Turkish Ground Forces Tech Tree

PikPikker

Turkey in War Thunder  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Turkish tech tree in War Thunder?

• Yes!
    • Turkey should be a part of another tech tree.
    • No!

On 27/03/2021 at 00:14, _Condottiero_ said:

I would be happy to see Turkey integrated into Italian tree.

This way the tree will get such vehicles as T-129, F-104S with AIM-9P (very needed plane as a step between AIM-9B and AIM-9L equipped planes) and just good top and pre-top line-ups with Ariete, Altay, Sabra, OF-40 and etc.

2 hours ago, Solarmod said:

Not a half-bad idea.

There is just one major problem. If we are going to get a WW1 Naval Mission. The Turks and the Italians were at war against each other.

If Turkey is being considered being added to the game. It is really a major issue where to bring the Turkeys tree to another nation. the best change i see it is in the US tree. But even there you can find issues. So my best bet is to give it the China treatment. and accept Copy Paste... Even though it's going to be annoying to grind through.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, eleks12 said:

If we are going to get a WW1 Naval Mission

I dont think this will happen and even if this would be the case, it wouldn't effect the ground and aviation techtree.

medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, ponnes said:

I dont think this will happen and even if this would be the case, it wouldn't effect the ground and aviation techtree.

Well the discussion rather the Austro-Hungarian Ships "the Tegetthoff class" Should go to Italy has allready been a Hot Topic. And i could see some major issues popping up If Turkey being Added to Italy is being considered.

Tegetthoff class battleships (dreadnought) - Other Nations - War Thunder - Official Forum

But i do think strengthening the Italian Tree with other minor nations would be a decent idea... We allready sortoff have Romanian vehicles in the Air Tree in form of Premiums.

Edited by eleks12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AEC Mk I Gun Carrier, Deacon

334315391_AECMkIGunCarrierDeacon-3.jpg.f

A British originated truck-based tank destroyer. It was used in North Africa and armed with QF 6 pounder. After Africa Campaign, some of the vehicles converted into ammunition carriers and remaining ones were sold to Turkey. It is a good candidate reserve for tank destroyer line. 

467221318_DeaconData-1.png.dd2d04af37699

Spoiler

1765323301_AECMkIGunCarrierDeacon-4.jpg.

330726483_AECMkIGunCarrierDeacon.jpg.f55 331230581_AECMkIGunCarrierDeacon-5.jpg.f

Forum Suggestion of @CaID

Sources

Edited by Dewastor
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/01/2020 at 06:34, PikPikker said:

Hello, I'm going to suggest adding Turkey as a new combined nation to the game, and here is Turkish Ground Forces Tech Tree:

https://pikpikker.neocities.org/tur_wt.html

This is my own site where you can enlarge every picture and click any tank to read about it!

The tree as a picture:

Reveal hidden contents

Turkish tech tree might be considered weird, and it is indeed, but Turkey has a wide range of modern military machines to present us! There are different MBTs (including the famous Turkish Altay MBT), tank destroyers and SPAAGs which do not have any analogues. Though Turkey was neutral during WW2 (if we have to choose, then Turkey is a member of Allies), there are enough tanks to fill all the ranks.

Now I will give a little review on each line.

Line 1 - light tanks. Here we have a line mostly filled with light tanks. These machines were shown on exhibitions, so they have all the modern equipment to destroy the enemy. Also there are self-propelled howitzers.

Line 2 - medium tanks. Most of the tanks are just modifications, but closer to the end they are more and more unique - and Altay MBT as the great final.

Line 3 - tank destroyers. You are in the right place if you are looking for some high-tech way to demolish your enemy because there is a range of deadly missiles on compact platforms.

Line 4 - SPAAGs. Like all of my SPAAG branches, this one is full of indigenous anti-air vehicles as well (not counting Duster). The highlight of this branch is ACV-30 Korkut - modern double 35 mm anti-air gun to clear the skies.

Some words about my tech tree.

At first, I tried avoiding too many copies - and that is why not all the Turkish tanks might be here (for example, I avoided some import tanks like non-modernized M60).

All the BRs are approximate (or can be totally wrong), and were set as for arcade mode.

All the shown premium tanks can be implemented as available for purchase for Lions, pack specials or any others.

I expect BA-6 and Renault R35 to be the Reserve tanks.

Also there are only 5 tanks on rank 2 and 3, but it does not go against the game system of research: China has only 5 necessary vehicles to research on rank 2, and same for Italy on rank 3.

Vehicle count:

Rank 1: 8 (for research) + 1 (premiums)

Rank 2: 5 

Rank 3: 5

Rank 4: 6 + 2

Rank 5: 7 + 3

Rank 6: 10 + 2

Rank 7: 11

Total: 60 vehicles (52 without premiums)

Here is the vehicle list with all the tank pictures, but only some of them has a description. You can access decent sources for all other tanks from my site (I will also answer all the questions regarding my tree if you have any!).

Vehicles

Reveal hidden contents

Line 1 - light tanks

Reveal hidden contents

M8 Greyhound

Reveal hidden contents

M3A1 Stuart

Reveal hidden contents

M24 Chaffee

Reveal hidden contents

m24.jpg

Tank on this picture does not belong to Turkish army, the picture is of a random tank of this model from another army.

M108T

Reveal hidden contents

m108t.jpg

Tank on this picture does not belong to Turkish army, the picture is of a random tank of this model from another army.

M36 Jackson

Reveal hidden contents

M44T

Reveal hidden contents

M52T

Reveal hidden contents

T-155 Firtina

Reveal hidden contents

Tuzla MILAN

Reveal hidden contents

Tuzla TOW

Reveal hidden contents

FNSS Light Tank 90 mm

Reveal hidden contents

lt.jpg

Light tank with 90 mm gun turret installed on ACV-S APC in 2000s. 350 hp Detroit Diesel, protection against 14.5 mm shots all-around. Did not go further than a prototype.

Korhan

Reveal hidden contents

Otokar Arma Mizrak-30

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 BMP-3

Reveal hidden contents

Otokar Arma 105

Reveal hidden contents

Modern Medium Weight Tank (MMWT)

Reveal hidden contents

Line 2 - medium tanks

Reveal hidden contents

BA-6

Reveal hidden contents

T-26 1933

Reveal hidden contents

T-28

Reveal hidden contents

t28.jpg

Valentine Mk. III

Reveal hidden contents

M47 Patton

Reveal hidden contents

M48A5T1 Patton

Reveal hidden contents

M48A5T2 Patton

Reveal hidden contents

Leopard 1T

Reveal hidden contents

M60T Sabra

Reveal hidden contents

M60TM

Reveal hidden contents

Leopard 2A4

Reveal hidden contents

Leopard 2A4NG

Reveal hidden contents

Altay

Reveal hidden contents

Line 3 - tank destroyers

Reveal hidden contents

Renault R35

Reveal hidden contents

r35.jpg

Hotchkiss H39

Reveal hidden contents

h35.jpg

Panzer III Ausf. M

Reveal hidden contents

Panzer IV Ausf. G

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 AIFV

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 Giat Dragar

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 ATV (Armored TOW Vehicle)

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-19 CIRIT

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 HOT

Reveal hidden contents

Tulpar

Reveal hidden contents

Kaplan

Reveal hidden contents

Tulpar-S ATGM

Reveal hidden contents

Line 4 - SPAAGs

Reveal hidden contents

Vickers Light Tank Mk. VIB

Reveal hidden contents

vickers.jpg

Turkish army had 13 of those tanks.

Henschel 33 2M

Reveal hidden contents

henschel.jpg

Presumably Henschel 33 truck with double 7.62 mm Maxim's anti-air machine gun in 1940s.

M113A2T2

Reveal hidden contents

M113A2T1

Reveal hidden contents

Otokar Cobra 20 mm

Reveal hidden contents

M42A1 Duster

Reveal hidden contents

m42.jpg

ACV-30 Korkut

Reveal hidden contents

Zipkin PMADS

Reveal hidden contents

BRDM-2 PMADS

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-15 SPAAML

Reveal hidden contents

ACV-30 HISAR

Reveal hidden contents

Line 5 - premiums

Reveal hidden contents

7TP

Reveal hidden contents

Tuzla M40

Reveal hidden contents

USMC M46 Patton B14

Reveal hidden contents

T-122 Sakarya

Reveal hidden contents

Asya

Reveal hidden contents

asya.jpg

Modern-looking self-propelled 155 mm L/52 howitzer but old inside. Was shown in 2017.

Yavuz

Reveal hidden contents

Cobra TOW

Reveal hidden contents

M60AE

Reveal hidden contents

m60ae.jpg

M60 prototype with reactive armor. It is a technology demonstrator for Altay.

Sources

The full list of sources is pretty large, and you can access it here: https://pikpikker.neocities.org/about.html

You are awsome bro at this times israel added on game so why not Turkish tech tree might not add ? In my oppinion if gaijin do it that will be huge advirtisement fot Turkiye (Turkey is old name it changed by government) and also all muslim countries like Azerbaijan Pakistan Kırgızistan Bangladesh Katar And more people wich are’s religion is muslim. One stone for more then one birds ;)

On 30/12/2021 at 19:08, Rockybrown said:

Modern vehicles VS early to mid WW2 again? No thanks. Either move those sci-fi vehicles to their right era or forget this tree.

Too late game hase more modern vehicles against to early and modern ww2 vehicles so too late for sad that !

medal medal medal

This is about Turkish Tech Tree, Bangladesh,Pakistan and Katar has no place in this tree and probably they dont want to be in this tree also.  Maybe you can add other Turkic countries like Azerbaijan,Kazakhstan,Kyrgyzstan,Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan  (why not Hungary?) but since all of them were a part of old Soviet Union; their most equipments are russian based so gaijin may not like this situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_Turkic_States

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

4 minutes ago, Buzx said:

This is about Turkish Tech Tree, Bangladesh,Pakistan and Katar has no place in this tree and probably they dont want to be in this tree also.

Agree with that. No one except Turkish/Azerbaijani citizens from the WT community & some military hardware fans who like modern Turkish equipments would get hyped by the addition of Turkish TT.

Even while by addition of Israeli TT it's giving us so much hope for other potential sub-trees, I still have big doubts for Turkish TT, cuz so limited unique vehicles, especially for Aviation which means we won't see anything more than original export vehicles until we reach Tier VI :dntknw:

But still, it would drown me in tears to see those babies in game... bittersweet memories :crysnail:

The biggest answer for this suggestions future will be Korean and Yugoslavian TT since they both have been passed to Devs before IINM

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/12/2021 at 17:08, Rockybrown said:

Modern vehicles VS early to mid WW2 again? No thanks. Either move those sci-fi vehicles to their right era or forget this tree.

I agree. Another boring copy-paste tree that will ruin the immersion even more. No, thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

What is the thought on a united Hungarian and Turkish Tech Tree where Hungary take care of the earlier ranks and Turkey the higher ranks? This way we could get a unique and a pretty solid ground forces tech tree. 

The reason I suggest a coalition of Hungary and Turkey is that there are sources claiming that Hungarian and Turkish people descend from the same ancestors or that these people lived together for some time.(It is possible that these sources are wrong. So correct me if I'm wrong.) And the both languages share similarities. They are both agglutinative unlike majority of the European languages.

• Like 1
medal

6 hours ago, SubapbaP said:

What is the thought on a united Hungarian and Turkish Tech Tree where Hungary take care of the earlier ranks and Turkey the higher ranks? This way we could get a unique and a pretty solid ground forces tech tree. 

The reason I suggest a coalition of Hungary and Turkey is that there are sources claiming that Hungarian and Turkish people descend from the same ancestors or that these people lived together for some time.(It is possible that these sources are wrong. So correct me if I'm wrong.) And the both languages share similarities. They are both agglutinative unlike majority of the European languages.

Very cool idea, but only a cool fantasy TT... People should get that they don't make new tech trees according to political views or personal fantasies. We need to look at things in realistic ways. Even Azerbaijani hardwares addition is kinda tenuous since all their arsenal is based on Soviet/Russian tech with very few exceptions of Turkish & Israeli exports.

It would be cool to see vehicles from various Turkic countries, but I don't think Gaijin would do that favor to this TT honestly.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It always ends up the same way with this discussion . Somebody suggesting a country has a  full tech tree but it turns out they don't except for a load of cut and paste or they create some fantasy coalition . You might say well we already have France ,China full of cut n Paste so ...... but that is the issue ,how many Shermans or T34 do we want ?  Gajin so far seem to insist on a Tech tree from 1st tier to top .They wont do partial or just modern tech trees .They have already struggled to complete France and China ,Israel is a long time coming and I am beginning to think Gajin might be sorry they ever started trying to appease every nation ,its where the prototypes and endless Shermans come in.Even Germany and UK have been hard to cover throughout all the ages and Japan never really went for tanks early on . Its become a bit of a mess from the old days .So many veterans say so and its easy to see what they mean .  

I have no issues personally with any Nation having a tech tree but there is a big difference between having a tech tree and having a few good vehicles. Maybe it is time for mini tiers or a miscellaneous sections ,Turkey do have some good vehicles ,there so do some South American ones too but no full tech trees .

Edited by EddieVanHalo@live
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EddieVanHalo@live said:

It always ends up the same way with this discussion . Somebody suggesting a country has a  full tech tree but it turns out they don't except for a load of cut and paste or they crete some fantasy coalition . You might say well we already have France ,China full of cut n Paste so ...... but that is the issue ,how may Shermans or T34 do we want ?  Gajin so far seem to insist on a Tech tree from 1st tier to top .They wont do partial or just modern tech trees .They have already struggled to complete France and China ,Israel is a long time coming and I am beginning to think Gajin might be sorry they ever started trying to appease every nation ,its where the prototypes and endless Shermans come in.Even Germany and UK have been hard to cover throughout all the ages and Japan never really went for tanks early on . Its become a bit of a mess from the old days .So many veterans say so and its easy to see what they mean .  

I have no issues personally with any Nation having a tech tree but there is a big difference between having a tech tree and having a few good vehicles. Maybe it is time for mini tiers or a miscellaneous sections ,Turkey do have some good vehicles ,there so do some South American ones too but no full tech trees .

France having copy-paste planes and ground forces is 99% Gaijin's fault because they do not add actual French planes which existed and were built, same with ground forces. China also lacks its own variants/modifications even in early tech tree which they built, renovated. There is even a really really good suggestion on fully Indigenous Chinese air tech tree which does not have as many holes as you would have thought. Italy is lacking vehicles too but they actualy created and built many but Gaijin does not add them. Gaijin does not seem to regret anything honestly and they should not. Also Israel starts at Post WW2 era so that is partial tree and not from Rank I but Rank IV.

Edited by Black_Red_Baron
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Black_Red_Baron said:

France having copy-paste planes and ground forces is 99% Gaijin's fault because they do not add actual French planes which existed and were built, same with ground forces. China also lacks its own variants/modifications even in early tech tree which they built, renovated. There is even a really really good suggestion on fully Indigenous Chinese air tech tree which does not have as many holes as you would have thought. Italy is lacking vehicles too but they actualy created and built many but Gaijin does not add them. Gaijin does not seem to regret anything honestly and they should not. Also Israel starts at Post WW2 era so that is partial tree and not from Rank I but Rank IV.

You aren't making much sense there .Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing ? You say Gajin have made a bad job of other tech trees but have nothing to apologise for ? If Gaijin can do better tech trees that they have then wouldn't we all like to see this ? I'll reserve judgement on Israel's tree until we see it.  

6 minutes ago, EddieVanHalo@live said:

You aren't making much sense there .Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing ? You say Gajin have made a bad job of other tech trees but have nothing to apologise for ? If Gaijin can do better tech trees that they have then wouldn't we all like to see this ? I'll reserve judgement on Israel's tree until we see 

The point was that Gaijin should not struggle filling up a tech trees that they added in game except some at certain Brs, especialy not French. It was their own decision to add many Shermans and other copy paste tanks to other tech trees. I never said anything about them apologising but that they will never feel sorry for what they added to the game as it is just easier to copy and paste compared to cresting completely new tank for s tech tree. I hope this makes it more understandable :)

14 minutes ago, Black_Red_Baron said:

The point was that Gaijin should not struggle filling up a tech trees that they added in game except some at certain Brs, especialy not French. It was their own decision to add many Shermans and other copy paste tanks to other tech trees. I never said anything about them apologising but that they will never feel sorry for what they added to the game as it is just easier to copy and paste compared to cresting completely new tank for s tech tree. I hope this makes it more understandable :)

If Gajin are willing to start a Turkey Tech  later on then Turkey have some very good vehicles . :salute: 

5 hours ago, EddieVanHalo@live said:

It always ends up the same way with this discussion . Somebody suggesting a country has a  full tech tree but it turns out they don't except for a load of cut and paste or they create some fantasy coalition . You might say well we already have France ,China full of cut n Paste so ...... but that is the issue ,how many Shermans or T34 do we want ?  Gajin so far seem to insist on a Tech tree from 1st tier to top .They wont do partial or just modern tech trees .They have already struggled to complete France and China ,Israel is a long time coming and I am beginning to think Gajin might be sorry they ever started trying to appease every nation ,its where the prototypes and endless Shermans come in.Even Germany and UK have been hard to cover throughout all the ages and Japan never really went for tanks early on . Its become a bit of a mess from the old days .So many veterans say so and its easy to see what they mean .  

There is no comparison between France and Turkey. There are still many competitive french tanks and aircraft that are waiting to be added to the game. France always had an immeasurably bigger arms industry than Turkey, both in quality and quantity.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal