1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

3 minutes ago, gszabi99_HUN said:

1.97.0.51 → 1.97.0.53 changes:

• AIM-9B: CxK: 3.6 → 3.9.
  • AIM-9E: CxK: 3.1 → 3.3, range reduced at all altitudes.
  • AIM-9J: CxK: 3.2 → 3.3, range reduced at all altitudes.
  • AIM-9L: CxK: 4.2 → 4.1.

Excuse me, but what does "CxK" mean?

medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

What does this mean if I may ask? Is this a buff or a nerf?

Buff, as far as I can see, the penetration will create more shrapnel, and the shrapnel will have higher pen and damage.

3 minutes ago, Brice2Nis59 said:

Excuse me, but what does "CxK" mean?

I hadn't had the slightest idea, just found out it's the drag coefficient, so the lower the better. Gonna edit the post now.

Edited by gszabi99_HUN
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, gszabi99_HUN said:

1.97.0.51 → 1.97.0.53 changes:

• New armor type: glass_fibre
  • Changes to long-rod APFSDS' secondary shatters.
  • AH-1Z, AH-64A, AH-64A Peten, AH-64D, AH Mk. 1, Mi-28N, Tiger HAD, Tiger HAP, Tiger UHT: fields of views changed.
  • Lots of tanks' fuel tanks now don't create secondary shatters.
  • Ground autocannons' APDS: breakingCriticalSpeed: 1050→ 1100, breakingDistance: 0.05 → 0.3. (I guess this influences shrapneling)
  • Shafrir, PL-2, R-3S, Rb24: drag coefficient: 3.6 → 3.9, endSpeed: 800 → 1000.
  • Firestreak: drag coefficient: 3.0 → 3.5, force: 35000 → 38000, range reduced at sea level and at 6 km altitude.
  • Red Top: drag coefficient: 3.1 → 3.8, force: 35000 → 36000, endSpeed: 1000 → 1300, range reduced at 6 km and 12 km altitude.
  • AIM-9B: drag coefficient: 3.6 → 3.9.
  • AIM-9E: drag coefficient: 3.1 → 3.3, range reduced at all altitudes.
  • AIM-9J: drag coefficient: 3.2 → 3.3, range reduced at all altitudes.
  • AIM-9L: drag coefficient: 4.2 → 4.1.
  • AGM-114K: endSpeed: 900 → 0.

Raw changes: https://github.com/gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine/commit/b4d17c7fd691e0b7586bb422adcca97f25292f09

Wait AIM-9L?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, OmegaSirius said:

Who knew there would be a better tank nation than Germany?

Ironically, the tank that is better than the German tank is a German tank with improvements

It's like when they add better plane versions to other nations rather than the countries of origin xD

• Haha 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can't decide if I'm more excited to get the actual patch itself, or the patch notes. Very interested to see a detailed list of changes.

Also it'd be fun if they celebrated every release with a flash sale in the store... :p:

Edited by Turenkarn
medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Ironically, the tank that is better than the German tank is a German tank with improvements

It's like when they add better plane versions to other nations rather than the countries of origin xD

Germany is supposed to be the superior nation the way I see it. I guess that's what Gaijin is trying to portray. 
The German M48 is at 7.0 in RB meaning, even a Jumbo has to deal with that thing.
The American M48 is still 7.3 in RB. I don't understand why one is lower than the other. That really doesn't make sense to me. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Turenkarn said:

Can't decide if I'm more excited to get the actual patch itself, or the patch notes. Very interested to see a detailed list of changes.

Also it'd be fun if they celebrated every release with a flash sale in the store... :p:

I'm also interested on the new camos that'll get introduced on the market.

10 minutes ago, OmegaSirius said:

Germany is supposed to be the superior nation the way I see it. I guess that's what Gaijin is trying to portray. 
The German M48 is at 7.0 in RB meaning, even a Jumbo has to deal with that thing.
The American M48 is still 7.3 in RB. I don't understand why one is lower than the other. That really doesn't make sense to me. 

On the other hand STRV 122 renders Leopard 2A5 obsolete (and almost every other tank). In War Thunder, it literally is the same tank just that with a nearly invulnerable glacis, opposite to Leopard 2A5's paper glacis (just like the Abrams tanks)

I hope next update brings Leopard 2A6EX and other similarily armored counterparts for everybody.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER

4 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

On the other hand STRV 122 renders Leopard 2A5 obsolete (and almost every other tank). In War Thunder, it literally is the same tank just that with a nearly invulnerable glacis, opposite to Leopard 2A5's paper glacis (just like the Abrams tanks)

I hope next update brings Leopard 2A6EX and other similarily armored counterparts for everybody.

I wonder if this means Americans will be receiving a SEP or Tusk variant Abrams? :DD

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

This one has me worried and wondering

This changed:

image.thumb.png.f08fb93a5131c85b12eb3648

For these: (Yes, I'm lazy.)

image.thumb.png.edbf9f3fd116143db0aaff31image.thumb.png.3d0e6b6313330a3ad06ea556

Also, I forgot about the Lvkv 90C getting its turret back armor type change to the new glass fibre.

Edited by gszabi99_HUN
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Now remember thread won't be closed until the update is live and people are joining. But farewell mira- I mean 1.97 R&R thread. Thanks to @magazine2, @Smin1080p, @Pacifica, and @gromvoiny for the insights and trying to keep us in line :lol2: 

Good luck in the next one ;)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, OmegaSirius said:

I wonder if this means Americans will be receiving a SEP or Tusk variant Abrams? :DD

Tusk is just ERA on the sides so i would rather not xD

When it comes to SEP... we already have SEP: the model ingame corresponds to a SEP... even if it has lower values than the lowest estimation of the downgraded export version prototype xD

Remember to take some screenshots of wallet warriors with their strv 122 tomorrow.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1