1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

On 10/03/2020 at 21:49, Smin1080p said:

So now Apaches will be biased and overpovered with hellfires with 8-9k range, when vihkrs get unreal 8?
And british apache with starstreaks with 10km range?
Lmao, pretty nice, everything can be biased until its russian, because ppl can cry only "russian bias" but everything else its ok.
But new apaches, F-4E/EJ (this is omega biased lul), strv 122 etc its fine?
Lmaaaaao.

Edited by Polish_Satan
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Polish_Satan said:

So now Apaches will be biased and overpovered with hellfires with 8-9k range, when vihkrs get unreal 8?

Vikhrs have realistic 8km range at low altitude, 10km at high altitude.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Polish_Satan said:

Nah the Vikhrs will now have 8km (which is realistic unless you have the Vikhrs M which does indeed do 10km from helos). The apaches will have around 7.5 to 8km range. all of that is because of the new drag mechanics. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Polish_Satan said:

Lmao, pretty nice, everything can be biased until its russian, because ppl can cry only "russian bias" but everything else its ok.
Lmaaaaao.

No? Hellfires max out at 8km, and even then they are highly ineffective. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Snipermakedonski said:

Nah the Vikhrs will now have 8km (which is realistic unless you have the Vikhrs M which does indeed do 10km from helos). The apaches will have around 7.5 to 8km range. all of that is because of the new drag mechanics. 

So ka-52 should get VIKHR-M like in real, ka-50 can stay on 8km because its biased premium so its ok for me.
But atleast add ka-50sh in the tree (ka-50 with thermal) and with vihkr-m.
And i hope u sure about hellfire range, because those hellfires on apache's are different version than this on lynx or ah-1z for example, and they should have 9km range so...
I hope they will get this mechanic too and on low alt they get -25% too.

2 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

No? Hellfires max out at 8km, and even then they are highly ineffective. 

Because gaijin dont know how to make good hellfires, they should be much better than in game, and they should have options to select fly mode (low,mid, high) etc and normal ATGM like TOW etc fly mode, i mostly want "normal fly" mode (like tow, hot3 etc) so they be much better and easier to kill helis (but still u can kill helis and jets easily if u know how)
And like i said, those hellfires on apache's should have 1km more range.

BTW thats good changes, now add normal MBTs for china and mostly Russia, T-90A, T-80UE1 etc.
And improve SB, add a option to pick spaa instead of heli/plane and maybe one more spawn for ground vehicle, so heli and planes going to be less usefull (i mean one heli its like 2+ tanks so thats why)
So its should be like:
2-3 spawns for ground vehicle and 1 spawn for HELI or PLANE or SPAA.

Edited by Polish_Satan
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Polish_Satan said:

So ka-52 should get VIKHR-M like in real, ka-50 can stay on 8km because its biased premium so its ok for me.
And i hope u sure about hellfire range, because those hellfires on apache's are different version than this on lynx or ah-1z for example, and they should have 9km range so...

the fact that you think the hellfire is comparable to vihkr makes me think you are a troll

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Polish_Satan said:

Lmaaaaao.

Where are you getting all this from? Starsteaks dont have a 10km range.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mason9872 said:

the fact that you think the hellfire is comparable to vihkr makes me think you are a troll

Well u know vihkrs are not AAM so why they get this mechanic? They have only promixity fuze for easier killing a air vehicles, but still, those missiles are mostly for ground targets, so lmao.
They should just nerf Vihkrs without this mechanics for real values ~8 km thats all. They are not iglas, stingers or something so lmao?
So you think (with devs) vihkrs are comparable to for example stingers?

• Confused 1

I know it is off-topic, but since patch is coming in less than 24 hours I don’t think there’s too much problem, so...

Could someone briefly explain what is so bad about Hellfires? I don’t have any hell with Hellfires not  Vihkr so I have no idea what all of this is about

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Polish_Satan said:

Because gaijin dont know how to make good hellfires, they should be much better than in game, and they should have options to select fly mode (low,mid, high) etc and normal ATGM like TOW etc fly mode, i mostly want "normal fly" mode (like tow, hot3 etc) so they be much better and easier to kill helis (but still u can kill helis and jets easily if u know how)
And like i said, those hellfires on apache's should have 1km more range.

BTW thats good changes, now add normal MBTs for china and mostly Russia, T-90A, T-80UE1 etc.
And improve SB, add a option to pick spaa instead of heli/plane and maybe one more spawn for ground vehicle, so heli and planes going to be less usefull (i mean one heli its like 2+ tanks so thats why)
So its should be like:
2-3 spawns for ground vehicle and 1 spawn for HELI or PLANE or SPAA.

Yes they definitely need to implement a direct fire mode for Hellfires, where the maximum range is 7km but at least it should be reliable. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Polish_Satan said:

Well u know vihkrs are not AAM so why they get this mechanic? They have only promixity fuze for easier killing a air vehicles, but still, those missiles are mostly for ground targets, so lmao.
They should just nerf Vihkrs without this mechanics for real values ~8 km thats all. They are not iglas, stingers or something so lmao?
So you think (with devs) vihkrs are comparable to for example stingers?

If the Vihkrs get affected then so should hellfires (could be wrong, but it would be weird if other heli ATGMs wouldn't get affected). So I don't see the complaint. 

Edited by dutchrenzo62
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

hellfires are not effective against air targets though vihkrs are so theres that and the range is more of a nerf for ground battles because no anti air can reach 10 km out

6 minutes ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

If the Vihkrs get affected then so should hellfires. So I don't see the complaint. 

Exactly!
But this is nonsense. Just remove this mechanics from missiles who are not AAMs. Just nerf vihkr's to realistic value 8km, and thats be enough.
Hellfires on apaches etc should have 9km range, and just add vihkr-m for ka-52, thats all, and everything should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Mason9872 said:

hellfires are not effective against air targets though vihkrs are so theres that and the range is more of a nerf for ground battles because no anti air can reach 10 km out

What? I killed so many helis with my hellfires on my viper, even JETS without no problem.
Even in DCS helis tries to kill you with hellfires when u are in jet, they dont have promixity fuze, but because of good aiming system they can kill helis and planes, even more if they finally add direct mode and other modes for hellfires.

Edited by Polish_Satan
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Firnen_ said:

> People: "Clouds look so terrible in this game ugh!"

> Gaijin: Updates cloud graphics

> People: "Omg, this looks amazing!"

> People 8 months later: "Clouds look so terrible in this game ugh!"

For some reason I didn't see the difference

Is it still limited to high end users only? (btw I'm playing on mid to high settings)

1 minute ago, TyphoonCro said:

For some reason I didn't see the difference

Is it still limited to high end users only? (btw I'm playing on mid to high settings)

Im playing on ultra and all i can say is clouds act like a big smoke thats so white i ve become angel looking to those. Even contrast couldnt make me turn back to being devil.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Also when you fly through clouds, you don't really have feeling like you are flying through clouds in WT

Clouds in WT are comparable to ones in FS2002/FS2004

But that, holy damn... That looks impressive

Yeah, in War Thunder, when you go into a cloud, it’s like a clean air bubble is formed around your plane and it doesn’t feel like you are inside, going through it, it’s weird xD

I hope they update them soon

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Also when you fly through clouds, you don't really have feeling like you are flying through clouds in WT

Clouds in WT are comparable to ones in FS2002/FS2004

But that, holy damn... That looks impressive

i have less problems with the clouds in the air than with snowfall on the ground. there is always a snowless cirlce around my tank

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stefffff1871 said:

i have less problems with the clouds in the air than with snowfall on the ground. there is always a snowless cirlce around my tank

Weather in WT is also weird...

On maps like Bastogne you can have snow from blue skies

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Yeah, in War Thunder, when you go into a cloud, it’s like a clean air bubble is formed around your plane and it doesn’t feel like you are inside, going through it, it’s weird xD

I hope they update them soon

The air from the wings should also move the cloud vapor around too.  Current it just feels like you going threw an smoke cloud with plane/jet slip stream not effecting it in anyway.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

I think people became more and more disappointed with War Thunder’s clouds after seing Flight Simulator 2020’s PRE-alpha footage xD

Daher_Socata_TBM_930_c_cropped.jpg

Also RDR2, a game that isnt even a flight simulator has much better cloud than WT. Also Microsoft FS 2020 and most other games do much better job in terms of over all lighting. WT has nuclear sun... Personally I want them to update older 3D models, like the G4N or B17s, B-25s. Last time they updated a 3D model was back in 1.87. My guess is that the market place has put a restriction on 3D model updates but idk. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal