Switching nation for the swiss Hunter F.58

Command_oCommand

This topic is made with the intent to appeal to change the new swiss Hunter F.58.

As most people now knows, the Hunter F.58 is currently in the german tech tree. I am suggesting that the Hunter F.58 be removed from the german tech tree and be instead but either in the british tree or the french one.

My arguments supporting my idea are that the Hunter F.58 is plane that is british in design and operated by a nation that is not (or should I say "was not until now") represented into the game.

For the sake of the argument I will formulate my points as if the Hunter was not yet in game.

Switzerland not being represented in game should have its vehicles put in a nation that represents it the most or that at the very least the designing country gets to have it. In this case, Britain and France.

Why Britain? Because as simply as it is, the Hunter is a british plane in design. It was britain that developped the skeleton of it so to speak.

Why France? Because yes, one might argue that Switzerland has connections to Germany and it is true. This can be seen with swiss cold war era tanks, a good example of it being the Leopard 2A4. However it is not Switzerland's strongest connection. The strongest connection Switzerland has being France.

I could be very wrong with the following point but I do have a strong feeling that the main reason the swiss Hunter got added in Germany was due to the fact that both countries share a language and that Switzerland's relation with France in the past is not too well known.

Switzerland has been closer to Germany militarily speaking since the middle of the cold war. While with France it has been for over a century now (more notably during World War 2).

Switzerland made a secret military agreement (La Charité-sur-Loire secret archive) with France during the middle of the 30s in case of german invasion of the french territory. Agreement mentioned on the official swiss government web site  At the time, to Switzerland, Germany was seen as a threat. The agreement consisted of forming 9 french divisions that will cooperate with Switzerland aswell as other french infantery divisions to make contact with the swiss army around the village of Gempen, outside of the city of Basel.

Switzerland purchased some two hundreds of AMX-13s in the middle of the 50s.

More in the past, France also had major influence on Switzerland's development, the most notable one being the formation of the Helvetic Republic, where France imposed a centralisation of the cantons. Making cantons no longer sovereign. As before this, each cantons at the time were fully sovereign, ruling over their own territories and there was no central power. 

So, for all of these reasons, I do believe and highly suggest that the swiss Hunter be put in the french tech tree. Similarly as to what was done to the SK-105.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 27
  • Upvote 45
medal medal medal medal medal

I think the Hunter is fine where it is now. There have been past events such as Merkava, which has no connection with the US at all but was introduced into the US ground force tech tree. All of these add bits of variety and colors to the gameplay.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Upvote 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal

It will never happen

US, Germany and Russia tree are the most popular tree in game

Gaijin could make most money in those 3 nations.

They will always be favorite for the Dev, Gaijin are not charity after all

it is not new, just look at the German Sea Hawk so much better compare to British TT one

embrace the truth join them or accept the fate of minor/lesser nation

at least you could use this as an example for DF 105 for France and Canadian Leo for Brit

Sooner you embrace the fate, the better the life would be :crying:

Edited by Silent_Witch
added the last sentance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I will repeat my comment from the update thread, as my opinion remains the same:

What annoys me about the hunter is the fact that all their previous logic doesnt work for its addition to the german tech tree as outlined below:

> Canadian mexas leopard, goes to Germany, not the UK, because the base vehicle is German as it is based on a german vehicle.

> Class 3P goes to Germany, not the UK, because it was built with assitance from German company for   and in South Africa, and at the time there was no south african tree (That came a patch later)

> Australian M1A1 Abrams goes to the USA, not the UK, because the base vehicle is American tank even if literally every other ozzie vehicle is in the british tech tree.

> Ram II is in the us tech tree, even though it was never operated by them, and is the wrong version that they tested,  because it used american made transmission elements

> Boarhoud in the US tech tree, because it was made in america, even if it was made for an order by the british, who were the only operator of it

But when the swiss hunter comes around it goes to germany, even if its based on a british vehicle, there is no justification for it being in the german tech tree, as if that was the case the Class 3(p) would have been in the brit tree, but it wasnt.  This just reeks of  "Rules for Thee not for Me" and makes it clear Gaijin did not learn their lesson after the backlash from the DF 105, as it just seems that they will do anything in their power to avoid giving something to britian if they think they can make more money off it by sticking it in one of the big three. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 26
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, nathanclawfish said:

I will repeat my comment from the update thread, as my opinion remains the same:

What annoys me about the hunter is the fact that all their previous logic doesnt work for its addition to the german tech tree as outlined below:

> Canadian mexas leopard, goes to Germany, not the UK, because the base vehicle is German as it is based on a german vehicle.

> Class 3P goes to Germany, not the UK, because it was built with assitance from German company for   and in South Africa, and at the time there was no south african tree (That came a patch later)

> Australian M1A1 Abrams goes to the USA, not the UK, because the base vehicle is American tank even if literally every other ozzie vehicle is in the british tech tree.

> Ram II is in the us tech tree, even though it was never operated by them, and is the wrong version that they tested,  because it used american made transmission elements

> Boarhoud in the US tech tree, because it was made in america, even if it was made for an order by the british, who were the only operator of it

But when the swiss hunter comes around it goes to germany, even if its based on a british vehicle, there is no justification for it being in the german tech tree, as if that was the case the Class 3(p) would have been in the brit tree, but it wasnt.  This just reeks of  "Rules for Thee not for Me" and makes it clear Gaijin did not learn their lesson after the backlash from the DF 105, as it just seems that they will do anything in their power to avoid giving something to britian if they think they can make more money off it by sticking it in one of the big three. 

100% agree

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, nathanclawfish said:

Despite me not being fully convinced by the Hunter having to go to Britain, at its core, I do fully agree with you that it at least shouldn't go in Germany.

Edited by Command_oCommand
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 8

• Suggestion Moderator

I would be annoyed regardless of where it went as I am a proponent of an independent Swiss tree, but especially annoying is the lack of consistency on the Hunter's implementation. I'm concerned for the future of Swiss vehicles, as most likely it's just going to go the way of Finland, reduced to nothing but filler for its host nation (in this case, Germany).

Edited by Headnaught
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 13

France or Britain make the most sense, Germany, nah, it needs to move over. Support.

24 minutes ago, Revenesis said:

I think the Hunter is fine where it is now. There have been past events such as Merkava, which has no connection with the US at all but was introduced into the US ground force tech tree. All of these add bits of variety and colors to the gameplay.

Israel wasn't in the game at that point, and wasn't added for years after they were in the US tree, Israel also has massive ties to the USA? they are probably the closest country they have ties with in the game.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
7 minutes ago, nathanclawfish said:

This sums it up perfectly. The previously mentioned vehicles can be forgiven since they were (mostly) added during a time where these other minor nation vehicles weren't actively added yet. But now with this Hunter Gaijin should have known better.

Like @Headnaughtsaid, I'm not exactly 100% behind it going to the british tree either. But in the setup of the game Britain does make the most sense.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Headnaught said:

I would be annoyed regardless of where it went as I am a proponent of an independent Swiss tree, but especially annoying is the lack of consistency on the Hunter's implementation. I'm concerned for the future of Swiss vehicles, as most likely it's just going to go the way of Finland, reduced to nothing but filler for its host nation (in this case, Germany).

As of now, the way I'm seeing the Hunter being in Germany is how a finnish vehicle enthousiast would feel if a finnish vehicle is put in Russia instead of Sweden.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, SupremeSnake said:

France or Britain make the most sense, Germany, nah, it needs to move over. Support.

Israel wasn't in the game at that point, and wasn't added for years after they were in the US tree, Israel also has massive ties to the USA? they are probably the closest country they have ties with in the game.

Political ties, but the vehicle itself are not even connected to the US in one single bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

As of now, the way I'm seeing the Hunter being in Germany is how a finnish vehicle enthousiast would feel if a finnish vehicle is put in Russia instead of Sweden.

Says the French speaking Swissman, 2/3rds of your country likely disagrees :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Hwkeersv said:

I see so many new faces with weird opinions, and not only Cancremany players shares the such weirdness. And I don't understand why you all arguing, because it's obvious that Swiss hunter as well as entire future TT of Switzerland (Not Sweden I need to mention) should go for Italy, so I beg you all, to prevent such suggestions from being suggested.

You guys get Hungary and Romania, no Swiss for you

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
medal

3 minutes ago, Lord_Prism said:

Says the French speaking Swissman, 2/3rds of your country likely disagrees :laugh:

You guys get Hungary and Romania, no Swiss for you

Doesn't make the points I originaly made any less valid even if it was the case.

Edited by Command_oCommand
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1