment. Maybe in a week or so.

i am looking forward for it. i also saw there was a 6x6 wildcat armed with a 90mm cockerill in a new turret on the Fuchs chassis. a bit like the flankpanzer wildcat. do you happen to have any info about it?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CaID said:

i am looking forward for it. i also saw there was a 6x6 wildcat armed with a 90mm cockerill in a new turret on the Fuchs chassis. a bit like the flankpanzer wildcat. do you happen to have any info about it?

Not at all, sorry. I will see what I can find maybe.

12 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

Not at all, sorry. I will see what I can find maybe.

keep me in touch inf you find anything. i was hoping to set it into the later tier armored car for the German armored car line into the armored car project.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, CaID said:

keep me in touch inf you find anything. i was hoping to set it into the later tier armored car for the German armored car line into the armored car project.

Will do.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think this could be an interesting one.  It's this part that it would all depend on, though:

"the vehicles was carrying basically 4 missile and up to 10 passenger. but without the passenger, the vehicles could carry a lot more missiles"

Is that you hazarding a guess that that's what they could do or was it something that they did do?  

medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Matt_82 said:

I think this could be an interesting one.  It's this part that it would all depend on, though:

"the vehicles was carrying basically 4 missile and up to 10 passenger. but without the passenger, the vehicles could carry a lot more missiles"

Is that you hazarding a guess that that's what they could do or was it something that they did do?  

Well, the vehicle has no storage prepared for more then 4 missles...so the "carry more missiles" is purely theoretical.

Also I'd like to see how to cramp in 10 people in the "passenger" area of the MILAN TPz  :D

Edited by Ronin_GE

Yeah so that's problematic for me.  Lots of IFVs could fit more ATGMs in the back if they crew had been happy to strap them into the seats but that's not really how the game works.  So a large, lightly armed target with only 4 ATGMs and no other armament would be a very limited vehicle.  Pity, as it looks cool.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be a good AGTM.  It'll hinge on the exact ammunition count for the missile launcher for me.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 years later...