Argentine Ground Forces Tech Tree

OsO73

Argentine Ground forces Tech tree?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this Tech tree in game ?

• Yes.
    • no.(explain below)

18 hours ago, el_Argentino said:

+1 TAM 2CA2 for TT

FxTmCpOXoAEEXI8.jpg.9f1f003e5abd11d17535

And TAM 2C with IP mod.

Ive seen the anouncement of the 2CA2, ill try to add it as soon as i can (and maybe recheck some BRs and other things)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
medal

As promised, i did a little update, I added 2 new variations of the TAM, and a "rocket vehicle" of some sorts..

The TAM2CA2 (latest upgrade of the TAM family)

Spoiler

350100620_1089696558655255_5936130267784

The Premium TAM "221" featuring an urban camo/protection.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230525-183949.png.1c834df2c

And the premium YARARA system

Spoiler

This vehicle was developed by TENSA.SA a private company of argentine origin, they adapted a rocket system by the name "JEJEN" into a Chevrolet C-10 chassis, although this system was not adopted by the Argentine Armed forces (at least i havent been able to found anything about it serving in argentina) it was exported to Nicaragua and some rumors indicate that it also made its way to iran, although this is unconfirmed.

The vehicle is armed with 42 tubes that contain "Albatross" rockets (FFAR equivalent)

Captura_de_pantalla_2022-02-07_a_las_20.

• Thanks 2
medal

Since the addition of things like the type 87 and other modern vehicles arm only with autocanons would You consider adding similar vehicles?, i dont know , something like the vctp (some people don't know this but a Lot of vctp right know have 20 mm oerlikon auto canon instead of the original rh 202 , this result on a very high rate of fire)

On 28/09/2020 at 04:58, OsO73 said:

I had the Yacare on hold, since its towing the AA gun, and we dont have things like that (we also have quite a few SPAA using the same 20mm gun). we'll see if this are really needed rn. anyway thanks for the effort !!

I'm basing of the tank encyclopedia here but it Said that i could Tow more than just a 20mm and if they don't allow it , You could still try to add it as an AA since (My source it's the tank encyclopedia so probably wrong) its armed with 2 11.35mm Madsen machineguns  (of course it would be awfull as an AA in that configuration since the guns can't rotate 360° nor they aim very high but it would be a cool early Game addition)

Argentina. I think it is ideal to make it german subtree. And now, I am ready to see these confused comments.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, WG678 said:

Argentina. I think it is ideal to make it german subtree. And now, I am ready to see these confused comments.

Personally I would prefer an Argentine/Latin American tree. It would also be a specific space for other vehicles that I would like to see in the game, such as the Peruvian Tifon or the Brazilian Osorio.

But, if gaijin doesn't have these plans in mind, or if they are planned to come in 2030... then I have no problem seeing the Argentine vehicles in the German TT.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, el_Argentino said:

Personally I would prefer an Argentine/Latin American tree. It would also be a specific space for other vehicles that I would like to see in the game, such as the Peruvian Tifon or the Brazilian Osorio.

But, if gaijin doesn't have these plans in mind, or if they are planned to come in 2030... then I have no problem seeing the Argentine vehicles in the German TT.

I don't like the idea of just making a sub tree like south Africa because the German tree would masive if they add all the vehicles (wich i don't think they would do ) or they would add just a few to make another line on the tech tres like south africa , i don't like this idea because we would miss some intresting vehicles , but in the case that the independent tech tree isnt posible maybe do a mercosur tech tres (doesnt really make a Lot of sence since it's a trade unión and not a defence one ) , also i don't think brazilian would enjoy the idea of being part of the argentine tech tree

Edited by Peterkin2
  • Upvote 1

On 09/06/2023 at 02:31, Peterkin2 said:

Since the addition of things like the type 87 and other modern vehicles arm only with autocanons would You consider adding similar vehicles?, i dont know , something like the vctp (some people don't know this but a Lot of vctp right know have 20 mm oerlikon auto canon instead of the original rh 202 , this result on a very high rate of fire)

Im aware of it, and the use of both the oerlikon and RH202 guns (i think i made a coment about them in the past). To be fair i always retained them since they never got an ATGM or something a bit more powerful to go with the 20mm, ill probably add them next update tho.

On 09/06/2023 at 02:50, Peterkin2 said:

I'm basing of the tank encyclopedia here but it Said that i could Tow more than just a 20mm and if they don't allow it , You could still try to add it as an AA since (My source it's the tank encyclopedia so probably wrong) its armed with 2 11.35mm Madsen machineguns  (of course it would be awfull as an AA in that configuration since the guns can't rotate 360° nor they aim very high but it would be a cool early Game addition)

Yeah its not gonna be very ejoyable but...well, i could add it a as more of a novelty vehicle (gift or something)

• Upvote 1
medal

9 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Im aware of it, and the use of both the oerlikon and RH202 guns (i think i made a coment about them in the past). To be fair i always retained them since they never got an ATGM or something a bit more powerful to go with the 20mm, ill probably add them next update tho.

Yeah its not gonna be very ejoyable but...well, i could add it a as more of a novelty vehicle (gift or something)

The only problem with the vctp is what br should it go , it would be like the r3 except it can not fulfill the role of an aa , it's a bigger target and isnt as agile. Also i don't think the player base would be happy with another 70's vehicle  mixed with ww2 vehicles 

1 hour ago, Peterkin2 said:

The only problem with the vctp is what br should it go , it would be like the r3 except it can not fulfill the role of an aa , it's a bigger target and isnt as agile. Also i don't think the player base would be happy with another 70's vehicle  mixed with ww2 vehicles 

Just drop it at 7.0/7.3 like the RCV (P) and be done with it. It's a highly mobile stabilized 20mm autocannon carrier with access to DM63. If it has to be dropped, then it will be dropped. If that drop results it fighting WW2 stuff then it'll just have to be another thing anyone who cares about that stuff will have to deal with.

Edited by DMYEugen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 6/11/2023 at 8:36 PM, Peterkin2 said:

Remember if You lack a sourse dont be scare to call the musseums and military schools, not all information it's gonna be easy to find on the internet 

DRL1cEX.png

OMG I was curious to know what this is?!!!

medal medal medal

On 01/06/2023 at 18:13, OsO73 said:

Ive seen the anouncement of the 2CA2, ill try to add it as soon as i can (and maybe recheck some BRs and other things)

Does Argentina have any better 105mm APFSDS than DM63? If not, I wonder how high above the TAM 2C it would actually be in game. Maybe 10.3, as all it really adds are better thermals and commander fire controls. 

medal

3 hours ago, ChieftainWarrior said:

Does Argentina have any better 105mm APFSDS than DM63? If not, I wonder how high above the TAM 2C it would actually be in game. Maybe 10.3, as all it really adds are better thermals and commander fire controls. 

Ammunition is used for balance. Many vehicles in the game do not use their actual ammunition. Some use APFSDS better than real and others worse. For example: Leopard 2PL should have better ammunition than 2A5.

TAM 2CA2 can receive Israeli M428 Sword or the best Chinese DTW2-105mm APFSDS (which was even purchased for the common TAM a few years ago), or just M900. In addition, TAM 2CA2 has the ability to fire Lahat missiles and automatic target tracking installed.

Finally, the vehicle can receive the IP packet.

Edited by el_Argentino
medal medal medal

5 hours ago, el_Argentino said:

Ammunition is used for balance. Many vehicles in the game do not use their actual ammunition. Some use APFSDS better than real and others worse. For example: Leopard 2PL should have better ammunition than 2A5.

TAM 2CA2 can receive Israeli M428 Sword or the best Chinese DTW2-105mm APFSDS (which was even purchased for the common TAM a few years ago), or just M900. In addition, TAM 2CA2 has the ability to fire Lahat missiles and automatic target tracking installed.

Finally, the vehicle can receive the IP packet.

Something funny happend with one the the ammunitions mention there

tamchi.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 不是很能抗压 said:

I heard about Argentina's purchase of these ammunition for the first time, but unfortunately, I cannot find any relevant information.:salute:

Now I understand the question. It is in relation to Chinese ammunition.

There is not much reliable information on this.

The purchase was certainly made, but the model of ammunition is not exactly known. Korean ammunition was also purchased in those years. This was to answer the other forum member about whether Argentina got something other than Israeli or German ammunition.

We have purchased Chinese ammunition, including the "latest generation 105mm", around 2007. According to unofficial sources (military personnel who used them in the field) the results were not satisfactory. (if I can get more information on this I will let you know)

In my personal opinion it would be inappropriate to say that the deflagration of the TAM cannon was due to the poor quality of the ammunition, at least I would have liked to have more details but not all information is public.

We are currently purchasing a large batch of ammunition again, specifically from Norinco, including the 105mm. This time, they will be approved in our country and will also be used to be sold (prior Argentine approval) in Latin America.

I have attached some reliable sources that could give you more information on this. (they are in Spanish)

https://www.infodefensa.com/texto-diario/mostrar/4267127/argentina-reune-norinco-acuerdos

Edited by el_Argentino
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal

12 hours ago, el_Argentino said:

The purchase was certainly made, but the model of ammunition is not exactly known. Korean ammunition was also purchased in those years. This was to answer the other forum member about whether Argentina got something other than Israeli or German ammunition.

We have purchased Chinese ammunition, including the "latest generation 105mm", around 2007. According to unofficial sources (military personnel who used them in the field) the results were not satisfactory. (if I can get more information on this I will let you know)

In my personal opinion it would be inappropriate to say that the deflagration of the TAM cannon was due to the poor quality of the ammunition, at least I would have liked to have more details but not all information is public.

We are currently purchasing a large batch of ammunition again, specifically from Norinco, including the 105mm. This time, they will be approved in our country and will also be used to be sold (prior Argentine approval) in Latin America.

I have attached some reliable sources that could give you more information on this. (they are in Spanish)

https://www.infodefensa.com/texto-diario/mostrar/4267127/argentina-reune-norinco-acuerdos

Thank you very much, because I have never seen Norinco sell shells separately before, they usually sell ammunition together with tanks, which is very interesting.:salute:

Edited by 不是很能抗压
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, el_Argentino said:

Lets hope this time it goes better (unrelated pic)

equipamiento_chino-1.jpg