Re-release the Romanian Bf 109 G-2 and Romanian Hs 129 B-2 in the Italian tech tree

I would like to suggest re-releasing the Bf 109 G-2 (Romania) and Hs 129 B-2 (Romania) in the Italian tech tree. Let's look at the reasons why-

1. Italy lacks premiums

Italy just lost one of it's Tier I premiums. This leaves it with the starter premium and the G.55S and that is it. Italy is in dire need of more premiums.

Of course, there are indigenous planes that could be added as premiums for Italy, but these would take time to produce, and these are easy to implement and make sense.

2. Romania is sort of already part of the Italian tree

The SM.79B was an export variant of the Sparviero. In game, we have it with a Romanian skin. Considering the only other operator (and feel free to correct me on this) was Iraq, and it is an Italian design, it is in the Italian tree. While this probably wasn't intentional in terms of Romania's place in the game, the Italian tree works well as its place, as Germany has more than enough vehicles while Italy, obviously having enough to make a tree, could use some help.

3. Romania and Italy were allies, among other things

Italy and Romania were both part of the Axis in WWII. Furthermore, both were eventually invaded by foreign armies and then, although for differing reasons, switched sides to the Allies. Also, the monarchies of both countries ended as a result of the war.

4. The Italian tree lacks a ground attacker currently.

Although there are indigenous options, the Hs 129 could serve as a stop gap attacker despite being premium for people who own the Italian premium tanks.

What would happen upon implementation?

1. The Bf 109 G-2 (Romania) and Hs 129 B-2 (Romania) would be added to the Italian tech tree with their positions in the tree exactly the same as their German tech tree counterparts. The pricing would be the same as well.

2. People who already own the Bf 109 G-2 (Romania) or Hs 129 B-2 (Romania) will keep them in the German tech tree. The German ones would receive a cross symbol next to their name tag in the game just as the Italian planes in the German tree got after the release of the Italian tech tree.

3. Any future Romanian vehicles (tanks or planes) would be added to the Italian tech tree.

4. Any other Romanian vehicles currently in the German tree (for example, the Romanian He 112) would stay there.

Please consider supporting my suggestion! Thanks for reading!

Note- I can add pictures, stats, etc. but the planes are already in the game so I did not feel the need to.

1 hour ago, Tyee6 said:

4. Any other Romanian vehicles currently in the German tree (for example, the Romanian He 112) would stay there.

I don't see the reasoning behind this since, you are stating that any future Romanian vehicles should go straight into the Italian tree and therefore, this would have the Romanian's spread out over 2 trees instead of them all being in the one place.

For me it is a all or nothing move.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Mowie said:

I don't see the reasoning behind this since, you are stating that any future Romanian vehicles should go straight into the Italian tree and therefore, this would have the Romanian's spread out over 2 trees instead of them all being in the one place.

For me it is a all or nothing move.

The German Romanian He 112 is not available anymore. That is why for people who already own the German Romanian He 112, it would stay in the German tree. If Gaijin decides to add a Romanian He 112 to the Italian tree, it will go in the Italian tree.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in favor.  The Italian tree is a little sparse as it is, and I'm always up for another duck and 109.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

the italian have a lot of ground attacker plane and heavy fighter to add, no need to add non-italian plane, i would rather think about the Ro,37, Ro.57bis, Ba.202, SM 89, G-80 & 82, and the MB.326 with the whole series of Regiane and Aefer planes to fill the lack of fighter and attacker line with italian plane.

the Romanian wasn't more friend with the Italian than the German so it's kinda an invaluable reason.

i think the Romanian plane could just be in a tree made with the minor axis nation like here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There’s no point in having literally copy and paste aircraft with the exact same skin in multiple trees. At least suggest an Italian Bf.109G.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10R3-Erla-ANR-1Gr1S

Edited by Borotovas
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From commercial perspective it would have more sense for Gaijin to introduce BF109G4 in charge of Regia Aeronautica for at least three reasons:

• Many people already have the Romanian G2
  • G4 does not exist yet in game
  • Could be offered in bundle with decal "Gigi Tre Osei" still missing in game

Bf109G4R6.JPG.1ec89329a734c718ea14e10f42

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 2018/5/19 at 00:04, cfracas said:

From commercial perspective it would have more sense for Gaijin to introduce BF109G4 in charge of Regia Aeronautica for at least three reasons:

• Many people already have the Romanian G2
  • G4 does not exist yet in game
  • Could be offered in bundle with decal "Gigi Tre Osei" still missing in game

Bf109G4R6.JPG.1ec89329a734c718ea14e10f42

Why not both? About people already owning it, people buying the Italian one will be new players looking for a premium to grind the Italian tree, thus they will not have the old one.

One thing about the G-4 is that players tend to get mad when a nation gets a new variant of a vehicle from one nation, and the originating nation does not get it. The Romanian planes being in the Italian tree would not only prevent this, as Germany already has them, but also save Gaijin resources and time, as they don't need to model two entirely new planes. Finally, it also would make sense given that the S.M.79B is in the Italian tree.

The G-4 would still be a nice plane, but the Romanian duck and G-2 should also be added along with the G-4.

Also, I think that decal should come with the plane regardless of whether it is a bundle or available for GE.

• Thanks 2

Now that IAR81 is officially announced for Italian tech tree, suggestion from Tyee6 seems a viable option worth consideration.

Of course I would consider this a temporary solution until internation tech tree (or minor axis tree) is ready

+1

Edited by cfracas
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

IAR 81 C announcement is good to hear, Gaijin has decided to represent minor Axis nations in the Italian tree, which not only allows for Romanian aircraft, but also, other things like Hungarian tanks could now be more viable.

Romanian representation in the Italian tree? Check. Bf 109 G-2 and Hs 129 B-2 as premiums? Still no, but one down, one to go!

• Upvote 1

Considering that Gaijin plans to implement minor Axis nations' kit as Italian vehicles moving forward, I'd say making these available again for Italy makes sense, and another plane that could be moved over would be the He 112B-2/U2 (which Germany has two premium versions of, one in Hungarian livery and another in Romanian livery), with both Romanian and Hungarian camo.

what the 3 above posts say. sure gaijin said NEW (axis minor) aircraft, but just like with NovA29R's IAR 81 C: it's money for nothing.

the Gustav and the Duck both add some versatility and their impact can immediately help the axis in air and tank RB. so i'm all for this.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 26/05/2018 at 12:01, Dodo_Dud said:

I would like to have an option to move the premiums from the german to the italian tree, if you had purchased the german/hungarian version.

I agree, I think it could work through a limited time offer mega bundle for italian tree.

It should include:

• Romanian He112B2/U2
  • Romanian Bf109G2
  • Romanian Hs129B2
  • IAR81C

The new IAR81C must be part of that bundle because otherwise the sells of this bundle may cause a reducion of sells of new IAR81C alone.

If the player already has any of planes in bundle in German tree, its price is discounted by 50% (because you will keep also the original plane in German tree).

If the player already has IAR81C its price is entirely discounted (of course)

In a second phase it could be possible to evaluate the possibility to "Germanize" the three Romanian planes in German tree.

He112U2/B2 could become a plane assigned to industry defense staffel.

Bf109G2 has absolutely no problem... there are thousands German skins to choose.

Hs129B2 should probably become a named plane or the version used in north Africa (Hs129B2 trop?)

(Replacement of plane's name and planes's skin has been already done once in the past... see what happened to Japanese Bf109E3 that become Bf109E7)

Edited by cfracas

On 26/05/2018 at 12:01, Dodo_Dud said:

I would like to have an option to move the premiums from the german to the italian tree, if you had purchased the german/hungarian version.

Same here! :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, cfracas said:

I agree, I think it could work through a limited time offer mega bundle for italian tree.

It should include:

• Romanian He112B2/U2
  • Romanian Bf109G2
  • Romanian Hs129B2
  • IAR81C

The new IAR81C must be part of that bundle because otherwise the sells of this bundle may cause a reducion of sells of new IAR81C alone.

If the player already has any of planes in bundle in German tree, its price is discounted by 50% (because you will keep also the original plane in German tree).

If the player already has IAR81C its price is entirely discounted (of course)

In a second phase it could be possible to evaluate the possibility to "Germanize" the three Romanian planes in German tree.

He112U2/B2 could become a plane assigned to industry defense staffel.

Bf109G2 has absolutely no problem... there are thousands German skins to choose.

Hs129B2 should probably become a named plane or the version used in north Africa (Hs129B2 trop?)

(Replacement of plane's name and planes's skin has been already done once in the past... see what happened to Japanese Bf109E3 that become Bf109E7)

I like this idea. It not only gives people who already own the two planes a discount, but also, makes the planes in the German tree more unique.

Something similar could be done with the German Italian planes in the German tree.

CR.42, C.202, and any other Italian planes operated by the Luftwaffe could receive Luftwaffe skins permanently.

The SM.79s and G.50s could receive Francoist Air Force skins (Franco's Spain wasn't part of the Axis (thus not a minor Axis nation) and could fit in the German tree technically).

On 26/05/2018 at 00:51, Admiral_Aruon said:

what the 3 above posts say. sure gaijin said NEW (axis minor) aircraft, but just like with NovA29R's IAR 81 C: it's money for nothing.

the Gustav and the Duck both add some versatility and their impact can immediately help the axis in air and tank RB. so i'm all for this.

Oh it's hardly nothing on Gaijin's part with the IAR.  They pay a lump sum of cash to whoever makes content that ends up being implemented in the game.