Argentine Ground Forces Tech Tree

OsO73

Argentine Ground forces Tech tree?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this Tech tree in game ?

• Yes.
    • no.(explain below)

6 minutes ago, ARGENTVS said:

It doesn't fire like that. It has to be moved to the side, it was for tank hunting ambushes.

Moved to the side ? could you provide some sort of info about this? i couldn't find much about it !

medal

On 10/05/2021 at 18:55, OsO73 said:

Moved to the side ? could you provide some sort of info about this? i couldn't find much about it !

Actually I found it was fired like that. The missile, like many others, don't start the engine when fired, it first is propelled by a minor charge and ignites a few meters ahead of the launcher.

32156728966_b4302bb1e6_o.jpg

medal medal

6 hours ago, ARGENTVS said:

Actually I found it was fired like that. The missile, like many others, don't start the engine when fired, it first is propelled by a minor charge and ignites a few meters ahead of the launcher.

32156728966_b4302bb1e6_o.jpg

Hmmm, still there is going to be a detonation less than a meter from someones face, also where is the "gunner" supposed to go? if you have more info about it, ill thank you. Those are amazing pictues!

medal

6 minutes ago, OsO73 said:

Hmmm, still there is going to be a detonation less than a meter from someones face, also where is the "gunner" supposed to go? if you have more info about it, ill thank you. Those are amazing pictues!

If you look closely you can make out the control wire at the back of the jeep. It seems like it's fired from outside the vehicle which would be a problem for its implementation into the tree.

• Like 2
medal medal medal

Well, if nothing else it can be said that the Argentinian tree definitely has its own distinct playstyle.  None of its vehicles can be said to have any armor worth speaking of, but are generally above average in terms of mobility and with adequate to excellent firepower.  For a player that prefers a flanking, mobile playstyle, this would be perfect, though those who prefer brawling and using your armor to be the tip of the spear should probably look elsewhere.  They're a bit like the Italians and the high-tier French in that regard.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Yes it is fired dismounted. 
But so are several vehicles in the game. 

The japanese SPG and other modern ones are usually fired dismounted with a chord and the loaders get inside after each shot for security reasons that might be ignored during a quick combat mission with counter battery risk.

The Ontos was fired with the crew dismounted.

MLRS like the Katyushka and Grad are fired dismounted. Many early ATGM carriers used a wire to be fired and the crew behind some cover or foxhole.

medal medal

13 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Well, if nothing else it can be said that the Argentinian tree definitely has its own distinct playstyle.  None of its vehicles can be said to have any armor worth speaking of, but are generally above average in terms of mobility and with adequate to excellent firepower.  For a player that prefers a flanking, mobile playstyle, this would be perfect, though those who prefer brawling and using your armor to be the tip of the spear should probably look elsewhere.  They're a bit like the Italians and the high-tier French in that regard.

The only armored vehicles Argentina could use were Pattons rejected by the Army for being utterly fuel inefficient and weak in firepower, along not offerering tech transfer nor local production.
In the 1990s we could have had the TAP, a 1980's concept that didn't even reached the design table. It was one of the projects of another country no longer exist, like the nuclear submarines and ballistic missiles, nukes, everything cancelled in the 1990s.
The TAP (Tanque Argentino Pesado - Heavy Argentine Tank) was to be a evolutionary variant of the TAM using the VCA 155 mm enlarged chasis using 7 pairs of roadwheels. An up powered engine to 850-900 HP , a new turret that would most likely be a derivative from the Leopard IIA4 if not outrigt it and a Rheinmetall 120 mm L/44 gun.
I am not sure about the armor, the Leopard II and the TAM have around the same armor in the front hull, 32/35/40 mm. I think the chasis would had been the same TAM with some composite spaced strapped to it reaching something above 50 tons.
But, it never even got to be drawn, so it wont fit in this tree criteria.

Speculative Art from Zona-militar.com/foros

8172892715_8ef64b0d26_z.jpg

6c942f81529617b06c86e7418f4461d4o.jpg

Just for fun, watch a TAM doing shallow wadding in training.

Edited by ARGENTVS
medal medal

13 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Totally agree with you, but i guess if players like brawling, they could have some fun with the DL-43, the M4A4, the M-60A1 and maybe the Uruguayan Premium Ti-67.:lol2:

1 hour ago, ARGENTVS said:

Yes it is fired dismounted. 
But so are several vehicles in the game. 

The japanese SPG and other modern ones are usually fired dismounted with a chord and the loaders get inside after each shot for security reasons that might be ignored during a quick combat mission with counter battery risk.

The Ontos was fired with the crew dismounted.

MLRS like the Katyushka and Grad are fired dismounted. Many early ATGM carriers used a wire to be fired and the crew behind some cover or foxhole.

For now this vehicle will stay with the "possible incorporations", as im still trying to find info about it.

1 hour ago, ARGENTVS said:

The only armored vehicles Argentina could use were Pattons rejected by the Army for being utterly fuel inefficient and weak in firepower, along not offerering tech transfer nor local production.
In the 1990s we could have had the TAP, a 1980's concept that didn't even reached the design table. It was one of the projects of another country no longer exist, like the nuclear submarines and ballistic missiles, nukes, everything cancelled in the 1990s.
The TAP (Tanque Argentino Pesado - Heavy Argentine Tank) was to be a evolutionary variant of the TAM using the VCA 155 mm enlarged chasis using 7 pairs of roadwheels. An up powered engine to 850-900 HP , a new turret that would most likely be a derivative from the Leopard IIA4 if not outrigt it and a Rheinmetall 120 mm L/44 gun.
I am not sure about the armor, the Leopard II and the TAM have around the same armor in the front hull, 32/35/40 mm. I think the chasis would had been the same TAM with some composite spaced strapped to it reaching something above 50 tons.
But, it never even got to be drawn, so it wont fit in this tree criteria.

Speculative Art from Zona-militar.com/foros

8172892715_8ef64b0d26_z.jpg

6c942f81529617b06c86e7418f4461d4o.jpg

Just for fun, watch a TAM doing shallow wadding in training.

The TAP never existed, not in drawings or in proposals, it was an idea that came out of someone upon stumbling with a turret-less VCA Hull.

1 minute ago, ARGENTVS said:

I just red in Zona Militar, that the Germans made a 3rd "TAM" prototype, called TH-301/120 with a different turret and a 120 mm cannon. That existed so it might be good.

indeed it exists, but it doesn't have much to do with Argentina (could be a premium, i guess)

medal

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Argentina could be part of the German tree because of the new TAM 2ip it gives me to understand that they are going to put it with Germany and I am doing the same as you but in the German tree when I finish it I will pass it and you think. I'm not trying to **** everything you did, what you do seems great to me and I'm going to keep saying it. regards

yo creo que argentina podría ser parte del árbol alemán por el nuevo TAM 2ip me da a entender que lo van a poner con Alemania y yo estoy haciendo lo mismo que tu pero en el árbol alemán ya cuando lo termine lo paso y tu opinas. no trato cagarte todo lo que hiciste me parece genial lo que tu haces y lo voy a seguir diciendo. saludos 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

9 hours ago, Twich-Mystyk@psn said:

I think that Argentina could be part of the German tree because of the new TAM 2ip it gives me to understand that they are going to put it with Germany and I am doing the same as you but in the German tree when I finish it I will pass it and you think. I'm not trying to **** everything you did, what you do seems great to me and I'm going to keep saying it. regards

yo creo que argentina podría ser parte del árbol alemán por el nuevo TAM 2ip me da a entender que lo van a poner con Alemania y yo estoy haciendo lo mismo que tu pero en el árbol alemán ya cuando lo termine lo paso y tu opinas. no trato cagarte todo lo que hiciste me parece genial lo que tu haces y lo voy a seguir diciendo. saludos 

No problem, its ok!, but you might wanna check some of the vehicles that the tree have that are not German related!!

medal

On 02/06/2021 at 12:12, OsO73 said:

No problem, its ok!, but you might wanna check some of the vehicles that the tree have that are not German related!!

if my idea was something similar to the tree that the British put in. My idea is to put Argentine-made vehicles such as the DL43, the PATAGON, VCLC, TAM PALMARIA, etc. also put very iconic tanks from Argentina and put rare tanks like the UNIMOG, the HUMVEE, Marrua RBS 70, M113 AA, etc.

si mi idea era algo parecido al árbol que metieron a los británico. mi idea es meter vehículos de fabricación argentina como el DL43, el PATAGON, VCLC, TAM PALMARIA, etc. también meter tanque muy icónicos de argentina y meter tanque raros como los UNIMOG, el HUMVEE, Marrua RBS 70, M113 AA, etc  

• Like 1
medal

• 3 weeks later...

If the TAM VCDA is not up to the requirements to be added since it never was made or designed, then i would suggest to take into consideration to put the peruvian Shilka or the brazilian Gepard instead, or even the chileans had Gepards for a very short amount of time, aparently.

Those vehicles could make up for the hole for AAs on tier VI

Edited by Shadow_Hashashin@psn

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly i think that it wouldn`t be too far-fetched to add the uruguaian vehicles into a sub-tree along with the argentine vehicles, if it wasn`t because of the lack of candidates to fill the tier 2 gap sadly.

Also a few extra vehicles that could be added too are the m41a1 and the m41 caxias, both are in use by the uruguaian army.

Edited by Shadow_Hashashin@psn

3 hours ago, Shadow_Hashashin@psn said:

I think that it wouldn`t be too far-fetched to add the uruguaian vehicles into a sub-tree along with the argentine vehicles, if it wasn`t because of the lack of candidates to fill the tier 2 gap sadly.

Also a few extra vehicles that could be added too are the m41a1 and the m41 caxias, both are in use by the uruguaian army.

That could be an interesting proposition although the Argentines do need some proper premiums as well. Another Uruguayan vehicle I found worthy of premium or event status is this unique M24 Chaffee. This particular tank (No.16) was equipped with a domestically made dozer blade during the late 1960s to fight an urban insurgency.  

M24+Tensa.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Well, im back after (a long not so long absence), on todays update ill be adressing some minor changes and also addressing stuff for upcoming changes

Todays changes were really simple

• Moved the Crusader 75 (Bofors) to 3.7
  • Moved the Jeep DGFM to 4.0
  • Moved the Crusader 105 to 3.0

The changes on both 75mm users is because after reviewing the manual (this one is clearly not classified btw) for the DGFM 75mm recoilless rifle it claims its maximum penetration is 150mm of armor, clearly something that puts the gun in a more 3.7/4.3 range (BRs could change in the future).

Regarding further inclusions and changes...

• About Rocket vehicles

There are quite a good number of them, actually more than i thought, up to the point where i wonder if just might include them in another line or just add more of them as gift or premiums, (there are quite a lot of them and we would probably see their arrival in some time)

• Should Uruguayan vehicles be added to the regular tree in order to fill gaps and add more variety?

Im dubious about it, and i want to know what your opinion is, after all this is an Argentine Tree.

• Replacement for SPAA..

There actually are a couple of options to replace the never built top SPAA (or another in a lower BR), and...youre not gonna like it cause...its a ZSU-24-4 Shilka... the story of this is regards an Argentine Company (TENSA) modernizing examples of this type for a neighboring country, the work also included T-55s and other vehicles.

• More premiums?

Like last point, this company TENSA, also modernized other vehicles for various nations, this could be added as premiums for the tree. Or in another case, certain unit vehicles.

im sorry that i take so long to do certain changes and updates, but again, im a single person for the whole trees (+ another suggestions) and its reasonable that i take some time for it, i hope that you can understand. 

• Upvote 2
medal

Uruguay should most definitely have its own line in the Argentine tech tree, I just don't see any way around it when it comes to expanding the tree. I've also heard of a TENSA upgrade for the Uruguayan M24 Chaffee of which one prototype was supposedly built.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, WayOfTheWolk said:

Uruguay should most definitely have its own line in the Argentine tech tree, I just don't see any way around it when it comes to expanding the tree. I've also heard of a TENSA upgrade for the Uruguayan M24 Chaffee of which one prototype was supposedly built.  

Ooh, i never heard of such upgrade for the Uruguayan Army, do you have more details about it?

medal

2 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Ooh, i never heard of such upgrade for the Uruguayan Army, do you have more details about it?

Hi Oso, take the source as a grain of salt but it does sound rather convincing. I will have to reach out to some Uruguayan sources to confirm this story. 

http://otm-uswot.blogspot.com/2018/04/m24-tensa.html

Additionally I have recently come upon this interesting forum that documents the country's military history, definitely recommend you check it out!

http://www.uruguaymilitaria.com/Foro/archive/index.php

Some additional vehicles I have found so far include:

Land Rover Defender with MILAN launcher

58G7q68.jpeg

RM-70 MLRS

rm70.jpg

TBP OT-93C 

7194098446_3269e53620_b.jpg

M-41 Caxias 

Z3IGxcV.jpeg

M41 A1 UR

M41UR.jpg