Turkish Ground Forces Tech Tree

PikPikker

Turkey in War Thunder  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Turkish tech tree in War Thunder?

• Yes!
    • Turkey should be a part of another tech tree.
    • No!

Hello, I'm going to suggest adding Turkey as a new combined nation to the game, and here is Turkish Ground Forces Tech Tree:

https://pikpikker.neocities.org/tur_wt.html

This is my own site where you can enlarge every picture and click any tank to read about it!

The tree as a picture:

Spoiler

tur_wt.png

Turkish tech tree might be considered weird, and it is indeed, but Turkey has a wide range of modern military machines to present us! There are different MBTs (including the famous Turkish Altay MBT), tank destroyers and SPAAGs which do not have any analogues. Though Turkey was neutral during WW2 (if we have to choose, then Turkey is a member of Allies), there are enough tanks to fill all the ranks.

Now I will give a little review on each line.

Line 1 - light tanks. Here we have a line mostly filled with light tanks. These machines were shown on exhibitions, so they have all the modern equipment to destroy the enemy. Also there are self-propelled howitzers.

Line 2 - medium tanks. Most of the tanks are just modifications, but closer to the end they are more and more unique - and Altay MBT as the great final.

Line 3 - tank destroyers. You are in the right place if you are looking for some high-tech way to demolish your enemy because there is a range of deadly missiles on compact platforms.

Line 4 - SPAAGs. Like all of my SPAAG branches, this one is full of indigenous anti-air vehicles as well (not counting Duster). The highlight of this branch is ACV-30 Korkut - modern double 35 mm anti-air gun to clear the skies.

Some words about my tech tree.

At first, I tried avoiding too many copies - and that is why not all the Turkish tanks might be here (for example, I avoided some import tanks like non-modernized M60).

All the BRs are approximate (or can be totally wrong), and were set as for arcade mode.

All the shown premium tanks can be implemented as available for purchase for Lions, pack specials or any others.

I expect BA-6 and Renault R35 to be the Reserve tanks.

Also there are only 5 tanks on rank 2 and 3, but it does not go against the game system of research: China has only 5 necessary vehicles to research on rank 2, and same for Italy on rank 3.

Vehicle count:

Rank 1: 8 (for research) + 1 (premiums)

Rank 2: 5 

Rank 3: 5

Rank 4: 6 + 2

Rank 5: 7 + 3

Rank 6: 10 + 2

Rank 7: 11

Total: 60 vehicles (52 without premiums)

Here is the vehicle list with all the tank pictures, but only some of them has a description. You can access decent sources for all other tanks from my site (I will also answer all the questions regarding my tree if you have any!).

Vehicles

Spoiler

Line 1 - light tanks

Spoiler

M8 Greyhound

Spoiler

m8.jpg

M3A1 Stuart

Spoiler

m3a1.jpg

M24 Chaffee

Spoiler

m24.jpg

Tank on this picture does not belong to Turkish army, the picture is of a random tank of this model from another army.

M108T

Spoiler

m108t.jpg

Tank on this picture does not belong to Turkish army, the picture is of a random tank of this model from another army.

M36 Jackson

Spoiler

m36.jpg

M44T

Spoiler

m44t.jpg

M52T

Spoiler

m52t.jpg

T-155 Firtina

Spoiler

t155.jpg

Tuzla MILAN

Spoiler

milan.jpg

Tuzla TOW

Spoiler

tuzlatow.jpg

FNSS Light Tank 90 mm

Spoiler

lt.jpg

Light tank with 90 mm gun turret installed on ACV-S APC in 2000s. 350 hp Detroit Diesel, protection against 14.5 mm shots all-around. Did not go further than a prototype.

Korhan

Spoiler

korhan.jpg

Otokar Arma Mizrak-30

Spoiler

arma30.jpg

ACV-15 BMP-3

Spoiler

bmp.jpg

Otokar Arma 105

Spoiler

arma105.jpg

Modern Medium Weight Tank (MMWT)

Spoiler

mmwt.jpg

Line 2 - medium tanks

Spoiler

BA-6

Spoiler

ba6.jpg

T-26 1933

Spoiler

t26.jpg

T-28

Spoiler

t28.jpg

Valentine Mk. III

Spoiler

valentine.jpg

M47 Patton

Spoiler

m47.jpg

M48A5T1 Patton

Spoiler

m48a5t1.jpg

M48A5T2 Patton

Spoiler

m48a5t2.jpg

Leopard 1T

Spoiler

leopard1t.jpg

M60T Sabra

Spoiler

sabra.jpg

M60TM

Spoiler

m60tm.jpg

Leopard 2A4

Spoiler

leopard2a4.jpg

Leopard 2A4NG

Spoiler

leopard2a4ng.jpg

Altay

Spoiler

altay.jpg

Line 3 - tank destroyers

Spoiler

Renault R35

Spoiler

r35.jpg

Hotchkiss H39

Spoiler

h35.jpg

Panzer III Ausf. M

Spoiler

pz3.jpg

Panzer IV Ausf. G

Spoiler

pz4.jpg

ACV-15 AIFV

Spoiler

aifv.jpg

ACV-15 Giat Dragar

Spoiler

dragar.jpg

ACV-15 ATV (Armored TOW Vehicle)

Spoiler

tow.jpg

ACV-19 CIRIT

Spoiler

cirit.jpg

ACV-15 HOT

Spoiler

hot.jpg

Tulpar

Spoiler

tulpar.jpg

Kaplan

Spoiler

kaplan.jpg

Tulpar-S ATGM

Spoiler

tulpars.jpg

Line 4 - SPAAGs

Spoiler

Vickers Light Tank Mk. VIB

Spoiler

vickers.jpg

Turkish army had 13 of those tanks.

Henschel 33 2M

Spoiler

henschel.jpg

Presumably Henschel 33 truck with double 7.62 mm Maxim's anti-air machine gun in 1940s.

M113A2T2

Spoiler

m113a2t2.jpg

M113A2T1

Spoiler

m113a2t1.jpg

Otokar Cobra 20 mm

Spoiler

cobra20.jpg

M42A1 Duster

Spoiler

m42.jpg

ACV-30 Korkut

Spoiler

korkut.jpg

Zipkin PMADS

Spoiler

zipkin.jpg

BRDM-2 PMADS

Spoiler

brdm.jpg

ACV-15 SPAAML

Spoiler

spaaml.jpg

ACV-30 HISAR

Spoiler

hisar.jpg

Line 5 - premiums

Spoiler

7TP

Spoiler

7tp.jpg

Tuzla M40

Spoiler

tuzla106.jpg

USMC M46 Patton B14

Spoiler

b14.jpg

T-122 Sakarya

Spoiler

t122.jpg

Asya

Spoiler

asya.jpg

Modern-looking self-propelled 155 mm L/52 howitzer but old inside. Was shown in 2017.

Yavuz

Spoiler

yavuz.jpg

Cobra TOW

Spoiler

cobra.jpg

M60AE

Spoiler

m60ae.jpg

M60 prototype with reactive armor. It is a technology demonstrator for Altay.

Sources

The full list of sources is pretty large, and you can access it here: https://pikpikker.neocities.org/about.html

Edited by PikPikker
Adding new vehicles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 25

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

+1, more trees please! Also @PikPikker how many more trees do you have up your sleeves? What's gonna be next? A Slovenian tree? xD

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Solarmod said:

+1, more trees please! Also @PikPikker how many more trees do you have up your sleeves? What's gonna be next? A Slovenian tree? xD

Honestly I'm running out of new trees, but there are several interesting tech trees to go. And no, there will be no Slovenian tree :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PikPikker said:

Honestly I'm running out of new trees, but there are several interesting tech trees to go. And no, there will be no Slovenian tree :D

I think there are a few left. There is ASEAN, Brazil, and South American countries.

Most of the other countries already have TTs or suggestions.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

5 minutes ago, Borotovas said:

There is ASEAN, Brazil, and South American countries.

Yes, they are the ones I'm going to create.

Some corrections and suggestions:

• The Hotchkiss H35 should in fact be an H39 with the SA-38 cannon. 
  • The M42 Duster should be updated to M42A1 standards.
  • The specific T-26 model is the T-26 1933.  
  • I suggest the addition of the Vickers light tank Mk VIB as a regular vehicle
  • I suggest the addition of the USMC M46 Patton "B14" as a premium in commemoration of the Turkish Brigade (Korean War)

Edited by Private_Wolk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Private_Wolk said:

Some corrections and suggestions:

• The Hotchkiss H35 should in fact be an H39 with the SA-38 cannon. 
  • The M42 Duster should be updated to M42A1 standards.
  • The specific T-26 model is the T-26 1933.  
  • I suggest the addition of the Vickers light tank Mk VIB as a regular vehicle
  • I suggest the addition of the USMC M46 Patton "B14" as a premium in commemoration of the Turkish Brigade (Korean War)

Big thanks for your participation in improving the Turkish tree! All the changes have been made :salute:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, PikPikker said:

Well, for future expansion, there still are many air tech trees for these nations left ;) .

• Upvote 1
medal

An important update was made due to Turkey did not have any Shermans or M41 Bulldog, so I removed them, but 2 new good vehicles was added: M36 Jackson and Otokar Cobra 20 mm.

• Upvote 3

On 02/01/2020 at 18:56, PikPikker said:

:crying: Not even a premium for another tree?

2 hours ago, Solarmod said:

:crying: Not even a premium for another tree?

Did Slovenia ever build any of their own vehicles?

medal medal

Okay... As a Turkish first I saw this. I think "NO!!!! Not another stupid nationalist turkish try to make our tanks op and making the tree full of copy-paste" Because in our country %75 of our nationalist population are racist nazis and they all thinking "TURKEY IS POWERFULL, WE ARE SUPERPOWER" and they are too cancer. But you got luck because Im a nationalist that not a racist or nazi. Secondly First think when I see this suggestion was. Thats impossible! why? as a turkish militarist I can easly say there is no turkish modification or domestic desing in 1938-1990. But you did it! I like the tree. Yes in start too much copy-paste but later oh boi! you did it and you got a +1 from me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/01/2020 at 21:20, Borotovas said:

Did Slovenia ever build any of their own vehicles?

Well, they've operated a few vehicles, and if a country needed a premium from another country to help fill a slot, as well, premiums will someday run out for countries like China, Sweden, other minor countries. So I was thinking maybe the Slovenians got at least some representation. I will do some research.

6 minutes ago, Solarmod said:

Well, they've operated a few vehicles, and if a country needed a premium from another country to help fill a slot, as well, premiums will someday run out for countries like China, Sweden, other minor countries. So I was thinking maybe the Slovenians got at least some representation. I will do some research.

Wait, Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia. So technically Yugoslavian vehicles would include Slovenia. Maybe independent Slovenia's vehicles could be in the Yugoslav tech tree.

Edited by Borotovas
medal medal

19 hours ago, Borotovas said:

Wait, Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia. So technically Yugoslavian vehicles would include Slovenia. Maybe independent Slovenia's vehicles could be in the Yugoslav tech tree.

Which was what I was thinking after I posted xD

32 minutes ago, Solarmod said:

Which was what I was thinking after I posted xD

Yes, so it wouldn't make sense to have an independent Slovenian tech tree lol.

But did Slovenia every have any unique camos? From all the pictures I saw of their modern tanks, none of the paint schemes they have scream "Slovenia".

medal medal

2 hours ago, Borotovas said:

Yes, so it wouldn't make sense to have an independent Slovenian tech tree lol.

But did Slovenia every have any unique camos? From all the pictures I saw of their modern tanks, none of the paint schemes they have scream "Slovenia".

Hm.. I'll do some looking.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Even while I'm a kinda against it, cuz Turkish Tree has no fully unique vehicles till the Modern Era... but as I can see You've puted so much effort for this suggestion and I'm a Turkish Citizen, come on! :lol2: I had to vote "Yes".

Gotta find some pictures from Turkish Brigade in Korea and Cyprus Operations, so even if this suggestion won't pass maybe some would find courage to model unique Turkish Camouflages which would be awesome :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal