12.8cm Selbstfahrlafette L/61 (Panzerselbstfahrlafette V) [Sturer Emil]

SubRyan

2.8 cm Kanon 40 auf VK 3001 (H)  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Yes after the IV/70!

It would be a better fit after the Hetzer, seeing as it's an open top tank destroyer like the Marders are.  It also has relatively light armor compared to other German tank destroyers, which is a trait also shared with the Marders.  So to me, the glass cannon TD line makes more sense.

medal medal

It would be a better fit after the Hetzer, seeing as it's an open top tank destroyer like the Marders are.  It also has relatively light armor compared to other German tank destroyers, which is a trait also shared with the Marders.  So to me, the glass cannon TD line makes more sense.

Good point, I'd put this at a 6.0-6.3 BR. Because its speed and Armour are a huge issue. That gun would club a bit tho.

medal medal medal

nope.. imho we need an Open TD Branch for the germans... started by the Panzerjäger I -> Marders -> Nashorn -> Max -> Emil (all with the late war ammo of the KT 105 and the JT since post war ammo on so many other tnaks) -> GESCHÜTZWAGEN TIGER

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

nope.. imho we need an Open TD Branch for the germans... started by the Panzerjäger I -> Marders -> Nashorn -> Max -> Emil (all with the late war ammo of the KT 105 and the JT since post war ammo on so many other tnaks) -> GESCHÜTZWAGEN TIGER

That would work just as well.  The Hetzer and the 35 and 38(t)s can be moved(any ideas where they could be relocated to?)  and the Panzerjager I would be a nice fit into tier I.  Are you sure the Dicker Max should be after the Nashorn?  I thought the PaK 43 was more powerful than the 10.5 cm sK 18.  Edit:  I know you made the line based on ascending caliber size, but we both know that larger caliber size doesn't always equal more power.

Edited by JacobIsHusky
medal medal

if we give it the Pzgr 39 of the KWK 46 Tiger II (with correct penetration) then ig uess it could be stronger

medal medal medal medal

I don't know...only two units build......do we REALLY need this?

I mean yeah..we have the Maus (bad enough) but only because it is kinda needed to give germans something to use in T5.

Frankly I can see no use for this vehicle. IT would only be good as long range sniper (amazing gun, amazing gun depression, weak hull) on huge maps.....which aren't in the game anymore.

medal

Don't forget the SU-100Y... and if we get an open top td branch... it cannot just end with the Nashorn

medal medal medal medal

If

Thing is, the huns pretty much took anything with tracks they found and slapped some AT thing on it. Hell, even the bren carrier was given three Schrecks.

Edited by Doktor_Junkers
medal medal medal

Thing is, the huns pretty much took anything with tracks they found and slapped some AT thing on it. Hell, even the bren carrier was given three Schrecks.

i just had to imagine how design of support vehicles worked then... "this is blablabla" first question: "Can it carry AT-Weapons? No? Back to the drawing board!" btw they also took some things with wheels^^ Pakwagen Sdfkz 234/4

Edited by RohmMohc
medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ugly tank with powerful gun but low end 40mm armor. You could easily kill it with a Tier 1 37mm gun so you need a high distance to.

Bad idea to use it on small city maps. Imagine all the crying players who payed lots of SL or GE for it and get killed after seconds by a Tier III AA tank.

I love my well armored Jagdtiger and I would never prefer this "Selbstfahrlafette L/61". I think it was only built twice, because it was too bad for series production.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...