Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

TheElite96

• Senior Forum Moderator

HPqsGDJ.jpg

WELCOME to the War Thunder Rumor Round-Up and Discussion Thread!

Here you can discuss everything related to the upcoming major update, including rumors, data mines, and dev blogs.

However, please AVOID these types of discussions:

Wishlisting. Some examples:

• "I want the F-22 next update!"
  • "Gaijin where are these vehicles!!!" <lists 10 vehicles they want in the game>

There's a separate thread for this here.

Vehicle spec discussions, such as armour, ammo, ordnance, guns, data sheets, performance. Some examples:

• "I hope for these vehicles, they will balance the game. They have XYZ ordnance and will counter the !"
  • 2 page discussions about what type of ammo a new tank in a dev blog will get. Now this is fine for the most part since a vehicle in the dev blog is part of the next update, however it can escalate into completely other discussions so do be careful!

There's plenty of threads for these discussions here.

Bug reports, issues, suggestions, feedback for dev-server or testing. Some examples:

• "Abrams is missing its thermals. However that's not meant to be as it had this historically. Smin fix this!!!"
  • "I think that Challenger 3 would be a good addition to British Ground tree, here are the specs for it"
  • "This thing is bugged on the dev server, devs please fix it!"

You can make a bug report here and suggestion here. When the dev server is up, use the DEV Server Section for feedback.

Not avoiding these example discussions will mean your post is likely to be hidden by a moderator. Any continuation after that might mean you get a warning.

You must remember that this is the most popular and active thread on the forum. Its aim is to put all of the next update's information in one place so it can be discussed amongst the community. Other discussions like outlined in the examples above can be discussed in proper forum sections. Often official Gaijin members will respond on this thread so do be sure to remain respectful! Otherwise they may just stop. Please also remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions on what may be coming. If you follow the forum rules, you'll be okay!

Please use the La Royale Thread to discuss Major Update "La Royale". Complaining here won't solve anything and is considered off-topic.

FAQ

Q: What is this thread about?

A:  This thread is about the upcoming major update and future content.

Q: Will you add...?

A: No. We are not developers, just nosy players.

Q: Why isn't [vehicle] on the list?

A: Either because there is no evidence that this vehicle will be added, or because no one told me that there is such evidence.

Q: Why is [vehicle/feature] on the Denied list?

A: Because said feature or vehicle was denied by Gaijin developers or their representatives at some point in the past.

Q: Where did my post go?

A: Off-Topic comments will often be hidden (not deleted) to keep this thread readable and on topic. No need to be alarmed or comment on the disappearing post(s), if concerned then PM Forum Moderators or Seniors.

Q: When will we get the patch?

A: Currently the next major update is planned for September 2023, as revealed here.

Q: What if I don't want to read all these pages to find out what will come?

A: Read the OP. I and other moderators will frequently update it with new information.

List of stuff related to next update, what we know so far:

This is the list of stuff we know has been confirmed, plausible, denied and also data mine related stuff to the next update.

If you think something is missing from this list, please tag @TheElite96 in a reply, or send a private message.

First off, big image leak: https://imgur.com/a/5vuy8M5

This section has not been updated for Major Update "La Royale" yet and will be within the days following release.

Likely

Spoiler
  • French navy next update - Source

Plausible

Spoiler
  • empty :(

General overview of stuff collected over the last few updates, updated regularly:

Stuff that has been confirmed officially by Gaijin will have " Confirmed: " in front of it.

Aircraft:

Spoiler

Aircraft general

h7zKYQw.png United States

AT7CbU6.png Germany

SJtU0we.png Russia / Soviet

XbQcCio.png Great Britain

ufcDcdz.png Japan

xWY7rUE.png China

06W7ypB.png Italy

ORbqsHb.png France

37cAZtY.png Sweden

MT8aCN4.png Israel

Other aircraft

Ground forces:

Spoiler

Ground forces general

• Regenerative steering - Source
  • Time fused shells - Source 1 / Source 2
  • Damage model of wheeled vehicles for damage to suspension and wheels - Source
  • Single player ground campaign in the works - Source
  • New Japan map - Source

AT7CbU6.png Germany

SJtU0we.png Russia / Soviet

ufcDcdz.png Japan

xWY7rUE.png China

• Wan Cheng 2 -  Source
  • Confirmed:  ZTS63A - Source
  • Confirmed:  Type 79 - Source
  • Confirmed:  PGZ88 - Source
  • Confirmed:  Sd Kfz 222 - Source
  • Confirmed:  Type 59-II - Source
  • BT-5 - Source 1 / Source 2 tech tree picture and stat card picture found in the files
  • Ha-Go - Source 1 / Source 2 tech tree picture and stat card picture found in the files
  • T-34-85 (D-5T) - Source 1 / Source 2 tech tree picture and stat card picture found in the files

06W7ypB.png Italy

ORbqsHb.png France

37cAZtY.png Sweden

MT8aCN4.png Israel

Naval:

Spoiler

Naval general

• New naval game modes - Source
  • Texture updates for PT boats' 37mm M4. - Source

• tt_tta53_50_533mm for Riga class frigates.
  • turret_127mm_mk32 is a slightly more modern 5 inch side arm for U.S. cruisers. - (Source)
  • turret_130mm_bl109a_twin and turret_305mm_sm31_triple? - used on "Stalingrad" class Heavy Cruiser(Source)

AT7CbU6.png  Germany

SJtU0we.png  Russia / Soviet

• Stalingrad -  Source
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya - Source  
  • "9M39 Igla on MPK pr.12412 currently WIP, to receive feature in a future update"

ufcDcdz.png  Japan

xWY7rUE.png  China

• Confirmed: Plans for the Chinese navy - Source

06W7ypB.png  Italy

• MS74 Serie 2a (Torpedoboat)  - Source
  • Sparviero (P 420) (art) -  Source

ORbqsHb.png France

empty :(

37cAZtY.png  Sweden

Helicopters:

Spoiler

General helicopters

AT7CbU6.png  Germany

SJtU0we.png  Russia / Soviet

XbQcCio.png  Great Britain

• Wessex HU. Mk. 5 -  Source 1  / Source 2
  • Confirmed: Plans to develop the British helicopter research tree - Source
  • Confirmed: Considering more helicopters, specifically the Westland Wessex - Source

ufcDcdz.png  Japan

xWY7rUE.png  China

06W7ypB.png  Italy

• Plans to expand Italian helicopters tree - source

ORbqsHb.png  France

37cAZtY.png  Sweden

MT8aCN4.png Israel

Other helicopters

• Mi-24 Superhind not excluded as a possibility - Source

Submarines:

Spoiler

General submarines

• Submarines unclear - Q&A so far said either "not now" or "not yet". Submarines might come eventually since they were in April Fools 2018.
  • Submarines might be in the works due to this evidence: - Source 1 / Source 2 / Source 3

Other:

Spoiler

Other general

Nations & Sub Trees

• New playable nations SoonTM - Source
  • More sub trees coming, no details on release time - Source
  • Poland may be in the works, but no specific plans - Source
  • Hungarian sub tree for Italy - Source 1 / Source 2

Unclear:

Spoiler

General unclear

• OV-10A unclear - being worked on by Nova, it's a possible candidate.

Please remember to keep on-topic and respect each other.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Senior Forum Moderator

Opened! Welcome guys, sorry I'm a little late!

The OP will be updated today & tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 06/06/2023 at 12:04, TheElite96 said:

Pz.35t Romania Mare premium (CDK and data finds) - Source 1 / Source 2 / Source 3

As far as I can remember, this has been here for maybe 6 years. How likely is stuff like this to arrive any time soon? Anyone remember when it first appeared? And did we ever see any of the old models appear in game? Ever?

On 06/06/2023 at 19:04, TheElite96 said:

China

Maybe add VT-4? Its track model is in the CDK.

Edited by 不是很能抗压
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@TheElite96 There have been a few hint's to upcoming content in the road maps.

1. Rank 8 ground 

2. A new nation.

Spoiler

Currently, War Thunder features 10 playable nations, and we have no intentions of stopping there! However, as we introduce new nations, it becomes increasingly challenging to capture the attention of veteran players.

They have already traversed the ranks multiple times, and therefore, each new journey through a different tree becomes less captivating. To address this, we plan on implementing a system to alleviate the situation.

If a player has a top vehicle in a vehicle branch within one nation, they will receive a RP bonus when researching the equivalent branch of other nations. In the research tree, certain vehicles will be marked as "top" vehicles for each nation at any given time. Once a player gets one of these vehicles, they will receive an RP bonus when researching other nations where they haven't yet obtained the top vehicles. The size of the bonus will depend on the rank being researched and will be applicable for the first three battles played each day. The preliminary bonus for each rank will be: For rank IV +15% For rank V + 25% For rank VI + 35% For ranks VII and VIII + 50%

These are our initial plans, but we may adjust them by the time the new mechanics have been introduced. We plan to add these bonuses in a future major update, planned for October-November 2023

I believe this is solid evidence we are getting a new nation in the October update. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Deathmisser said:

@TheElite96 There have been a few hint's to upcoming content in the road maps.

1. Rank 8 ground 

2. A new nation.

Hide contents

Currently, War Thunder features 10 playable nations, and we have no intentions of stopping there! However, as we introduce new nations, it becomes increasingly challenging to capture the attention of veteran players.

They have already traversed the ranks multiple times, and therefore, each new journey through a different tree becomes less captivating. To address this, we plan on implementing a system to alleviate the situation.

If a player has a top vehicle in a vehicle branch within one nation, they will receive a RP bonus when researching the equivalent branch of other nations. In the research tree, certain vehicles will be marked as "top" vehicles for each nation at any given time. Once a player gets one of these vehicles, they will receive an RP bonus when researching other nations where they haven't yet obtained the top vehicles. The size of the bonus will depend on the rank being researched and will be applicable for the first three battles played each day. The preliminary bonus for each rank will be: For rank IV +15% For rank V + 25% For rank VI + 35% For ranks VII and VIII + 50%

These are our initial plans, but we may adjust them by the time the new mechanics have been introduced. We plan to add these bonuses in a future major update, planned for October-November 2023

I believe this is solid evidence we are getting a new nation in the October update. 

Yeah,, pl0x norway

• Confused 2
medal

I wanna say and hope the F-15 is coming but probably not lol 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, bananomet said:

I open the game and have like 10 unknown people in my friends list. Is that normal? Did that ever happen to any of you guys?

They are probably your old friends but maybe they changed their in game nick name

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheElite96 said:

Opened! Welcome guys, sorry I'm a little late!

The OP will be updated today & tomorrow.

Cheers!

Ah, I understand you busy this time

42 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

I wanna say and hope the F-15 is coming but probably not lol 

I was secretly hoping next quarter dev consider new aircraft 11.0 from french navy under F-8EN line or under F-100D line, new aircraft 10.7 or 11.3 from ROCAF or PLAAF under Q-5L
and new aircraft 12.0 with targeting pod & Air-to-Ground ordiance better Tornado IDS (1995) for Italy & new aircraft 12.0 from USN/USMC better A-7E in USA tech tree

So yeah, Now Israel & Japan no heavyweight 4th gen fighter aircraft 12.0 toptier with AIM-7

Edited by oom1992
medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
53 minutes ago, 굴러온 said:

Do we need this as IJN Ise and French fleet is implemetned in game this update?

As said in the OP, the list is not updated yet and will be updated in the coming days. I also said this in the opening comment.

@TheElite96 Sorry for the ping as your are very busy but it look like the next major update is confirmed to be in September.

1654057924_bandicam2023-06-1423-03-03-032

"We plan on implementing this mechanic along with the next major update in September, 2023."

https://warthunder.com/en/news/8318-development-economy-revision-our-plan-in-detail-en

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Deathmisser said:

just because they mentioned "we arent stopping here" doesnt mean its a solid proof for a new nation...

why would they suddenly stop?? makes no sense.

• Confused 2
medal