Super M60AX - The Final Patton Tank

*AceArchangel

Super M60  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Super M60 added into War Thunder?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only with similar vehicles for other nations.
    • No (explain below)

12 hours ago, *AceArchangel said:

Right sorry my bad, and again thanks for those pics of the mantlet

it was my pleasure

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

406mm turret, and 368mm RHA eqivalent hull? 

Sure i guess. will feel kinda wierd without having an M60A3 ( but given no difference in fCS no that much point having that)

Cant say no but i feel T64A  should at least get 3bm15 as additional ammo option against a 80s tank with such upgraded armor.  Not even far in timeline. given its a mod 71 and the 3bm15 came out in 72.

Edited by kev2go
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

57 minutes ago, kev2go said:

Sure i guess. will feel kinda wierd without having an M60A3 ( but given no difference in fCS no that much point having that)

Cant say no but i feel T64A  should at least get 3bm15 as additional ammo option against a 80s tank with such upgraded armor.  Not even far in timeline. given its a mod 71 and the 3bm15 came out in 72.

that level of protection is likely against heat, against ke prob much lower

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 9/29/2017 at 7:45 PM, kev2go said:

As RefrigerRaider said that armour value is against HEAT ammo, Kinetic would not be as hindered.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:52 PM, _PabloSniper_ said:

Obviously I support!

+1

Much appreciated mate!

medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, *AceArchangel said:

As RefrigerRaider said that armour value is against HEAT ammo, Kinetic would not be as hindered.

Much appreciated mate!

then what are the levels of protetion against Kinetic?

Wow, an M60 with a properly thick mantlet.

+1 support

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 2017-10-04 at 11:41 AM, MH4UAstragon said:

Wow, an M60 with a properly thick mantlet.

+1 support

assuming gajin doesnt screw up its armor modeeling.

Remember that the m60 and M60a1 only have weak mantlents because incompetance ( or intentionally for balance) not because the RL mantlets had only 127mm of effective armor.

Edited by kev2go

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Capt_D_K_Marcus said:

+1 

both this and the M60A3 Patton

Thanks a lot!

I assume you are specifically speaking about the late M60A3 with the deleted copula, as there wasn't many differences other than that.

Personally I can't wait for the addition of the M48A5, as a good alternative to the M60.

35 minutes ago, WOPPER said:

Stop giving germans American tanks its just plain weird. Give super m60 and put at 9.0-9.3 

There are not many options for them at tier V and VI however, I would like to see more East German additions however, T-54s and T-55s... maybe soontm

Anyhow, 9.0 would be perfect, 9.3 is a little high, I don't believe it should be higher than the MBT-70.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, *AceArchangel said:

Thanks a lot!

I assume you are specifically speaking about the late M60A3 with the deleted copula, as there wasn't many differences other than that.

But i like the Cupola. It has that 50 Cal heavy MG. IN any case The Cupola isnt thaat big a problem compared to the Unhistorical 127mm meme mantlet armor.

Personally I can't wait for the addition of the M48A5, as a good alternative to the M60. 

Why does one need an alternative that came much later anyhow? M60 was already Built with a M48 turret. Hull is differnt but still  slightly better due to more effective angling vs the M48 Chasis, though Its pretty similar tank in effectivness. Does US Aneed another 7.7 tank?

A5 came in 75 ( 15 years later)  to shore up a tank shortage . the M48s needed to be Upgraded with the 105mm gun becasue by that point the 90mm was obselete, and they wount have been very usefull. Even So  Majority of M48A5's were  Reservist  & National Guard unit Tanks ( with the exception of the 2nd Infantry Division Stationed in Korea)

Edited by kev2go

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RefrigerRaider said:

I hope not, better armor and 21 hp/ton will really set the bar for us tier 6 tanks.

The MBT-70 has 26 gross hp/ton and the XM803 (were it ever to be added) has 22, but I would still love an M60 with that kind of hp/ton. And perhaps it would have some better ammunition to boot.

medal medal

so what is in the composite module shown in hunnicutt's diagram anyway

i mean, its not only going to be an actual module in-game and thus have inconsistent degrees of reliability, but its on a patton

no one remembers auyer and buda anymore

49 minutes ago, muzzleflash98 said:

The MBT-70 has 26 gross hp/ton and the XM803 (were it ever to be added) has 22, but I would still love an M60 with that kind of hp/ton. And perhaps it would have some better ammunition to boot.

speaking of which a friendly reminder that the mbt-70 should have been on the same level as a t-80 and not a t-64a which i have repeated countless times in the past

goddamn its the wot is7 problem all over again

Edited by Nope
  • Upvote 2
medal